PDA

View Full Version : first car painting

cracktr12
01-12-2015, 12:20
Hi everyone

Please, can you share some tips with me (if you have)

I asked my father-in-law to borrow his air compressor. I wanted to repaint the bumper. When I took it home I understood that the motor will work on a 3phase. I do not realize even how to apply it for my single phase garage. I assume that the VFD may help to do it, but I wonder how. Iím afraid to burn his compressor with the motor. Can you help with some basics?
Thanks

ElectricBlues85
01-12-2015, 13:10
Hi cracktr - I've no doubt there are some people in this forum that are able to assist with real world car painting but I need to ask: are you aware that this forum is for the computer game 'Project CARS' ?

It sounds like you've got a real world car painting question, you might be better off fielding your question over at somewhere like pistonheads.com

cracktr12
02-12-2015, 10:11
Sorry… Yes, my question is about real world painting.... Thanks ElectricBlues85, I will try to find answer somewhere else. But if anybody of you is familiar with this type of motor https://www.mrosupply.com/motors/ac-motors/general-purpose-motors/26523_vm3546_baldor/ or knows how to convert the phase, please give the tips.