PDA

View Full Version : Invisible wall/land mine fix progress update PLEASE

CobMcCool
22-11-2015, 12:25
Would it be possible for someone to let us know what is the status of ridding this game of one of the biggest and most annoying problems this game has, I and many people I race with are having way too many races ruined by the dreaded invisible wall, and despite it being identified quite some time ago and after 6 patches it still prevails, on every track I've used and is making the game unviable as an online league racing platform (not to mention the buggy pit stops but that's for another time). Please let us know what's going on and if any progress has been made to solve this very, very frustrating issue.
Cheers

vahagn_hayk
22-11-2015, 12:52
i have not had the issue at all, since lowering the camber to -0.0 and max -1.0 values as suggested in many threads and posts, until this is taken care of by SMS.

CobMcCool
22-11-2015, 14:26
I did search before I posted and didn't see anything about a camber setting work around could please post some links to give me more details about this, so I can pass it on.
Cheers

vahagn_hayk
22-11-2015, 15:12
in general sticky tire thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION

CobMcCool
22-11-2015, 22:58
Thanks, but that only narrowed it down to 142 pages, I did a thread search and still found nothing relevant or anything that mentions camber settings negating invisible walls/land mines, if you could be more specific that would much appreciated.
Cheers

hkraft300
23-11-2015, 00:09
Camber exploit isn't related to land mine as far as I know.
Don't quote me but I think the land mine issue was identified just before patch 4 release and it's being worked on since.
A possible work-around is contact with a wall or something (just a light enough scrape to not damage your car) that resets something that causes the land mine.

Patch 6 had a mention of a possible invisible wall fix on a particular track.

I've had the land mine a couple times and invisible wall a few times since release. Maybe I'm not doing long enough races.

Anyway, they're in the works, but This info is speculation and estimation from what I've read here.

M-Bimmer
24-11-2015, 14:26
Land mine at SPA once in patch 6.
Invisible wall at Dubai once in patch 2 or 3
Default setup on cars.
Have the footage from patch 6 to prove it; will embedded it here on the weekend.

vahagn_hayk
24-11-2015, 20:37
yeah go down to 0.0 and 0.0 camber and you will not have a single invisible wall issue! and your lap times get nicely faster too :) max. camber -0.6/-0.8 frint and rear, so values to work with Front and Rear across all cars: -0.0 to -0.8

i-am-the-stig
24-11-2015, 23:38
Still not fixed land mine at the end https://youtu.be/m3hN2ef3t-4

CobMcCool
27-11-2015, 22:00
yeah go down to 0.0 and 0.0 camber and you will not have a single invisible wall issue! and your lap times get nicely faster too :) max. camber -0.6/-0.8 frint and rear, so values to work with Front and Rear across all cars: -0.0 to -0.8

Thanks for that,
I am a little sceptical about this but I'll give it a try, it sort of sounds like a situation where I am safe from being attacked by a tiger, because I am wearing black underpants, ie; one has no bearing on the other, but magically it must work as I've never been attacked by a tiger, however if it does work, happy days, but the first thing I've noticed is that the minimum negative front camber on the RUF gt3 is -0.9 so hopefully this is still within the range which does something. I will let you know if and when I can determine if this has worked.
Cheers

CobMcCool
02-12-2015, 21:54
Ok so here's the verdict, for a week or so I was hopeful as I had no incidents and it was looking good, then last night online racing at Laguna seca I had a few close calls where you can tell you've just brushed something then I got a massive invisible wall near the start/finish line.
So no it doesn't work, and I'm guessing the solution needs to be a little deeper than camber settings, like maybe the people who made the game should be fixing it, it's a known issue that's been around for a long time, any information on what is being done to resolve this, or are they doing nothing, either way anything would be greatly appreciated.

hkraft300
03-12-2015, 09:00
Camber setting has nothing to do with landmine issue, the cause for which was discovered over a month ago.
iirc reading a dev post >2 months ago, it is more prone to happen in a longer race, but it can be avoided by contact eg light touch/scrape on a barrier that won't break your car.
Invisible wall is still baffling, though.

graveltrap
14-12-2015, 20:15
3 times so far today, all with the RUF all at Imola :(

http://youtu.be/5sfr2ckg3-E

Clipped the best one...