PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec Clubsport V2 on PS4

Haiden
06-12-2015, 15:22
Got the new base, rim, and V3 pedals last week--upgraded from a T300/T3PA Pro set. All I can say is...OMG! I should have done this a long time ago. :)

I had the FFB on my T300 dialed in, and it felt great. And yet, I didn't realize how much detail I was missing. And talk about smooth. All my titles feel better, but PCars is the most noticeable difference. The other titles--F1 2015 and Forza 6--feel stronger and smoother, but with PCars, I'm also feeling a lot more clarity and detail. This is amazing! It's like a new game. And tuning my in-car FFb is actually a lot easier now, due to the increased clarity. Merry Christmas to me! :)

Stephen1300
07-12-2015, 00:03
Good for you. I have a question, how does the mapping of the buttons work ? Are they all programmable ? And do you get all the controls for PS4, I mean the PS button, share and option ? My T300 is dead today so I am looking at the Clubsport V2 and the Porsche wheel, what wheel is the best in your opinion ?

Haiden
07-12-2015, 03:52
Only one of the buttons isn't mappable, the lower left button in the center. The others, including the directional and button clicks on both analogs switches can be set. You have to use the dual shock controller for the share, the option button is on the wheel. But the wheel has its own settings, so you can run the game's FFB higher, and then attenuate the strength with the wheel, similar to a PC control panel.

I've never tried the Porsche wheel.

zorbical
07-12-2015, 13:49
Does anyone know if the csw-v2 base will work with thrustmaster t3pa pro pedals on the ps4?

Fong74
07-12-2015, 13:55
AFAIK only Logitech G27 pedals can be attached to a Fanatec base using an adapter.

Fong74
07-12-2015, 13:57
Only one of the buttons isn't mappable, the lower left button in the center.

This is the case since patch 5.0 and due to some SDK changes from Fanatec. Before that all buttons could be mapped.

Haiden
07-12-2015, 14:59
AFAIK only Logitech G27 pedals can be attached to a Fanatec base using an adapter.

I've heard that adapters don't always work well--latency.

This is the case since patch 5.0 and due to some SDK changes from Fanatec. Before that all buttons could be mapped.

Figures. No problem though. I also have a small button, which I've mapped most things to like brake bias and anti-roll, and seat adjustments. I actually have three of the mappable buttons on the F1 rim unassigned, because I can think what to use them for. :)

I didn't realize the CSL rim didn't have a quick release. That's the only thing I don't like about that rim.

Fong74
07-12-2015, 15:22

The adapter I have in mind is from Fanatec. So no latency issues there. The G27 pedals are a valid combination with a CSW base.

Stephen1300
07-12-2015, 19:08
Only one of the buttons isn't mappable, the lower left button in the center. The others, including the directional and button clicks on both analogs switches can be set. You have to use the dual shock controller for the share, the option button is on the wheel. But the wheel has its own settings, so you can run the game's FFB higher, and then attenuate the strength with the wheel, similar to a PC control panel.

I've never tried the Porsche wheel.

Sorry, my question was not clear, I meant wich of your two wheels do you prefer ? The CSL or the Formula ? Also if you do not have the PS button on the wheel, what is the procedure to get into PCars from the PS4 main menu, thanks.

Sankyo
07-12-2015, 19:25

Figures. No problem though. I also have a small button, which I've mapped most things to like brake bias and anti-roll, and seat adjustments. I actually have three of the mappable buttons on the F1 rim unassigned, because I can think what to use them for. :)

I didn't realize the CSL rim didn't have a quick release. That's the only thing I don't like about that rim.

It's the reason why they could make it relatively cheap ;)

Haiden
07-12-2015, 21:36
Sorry, my question was not clear, I meant wich of your two wheels do you prefer ? The CSL or the Formula ? Also if you do not have the PS button on the wheel, what is the procedure to get into PCars from the PS4 main menu, thanks.

I prefer the F1 rim, but open wheel and LMP racing are my favorite class, so that's why. I got the CSL rim as part of a Black Friday deal--$50 with the purchase of the wheel base. It made sense for me, because I have an Xb1, as well. One of my main reasons for upgrading to the Fanatec system was the base's cross-compatibility. I got tired of having to unmount and remount bases to switch between consoles. If I was just buying it for the PS4, I wouldn't have gotten the CSL rim. I would have either gotten the F1 or BMW rim. Both are leather wrapped and have nondescript button sets, instead of Xbox/PS branded buttons. The CSL also only has one analog stick. Both the F1 and BMW GT rims have two, independently mapped. There's also no quick release on the CSL. You need to screw the locking pin to secure/remove it.

