PDA

View Full Version : Nice DLC but still a little buggy

thegt500
25-11-2015, 06:53
Another great selection of cars and tracks. However, I had an issue with Rouen short last night with both the Lotus 49 and BMW 2002.
I was doing some QRW races with a full grid of Lotuses when on the second lap (whilst leading), I found a huge landmine just after the first right hand kink. I only have visual damage on when offline (as is mechanical failures), so my lotus was visually destroyed, however as soon as the landmine detonated, my helmet cam view changed to an external replay one and I saw my car flip about 20 foot in the air, land upside down and get smashed into by the following pack ?
The BMW 2002 race was epic until lap 3 when I spun out on the left hander before the haipin right. I clouted the fence and was T boned by the following car which destroyed my front right suspension, tucking the wheel under the arch at 90 making it impossible to steer. This was with mechanical damage and failiures OFF so it shouldn't have been effected surely ?
I will try to upload screenshots when I figure out how to (not the most tech minded I'm afraid) to show these issues. Overall though, I'm enjoying the new tracks. The cars I can take or leave as I prefer slightly more modern tin top racing (think BTCC or GT cars).

ONESPACE
26-11-2015, 14:28
Another great selection of cars and tracks. However, I had an issue with Rouen short last night with both the Lotus 49 and BMW 2002.
I was doing some QRW races with a full grid of Lotuses when on the second lap (whilst leading), I found a huge landmine just after the first right hand kink. I only have visual damage on when offline (as is mechanical failures), so my lotus was visually destroyed, however as soon as the landmine detonated, my helmet cam view changed to an external replay one and I saw my car flip about 20 foot in the air, land upside down and get smashed into by the following pack ?
The BMW 2002 race was epic until lap 3 when I spun out on the left hander before the haipin right. I clouted the fence and was T boned by the following car which destroyed my front right suspension, tucking the wheel under the arch at 90 making it impossible to steer. This was with mechanical damage and failiures OFF so it shouldn't have been effected surely ?
I will try to upload screenshots when I figure out how to (not the most tech minded I'm afraid) to show these issues. Overall though, I'm enjoying the new tracks. The cars I can take or leave as I prefer slightly more modern tin top racing (think BTCC or GT cars).

I was running around the Silverstone classic and out of nowhere a landmine blew my left rear tire off the car. Was using a cosworth, not sure what one though, sorry. This game is something else. It's like you have to take the bad with the good. Very poor quality for what should be a quality game.

gotdirt410sprintcar
28-11-2015, 05:32
I was running around the Silverstone classic and out of nowhere a landmine blew my left rear tire off the car. Was using a cosworth, not sure what one though, sorry. This game is something else. It's like you have to take the bad with the good. Very poor quality for what should be a quality game. Yeah get what your saying but they are all ready pushing the limits on the consoles don't now if that has any thing to do with all the bugs or not still fun anyway. And I still lose FFB at times too hopefully they can get that fixed to

Scuderia Paul
28-11-2015, 07:23
The Lotus Expansion is huge fun but I have been having numerous game crashes while using the circuits.

At each of the brilliant circuits I have had to restart a QRW session as the AI is terrible at rolling starts. The issue however is that I have had it reload only to start the race in the precise location I was when I restarted yet the cars do not move, there is no sound, the wheels are blurred as if rotating and only the camera can be used. I have a video I will post later.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Rolling Starts are terribly random too. At Rouen the AI will accelerate hard while the lights countdown but jam on the brakes as they go green. Seeing as though our car is under AI control we cannot keep a distance but are then thrown into the back of the AI who are usually piling up in a collision anyway. Also, our car runs on the kerb while on the right as the lights change and is frequently kicked sideways as we accelerate.

When you get a smooth session PCars is phenomenal but the issues are too frequent.

Kevin_1987
28-11-2015, 08:36
Was just doing a QRW on Silverston classic and everything was fine, until I started the race; huge framerate drop and the car didn't react to any of the controls. Press pause and restart session; screen goes black and stays there... Had close the application via the home screen. Weird!

Rest of the game runs fine!

svenvangent
28-11-2015, 16:16
Had freeze at old Silverstone with the ford MK IV .
Lost replay at old Silverstone , normally you can save 15min on PS4 now I had only 4 seconds saved .
Had Brick moment at Rouen with the Lotus 49 cos cos CosWorth .

Something on a positive note is ...... the MK IV and the Lotus 49 are now great/fun to drive .

Edit : Just done a trip around old Hocky with the Formula B , steer start to turn left and than magically to the right this stops when you leave al garage .

Edit : reserved .........

Scuderia Paul
28-11-2015, 19:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIBL5Yv-rXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U26FE-r6-II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ghos8l5ANE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGi2qoABfH4

svenvangent
28-11-2015, 21:00
PS4 .......

track : Old Silverstone .
Car : Ford MK IV
Weather : clear
Time : 11.00 AM

Issue : crash to the main screen and steering wheel go's totally to the right while doing a AI race at old Silverstone with the MK IV and lotus 40 .

M-Bimmer
29-11-2015, 02:27
No issues here
Project CARS - Classic Lotus Expansion - Hands on (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy2Ifni19_I)

http://youtu.be/Uy2Ifni19_I

Pcars99
29-11-2015, 08:38
I was running around the Silverstone classic and out of nowhere a landmine blew my left rear tire off the car. Was using a cosworth, not sure what one though, sorry. This game is something else. It's like you have to take the bad with the good. Very poor quality for what should be a quality game.
I put this on another thread but using the Formula A cars the pitstops are broken.

thegt500
01-12-2015, 06:24
Another weird thing I've just noticed. If I'm on a DLC track, the fuel load seems to increase from what I set it to ! For example, in the BMW 2002 Turbo on Silverstone classic, I set fuel load to 15 litres for qualifying but when I exited the pits, it was 15.5 litres ?
As a test I turned off fuel usage, set fuel level to 1 and went straight to track for a two lap race and my fuel level was 1.5 litre at the start.