PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans crash to dashboard

Coolerking
06-12-2015, 11:28
Hi there, don't know if anyone else gets this, but every time I set up a solo race at Le Mans with the Lotus 49C it always crashes to dashboard, every time without fail. Anybody had this or know a workaround please?
Free practice works fine...

Coolerking
06-12-2015, 11:40
Ok, just tried it with a low number of opponents, 9, and it worked fine. So it must be when trying for a larger grid...

nissan4ever
06-12-2015, 12:21
In case you are unaware of this. The game as a whole preforms better with how fast on screen action is moving in relation to the lap timer with grid sizes between 16 - 24. Depends on track & weather. Lap clock is consistent, regardless if on screen action is moving slower.

That's due to complex tire physics model for your car & simplified AI tire physics model. Very large or max grid sizes will effect how fast on screen action is moving & will result in slower lap times. Even if you are hitting all your marks through turns.

Feel free to go to any track & run your fastest lap time by yourself. Then do a Solo Quick Race Weekend with a grid size of 16, then 24, & followed by max. Notice the difference in your lap time, due to the max grid size?

Hopefully you would prefer racing against as large of a grid size as possible, while maintaining your normal lap times achieved when running solo.

As far as dashboard crash with large grid size at Le Mans 24hrs, SMS should look into that. That definitely shouldn't happen. What was your weather, grid size & time of day? Are you using internal or external hdd?

Coolerking
10-12-2015, 06:40
Weather was clear, time of day was about 11am. I was trying for a high grid size of 35 or more. I tried it with 9 opponents and it worked. Internal HDD.

ProjectCarl
10-12-2015, 19:45
I have never had this problem on Le Mans, I have had it instead on Road America. Here's the story.

My friend Kevin and I were racing in an on-line lobby, unconventionally dirty for a Project Cars race mind you. We were discussing Gustav Stresemann's involvement with the revival of the Weimar Republic before the race at Elkhart Lake started.

We had previously raced at Cadwell Park and Brno, leaving me finishing fourth and first respectively.

The grid was packed, around thirteen cars were on the main straight, each and everyone of them eager to impress. As soon as the lights turned green mine and Kevin's games both crashed. We were both disappointed and he thus went offline, whereas I went on BBC iPlayer in order to watch QI.