The CSL rim isn't leather wrapped, but overall, it still has far more substance than the standard TX or T300 rims--doesn't feel like a toy. The rubberized rim coating is a higher grade material than the TX/T300 standards, and the diameter is also a little larger. I haven't used the CSL rim with the PS4 yet, but it's solid and feels great in Forza 6.

Hope that helps.

It's the reason why they could make it relatively cheap ;)

Yep. That, and the fact that it isn't leather. I think it might be the only Fanatec wheel that isn't. It's a solid wheel, though.

ceoCorona
08-12-2015, 04:10
I just went CSW V2. Returning my T300. I plan on going to PC racing later next year and prefer the versatility this platform will offer. It also just looks so sexy, lol.

Warren1571
08-12-2015, 05:03
Gotta say the Fanatec stuff looks absolutely amazing and sounds like it performs extremely well.

I'd love to upgrade but I'd be looking at over $2500 (AUD) to replace my current T500RS Thrustmaster setup. I have the TM shifter, 2 x F1 rims, GT5 rim, G28 Leather rim, GT458 rim. So to replace all that, just doesn't make sense.

Fanatec products seem extremely expensive here in Australia. I'd love to know if the Fanatec CSW V2 is actually that much better than Thrustmaster gear in terms of FFB and overall feel?

Fong74
08-12-2015, 08:28
As much as I like Fanatec stuff, ff I had your setup, I would not change it completely. The T500 is a good wheel, especially in combination with pCars (all my racing mates who use it have almost no issues, they just drive). There is a way to attach CSPs to your T500 though. Maybe that would make sense for the first step if you plan to switch some day. Thrustmaster pedals are no match to the CSPs which add a lot to the overall feeling. Later on you could sell the T500 and get a Fanatec base and a rim. The modular approach is one of the strenghts imo. I bought my setup piece by piece over time as the invest for the whole thing would have been way too much for me.

Haiden
08-12-2015, 17:26
Gotta say the Fanatec stuff looks absolutely amazing and sounds like it performs extremely well.

I'd love to upgrade but I'd be looking at over $2500 (AUD) to replace my current T500RS Thrustmaster setup. I have the TM shifter, 2 x F1 rims, GT5 rim, G28 Leather rim, GT458 rim. So to replace all that, just doesn't make sense.

Fanatec products seem extremely expensive here in Australia. I'd love to know if the Fanatec CSW V2 is actually that much better than Thrustmaster gear in terms of FFB and overall feel?

As much as I like Fanatec stuff, ff I had your setup, I would not change it completely. The T500 is a good wheel, especially in combination with pCars (all my racing mates who use it have almost no issues, they just drive). There is a way to attach CSPs to your T500 though. Maybe that would make sense for the first step if you plan to switch some day. Thrustmaster pedals are no match to the CSPs which add a lot to the overall feeling. Later on you could sell the T500 and get a Fanatec base and a rim. The modular approach is one of the strenghts imo. I bought my setup piece by piece over time as the invest for the whole thing would have been way too much for me.

That's definitely a lot of gear to replace. I have a TX, T300, and T3PA Pro pedals, as well. I'm selling that gear, which will soften the cost of the Fanatec setup. For me, it was about having an easier time playing multiplatform. It's easier to swap a rim than unmount and remount bases. Every review I'd read and all the feedback I'd heard said the CSW had better FFB, but I just didn't realize how much better until I tried it. I've never tried a T500, but have heard many reports that it's stronger than the T300, but with less detail/dynamic range. If that's true, then I suspect the CSW would be a huge improvement in feel over the T500. Something else to think about, the T500 is old and, at some point in the near future, may no longer be fully supported by some games. When that happens, the resale value will also drop, which will only make an upgrade (regardless what you buy) more expensive in the long run. Fong's suggestion/mention of taking a modular approach is a good idea. In retrospect, I wish I hadn't of balked at the Fanatec price tag when I was looking at buying a wheel for the PS4. At the time, I just didn't think the performance was worth the price. I was wrong.

