PDA

View Full Version : Just when you think its getting there!!!!!

wOoDsTeR16
28-11-2015, 15:38
This frigging game gets on my last nerve!. I goto change a wheel setting and the bleeding game takes forever to save (This has been happening since the last patch!) but instead of saving the game locks up. So re-boot the game and all my save data is gone, is there anything that can be done to get it back?. When will you guys get just the simple things right

Dan77 DESTROYER
28-11-2015, 15:41
I've been getting that and also getting kicked back to dashboard frequently when trying to get into a lobby online

wOoDsTeR16
28-11-2015, 15:44
Its beyond a bleeding joke man, even milestone can get the game save side of things right and thats saying something

inthebagbud
28-11-2015, 15:52
This frigging game gets on my last nerve!. I goto change a wheel setting and the bleeding game takes forever to save (This has been happening since the last patch!) but instead of saving the game locks up. So re-boot the game and all my save data is gone, is there anything that can be done to get it back?. When will you guys get just the simple things right

Before 6 I never had any crashes to dash or game hanging but now it's a constant feature. I have had to do a lot of work on ffb since 6 and game crashes occur after every 6 or so times I go into wheel settings

The crash to dashboard occurs less frequent and appears to happen when moving between the front screen menus or exiting an event like race or TT , don't seem to get them when actually racing though.

We are not going in right directify here guys and my league racing is basically dead because of all the issues as they have all jumped ship :(

wOoDsTeR16
28-11-2015, 16:36
The amount of car set ups I've lost is unreal, P**sed off don't even cut it!

wOoDsTeR16
28-11-2015, 17:41
It seems this is happening to a few people and all because there trying to change some game/wheel settings

rtazz17
28-11-2015, 17:54
Wait I just read on a thread below this that sms has gotten the game almost perfect and thanking sms for all their hard work............

So which is it?A polished game or a broken game where the simple things dont work?
Anytime I say anything negative About the game I get flamed by members who say MY game works perfectly and why dont you unistall everything for the 10th time and restart your router and change the nat settings and whatever...The game is broke and its not going to change.Sms went over their head with this beta release in may and shouldve never released it.Yet they will still take your money for dlc even though some dlc I have was taken out of the game with no refund,but hey maybe im wrong here....

nissan4ever
29-11-2015, 06:39

I haven't had that with Project CARS Patch 6.0. However, since the new Xbox Experience Dashboard update. I had it happen while streaming Netflix. I was watching whatever. The console crashed to the dashboard. When I went back to Netflix. I had to re-enter all my info to log into Netflix (Netflix info). I guess my info save got deleted some how. Only has happened once. Never had that happen before.

G-Funk
29-11-2015, 06:45

Be careful about complaining about the game saves. A studio head will ban you for not having their perspective on how we should deal with mass game save corruption.

I feel your pain bro, I got my TX just collecting dust because of this game save/corruption issue that doesn't exist.

CAN SOMEONE FROM SMS PLEASE GIVE US SOME PERSPECTIVE!?!?

wOoDsTeR16
29-11-2015, 07:55
I haven't had that with Project CARS Patch 6.0. However, since the new Xbox Experience Dashboard update. I had it happen while streaming Netflix. I was watching whatever. The console crashed to the dashboard. When I went back to Netflix. I had to re-enter all my info to log into Netflix (Netflix info). I guess my info save got deleted some how. Only has happened once. Never had that happen before.

Netflix info?, what does that have to do with my game save?.

Be careful about complaining about the game saves. A studio head will ban you for not having their perspective on how we should deal with mass game save corruption.

Mate, we have the right to be pi**ed off and if we get banned for being annoyed then they lead a very sad life and if banning me gets them off then at least I've made someones day!. I have stood by this game from the start, its the only game I play!. I have got all DLC to date and I have to say that until this the game was running sweet for me. But since 6.0, anytime you change any game/wheel settings it takes forever to save and even that didn't bother me, but when you lose all your car set ups if SMS thinks I'm gonna come on here and thank them for it, in a polite way I will say they can whistle!!!!. (And don't be telling me I should of wrote them down, I shouldn't have to once I have saved them!)

These are simple problems that nearly 7 months down the line and 6 patches later we should NOT be having to deal with

nissan4ever
29-11-2015, 08:02
I'm saying my console crashed watching Netflix. Then I had to re-enter my login info to resume Netflix. It may have something to do with the new dashboard OS. Might not be directly related to the game losing the game save in this case. My console mysteriously lost my saved Netflix login info. Which should only be entered once & never again.

G-Funk
29-11-2015, 08:07
Netflix info?, what does that have to do with my game save?.

