PDA

View Full Version : One setup for one track?

How Ironiic
30-11-2015, 12:31
hi im gonna get project cars soon but i have one question?

Can i save multiple setups for multiple tracks?
for example,

BMW Z4 GT3

Setup1: Silverstone setup ----> Silverstone track
Setup2: Brans Hatch setup ----> Brans Hatch track
Setup3: Monza setup ----> Monza track

and so on...

or is it that you can only have one setup for all tracks
For example

Aston Martin Vantage GT3
Setup1: Base Setup ----> All tracks

or can you have multiple setups for multiple tracks including their conditions
For example

Audi R8 LMS GT3

Setup1: Silverstone race setup ----> Silverstone track(heavy rain)
Setup2: Silverstone race setup ----> Silverstone track(dry)
Setup3: Silverstone qualifing setup ----> Silverstone track(heavy rain)
Setup4: Silverstone qualifing setup ----> Silverstone track(dry)
Setup5: Monza warm up setup -----> Monza track(tires wearing, fuel usage, light rain)
Setup6: Monza race setup -----> Monza track(dry)

etc

These are the questions that bug me

BoereJack
30-11-2015, 12:40
you get one setup per track

How Ironiic
30-11-2015, 12:53
so basically the first example i just noted ?

bradleyland
30-11-2015, 13:03
so basically the first example i just noted ?

Yes, more or less. There are a couple of common ways to edit your setups: through your garage, or while in the pits on a specific track. But in general, setups are associated with individual circuit configurations.

Editing in The Pits
The game provides a "Free Practice" mode, where you can drive the car on a track alone with lap timing, but no ranks and no impact to your driver profile (win/loss, etc). Think of it like a test & tune session, but completely unlimited in time. During a free practice session, you can use the pause menu to "Return to Pits". Once you do this, you can edit your setup and make any changes you like. These changes are automatically saved to the circuit you are practicing on only. Keep in mind that each circuit has multiple configurations (Silverstone GP, Silverstone National, Silverstone Classic, etc), and the setup changes you make are specific to the circuit configuration.

I'm pretty sure you can edit your setup during a race as well, but I've never done it. The game tends toward realism, so if you "Retire to Pits", your race standing ends wherever you retired from the race. That usually means last place with a DNF.

Editing Through "My Garage"
From the game menu, you can go to "My Garage". From here, you can select a car, change livery, and configure your setups. When you're editing a setup, you have the option to load a setup, or edit the current setup (which I think is from your last session). When you load a setup, you can select the circuit from which to load. When you save a setup, you can save the setup to all locations, or you can select individual circuits by swapping between screens with L1/R1.

Neil Bateman
30-11-2015, 13:19
Also bear in mind the set up you created in free practice will be written over if you edit set up in "MyGarage" and save to all circuits.

Wouldn't be so bad if there was a load set up option in a race weekend, there are quite a few tracks i dont use and could use those locations to save various set ups, make a note of which set i saved to which location and then load the set up i wanted.

To be honest anything would be better than what we have now.

bradleyland
30-11-2015, 14:59
Also bear in mind the set up you created in free practice will be written over if you edit set up in "MyGarage" and save to all circuits.

I'm not sure if it's been in the game since the beginning, but you do get a warning if hit the "All" option and there are custom setups for other tracks. What's kind of silly about this is that there's almost always a custom setup for one of the tracks, unless you're driving a car for the first time. I'd really love the option to save named setups that aren't associated with a track. For example, I tend to use the same setup on the Nordschleife as I do on California Highway, because both have some really rough sections. I could get by with setups like "Race soft", "Race medium", and "Race firm" on most cars GT3 and below.

Wouldn't be so bad if there was a load set up option in a race weekend, there are quite a few tracks i dont use and could use those locations to save various set ups, make a note of which set i saved to which location and then load the set up i wanted.

I've often wished for the same thing. It's frustrating to load in to a career race on an unfamiliar track and have to start from scratch. I usually check the track and use My Garage to load a setup and save over the default for that track, but it's a lot of shuffling around in the menus that could be avoided by having a "Load Setup" option from the pits.

How Ironiic
30-11-2015, 16:09
hmmmm this is starting to get confusing again

okay can i do this. each GT car will be tuned for 3-4 locations. some locations i know have different variations e.g Silverstone.

