PDA

View Full Version : PS4 version canīt handle LMP1 cars

Doge
03-12-2015, 14:37
Some weeks ago we started a LMP1 championship. In the first race a number of players had game crashes, and we thought it could be bad luck or internet playing up.

In offline practices to prepare race 2, I had 5 game crashes. When race day arrived, game crashed on lap 4, and during the race half the field had similar issues. Game freeze, wheel turns on its own, blue Sony report screen. Then it was evident it wasnīt internet related (offline crashes), it wasnīt track specific (first Nurburgring, then Spa), and it wasnīt car specific (Audi R18 TDI, Marek, P30... no one was safe).

This week we it was turn for race 3 at Dubai. Half the field got game crashes again. This is game breaking, you canīt do something as simple as driving a Prototype without the game going nuts, online or offline, at any track.

Sankyo
03-12-2015, 15:10
Thanks for reporting. Bit strange conclusion, though. Does that mean that you also ran multiplayer sessions with non-LMP cars with the same group of people, and you got no game crashes?

Fanapryde
03-12-2015, 16:20
Some weeks ago we started a LMP1 championship. In the first race a number of players had game crashes, and we thought it could be bad luck or internet playing up.

In offline practices to prepare race 2, I had 5 game crashes. When race day arrived, game crashed on lap 4, and during the race half the field had similar issues. Game freeze, wheel turns on its own, blue Sony report screen. Then it was evident it wasnīt internet related (offline crashes), it wasnīt track specific (first Nurburgring, then Spa), and it wasnīt car specific (Audi R18 TDI, Marek, P30... no one was safe).

This week we it was turn for race 3 at Dubai. Half the field got game crashes again. This is game breaking, you canīt do something as simple as driving a Prototype without the game going nuts, online or offline, at any track.
Because my PC had some issues and is under repair, I went back to Ps4 and did two seasons of LMP1 championships.
I had NO ISSUES whatsoever. Now I don't do MP on PS4, so I can't judge about that.
Did the Euro/World/US/World, all on 90% AI, all full length.
So, my PS4 version can clearly handle the LMP1's (I used the RWD and the Audi E-tron)

Liquid7394
03-12-2015, 16:47
I can confirm Doge's problem. The game has severe issues that need to be fixed.

Fanapryde
03-12-2015, 16:53
I can confirm Doge's problem. The game has severe issues that need to be fixed.
Any ideas why I am not affected then ?
If it was the game, I should have the same issues...no ?

madmax2069
03-12-2015, 17:10
Haven't had a single issue due to running LMP1 cars (besides the already known issues with the game itself).

I believe those crashes wasn't due to the LMP1 cars, the crashes just so happened while you was playing with LMP1 cars, so you just assume that LMP1 is what caused the crashes.

The game does crash, and can happen multiple times in a row. It doesn't matter what car class you're driving.

Perhaps theres a issue with the game on your hardware (aka a corrupt file or something). Which would explain why other dont seems to have issues with LMP1 cars.

Have you tried booting into safe mode and rebuilding the database ?, Have you tried reinstalling the game ?, have you tried recording all of your settings (car setup and control settings and what not) and deleting all of the save files for the game ?

Liquid7394
03-12-2015, 17:12
Any ideas why I am not affected then ?If it was the game, I should have the same issues...no ?
So you're suggesting it's not the games fault?

Just because you aren't affected by the bug it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Fanapryde
03-12-2015, 17:16
So you're suggesting it's not the games fault?

Just because you aren't affected by the bug it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Well, you are saying it's the games fault, while I and others are not affected... makes me wonder.
I have to add: the biggest part of all "known" bugs did not seem to affect my copy of the game or my PS4 (or PC) either.

Liquid7394
03-12-2015, 17:19
Have you tried booting into safe mode and rebuilding the database ?, Have you tried reinstalling the game ?, have you tried recording all of your settings (car setup and control settings and what not) and deleting all of the save files for the game ?
Done all of that many times, it doesn't work.

