PDA

View Full Version : Gears Won't Shift (Dualshock) - analog axis for shifting

Astrolia
28-11-2015, 13:04
I bought the game yesterday. I have a fair amount of experience with racing games and knew the settings I wanted. I changed to manual transmission and use the right analog stick for up and down. Automatic Clutch is set to "Yes". At first the car would not shift at all, I realized the analog was mapped to looking left and right and the game was sometimes reading that as an input. After fixing that I could occasionally get the car to shift. Finally and after a couple hours of restarting solo races I realized that the input has to be EXTREMELY GENTLE or it won't shift.

If range of analog stick "throw" up and down was on a scale of 1 to 10 with 0= No input and 10= Maximum input
0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

I can only barely touch the analog stick to "1". Anymore input toward max input the gear will NOT change. It is completely ridiculous that even when being gentle it will still not shift sometimes, I have to be so precise. It's basically unplayable when I miss a gear over and over on a straight away sometimes. All my concentration is on that and not on the driving. Can I adjust the analog sensitivity? Is there a setting I can adjust? Am I missing something entirely?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Pink_650S
28-11-2015, 14:18
Hey there!

How old is your Controller and how often do you use it?
It might have to do with the faulty product, as l suffered the same problem, but wth the left stick.

Astrolia
28-11-2015, 15:14
Brand new, 2 weeks old. Same issue with a different one as well.

Pink_650S
28-11-2015, 15:52
Have you tried mapping it on the left stick to see if its the same there?

Astrolia
28-11-2015, 19:11
I switched, it was much better. Switched back and it's better. The shifts still miss, which is really amazing. I will hit it over and over 3 or 4 times and it will still hit neutral and go right back to the gear I am in without changing. At least it's playable now....but awfully annoying.