PDA

View Full Version : Cannot save button configurations after Patch 6 / November DLC

Plato99
25-11-2015, 16:35
As the title suggests, if I try to remap any of the controller buttons in Settings, the game goes in to an endless save cycle.
I started this process at 11pm last night, fell asleep waiting, and woke up at 4am to find the save icon still flashing in the bottom right corner.
This worries me as I'm concerned my saved data is being chewed up.

This is a new issue. Not sure if its the November DLC or the Patch 6 thats causing it. My gut feeling is the November DLC, as the game has generally turned into a slug since this purchase in other areas too.

Can anyone confirm the above who hasn't got the November DLC ?

p.s. Yes I have tried "switching it off and back on again". The Xbone is in Power save mode etc etc etc.

Flat_out
25-11-2015, 17:08
As the title suggests, if I try to remap any of the controller buttons in Settings, the game goes in to an endless save cycle.
I started this process at 11pm last night, fell asleep waiting, and woke up at 4am to find the save icon still flashing in the bottom right corner.
This worries me as I'm concerned my saved data is being chewed up.

This is a new issue. Not sure if its the November DLC or the Patch 6 thats causing it. My gut feeling is the November DLC, as the game has generally turned into a slug since this purchase in other areas too.

Can anyone confirm the above who hasn't got the November DLC ?

p.s. Yes I have tried "switching it off and back on again". The Xbone is in Power save mode etc etc etc.

The simulate session is also screwed.Tried it last night in quali and it got stuck on that turning timer screen.Had to switch it off after 10 minutes.
Sorry I can't confirm what you experiencing though!

Plato99
25-11-2015, 17:12
Just when the game had got good too. Incredible state of affairs. I've actually paid to ruin my favourite game. Go figure.

PTG Baby Cow
26-11-2015, 17:43
Hit the xbox button when that happens and it should get u back to menus

Plato99
26-11-2015, 18:07
Hit the xbox button when that happens and it should get u back to menus

Thank you. I tried that but nothing, the system is locked. Had to power down the system, which when a save icon is on screen does not sit well with me!

Ixoye56
27-11-2015, 11:10
It happen to me to after the latest patch, had to power down and restart the game, next time i remap my buttons I save by using the menu button instead with succes, I'm also worried that my save-file has become corrupted.

Daveesaunders
27-11-2015, 12:12
I am getting the same issue with the save cycle but mine occurs during career when I return to the news screen and I get a pop up about a new message. I have latest patch and all DLC installed.

Plato99
29-11-2015, 17:36
Ive uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything including all of the dlc and all my problems are fixed.
The new dlc now runs like a charm. Crikey Silverstone Classic. I can't put it down. Immersive beyond belief.

inthebagbud
29-11-2015, 18:03
Since patch 6 there has been a lot o's saving crashes , happens to me when changing controller settings. Can only assume it is related to the save fix that they introduced, which seems not to be working correctly. Reinstalling game and dlc did not work for me

G-Funk
01-12-2015, 00:34
As far as "they" are concerned, there's nothing to see here. Move along. "What game destroying save corruption issue?" "Sure doesn't happen on our dev units!"

Chunsey Wang
01-12-2015, 18:38
I'm having this problem as well,is there anything you can do when it tells you that it can't save button configs,because normally if I see this which I have twice in a week,it means I'm gonna lose my save file for career as it becomes corrupt,will it save if I try it again later?

Because basically if I see that message then close the game my career has gone

Ixoye56
02-12-2015, 01:53
I'm having this problem as well,is there anything you can do when it tells you that it can't save button configs,because normally if I see this which I have twice in a week,it means I'm gonna lose my save file for career as it becomes corrupt,will it save if I try it again later?

Because basically if I see that message then close the game my career has gone

Save button configs by press menu button and back out to opitons menu, work great for me.

Chunsey Wang
02-12-2015, 18:52
Save button configs by press menu button and back out to opitons menu, work great for me.

THANKS mate I'll try that if it happens again

OctoberDusk06
02-12-2015, 23:38
I have this issue almost every time, but you will find, like me I hope, that if you choose "no" in the dialogue box, it both lets you out of the button config screen and also (for some reason) saves your new settings. When you go back in, they should all be there from your last change, despite not confirming it with a "yes".