Liquid7394
03-12-2015, 17:22
Well, you are saying it's the games fault, while I and others are not affected... makes me wonder.
I have to add: the biggest part of all "known" bugs did not seem to affect my copy of the game or my PS4 (or PC) either.
Considering I have none of these issues with any other game, then yes I am inclined to believe it's the games fault. Especially since it seems to get worse with each patch.

Fanapryde
03-12-2015, 17:26
Considering I have none of these issues with any other game, then yes I am inclined to believe it's the games fault. Especially since it seems to get worse with each patch.
Well, I feel honestly sorry for you, hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Doge
03-12-2015, 17:29
Thanks for reporting. Bit strange conclusion, though. Does that mean that you also ran multiplayer sessions with non-LMP cars with the same group of people, and you got no game crashes?

Yes. Same group of people are doing a GT4 cup at the same time. No big issues. No such big issues either on previous championships with other classes, although with older game versions.

BTW, itīs not restricted to MP. In SP free practice the LMP1īs have caused plenty of game crashes too, I mentioned it in the OP. My SP free practice time with other cars is going smoothly.

madmax2069
03-12-2015, 17:40
Yes. Same group of people are doing a GT4 cup at the same time. No big issues. No such big issues either on previous championships with other classes, although with older game versions.

BTW, itīs not restricted to MP. In SP free practice the LMP1īs have caused plenty of game crashes too, I mentioned it in the OP. My SP free practice time with other cars is going smoothly.

That really sounds like your game has corrupted data somewhere on the HDD, and its causing the game to crash when it tried to access it (probably one of the files for the LMP1 cars).

If its corrupted data then its not the game itself causing it, and the devs cant just fix a corrupt file on your system. Thats something you have to fix.

Doge
03-12-2015, 17:45
That really sounds like your game has corrupted data somewhere on the HDD, and its causing the game to crash when it tried to access it (probably one of the files for the LMP1 cars).

If its corrupted data then its not the game itself causing it, and the devs cant just fix a corrupt file on your system. Thats something you have to fix.

Nope. Already deleted and reinstalled everything after last update, HDD defrag from safe mode, etc.

Itīs the game, and itīs doing it for other people who have made all the same (placebo and useless) desperate attempts to fix the issue.

Scuderia Paul
03-12-2015, 17:47
I play on PS4 and about 90% of that time I am using LMP1 cars. Since launch I have had 6-8 crashes and with different classes.

LMP1 has caused no additional issues for me apart from me neglecting other classes because I am addicted to LMPs.

DavidCore89
03-12-2015, 18:01
Hello!

I was also in the previous LMP1 races which saw 5-6 drivers get game crashes within 30 seconds or so.

I didn't take part in round 1, but I entered round 2 at Spa with a brand new PS4 (never had any game played on it) using a fresh install of Project CARS 6.0, my game crashed on lap 22/42 shortly after 5-6 drivers experienced the same issues... Surely my game data had no time to become corrupt in such a short time frame?

Round 3 at Dubai Autodrome, same thing happens, 5-6 drivers get game crashes, at this point I know I'm next in line, I pit on lap 24/42 and the game crashes while editing my strategy.

Fanapryde
03-12-2015, 18:18
Hello!

I was also in the previous LMP1 races which saw 5-6 drivers get game crashes within 30 seconds or so.

I didn't take part in round 1, but I entered round 2 at Spa with a brand new PS4 (never had any game played on it) using a fresh install of Project CARS 6.0, my game crashed on lap 22/42 shortly after 5-6 drivers experienced the same issues... Surely my game data had no time to become corrupt in such a short time frame?

Round 3 at Dubai Autodrome, same thing happens, 5-6 drivers get game crashes, at this point I know I'm next in line, I pit on lap 24/42 and the game crashes while editing my strategy.
All MP I guess ?
As I said, I don't do MP on PS4.
I'm under the impression OP added offline just to produce more "weight" to the issue.
Btw: Doge's profile says PC, he should change that to PS4 to be more clear in the future.
And he should have added in OP that he did the deleting / reinstalling.