Warren1571
08-12-2015, 21:05
That's definitely a lot of gear to replace. I have a TX, T300, and T3PA Pro pedals, as well. I'm selling that gear, which will soften the cost of the Fanatec setup. For me, it was about having an easier time playing multiplatform. It's easier to swap a rim than unmount and remount bases. Every review I'd read and all the feedback I'd heard said the CSW had better FFB, but I just didn't realize how much better until I tried it. I've never tried a T500, but have heard many reports that it's stronger than the T300, but with less detail/dynamic range. If that's true, then I suspect the CSW would be a huge improvement in feel over the T500. Something else to think about, the T500 is old and, at some point in the near future, may no longer be fully supported by some games. When that happens, the resale value will also drop, which will only make an upgrade (regardless what you buy) more expensive in the long run. Fong's suggestion/mention of taking a modular approach is a good idea. In retrospect, I wish I hadn't of balked at the Fanatec price tag when I was looking at buying a wheel for the PS4. At the time, I just didn't think the performance was worth the price. I was wrong.

Thanks for info. It really sounds like Fanatec is well and truly a step above the TM gear. I think I'll make that a goal for 2016, to slowly upgrade my rig to Fanatec. Like you say, do it in a modular way, piece by piece and then it won't hit the bank account so hard in one go.

Just another question, do the LED's on the F1 rim and other Fanatec rims work with the PS4?

I originally started out on a Logitech G27 on the PS3 with Gran Turismo 5 and the RPM LED's worked on that wheel. Obviously there are no LED's on Thrustmasters wheels, so just wondering how and if the work on the Fanatec gear?

Haiden
08-12-2015, 23:28
Thanks for info. It really sounds like Fanatec is well and truly a step above the TM gear. I think I'll make that a goal for 2016, to slowly upgrade my rig to Fanatec. Like you say, do it in a modular way, piece by piece and then it won't hit the bank account so hard in one go.

Just another question, do the LED's on the F1 rim and other Fanatec rims work with the PS4?

I originally started out on a Logitech G27 on the PS3 with Gran Turismo 5 and the RPM LED's worked on that wheel. Obviously there are no LED's on Thrustmasters wheels, so just wondering how and if the work on the Fanatec gear?

Yep! All the LEDs work, and so do the rumble packs on the throttle and brake. The funny thing though is... the LEDs on the CSL don't seem to be working in Forza. I'm pretty sure it's the game, though, because the LED and rev meter do work. I've testing them in the driver control panel. Eventually, I'll get around to trying that wheel with PCars to see how it works. To be honest, I'm not really disappointed that the rev meter isn't working in Forza, because it's not like a normal rev meter. It's basically one square at the top of the wheel that changes colors--green to blue to red. Looks a little toyish, reminds of Christmas lights.

Stephen1300
09-12-2015, 00:30
I just did order the Fanatec CSW-V2 and Porsche wheel, I will use them with my Logitec pedal set for now and might upgrade later. It is a good chunk of change that is leaving my wallet right now. Ouch ! But reading these posts I am confident I will love it, cant wait.

gotdirt410sprintcar
09-12-2015, 03:48
Its going to take me 4 months to get the base and rim but reading what the first post said about the t300 it will be worth it. I did have problems with my g27 pedals and gt3rs would not go full throttle but a friend sent me his g25 pedals they work fine.Must be something about the pedals but i think g27 pedals would work fine be nice to now anyway.

Sankyo
09-12-2015, 08:52
Yep! All the LEDs work, and so do the rumble packs on the throttle and brake. The funny thing though is... the LEDs on the CSL don't seem to be working in Forza. I'm pretty sure it's the game, though, because the LED and rev meter do work. I've testing them in the driver control panel. Eventually, I'll get around to trying that wheel with PCars to see how it works. To be honest, I'm not really disappointed that the rev meter isn't working in Forza, because it's not like a normal rev meter. It's basically one square at the top of the wheel that changes colors--green to blue to red. Looks a little toyish, reminds of Christmas lights.
Yep, it's something that the game needs to support.

ceoCorona
11-12-2015, 03:08
Few hours logged on the CSW v2, CSP v3, and BMW GT2 time and all I can say is this is night and day difference over the other sub 2k offerings.