Audi R8 LMS GT3

Setup1: Silverstone GP (dry) saved on Silverstone GP
Setup2: Silverstone GP (wet) saved on some other location that i am not using this car for.
Setup3: Silverstone National (dry) saved on Silverstone National
Setup4: Silverstone National (wet) saved on some other location that i am not using this car for.
Setup5: Silverstone Classic (dry) saved on Silverstone Classic
Setup6: Silverstone Classic (wet) saved on some other location that i am not using this car for.
etc

Location 2: Willow Springs
Setup7: International raceway (dry) saved on International
Setup8: International raceway (wet) saved on some other track i dont use
Setup9: Horse thief mile (dry) saved on horse thief mile
setup10: Horse thief mile (wet) saved on some other track i dont use

Location 3 Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca
Setup11: GP (dry) saved on GP
Setup12: GP (wet) saved on some other track i wont use for this car

and vise versa for other GT cars. So that when i play online, and it is one of these locations i can load up the setup and use it in the race. would i have to make alll these setups in the garage?

How Ironiic
30-11-2015, 16:13
if i were to have saved set up 4 on Brans hatch but i am about to race on the silver stone circuit, can i still retrieve, and apply it without any issues

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
30-11-2015, 18:45
You'll have to load and save, overwriting your dry setup.

How Ironiic
30-11-2015, 20:15
hmmmmm may i ask do i really need a wet setup. cant i just make a really good dry setup then when its wet just go to the pits and change to wet tires?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
30-11-2015, 20:28
hmmmmm may i ask do i really need a wet setup. cant i just make a really good dry setup then when its wet just go to the pits and change to wet tires?

Yeah, that's standard. If you know it's going to storm the whole race in advance, a rain setup with more downforce and less oversteer is probably a good idea though.

bradleyland
30-11-2015, 21:14
You'll have to load and save, overwriting your dry setup.

^^ This.

It's a royal pain the butt to try and use dry/wet setups because you can't "load" a setup from in the practice/race/qualifying screen; you have to do it from "My Garage". I usually just go in and tweak my downforce and tire settings as Digby noted. I leave everything else as-is.

If you haven't seen this site yet, you'll definitely want to bookmark it. I use it to keep track of my setups (private and public). You can even change the between "summary" and "standard" so it's easy to quickly compare the setup in-game to the one you're looking at on ProjectCARSSetups.eu.

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

How Ironiic
01-12-2015, 06:17
Yeah, that's standard. If you know it's going to storm the whole race in advance, a rain setup with more downforce and less oversteer is probably a good idea though.

Thank you, really wanted to know this

How Ironiic
01-12-2015, 06:25
^^ This.

It's a royal pain the butt to try and use dry/wet setups because you can't "load" a setup from in the practice/race/qualifying screen; you have to do it from "My Garage". I usually just go in and tweak my downforce and tire settings as Digby noted. I leave everything else as-is.

If you haven't seen this site yet, you'll definitely want to bookmark it. I use it to keep track of my setups (private and public). You can even change the between "summary" and "standard" so it's easy to quickly compare the setup in-game to the one you're looking at on ProjectCARSSetups.eu.

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

I have seen it. Been on it alot actually. When I played the demo at comicon I knew the setup was terrible so I'm gonna use some guys Base tune to start with. Then I will tweak it to specific tracks and save.

One last question, is it possible to setup you own default Setup for all tracks (let's call it Setup X). When I go to a track and test the car I do a few tweaks to the tune to make it specific to that track (let's call this Setup Y).

So now if I were to race online, If Silverstone GP was my track could I pick Setup Y? And if there was a track I haven't tuned to car on will it automatically pick Setup X?

Or is it the case the no matter what I do it will only pick Setup X?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
01-12-2015, 06:40
I have seen it. Been on it alot actually. When I played the demo at comicon I knew the setup was terrible so I'm gonna use some guys Base tune to start with. Then I will tweak it to specific tracks and save.

One last question, is it possible to setup you own default Setup for all tracks (let's call it Setup X). When I go to a track and test the car I do a few tweaks to the tune to make it specific to that track (let's call this Setup Y).

So now if I were to race online, If Silverstone GP was my track could I pick Setup Y? And if there was a track I haven't tuned to car on will it automatically pick Setup X?

Or is it the case the no matter what I do it will only pick Setup X?

You can save to all tracks at once, and you can save to just one track. Whatever the last save to a track was is the setup you'll have if you drive there.