Btw: your profile also says PC... if you competed in this, you are also on PS 4?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
03-12-2015, 18:38
I've gotten that kind of crash (freeze, black, blue, wheel movement) several times, in Formula A and B at least. In time trials and in career races. I think it's been at full throttle every time, and either at high speed or at Monaco, so I assume it revolves around stressing the system. Possibly heat.

Doge
03-12-2015, 18:53
All MP I guess ?
I'm under the impression OP added offline just to produce more "weight" to the issue.
Btw: Doge's profile says PC, he should change that to PS4 to be more clear in the future.

Btw: your profile also says PC... if you competed in this, you are also on PS 4?

PC is the default platform profiles get assigned, and I didnīt edit my profile. The thread title is perfectly clear regarding what platform the mentioned issues have happened at, itīs perfectly "clear". :rolleyes:

Youīre either not paying attention or want to derail the discussion to God knows what topic. I already wrote 3 times the game crashes have happened both at the multiplayer sessions (race day) and at solo free practice (preparing for the event on previous day).

All were game freezes, zero connection problems. I was always booted to the report screen, not booted to the main screen of PCARS. I still was logged in PSN after all the crashes.

Liquid7394
03-12-2015, 19:26
All MP I guess ?

The thread title clearly states it's PS4. The OP did not add offline to add more "weight" to the issue, it crashes offline as well. And no he doesn't need add anything to the OP, deleting/reinstalling does nothing.

If you don't encounter any issues and have no helpful advice then go away. We don't need this bug report thread being derailed by you.

Fanapryde
03-12-2015, 19:28
PC is the default platform profiles get assigned, and I didnīt edit my profile. The thread title is perfectly clear regarding what platform the mentioned issues have happened at, itīs perfectly "clear". :rolleyes:

Youīre either not paying attention or want to derail the discussion to God knows what topic. I already wrote 3 times the game crashes have happened both at the multiplayer sessions (race day) and at solo free practice (preparing for the event on previous day).

All were game freezes, zero connection problems. I was always booted to the report screen, not booted to the main screen of PCARS. I still was logged in PSN after all the crashes.
Derail this discussion ? ?
So I am not allowed to add my findings when they are not the same as yours ?

Liquid7394
03-12-2015, 19:31
Derail this discussion ? ?
So I am not allowed to add my findings when they are not the same as yours ?
You've already said you have no issues. There's nothing else to add. Going on about what people's profile says or what should be in the OP is not helpful or needed.

maxx69
03-12-2015, 19:50
Yes I too have had the same issues as above , driving the lmp1 cars on this track in online event races .
It seems rather than trying to sort the problem out and listen to people's problems with this product it's easier to go into denial and pretend every issue is a lie .
Burying your head in the sand isn't really much help .

Sankyo
03-12-2015, 20:07
Yes I too have had the same issues as above , driving the lmp1 cars on this track in online event races .
It seems rather than trying to sort the problem out and listen to people's problems with this product it's easier to go into denial and pretend every issue is a lie .
Burying your head in the sand isn't really much help .
And taking a stance like this also won't help much, because it's not creating an atmosphere in which people are willing to listen to you.
Nobody is in denial or accusing anyone of lying.

As for the OP, can you confirm that the problem is with all of the people in your group, instead of one particular person having an issue with one or more LMP1 cars, which then causes game crashes for the other players? Do all people who got a game crash online also get offline crashes with the same car(s)?

Doge
03-12-2015, 20:24
And taking a stance like this also won't help much, because it's not creating an atmosphere in which people are willing to listen to you. Nobody is in denial or accusing anyone of lying.

Actually, yes. From post number 17:
"I'm under the impression OP added offline just to produce more "weight" to the issue."

As for the OP, can you confirm that the problem is with all of the people in your group, instead of one particular person having an issue with one or more LMP1 cars, which then causes game crashes for the other players? Do all people who got a game crash online also get offline crashes with the same car(s)?

Yes, I know from other people who also got offline SP practice game freezes while practicing for the event.