Mate, we have the right to be pi**ed off and if we get banned for being annoyed then they lead a very sad life and if banning me gets them off then at least I've made someones day!. I have stood by this game from the start, its the only game I play!. I have got all DLC to date and I have to say that until this the game was running sweet for me. But since 6.0, anytime you change any game/wheel settings it takes forever to save and even that didn't bother me, but when you lose all your car set ups if SMS thinks I'm gonna come on here and thank them for it, in a polite way I will say they can whistle!!!!. (And don't be telling me I should of wrote them down, I shouldn't have to once I have saved them!)

These are simple problems that nearly 7 months down the line and 6 patches later we should NOT be having to deal with

I have seen IAN personally ban someone for complaining about the game save issue. I don't think they care about us bro.

If you ask too much about the game save issue, they WILL BAN YOU!!!

They don't want this getting out or something. You don't dare see a Dev come on here to address it other than to ban you.

I hope you can heed my warning, or a mod/dev WILL BAN YOU for pointing out the games GAMEBREAKING SAVE FILE CORRUPTION faults that they have no intention of fixing, and don't want potential customers to find out about it.

They may ban me for trying to warn you bro.

wOoDsTeR16
29-11-2015, 08:07
Dude, its never the games fault where your concerned!

nissan4ever
29-11-2015, 08:10
Dude, its never the games fault where your concerned!

Not necessarily. I pointed out my console doing something similar, in a different function. I can't help it that my game doesn't do the horrible things that the game/console does to some people.

nissan4ever
29-11-2015, 08:18
I mean, some folks have terrible sound problems with patch 6.0 & the new dashboard OS. While I truly do not. My tune saves work, while many don't. I can't explain it & don't know why.

wOoDsTeR16
29-11-2015, 08:21
I mean, some folks have terrible sound problems with patch 6.0 & the new dashboard OS. While I truly do not. My tune saves work, while many don't. I can't explain it & don't know why.

I had one crash back to the dash because of the sound glitch the day after the new dash but since then I have not even heard it. I have never had a problem with saving my set ups until yesterday, as I have already said, until this the game has been running sweet for me.

AtomicSphincter
29-11-2015, 10:27
I have seen IAN personally ban someone for complaining about the game save issue. I don't think they care about us bro.

If you ask too much about the game save issue, they WILL BAN YOU!!!

They don't want this getting out or something. You don't dare see a Dev come on here to address it other than to ban you.

I hope you can heed my warning, or a mod/dev WILL BAN YOU for pointing out the games GAMEBREAKING SAVE FILE CORRUPTION faults that they have no intention of fixing, and don't want potential customers to find out about it.

They may ban me for trying to warn you bro.

Damage control, that's why people get banned for posting about SMS screw-ups, they don't want a potential customer to find out that this title is utter shambles.
I got a warning for posting "an existing issue", well fix it and I won't post about it! Ian doesn't seem to care about retaining any customers, he has his following of about 30 people that kiss his behind and praise him every time he makes a pointless post, so no need to improve on a "working title" <- his words, plus he'll call you an idiot if you disagree with him. (True story, it's documented on YouTube, I guess they can't ban those posts). Anywho, they'll probably ban me for making an honest post, just remember, take your reviews to Amazon and YouTube and be honest about how they do business and treat their paying customers. Good luck with everything!

wOoDsTeR16
29-11-2015, 11:23
I'm not out to start a war, and If I get banned for doing what I have been doing now for the last 6 months + (Reporting a problem) then thats pathetic!. Last night I was really annoyed, an hr before a league race and that happened, I'm still not happy about it because today I have had to spend most of it tuning the cars back to as close as I had them. Game save data is a big part of any game and there is an issue with it that needs addressing. Without looking through the forum to see who its effected on here I know of 4 of my friends that has had this happen to them since 6.0.

We, the users are a massive part of what Project cars is today, its pretty much how it should of been when released and no matter how you sugar coat things we're it not for players reporting the problems it would still be a mess. Ban us?, they should thank the people like myself who after all this games problems are still here supporting the game.

G-Funk
29-11-2015, 13:58
Damage control, that's why people get banned for posting about SMS screw-ups, they don't want a potential customer to find out that this title is utter shambles.
I got a warning for posting "an existing issue", well fix it and I won't post about it! Ian doesn't seem to care about retaining any customers, he has his following of about 30 people that kiss his behind and praise him every time he makes a pointless post, so no need to improve on a "working title" <- his words, plus he'll call you an idiot if you disagree with him. (True story, it's documented on YouTube, I guess they can't ban those posts). Anywho, they'll probably ban me for making an honest post, just remember, take your reviews to Amazon and YouTube and be honest about how they do business and treat their paying customers. Good luck with everything!