In a span of 6 weeks I purchased a G29, and a T300 w/ pro pedals. My experience:
-My least favorite of the bunch was the G29 (sorry guys!). It felt clunky and it was tougher to correct errors. I also was not a fan of the notchy gears or clunky sound when running over bumps/kerbs. Rim was a bit too small for my liking. Shifter left a lot to be desired. Im sure it would last me a lifetime, but it would be a lifetime of missing out on some other great options.
-The T300 has much better FFB then the G29 in my opinion. The stock pedals are a joke which is why I opted for the pro pedals. Much better look and feel. I like the TM eco system of rims. I actually purchased the 599XX Alcanatara rim which was a pleasure to drive with. Overall, with some good tweaks this was a solid wheel. I also purchased the shifter which was fun to use in both H and SQ pattern. Lightyears ahead of the G29 H shifter option. Now the bad... In 4 weeks I went through two replacement "hubs" or w/e you want to call the main housing. The first one had a faulty power supply cord/connector so the wheel would intermittently shut off while in use. The replacement replacement fixed the issue but I lost trust in the wheel and started eyeing my next options...

Luckily I purchased everything through Amazon so exchanges AND returns were hassle free. So everything went back to sender.

-Then... the CSW v2... While I only have limited time with the CSW v2 package I am blown away by the level of detail communicated through the rim. I am using GrimeyDog's CSWv2 tweaks and am very much enjoying them. I am sure I will tweak a thing or two but I am thankful he took the time to post his work. The Fanatec rim/pedal selection is second to none in the sub 2k package range. These pedals are FANTASTIC. Period! The BMW GT2 rim is equally as impressive at 320mm this thing screams realism. Nothing toy like here. I also recently ordered a F1 rim and the Porsche 918 rim. I couldn't help myself, lol. I plan on picking up a SQ shift after the holidays.

Haiden
11-12-2015, 15:24
Few hours logged on the CSW v2, CSP v3, and BMW GT2 time and all I can say is this is night and day difference over the other sub 2k offerings.

-Then... the CSW v2... While I only have limited time with the CSW v2 package I am blown away by the level of detail communicated through the rim. I am using GrimeyDog's CSWv2 tweaks and am very much enjoying them. I am sure I will tweak a thing or two but I am thankful he took the time to post his work. The Fanatec rim/pedal selection is second to none in the sub 2k package range. These pedals are FANTASTIC. Period! The BMW GT2 rim is equally as impressive at 320mm this thing screams realism. Nothing toy like here. I also recently ordered a F1 rim and the Porsche 918 rim. I couldn't help myself, lol. I plan on picking up a SQ shift after the holidays.

That's exactly how I feel. I didn't have any problems with my T300, and loved it. But the feedback on the CSW-v2 is just butter in comparison. And the pedals...OMG! I added a damper to brake, and use the strong spring for the throttle. I've never had this much control/precision. It's amazing.

I've had mine for a little over a week. I liked Guzzlebeard's settings, and used them as a starting point. Didn't take long to get the globals customized, and Last night I think I found my sweet spot with the in-car settings. One profile that's working with all cars. Gonna finalize it this evening, and then get back to racing.

Also, I've got the F1 rim. It's great. I'm thinking about ordering the BMW rim. I got the CSL as part of the Black Friday deal. The buttons are Xb1 branded, but it's got a PS4 mode. I haven't tried it with PCars yet.

vahagn_hayk
11-12-2015, 21:38
i am very surprised or kind of confused actually, when i use grimeydog or gruzzlebeard setups/ tunes/ tweaks, i have oscillation in the BMW, Porsche and F1 rim...??? hmm very strange! am i the only CSW V2 + CSP V2 (&V3) user who has oscillation??? on the PS4???
on the PC on all sim racers I have zero oscillation...

Gloomy
11-12-2015, 22:22
I'm running the gt3rs porsche wheel with the elite pedals at the moment.

I bought the v3 csp but didn't realize I couldn't connect them directly to my wheel. I haven't got around to getting the cable I need to connect it yet. They look really nice, I'm looking forward to when I can finally try them out.

My plan was to get the csw v2 too but ive had alot of expenses the last two months and can't justify spending that much right now. I can't wait to get it though.

