PDA

View Full Version : PS4, PCars, Logitech G29 Compatability

Hectorton
03-12-2015, 14:24
I am new to SImRacing and I recently purchased G29 and PCars for use with my PS4. PS4 recognizes G29 and I am able to completely navigate and program PS4/PCars through the G29 wheel controls. I can rev the car engine and look around the cockpit. However the vehicle refuses to go into gear when i depress the clutch pedal and the paddles to put vehicle into 1st. Am I not properly shifting into gear, is there a setting I am missing or is there a hardware/firmware/sofware conflict? Any input and or assistance is appreciated.

Sinco69
03-12-2015, 15:14
I am new to SImRacing and I recently purchased G29 and PCars for use with my PS4. PS4 recognizes G29 and I am able to completely navigate and program PS4/PCars through the G29 wheel controls. I can rev the car engine and look around the cockpit. However the vehicle refuses to go into gear when i depress the clutch pedal and the paddles to put vehicle into 1st. Am I not properly shifting into gear, is there a setting I am missing or is there a hardware/firmware/sofware conflict? Any input and or assistance is appreciated.

Hi

You need to go to settings and change to automatic clutch, when not using shiffter you don't need the clutch.
When in setting you need to map gear up and gear down on your paddels behind the wheel.

This will help you..

Best regards
Sinco

deedub777
03-12-2015, 18:35
Yeah, the default button assignments for the G29 on PS4 for gear up / down is the L3 and R3 buttons. Just edit assignments and set the paddles for this.
As @Sinco69 said, set up auto clutch or manual, up to you

Hectorton
04-12-2015, 21:06
Deedub777 and sinco69 thank you very much for the input. Combined it was just what I needed to get the simulator going. Even though I love the G29 and think it is a quality product I have been disappointed with the documentation included and logitech technical support which was totally worthless. The result of three separate technical support calls was three different conclusions that I return the product for a replacement as it is suppose to work automatically out of the box and it obviously did not. With technical support like that how does a company make any money. After following your instructions the Wheel is working flawlessly. Thank you.

wyldanimal
05-12-2015, 15:53
Deedub777 and sinco69 thank you very much for the input. Combined it was just what I needed to get the simulator going. Even though I love the G29 and think it is a quality product I have been disappointed with the documentation included and logitech technical support which was totally worthless. The result of three separate technical support calls was three different conclusions that I return the product for a replacement as it is suppose to work automatically out of the box and it obviously did not. With technical support like that how does a company make any money. After following your instructions the Wheel is working flawlessly. Thank you.

your problem was not a Logitech problem.
it was wrong in Game default settings.

So how Is Logitech responsible for the Game Settings? Just saying... if you're going to throw criticism at logitech for something that they don't control..

I'm a G29 Owner too.. So I hope you enjoy yours as much as I luv mine.