PDA

View Full Version : Insanely quick lap times in Driver Network Community Events - How is it possible?

Warren1571
26-11-2015, 01:45
Does anyone know how some of these lap times are achieved?

The current event BMW GT4 at Nordschliefe, the best time is a 7min 11 sec (or thereabouts) - I just don't get how that is possible without some sort of either amazing skill, or shortcuts/cheats perhaps.

I consider myself to be a reasonable driver and half decent sim racer, but the best time I can muster going pretty much flat out and on the limit is a 8min 10sec time in the BMW GT4 ...... I'm a minute off the pace, which seems crazy to me.

I have no idea where I can find that extra time to get anywhere near the leaders.

I had similar results with the Rocket Bunny at Watkins Glen last week, I was 10 secs off the best time, which on that circuit is a lot to try and make up.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? Are there some sort of super tune setups to get this extra speed?

My mate did the Bathurst Merc GT3 event a few days ago, he too was 10secs off the pace, and he's probably a better driver than I am ......

McSoulSuckerrr
26-11-2015, 05:25
TBH IDK but Theres a lot a factors that come into play wich car/what setup/wether your using a Wheel, or a controller, so maybe a min isent so far of on a 22km track like Nurburgring. 10 seks on Watkin's Glen sounds like a lot though. I find as a controller user, that on some cars I can get fairly close to the top times in a regular TT, and the way to do it is fine tuning your setup, but in other cars it seems like you dont stand a chance, and no matter the amount of tuning you cant get anywhere near the top-times, so I just leave it alone save myself the frustration

graveltrap
26-11-2015, 05:52
http://youtu.be/QM7ATizJl-Y

My Nordschleife lap in the M3 GT4, its only 7:19, but it will give any idea of where some time is being lost....Practice is the key I think ;)

The only setup trick, is to run low camber, usually the minimum the car will can have, this allows for better speed / acceleration, but I doubt it accounts for a minute.

Warren1571
26-11-2015, 09:20
Wow mate, impressive lap. Thanks for the tips. I've got some work to do I think. I'll have a play with the camber etc and see how that goes. I'm probably driving a bit too cautious as well after seeing your video. Good stuff :)

Gary29
27-11-2015, 07:20
After seeing this thread yesterday, I went and did a 7:36 on my 3rd lap last night, something like 170th on the leader board, great car and track combination.

So easy to make a mistake and drop a wheel onto the grass and have your lap invalidated though.

allstyles
27-11-2015, 09:50
i know the number 2 guy on that leaderboard, he is a alien,.. super fast, tuning setup i can not drive,... loves the nordschleife,.. he is genuine!!
There are some guys just too fast for us normal people ;)