Also, the crashes happen at separate moments during the race. 3 people can DC in a minute, then be fine for 20 laps, then another individual guy freezes, etc.

Liquid7394
03-12-2015, 20:33
It was about 5 or 6 people that had their game crash within quick succession of each other. I've had plenty of crashes in other cars but literally every race in our LMP1 series has had half the group drop out due to game crashes, yet our GT4 series has had none of these issues. It's not always the same people either, I finished 1 race in our LMP1 series, every other race I had a game crash.

Zenzic
04-12-2015, 08:11
I can confirm the game crashes when racing LMP1 cars, both online and offline. Sometimes the crashes happen to multiple people in quick succession, other times we've had crashes distributed over the course of an hour. Sir Digby Chicken Caesar's reply makes sense. The game crashes I can remember all occurred at high speed.

@Remco: I can't speak for anyone else, but I already have the feeling this is not being listened to. The most recent official reply to these crashes dates back to September 2nd (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22777-Crash-Freeze-on-PS4&p=1107867&viewfull=1#post1107867):

Thanks for all the reports. We are having a look at the crash data send to Sony.

We will keep you updated.

It's been three months and we haven't been kept updated. The "Crash/Freeze on PS4" thread has grown to 27 pages. In the meantime we've seen new functionality and content having been added, but the game has gotten more unstable. Talk about atmosphere all you want, but with a good few of us having a family and/or jobs free time is a at premium. When I finally do have time to race online just to have to drop out of the event once again because of a game crash it makes me want to smash my console. I don't care about atmosphere here if a game I paid big bucks for is ruining mine at home.

I'm consistently sending my crash reports to Sony. i assume I'm not the only one doing so. Whatever is or isn't in the OP is irrelevant. SMS should have gathered an abundance of debugging info already, which begs the question why we're still seeing issues.

Liquid7394
04-12-2015, 10:41
My game crashed while going around a hairpin.

Doge
04-12-2015, 11:42
Someone mentioned his game crashed while he was on the pit limiter trying to adjust pit strategy. So setting a pattern further than "LMP cars make the game fail all the time" looks hard.

maxx69
04-12-2015, 20:39
I also have been having times when I hit invisible objects in the track and loose all drive ( everything else works, except the gas pedal) driving lmp1 cars during online practice sessions .
Project cars lately feels more of a game of chance , than a racing game .
I feel the same way as Zenzic's above comment and would really prefer some feedback on what you're doing to resolve the issues described here in this thread.
Is that a better atmospheric condition for a constructive response ?
I'd really like to know what you are doing to resolve these issues with this game

racer-mika
18-12-2015, 12:59
I had the same thing on ps4 with LMP1's, first a drop in frame rate, then the game freezes and then the screen goes blue and after that it will go back to the ps4 home menu. To solve this I would advice you to decrease the amount of participating cars. This will lead to the system (PS4) not being so stretched so crashes will be less likely to happen. Also, if you do this you will notice that the game gets a higher frame rate.

Zenzic
18-12-2015, 13:17
That's not really a workable solution. Excluding people is more or less the same as losing them due to crashes over the course of a race.

vahagn_hayk
18-12-2015, 17:37
maybe start multiplayer races with a lobby of 2-5 people LOL welcome to the "pCARS" normal world :)

Sasquatch
18-12-2015, 17:46
Any ideas why I am not affected then ?
If it was the game, I should have the same issues...no ?

I run LMP's more than anything else in the game, and I can't say i've ever had a game crash with them. I've done the LMP1 champ races in Firmware 6.0 in a decently long sessions and I haven't experienced a game crash. I'm not sure why there's a number of people here having an issue and i'm not as well.

Only thing that happened in 6.0 for me as I was doing the LeMans24 WEC race ( 2 hour version ) 5 minutes to go down the Mulsanne before the first chicane, my car magically found itself in the reverse gear.

Zenzic
18-12-2015, 17:48
That reverse gear bug has never happened to me. No idea why you're having that issue and I'm not. I do have crashes when racing LMP1 cars. Guess the game behaves differently for different groups of people.