PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS DLC- Classic Lotus Track Expansion - Content Overview

Pages : 1 [2]

Ian Bell
02-12-2015, 23:03
The price is slowly getting higher. Next pack . ?? Who knows ??
We started at what $3.25 or something (testing the water )and the last $11.25 (give it a go and see ).
I know others charge more but my Mum always said just because someone else is doing that doesn't mean I have too .
Maybe SMS can lead by example and keep prices lower and in turn become market leader .

The content got higher...

Serious seb
02-12-2015, 23:05
I know others charge more but my Mum always said just because someone else is doing that doesn't mean I have too .
Maybe SMS can lead by example and keep prices lower and in turn become market leader .

No The DLC are not really coming more expensives because they have more content ( last DLC 3 tracks and 4 or 5 cars ) it's more than the DLC at 5 euros ! so it's logical .
I think the futur should be Renault and Bannochbrae track (???) .. this tracks seems to rock !! there was a playable , not finished similar track during the dev ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-EWgGa9wfo) ...with lot of bug (the last views seem amazing ! ) . So it must be like Audi Pack : 5 euros ! ... except if SMS has read my post !!! :D ... in this case it will be 1 euro !!! highly_amused ... and I will buy it !!!

Lol !! my mum says the same sentence (but in french !!) and she is not a business woman !!:D ... but I know that in the market we can find some lobby pressure to equilibrate standard prices , or to avoid to stop a certain ''establishment''( but it's forbidden and punished by the law ...but ?? ) .. maybe you have no other choice to win lot of money if you have made a good work ... even you don't want !! ;)... all the games have the same price (or close) but all the game have probably not the same budget or cost !! so , some company make lot of money on our back , if they have good sale and can loose or equilibrates their investment , if the succes is not coming , or take more time to make profits ... but time is money :(!!! ... I can't imagine the money they win with block buster like Destiny and DLC at 40 euros , close to the price of the game, and probably not the same durability, and less work base is done but I can't speak because I don't know enough this game , I just read some posts on forums and it's not the subject of this PCAR post !!!

JessicaWalter
02-12-2015, 23:09
The content got higher...

yes. yes it did. :) Rouen alone is worth the price of admission (nothing against the other dlc, i love all of them equally...just not as much as Rouen, hehehe)

Fong74
03-12-2015, 08:59
The 49C at Ol' Hock is a blast, too. Just reduce camber for default-setup to 0,5 front and 0,0 rear, put a big smile on you face while braking into the fist chicane and hold your breath while banging into the second chicane... The game creates a wonderful feeling for the traction limit the car has in the long sweeper that follows. For me one of the fun-benchmarks for future simracing experiences. Its all about the feeling and pCars delivers there for sure. With the Classic DLC it becomes obvious what the physics engine is capable of doing....

p.s.:
Rouen with the Lotus 51 is still my favourite combo from the last DLC. I just love this little racecar and this road track.

wombat666
03-12-2015, 09:00
The price is slowly getting higher. Next pack . ?? Who knows ??
We started at what $3.25 or something (testing the water )and the last $11.25 (give it a go and see ).

SMS DLC is big value for money.
Try checking out addons for Flight Simulator X (2 versions) or Lockheed Martin's P3D (2 versions).
Currently the top of the line aircraft and scenery offerings need to be compatible with FSX, FSX Steam, P3D2 and P3D3, for example, a very recent release of the USAF McDonnell F4E Phantom and USN F4J Phantom will cost me around A$145.00!
Which is not going to happen.
Give me a DLC package with a mix of older circuits and a sensible mix of cars and (given the devalued A$) I'm happy enough to pay up to US$15.00 to US$20.00 for quality.
:cool:

2stains
03-12-2015, 11:44
Keep it up and SMS will think its okay to charge more , just a bit more here and a bit more there and before you know it s $10 a car and $ 15 a track just like iracing .

I dont know this will happen but why tempt them!

BigFred
03-12-2015, 12:23
Keep it up and SMS will think its okay to charge more , just a bit more here and a bit more there and before you know it s $10 a car and $ 15 a track just like iracing .

Or alternatively they will feel that no-one is prepared to pay the price for the amount of work they put in and they just won't bother making the dlc in the first place.

Which to me would be a real shame.

My guess is that the dlc is more about maintaining interest in the product and keeping the fan base happy than making massive profits. Personally after the vintage car pack I'm going to buy the Aston Martin dlc. Not because I particularly like Astons, but because I love what they are doing in the classic cars and tracks in PCars and I want them to continue it and show support for it.

mister dog
03-12-2015, 13:17

Price is just right, it's priced so a majority of people will pick it up anyway even if not all the content interests them. If it would be higher a la Forza or even worse like iracing a lot more folk would hold off on buying the DLC unless the pack is 100% their cup of tea.

And about this increased price for the Lotus content, it's only normal seeing you get 3 tracks which IMO hold a lot more value than 3 cars. I don't really understand why anyone wouldn't realize that.

BigFred
03-12-2015, 13:29
Price is just right, it's priced so a majority of people will pick it up anyway even if not all the content interests them. If it would be higher a la Forza or even worse like iracing a lot more folk would hold off on buying the DLC unless the pack is 100% their cup of tea.

And about this increased price for the Lotus content, it's only normal seeing you get 3 tracks which IMO hold a lot more value than 3 cars. I don't really understand why anyone wouldn't realize that.

To be fair, most people simply have no clue how much work goes into putting a track together.

Value in each added track is huge for me. Learning the track, then mastering in different cars, then hotlapping, then learning how to race and pass. Three tracks take me a huge amount of time to master.

Plato99
03-12-2015, 15:20
Drive the Lotus 72 around Silverstone with headphones on.

The cost of the dlc will become irrelevant.

PostBox981
03-12-2015, 17:31
And finally, once again: Nobody is forced by law to buy the DLC.

Three thrilling tracks plus three new cars = months of fun. For the price of say 6 liters of Diesel. How can I go wrong???

2stains
03-12-2015, 21:50
Okay .

The boysclub
03-12-2015, 22:36
Nice dlc
Silverstone - problem - can NOT pit �� Rune my race.
Please fix. Ps4

pa_pinkelman
04-12-2015, 13:56
SMS DLC is big value for money.
Try checking out addons for Flight Simulator X (2 versions) or Lockheed Martin's P3D (2 versions).
Currently the top of the line aircraft and scenery offerings need to be compatible with FSX, FSX Steam, P3D2 and P3D3, for example, a very recent release of the USAF McDonnell F4E Phantom and USN F4J Phantom will cost me around A$145.00!
Which is not going to happen.
Give me a DLC package with a mix of older circuits and a sensible mix of cars and (given the devalued A$) I'm happy enough to pay up to US$15.00 to US$20.00 for quality.
:cool:

Then you should try the latest driveclub dlc, its for free. :D

Plato99
04-12-2015, 14:52
Then you should try the latest driveclub dlc, its for free. :D

Free means nowt if the game is dire.

Alan Dallas
08-12-2015, 03:35
I obtained this DLC pack for .20 cents(US) out of pocket...

My debit card cash rewards bonus was $7.29 heheh :p

Leper Messiah
08-12-2015, 08:08
Thanks for the money SMS, ploughed it back in and got the Lotus DLC pack. :)

Mascot
08-12-2015, 08:38
Can I please ask for an official dev response as to whether the pit stop and replay problems with Silverstone Classic have been identified and will be resolved in time for the next patch? This is one of our favourite tracks for MP racing but it's such a shame that we can't currently run qualifying sessions prior to racing or utilise pit stops during the race.

On a related theme, is there any way for totally randomised grids to be introduced as an option please? When we currently (out of necessity) go straight into a race the grid positions are always the same, ie in the order that people joined the lobby. Surely it can't be too hard to add a randomiser?

Many thanks.

Mascot
09-12-2015, 07:27
New issue last night to add to my message above: one player entered the pits during a RUF R-GT8 MP race at Silverstone Classic (I know, I know - what was he thinking? Madness!) and amazingly escaped afterwards, but with his engine limited to 2000rpm. I don't know if any devs will find this interesting or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Flat_out
09-12-2015, 10:42
Also problems I've reported in Xbox section.
Cars leaving pits with damage and cars stuck in garages at start of race instead of being on track!!