GrimeyDog
12-12-2015, 00:48
i am very surprised or kind of confused actually, when i use grimeydog or gruzzlebeard setups/ tunes/ tweaks, i have oscillation in the BMW, Porsche and F1 rim...??? hmm very strange! am i the only CSW V2 + CSP V2 (&V3) user who has oscillation??? on the PS4???

Make sure that in the Controller section you have the Advanced Tab Settings to Off... It Can Make the wheel center feel Nervous and Twitchy... at best you can keep the center of the wheel Calm but that Twitch/Oscillation is very Hard to get Rid of without Losing FFB detail.... What car are you driving??? The Formula A cars just drive them with the Default set up.

vahagn_hayk
12-12-2015, 04:03
Make sure that in the Controller section you have the Advanced Tab Settings to Off... It Can Make the wheel center feel Nervous and Twitchy... at best you can keep the center of the wheel Calm but that Twitch/Oscillation is very Hard to get Rid of without Losing FFB detail.... What car are you driving??? The Formula A cars just drive them with the Default set up.
will try it out and see how it goes, will delete everything and reset with patch 7.0 and give it a try :)

Haiden
12-12-2015, 05:31

My wheel only oscillates if I don't have at least one hand on it. It doesn't take much to steady it--a finger will do. I don't mind it, though, because it's not bad, and I don't feel anything if I have a hand on it.

ceoCorona
12-12-2015, 05:36
That's exactly how I feel. I didn't have any problems with my T300, and loved it. But the feedback on the CSW-v2 is just butter in comparison. And the pedals...OMG! I added a damper to brake, and use the strong spring for the throttle. I've never had this much control/precision. It's amazing.

I've had mine for a little over a week. I liked Guzzlebeard's settings, and used them as a starting point. Didn't take long to get the globals customized, and Last night I think I found my sweet spot with the in-car settings. One profile that's working with all cars. Gonna finalize it this evening, and then get back to racing.

Also, I've got the F1 rim. It's great. I'm thinking about ordering the BMW rim. I got the CSL as part of the Black Friday deal. The buttons are Xb1 branded, but it's got a PS4 mode. I haven't tried it with PCars yet.

I have to spend some time tweaking a setting here and there. Spent the last few weeks not only testing rims but also modding my Omega Art rig with tactile, surround sound, and spots for tablets/button boxes, lol. I can honestly say thats taken 90% of my attention vs actually enjoying the game and racing.

I still have to swap the accelerator spring as the stock one is too light. What brake damper mod are you using? Im currently running on 3 firmness on the stock setup.

I LOVE the BMW rim. It has such a substantial feel over anything Logitech and TM have put out. I don't want anything to think I am knocking either brand, they are excellent wheels. Definitely all in different categories of their own and shouldn't be really compared against each other IMO; $300, $600, $1200 respectively. The alcantara is just sublime to hold and the 320mm is fantastic luxury. Worth every single penny. I havent tried the F1 rim or Porsche as those are gifts from the wife for Christmas so I have to wait to open those... Lol. The BMW rim will just have to do until then... oh darn..

Fanapryde
12-12-2015, 06:05
No oscillation on PS4, neither on PC (which replaced the PS4 a month ago).

Have to say I really love my V2/Porsche 918 RSR/V3 pedals and SQ shifter.
Fanatec may have had a lot of issues in the earlier days, but this gear is top notch.
Now waiting for my Formula Carbon rim to arrive :eagerness:

Haiden
12-12-2015, 06:20
I have to spend some time tweaking a setting here and there. Spent the last few weeks not only testing rims but also modding my Omega Art rig with tactile, surround sound, and spots for tablets/button boxes, lol. I can honestly say thats taken 90% of my attention vs actually enjoying the game and racing.

I still have to swap the accelerator spring as the stock one is too light. What brake damper mod are you using? Im currently running on 3 firmness on the stock setup.

I LOVE the BMW rim. It has such a substantial feel over anything Logitech and TM have put out. I don't want anything to think I am knocking either brand, they are excellent wheels. Definitely all in different categories of their own and shouldn't be really compared against each other IMO; $300, $600, $1200 respectively. The alcantara is just sublime to hold and the 320mm is fantastic luxury. Worth every single penny. I havent tried the F1 rim or Porsche as those are gifts from the wife for Christmas so I have to wait to open those... Lol. The BMW rim will just have to do until then... oh darn..

