PDA

View Full Version : Pit box ALWAYS occupied bug

ghostbodark
23-11-2015, 12:16
Hey all, created an account just for this.

40 minutes into the 25 hr Bathurst Endurance Race in Career, I needed to pit. However, I opted to pit a few laps earlier than need be, and noticed that the message "Pit box currently occupied" was displayed throughout several laps, and noticed as well, several AI cars simply staying in the pits. Getting desperate, I drove into the pits to refuel - I did this on several laps, but no success and eventually, I ran out of fuel roughly 40 minutes into the race.

Could this please be fixed? I thought the idea of doing a full length endurance race would be a fun challenge, though this has hampered my likelihood of a second attempt if this occurs again, especially if it were to occur much later during such a race.

ONESPACE
23-11-2015, 15:35

40 minutes into the 25 hr Bathurst Endurance Race in Career, I needed to pit. However, I opted to pit a few laps earlier than need be, and noticed that the message "Pit box currently occupied" was displayed throughout several laps, and noticed as well, several AI cars simply staying in the pits. Getting desperate, I drove into the pits to refuel - I did this on several laps, but no success and eventually, I ran out of fuel roughly 40 minutes into the race.

Could this please be fixed? I thought the idea of doing a full length endurance race would be a fun challenge, though this has hampered my likelihood of a second attempt if this occurs again, especially if it were to occur much later during such a race.

I think this is a PS4 discussion thread, if your on PC platform. But anyways, I had the same issue running a test race at Nurburgring Short. It was like it never failed when I needed to pit, I would get the 'pit box occupied'. And that was with only 3 or 4 AI's and 20 other pit boxes open. It kind of stinks I found more bad things that out way the goods things with this game.

LordDRIFT
23-11-2015, 16:36
when I needed to pit, I would get the 'pit box occupied'. And that was with only 3 or 4 AI's and 20 other pit boxes open. It kind of stinks I found more bad things that out way the goods things with this game.You do realize you and your teammate are only assigned to one and the same box right.

ghostbodark
23-11-2015, 20:42
I think this is a PS4 discussion thread, if your on PC platform.

Oh my bad, I didn't realise about the profile settings until much later. But yeah, this was on PS4. It was a bit strange too, the number of cars staying in the pit box continuously grew throughout the race.

ONESPACE
23-11-2015, 23:41
You do realize you and your teammate are only assigned to one and the same box right.

Yes I thought about that, but seems pretty stupid to have a teammate with only 5 cars racing. And when I couldn't pit, I would have slicks on and a thunderstorm and do nothing but spin in circles trying to get back to the pits. By then, the AI's would pass me, not to mention dive bomb me to gain position and then get to pits first. This game Is a complete mess with tires and pit stops. I've tried way to many different scenarios, and nothing really works. And I'm just as fast as the AI's at 100% and sometimes faster.
Before you say anything, just remember this, create setup races work pretty good, but default setup races are complete rubbish.

Grunotti
02-02-2016, 12:05

I have the same problem on pc in le mans and watkins glen.
Are they fix it or not.???
Now these races are useless if you cant pit:mad: