PDA

View Full Version : Wheel wobble since patch 6.0

Pirategenius
24-11-2015, 14:43
Having searched for this problem and not found anything I've decided to ask for help.

Having wheel wobble at high speed and under braking. I'm using JS FFB settings on a T100. It was all fine before patch 6.0. Before you all say it's the grinding problem it's not grinding, the wheel violently oscillates left and right. Any ideas on how to stop this?

Roger Prynne
24-11-2015, 14:50
Try turning down Tire Force or Steering Gain.

vahagn_hayk
24-11-2015, 14:57
FFB is off on console PS4, have tested now with T100, T150, T300, G29 and CSW V2. completely off, any setting you had have to adjust with main FFB, TF, Steering Gain, Master Scale and SoP Scale. (if you are using it) also, there seems to be a FFB issue generally speaking with console PS4 and wheels. posted in another thread, was busy testing on PS4 and PC this weekend. and only PS4, you had different FFB feeling from car to car, session to session, and track to track, even feeling of wheel, or exiting pits slow or high speed and wheel oscillation/ wobble. so might do my complete change to PC, since has less FFB issues on PC (both platforms have their advantages/ disadvantages, issues or problems) but to me it seems console FFB does not seem to work and can't get a handle on IMHO. every patch, you have to almost delete completely and redo everything on PS4, and did not have that on PC, pretty much stayed same feeling on wheel(s) for PC throughout patches.

here is the info: (not much but also should be studio's & testers job and responsibility to test out every wheel in the market on all platforms and then release with patches, that way chances are 80-90% everything works)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41582-Wheel-Grinding-Vibration-Bug-(Video-Incuded)&p=1178506&viewfull=1#post1178506

Pirategenius
24-11-2015, 17:02
Thanks lads

inthebagbud
24-11-2015, 18:21
I am also thinking something has changed since patch 6.

Prior to this had no wobble on wheel at all but can be evident on bumpy sections now and not just a small wobble you may expect over a bump and also some loss of feel on the FFB, which I have never had

Out of pure curiosity I had a go at the community event at Bathurst with the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3, but this car had virtually no FFB feel at all on the road

Just wonder if it is due to the tyre change in patch 6?

wyldanimal
24-11-2015, 21:02
Having searched for this problem and not found anything I've decided to ask for help.

Having wheel wobble at high speed and under braking. I'm using JS FFB settings on a T100. It was all fine before patch 6.0. Before you all say it's the grinding problem it's not grinding, the wheel violently oscillates left and right. Any ideas on how to stop this?

also keep in mind that the JS recommended settings ARE NOT SMS official settings.
while Many are using them, or use them as a base...
you're much better off, learning what all the settings are for, and making your own settings.

Start with just the Global Settings and leave all the Cars Default.
Get your Wheel to work without changing the car settings first.

I had tried to use the JS settings and found they weren't anything that I wanted.
the JS settings are Just one Guys Time, and Sharing, but Not Official in any way.

I applaud his efforts, he's spent countless hours in tweaking.. and then Shared them with the community.
but they are His idea of what FFB should be.

vahagn_hayk
24-11-2015, 21:43
also keep in mind that the JS recommended settings ARE NOT SMS official settings.
you're much better off, learning what all the settings are for, and making your own settings.

I had tried to use the JS settings and found they weren't anything that I wanted.
the JS settings are Just one Guys Time, and Sharing, but Not Official in any way.

I applaud his efforts, he's spent countless hours in tweaking.. and then Shared them with the community.

+1 so well said

GrimeyDog
24-11-2015, 23:49

Agree 100%

I always do a total delete of All game info when a patch is released... That seems to be the only way to get the FFB Back to my Normal Tweek feeling. Total reset= Console game save data, cloud game save data and do a fresh install

chickano
25-11-2015, 01:28
I've noticed what the OP said and am on a T300rs. I 'd just bloody got the feedback sorta decent and was happy with it. Couldnt be arse doin a reinstall of everything

Liquid7394
25-11-2015, 11:44
I had wheel wobble at high speed once, increasing Deadzone Removal Falloff got rid of it.

chickano
25-11-2015, 14:01
I had oscillation on straights in formula and LMP cars a long time ago and since nothing. now since 6.0 the wheel is way stronger and the wobble occurs under breaking, very violently.

morpwr
26-11-2015, 04:01
Try turning down mz to about 20 and tune to your liking. I just figured out jacks mz settings do not translate well to ps4 with t300 and maybe other wheels. Not that he did anything wrong just mz is way to heavy and covers up the other forces.I have found about 1/3 of what he uses seems to work pretty good and makes a huge difference in solving many issues but everything else needs to be set properly to take advantage of it.Basically tf and ffb 100 gain about 75 and your wheel settings.Seems default settings from sms weren't to far off after all.

Sweet19blue
27-11-2015, 20:13
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with the T100 and it drives me crazy really! I did not touch the game for a few month because I never managed to set the T100 up so I can drive straight like a normal car. I decided to give it one more chance when I saw the patch 6 was up. But what a disappointment. It is way worst than in previous version. I tried many settings and advices but with no luck. The wheel oscillates so much that it is impossible to drive straight. Sometimes the car is going left and right so violently that I lost control and crash.
I wonder why SMS decided to go for the PS4 with this game if they can not guarantee a plug and play experience on a console. At least they could keep us informed of what is going on... I think I will try morpwr's advices written above as a last chance and if that does not work I may have to sell the T100 and the stand I bought to enjoy Pcars...

inthebagbud
27-11-2015, 20:32
Patch 6 has definately changed something with ffb . I am xbox and since 6 settings I have had for months just don't work. I just cant get rid of the oscillation without turning tf or sg down to a level which completely destroys the enjoyment.

Devs need to look into this as it is ruining the game for me after many months researching ffb and achieving a very good feel

My opinion for what it's worth is that it is related to the tyre physics changes

vahagn_hayk
27-11-2015, 21:54
IMO, game really was made for PC, consoles do work and is wonderul, they "managed" to make it work, but reality, not meant for consoles. (same with assetto corsa, just bad bad idea to want to dev and publish on console in 2016) once you look at the game looks and controls on PC, and what you are able to add to sim racing on PC, consoles IMO become totally obsolete, for other games, to throw in and play yes, ok. console good to go. other than that, PC only way.

mister dog
27-11-2015, 23:11
Same here, feels like there's indeed more oscillation across the board. First I thought it was just the Lotus 49C as that was the most obvious example, but in the other cars i also experience it albeit a lot less.

Something changed with the FFB, can't put my finger on what, but would like to know what is causing this.

Nicho Lucas Dad
28-11-2015, 01:48
Same here since patch 6, everything changed for me aswell but this also happened a few patches back.

My new settings using G920 post patch 6,

Steering sensitivity 45
Speed sensitivity 5
Controller filtering 5
Steering deadzone 2
Force feedback strength 75

In FFb cal tire force 75

This was done after wheel reset and calibrated at 900 and with Astin Martin v12 with my first common settings i do on every car i use, lowered, air ducts and cambers. The rest of the car settings are stock. These settings for me so far are really good, its the most comfortable i have ever felt for my style of driving.

delahosh
28-11-2015, 11:10
Delete pCars and Safegames, after new Installation all your Problemes will be solved.

mister dog
28-11-2015, 11:17
Delete pCars and Safegames, after new Installation all your Problemes will be solved.
That's not the way i want to fix this, losing all my progress and settings to solve a FFB bug. There must be another way to get rid of it so hopefully someone finds it soon. I tried tweaking the Fy, Fz and Mz parameters yesterday but that didn't help, people say you have to lower steering gain in the general FFB section but I wasn't able to try that yet.

Bit frustrating having to spend your friday evening trying to get rid of this, instead of just playing the game.

svenvangent
28-11-2015, 11:52
" Delete pCars and Safegames, after new Installation all your Problems will be solved. "

Noooooops ........Not true that doesn't do the job .

inthebagbud
28-11-2015, 12:00

Sorry nope this doesn't solve it , tried this morning and no change, just having to redo FFB settings again to try and get rid off the oscillation or maybe wait till patch 7 and it could be totally different again:eek:

What makes it harder is since 6 keep getting constant game lock up exiting FFB master setup and when you find a setting you like, if you change it to test another one and go back to your original it is not the same feel as before just 5 minutes previous

Liquid7394
28-11-2015, 12:05
This rarely fixes any issues in the game.

vahagn_hayk
28-11-2015, 13:29

nope does not do the job, surely doesn't get rid of issues.

jack1984
29-11-2015, 14:46
This rarely fixes any issues in the game.

And even if it would fix the problems, it would be a shame for a game which is (at least theoretically) beyond an alpha and beta release.

mister dog
29-11-2015, 15:44
I tried lowering both steering gain and tyre force yesterday and either of these two helps, but does not remove the oscillation entirely.

delahosh
29-11-2015, 16:20
After Patch 5.0 I did a new Installation, since that time my FFB feels "real" with default Settings and without Oscillation:yes:

mister dog
01-12-2015, 22:14
After Patch 5.0 I did a new Installation, since that time my FFB feels "real" with default Settings and without Oscillation:yes:
This is an issue post 6.0. Someone else mentioned on the last page he re installed and this helped, but others have tried this and it's still the same.
Read a tip lowering deadzone removal range does the trick, but upon checking myself that was already set at 0.00 for my wheel.

So, please if anyone at SMS can read this, any clue or hint of what is causing our wheels to feel like there's stones grinding in the rim do let us know :yes: :indecisiveness:

inthebagbud
01-12-2015, 22:52
Yes the wheel oscillation and change to ffb since patch 6 is a real problem. Got plenty of people in our club complaining about it .

Hope sms are looking at it as it is really turning people away from the game and it is getting very hard to keep promoting the game

mister dog
01-12-2015, 23:33
Yes the wheel oscillation and change to ffb since patch 6 is a real problem. Got plenty of people in our club complaining about it .

Hope sms are looking at it as it is really turning people away from the game and it is getting very hard to keep promoting the game
Luckily it doesn't affect all cars though, the 49C is the worst example, but i just raced an SLS and a Pagani and there you hardly notice it. (Using Jack Spade's latest Bumps plus files here).

morpwr
02-12-2015, 01:46
Luckily it doesn't affect all cars though, the 49C is the worst example, but i just raced an SLS and a Pagani and there you hardly notice it. (Using Jack Spade's latest Bumps plus files here).

turn mz down to about 20 and tune from there. It was too high especially if using sop lat.You may have to lower that also. Nice thing is tf anffb can be set to 100 with zero issues and I'm running gain at 80 with t300. NO wobble at all. Some cars need to go as low as 8. If I remember correctly the ruf gt3 did. You may need to adjust arm angle also a little. I found it easiest to set it high if it wobbles back off 200 and try again. If you do this you properly you will be able to let go of the wheel at speed and it will go straight with no wobbling. Plus I think the ffb is the best its ever been.;) You should have mz set really close at almost no wobble before doing arm angle.

mister dog
15-12-2015, 10:48
Happy to report that the oscillation issue seems solved with 7.0. Just tried the 49C on Rouen and it feels a lot smoother now.

I suppose this did the trick:

• Classic Lotus cars: Disabled patch-to-hub on several tyre carcass models as it was creating a strong low-speed FFB buzz.

I'm on a Fanatec CSR here, can others confirm the same?

Montana.BE
10-09-2016, 19:41
Got the same here

Logitech G29

No clue what is the cause