Mascot
10-12-2015, 07:20
Can I please ask for an official dev response as to whether the pit stop and replay problems with Silverstone Classic have been identified and will be resolved in time for the next patch? This is one of our favourite tracks for MP racing but it's such a shame that we can't currently run qualifying sessions prior to racing or utilise pit stops during the race.

On a related theme, is there any way for totally randomised grids to be introduced as an option please? When we currently (out of necessity) go straight into a race the grid positions are always the same, ie in the order that people joined the lobby. Surely it can't be too hard to add a randomiser?

Many thanks.

Any chance of a reply please guys?

transfix
11-12-2015, 15:36
Is there anyway to get these DLC tracks/Cars to cycle in the Career races?

balderz002
11-12-2015, 19:10
Bloody hell, just tried to muscle the Mercedes 300sel 6.8 round Classic Silverstone...... Its a beast that wont be tamed!

Great track, great fun car!

The boysclub
14-12-2015, 22:35
I have still pit issuse aftner patch 7. My car drives threw the pits without stopping. I lost my race again and again. Can somebody help me. Please!!

ImStylinOnYaBro
16-12-2015, 04:36
is the final turns going to be addressed in silverstone? i heard in a video its not very accurate. also, were historic spa and monza axed as in-game circuits or are they going to be in a different expansion?

mr_belowski
07-02-2016, 15:57
I'm a bit late to this particular party, but I got the lotus DLC yesterday and its bloomin awesome. Been racing the old GT car round Rouen in the p!ssing rain. What a buzz - real edge of the seat stuff with limited visibility, fast corners and no room for error. Smashin. That is all :)

Hammerpgh
07-02-2016, 18:08
Love the DLC. Thanks! :)

Very weird handling with Lotus 25 Climax with 62 Hard tyre (default is 65 Medium). FFB has ultra fast vibration with them, similar to "white line" bug, but no white line. Also the car goes absolutely all over the place at 60 km/h and higher and tyre forces circles keep flickering.

No problems with 65 Medium tyre and those feel very good.

No experience of this at all. For me the 62 hard tyre is the better of the two. At Hockenheim for instance the hard is around 5 seconds a lap faster than the 65 medium.

Hammerpgh
07-02-2016, 19:20
I absolutely love this dlc and picked it up as soon as it was available (old Grand Prix Legends addict so how could I resist lol). My only complaint about it is the lack of competitiveness of the AI. Even running them at 100% on these tracks doesn't make them competitive especially at Hockenheim where they are just way too slow. Even starting from the back of the grid I was able to reach first place by the exit of the third chicane and build up a massive lead. Any chance this can be looked at. The Classic cars in general are just not competitive enough, even those originally in the game.

I still love this dlc though... fantastic fun and always brings a big smile to my face :)

mr_belowski
07-02-2016, 21:48
I found the Type 40 AI to be pretty good at Rouen if you can get past the first lap chaos.

That Woodcote chicane at Silverstone was an unpleasant surprise :)

Hammerpgh
08-02-2016, 23:35
I found the Type 40 AI to be pretty good at Rouen if you can get past the first lap chaos.

That Woodcote chicane at Silverstone was an unpleasant surprise :)

Yeah that Woodcote chicane caught me out a few times lol

OctoberDusk06
09-02-2016, 10:10
I absolutely love this dlc and picked it up as soon as it was available (old Grand Prix Legends addict so how could I resist lol). My only complaint about it is the lack of competitiveness of the AI. Even running them at 100% on these tracks doesn't make them competitive especially at Hockenheim where they are just way too slow. Even starting from the back of the grid I was able to reach first place by the exit of the third chicane and build up a massive lead. Any chance this can be looked at. The Classic cars in general are just not competitive enough, even those originally in the game.

I still love this dlc though... fantastic fun and always brings a big smile to my face :)

I agree. The Lotus DLC was fantastic. We had a league based around the Lotus Classics at the time this came out (and still do) and imagine our surprise! But practice is solo, and as a...ahem..."slow" driver, I second the statement that the classic A.I. are just not up to speed. (And the "medium" 1970 tire is much faster than the "soft" 1972 slick tire?). Even at 100% they are easily lapped at all tracks.