I've been lurking for way too long. I've seen bans handed out with glee because a customer had a legitimate question about a problem that SMS felt they did not need to answer. (In my humble opinion, that can't be good for business.)

I have a thread with a question about game saves, and unfortunately, I'll probably get banned and have my question washed over by locking the thread and be called an idiot customer.

It makes me sad on the inside knowing the masters of my favorite game treat us like this. (I purchased a TX just for this game!)

I really don't want to get banned, but it seems that you either ignor the fact that legitimate questions to problems with the game are blatantly ignored, or you get banned for pushing for a response. And that response is usually a BAN!

I'm even more depressed now that I think about it. :'-(

BCFCBristolRed
29-11-2015, 14:41
I think the majority of the bans have been handed out for insults to SMS/ other players or generally not following forum rules. I'm in no way supporting the mods (nor do I have an issue with them banning provocative users), but from what I have seen in the most part here, users are generally banned for these reasons.

Since patch 6, my game has been incredibly unstable. I had a blast racing on classic Hockenheim one night then, the next time I load the game up (power save, always clear persistent storage), the game is next to unplayable due to the sound being terrible.

I have also had the corrupt save bug which is completely demoralising, especially when you're so close to "finishing" the career mode and lose loads of set ups.

I share the feelings you guys have, I bloody love this game and I think for the most part, SMS have been good. It's just so frustrating that it can be so unstable.

AtomicSphincter
01-12-2015, 18:35
I think the majority of the bans have been handed out for insults to SMS/ other players or generally not following forum rules.

What about the guy who reported the bug where he drove his car out of the pits by himself, sms accused him of hacking the game and banned the poor guy. (lol wut?) Then they realized it was on their end, did they say sorry and unban the guy, no. So sad. Every time some mentions a bug sms says it's users fault cause they haven't hard reset their xbox in the last 20 minutes, or router, or my favorite "clear blue-ray memory" or some bs. Right sms, cause that's what I have to do to play any other xbox title, what a freaking joke. Last night we were having league practice race, one person quit the lobby (not host), and the rest of us got all dumped to the xbox dash. Really? Oh and we had to use xbox chat, cause the game chat STILL doesn't work.

John Hargreaves
01-12-2015, 21:49
Honestly mate, just spend a bit more time in this forum and you'll realise nobody gets banned for reporting bugs, I've only seen people banned for their behaviour towards others. I understand that definitions of reasonable behaviour can differ, but how did SMS find enough info to knock out seven patches if they ban everyone who reports bugs?
If you alter your point of view slightly and think, 'ok, it's not perfect, but I'm into something that is growing all the time and what I say can make a difference', it starts to look different.
Just imagine if you had played a genuine part in Gran Turismo or Forza becoming the legends that they are today. Despite the flaws, SMS have dragged the whole genre forward ten years. If it's really that bad, you can go elsewhere, or if you believe in it, stick around and join us.

wOoDsTeR16
01-12-2015, 22:04
Honestly mate, just spend a bit more time in this forum and you'll realise nobody gets banned for reporting bugs

What atomic is saying is true, the bloke that got banned is a good friend of mine and he is never offensive to anyone!. All he did is like what we all do, reported a problem.

John Hargreaves
01-12-2015, 22:10
Fair enough, I'm sorry to hear that, I didn't know.

rtazz17
02-12-2015, 03:27
P
What about the guy who reported the bug where he drove his car out of the pits by himself, sms accused him of hacking the game and banned the poor guy. (lol wut?) Then they realized it was on their end, did they say sorry and unban the guy, no. So sad. Every time some mentions a bug sms says it's users fault cause they haven't hard reset their xbox in the last 20 minutes, or router, or my favorite "clear blue-ray memory" or some bs. Right sms, cause that's what I have to do to play any other xbox title, what a freaking joke. Last night we were having league practice race, one person quit the lobby (not host), and the rest of us got all dumped to the xbox dash. Really? Oh and we had to use xbox chat, cause the game chat STILL doesn't work.yup,agreed

BCFCBristolRed
02-12-2015, 06:43
What about the guy who reported the bug where he drove his car out of the pits by himself, sms accused him of hacking the game and banned the poor guy. (lol wut?) Then they realized it was on their end, did they say sorry and unban the guy, no. So sad. Every time some mentions a bug sms says it's users fault cause they haven't hard reset their xbox in the last 20 minutes, or router, or my favorite "clear blue-ray memory" or some bs. Right sms, cause that's what I have to do to play any other xbox title, what a freaking joke. Last night we were having league practice race, one person quit the lobby (not host), and the rest of us got all dumped to the xbox dash. Really? Oh and we had to use xbox chat, cause the game chat STILL doesn't work.

