PDA

View Full Version : Broken clutch - Formula A

ElMister
03-12-2015, 13:07
Decided to head out with the Formula A car today to test some stuff. Didn't take me long before I figured out that the clutch is broken on it.
Here's a video to demonstrate it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_CqsrVZGo

In the beginning of the video I show my settings - Auto Start Engine: No | Automatic Clutch: No
After that I show how these settings should operate correctly with the Formula B as a demonstration vehicle.
Then I show how it operates on the Formula A car.

Clearly the clutch is still on automatic on the Formula A even if it's set on off. Please fix this issue ASAP.

ElMister
06-12-2015, 13:37
Bump

Anyone notifying the devs or some bug section about this issue?

Gamer82678
06-12-2015, 14:30
I could be wrong as having 100 left feet but, I believe it is because modern F1 cars have auto clutches. :rolleyes:
Check out Wikipedia article on F1 cars it's pretty good.
Not to get off topic but, I thought something was wrong with my F1 2011 - 2013 games on PS3 when I couldn't shift into 8th gear after playing F1 2015 on PS4.
It was because 8 speed transmissions were not in use in F1 cars till 2014.
Silly me ! :cool:
Just been trying to learn about this racing car stuff since Febuary this year. :rolleyes:

ElMister
06-12-2015, 22:30
They do not have an autoclutch. The clutch is located on the wheel in an F1 car. It used to work correctly with the clutch before the latest patch, but they've cocked it up somehow.

Gamer82678
07-12-2015, 03:24
OK. Thanks for that info. The only F1 car that I have any type of experience driving since I've had the game is the Vintage Lotus 98T Turbo. :cool:

ElMister
14-12-2015, 14:51
Just tested this on patch 7.0, still broken. Please fix this or at least acknowledge this primitive issue.

Bealdor
14-12-2015, 15:02
Notified devs.

Could this be some kind of anti stall feature?

ElMister
14-12-2015, 15:12
I don't think so, I have only come across this issue on the FA. FB, FC, LMP, GT3, etc - all work properly with auto start engine and automatic clutch set to off.

Thanks for notifying this issue. I suppose this is a very easy fixable one.

Roger Prynne
14-12-2015, 15:12
Is this problem just off the grid, as I think this is the only time that F1 cars use the clutch.

EDIT: This is how the actual clutch/s work on an F1 car.....

http://youtu.be/5Rsz4yW53aM

ElMister
14-12-2015, 15:24
Is this problem just off the grid, as I think this is the only time that F1 cars use the clutch.

Nope, this is a constant issue. The clutch is used during the gear shifts, which will make you lose a tiny bit of time for every gear shift. The clutch shouldn't be automatically engaged when you operate with a fully manual system like I demonstrated. In the video that's posted in the OP you'll also notice how the car slowly creeps forward when it's standing still with manual clutch on. It's never been like this in the earlier patches.

JudgeNutmeg
14-12-2015, 18:11
Nope, this is a constant issue. The clutch is used during the gear shifts, which will make you lose a tiny bit of time for every gear shift. The clutch shouldn't be automatically engaged when you operate with a fully manual system like I demonstrated. In the video that's posted in the OP you'll also notice how the car slowly creeps forward when it's standing still with manual clutch on. It's never been like this in the earlier patches.

Are you sure this is correct as having looked around for info, it seems as Roger says that F1 cars only use the clutch from the start?

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/inside-f1/understanding-f1-racing/power-unit---gearbox.html

"Formula One cars use highly sophisticated semi-automatic, seamless shift gearboxes. Aside from when pulling away, the driver is not required to manually operate the clutch, nor is he required to lift off the accelerator when changing up through the gears. Instead, when another gear is selected the shift is completed ‘seamlessly’ (via a clever a system which uses two shift barrels), meaning the driver suffers from no loss of drive. As such, gear changes are not only significantly faster than they were with the traditional gear lever and clutch pedal approach (taking a matter of milliseconds), but the driver can also keep both hands on the steering wheel at all times."

ElMister
14-12-2015, 19:15
Are you sure this is correct as having looked around for info, it seems as Roger says that F1 cars only use the clutch from the start?

At the start the clutch is mandatory, yes. There is however LC and whatnot on modern F1 cars which is not implemented in the game so there's no need to going into detail. What the issue is very clear in OP - the clutch is "stuck" on automatic. It didn't operate like that before patch 6.0 and I didn't read any clutch changes to the FA car in the patch 6.0 notes. It's clearly a bug.

ElMister
07-02-2016, 09:25
Bump

Tested this yesterday, still not fixed.

ElMister
16-02-2016, 12:56
Tested this with the 9.0 patch. Still not fixed.

Sankyo
16-02-2016, 15:04
There's nothing that needs fixed, as this is called 'anti-stall' and has been a feature of F1 cars for a long time already.

ElMister
16-02-2016, 16:12
There's nothing that needs fixed, as this is called 'anti-stall' and has been a feature of F1 cars for a long time already.

Hm, alright. It would've been nice if this was clarified in the patch 6.0 notes since I noticed that this anti-stall feature was added with it. Could there perhaps be an option to not have the anti-stall feature? I want to be able to use my own clutch, and not have it used during the gear shifts since I think it dumbs down the skill needed to operate the vehicle.

On what other cars have you added this anti-stall feature?

Sankyo
16-02-2016, 16:16
Hm, alright. It would've been nice if this was clarified in the patch 6.0 notes since I noticed that this anti-stall feature was added with it. Could there perhaps be an option to not have the anti-stall feature? I want to be able to use my own clutch, and not have it used during the gear shifts since I think it dumbs down the skill needed to operate the vehicle.

On what other cars have you added this anti-stall feature?
I don't think any other cars have this. In real-life, however, I've been told that in other race classes it has also become common.

ElMister
16-02-2016, 16:36
I don't think any other cars have this. In real-life, however, I've been told that in other race classes it has also become common.

I can tell you that the Zonda R has this feature as well. I still haven't tested if any other cars has this feature, but it shouldn't take that long to do so.
If this now is an anti-stall feature, shouldn't it just be used when the car is stationary? The video in OP shows that the clutch automatically operates during the gear shifts which I believe is not necessary for a semi-automatic transmission.

Anyway, a future wish - add an ON/OFF option for this anti-stall feature.