It's the Fanatec damper. I have the brake cylinder set to 2.5, and the damper set to about 7.25. The damper adds resistance, but also gives the brake a more realistic, progressive feel.

vahagn_hayk
12-12-2015, 15:30
No oscillation on PS4, neither on PC (which replaced the PS4 a month ago).

Have to say I really love my V2/Porsche 918 RSR/V3 pedals and SQ shifter.
Fanatec may have had a lot of issues in the earlier days, but this gear is top notch.
Now waiting for my Formula Carbon rim to arrive :eagerness:

@Fanapryde: what settings are u running for CSW V2 + CSP V2 & V3 if you have, i have the BMW rim and F1 tim, tried both grimeydog's and gruzzlebeards settings but do have oscillation, in some cars the oscillation is very strong coming out of pits, and on straights, that is why just wondering what you guys are doing for PS4.
(on PC, i have no oscillation whatsoever, across many of my games, no problems at all!)

RomKnight
12-12-2015, 16:25
If you want to know, I'm finding my self driving many new cars on default settings due to other reasons but FFB (in car setup) at default (just fx smooth 0) are giving me a good experience.

Actually I can't even reduce Fy now because it gets weird when cornering (no force or near with my "default" 60~70 settings).

The overall ffb settings in .sig if you want to know.

YMMV

PS: adjust master scale in car ffb menus to avoid clipping or if it is too strong for you taste.

ceoCorona
12-12-2015, 16:48
It's the Fanatec damper. I have the brake cylinder set to 2.5, and the damper set to about 7.25. The damper adds resistance, but also gives the brake a more realistic, progressive feel.

Just ordered the damper, lol. This hobby has become a serious addiction. Thanks for the heads up!

Haiden
12-12-2015, 17:52
Just ordered the damper, lol. This hobby has become a serious addiction. Thanks for the heads up!

I know, right? Every time I think I'm done, I stumble across something else...LOL.

Question...I noticed the Buttkickers in your sig. I want to get a few for my cockpit, but haven't looked into the setup yet. Looks like you have a real receiver, similar to mine. Did you just hook the BK controller up to a second sub-woofer output? Did you have to run an optical line out of the PS4, or are you using the same HDMI from the console?

Seriously addicted. :)

ceoCorona
13-12-2015, 05:48
I know, right? Every time I think I'm done, I stumble across something else...LOL.

Question...I noticed the Buttkickers in your sig. I want to get a few for my cockpit, but haven't looked into the setup yet. Looks like you have a real receiver, similar to mine. Did you just hook the BK controller up to a second sub-woofer output? Did you have to run an optical line out of the PS4, or are you using the same HDMI from the console?

Seriously addicted. :)

No joke... Lol. So it looks like we have the same racing rig. I can PM you some pictures of my setup for mounting spots. Ive been playing around and finally found the perfect set IMO for my setup. So I bought the buttkicker LFE kit with amp for a steal BNIB at ~$400 and purchased another LFE. So one is directly under my seat mounted on a solid wood plank drilled into the base frame. I bought another solid sheet of wood and cut out a floor and wrapped it in 3M Di Noc carbon fiber and covers 90% of the bottom frame. I then attached the other LFE right after the pedals.

Then the two mini LFE's are mounted to the metal frame near the shoulders of our RS6 seats.

LFE:
PS4 HDMI -> HDMI to analog/HDMI splitter/pass -> Receiver HDMI IN -> Sub Pre-Amp Out via sub wire -> BKA1000-N (Buttkicker amp) -> speaker wires to Buttkicker LFE in parallel.

Mini LFE
PS4 HDMI -> HDMI to analog/HDMI splitter/pass (red/white)-> Receiver Analog IN (red/white) -> Analog out to FBQ3102 -> A500 Amp -> Mini LFE

Hopefully that makes some sense. I used analog for the mini buttkickers to that get the nice L/R vibrations. This of course is absolute overkill for a console and our rig. I can shake the house with this setup lol. I am slowly buying PC parts and will eventually cross over by summer or next fall where this setup will really shine.

Haiden
13-12-2015, 16:09
No joke... Lol. So it looks like we have the same racing rig. I can PM you some pictures of my setup for mounting spots. Ive been playing around and finally found the perfect set IMO for my setup. So I bought the buttkicker LFE kit with amp for a steal BNIB at ~$400 and purchased another LFE. So one is directly under my seat mounted on a solid wood plank drilled into the base frame. I bought another solid sheet of wood and cut out a floor and wrapped it in 3M Di Noc carbon fiber and covers 90% of the bottom frame. I then attached the other LFE right after the pedals.