I actually had this myself (and reported it here), I didn't receive any warnings for it.

http://youtu.be/-TIwQtENVKw

AtomicSphincter
02-12-2015, 08:52
What atomic is saying is true, the bloke that got banned is a good friend of mine and he is never offensive to anyone!. All he did is like what we all do, reported a problem.
Thanks for backing me up! Mods telling me it's all my imagination that innocent get banned. "It was all a dream, Atomic, it was all a dream.. on a count of three you'll be now waking up, one.. two...." .

Ian Bell
02-12-2015, 09:07

We absolutely don't ban people unless they've breeched forum rules by being insulting (very, or repeatedly).

If you read the forum you'll see hundreds/thousands of posts where people are reporting issues, complaining, or asking for changes or new features. They aren't banned.

wOoDsTeR16
02-12-2015, 10:47
We absolutely don't ban people unless they've breeched forum rules by being insulting (very, or repeatedly).

If you read the forum you'll see hundreds/thousands of posts where people are reporting issues, complaining, or asking for changes or new features. They aren't banned.

I watched the thread, he was accused of hacking the game and the only negative comment he made was he couldn't hack his way out of a paper bag!. He didn't insult anyone Ian.

justonce68
02-12-2015, 11:33
I'm not interested in who or why anyone gets banned, I am interested in how the game is running though, and I can confirm that since patch 6, the hanging saves and crashes to dashboard have been terrible.
I love the game and have defended it to the hilt but after my time spent trying to get it to run properly last night, I too am beginning to lose patience with it.
I know everyone is working hard to make this game the best it can be and it is appreciated, but my god I came that close to a hissy fit last night.

Raven403
02-12-2015, 11:48
Its really hard to stay motivated to play Pcars lately. Especially on Xbox. The constant work arounds and bugs and sound issues and AI incompetence its hard to just HAVE FUN. Even playing on PC which is a MUCH MUCH better experience, I tried doing a timed race, and got taken out by the AI, so just when I was starting to enjoy it, the game finds a way to kick you in the gut. I think the AI are my biggest gripe right now, because if they were even remotely fun to race against it would be much different, but not so, and Solo quick race was basically the only mode I play besides League races, so now its just league races. I still have 0 hours in career since I lost my progress and wont even bother with it, and its getting tiresome waiting Month after Month for patches just to be able to MAYBE finally just enjoy the game.

But I guess the joke is on me, cuz im still playing it even though its just for my league, but for a game that boasted being 'In-Touch' with the community it feels a bit wasted to be loyal to it for only a free car a month given the amount of issues you have to deal with. I feel like I should be excited about all the things "In the pipeline" like animated pits (that were in the damn trailer btw, still nowhere to be found 7 mos in) and Custom Championships (who knows when 17'?) And Ovals (?) and Indycar (???) but im just jaded on WAITING.

Ixoye56
02-12-2015, 12:55
I actually had this myself (and reported it here), I didn't receive any warnings for it.

http://youtu.be/-TIwQtENVKw

I experience that to, in Forza 5 :)

rtazz17
02-12-2015, 13:09
Kind of funny reading these posts as true as they are...A couple months ago I posted about problems with this game and got flamed immediately for it..I felt like I wasnt drinking the kool aid or something..I was told,move on then,stop posting here...(Sorry when I bought this game last may I bought the right to voice my opinion)..But it seems lately some of the bigger supporters of this game are finally coming to their senses..People that posted 100 percent in favor of this game are now seeing clearly now.Yes a couple on this thread in fact.I jut got through once again with uninstalling EVERYTHING and reinstalling only to have exactly the same problems as usual.Sound bug that seemingly never stops.Graphic twitching the whole game.How can that be enjoyable.Yes if the game worked it would be the best ever on a gaming console but thats far from the fact.Sms will keep patching,bugs will never go away and project cars 2 will cone out and those that are still drinking the kool aide will buy it.I wont be one of them.

Umer Ahmad
02-12-2015, 13:14
Closing rant thread. I dont see any bug report or feature request here. Nothing actionable for SMS. Have a nice day!

Ian Bell
02-12-2015, 22:42
I watched the thread, he was accused of hacking the game and the only negative comment he made was he couldn't hack his way out of a paper bag!. He didn't insult anyone Ian.

You have one up on me, I didn't see it. IF that's the case it's a mistake and should be rectified.