Then the two mini LFE's are mounted to the metal frame near the shoulders of our RS6 seats.

LFE:
PS4 HDMI -> HDMI to analog/HDMI splitter/pass -> Receiver HDMI IN -> Sub Pre-Amp Out via sub wire -> BKA1000-N (Buttkicker amp) -> speaker wires to Buttkicker LFE in parallel.

Mini LFE
PS4 HDMI -> HDMI to analog/HDMI splitter/pass (red/white)-> Receiver Analog IN (red/white) -> Analog out to FBQ3102 -> A500 Amp -> Mini LFE

Hopefully that makes some sense. I used analog for the mini buttkickers to that get the nice L/R vibrations. This of course is absolute overkill for a console and our rig. I can shake the house with this setup lol. I am slowly buying PC parts and will eventually cross over by summer or next fall where this setup will really shine.

Cool. I think understand the wiring. I've been thinking about build a sled/deck to mount my rig on, but I've heard the GT Omega U.S. distributor is going to be carrying more accessories soon, so I'm gonna wait a few months to see if, and what, they start carrying. I'm not a fan of PC gaming. Used to be, but moved to consoles for the easy and convenience. However, I enjoy sim racing more than I've ever enjoyed any game in the past. And I'm considering building a PC sometime in the future. I'm going to wait until Asseto Corsa and GT7 come out before deciding. If they do well on PS4, then I'll probably stay on console for a while. The main thing that would get me to move to PC would be if (or should I say...LOL) I start itching for a three screen setup. :)

Thanks for the info on the BK. And, yes. If you wouldn't mind, shoot me a pic.

Stephen1300
15-12-2015, 23:14
I just did order the Fanatec CSW-V2 and Porsche wheel, I will use them with my Logitec pedal set for now and might upgrade later. It is a good chunk of change that is leaving my wallet right now. Ouch ! But reading these posts I am confident I will love it, cant wait.

I am very disappointed with the service at Fanatec, I placed my order on the 6th, Sunday, got a message on Monday that my order was received and would be processed. They said in that email that I would get a confirmation and a tracking number. Got nothing all week, I sent an email on Thursday 10 to have an update on my order but they never answered. At this point all I am sure of is that they took my money on the credit card but since then it seems they wont even give me the time of day. Pretty frustrating. Today the 15 and still no confirmation of sghipping or email since the 7th.

Haiden
16-12-2015, 11:47
I am very disappointed with the service at Fanatec, I placed my order on the 6th, Sunday, got a message on Monday that my order was received and would be processed. They said in that email that I would get a confirmation and a tracking number. Got nothing all week, I sent an email on Thursday 10 to have an update on my order but they never answered. At this point all I am sure of is that they took my money on the credit card but since then it seems they wont even give me the time of day. Pretty frustrating. Today the 15 and still no confirmation of sghipping or email since the 7th.

Dude... I had a shipping snafu, as well. Got the confirmations, but then only two of my five items actually shipped--the base and pedals. They arrived, but I had no rim to drive with. I tried to call, got voicemail at every menu option I tried. I left messages on each one, though. I also email every address I could find--I think three total. I heard nothing from them all that day. The following day, I noticed that the shipping information for the missing items had been updated to shipped and was showing tracking information. I then received an email telling me that my shipping charges had been credited, and that the items were on their way. Yours seems to be taking longer, though. One thing...in every message and email I sent them, I told them that if I didn't get a response quickly, I would have the charges reversed. One thing's for sure with them, though. They really don't want to talk to you. Keep emailing and try calling. My guess is, it will eventually ship. It's frustration. I know I was pretty pissed. But once the stuff arrives and you get it setup, you'll feel a lot better. Not about the company or their customer service, but I doubt you'll be disappointed in your purchase decision.

Sankyo
16-12-2015, 12:29
Please PM me your order number and I'll check with them.

Stephen1300
16-12-2015, 13:20
Please PM me your order number and I'll check with them.

Thank you, I just checked in my account on the Fanatec web site to read this :

Estimated shipping date: 12/31/1969
Actual shipping date: 12/14/2015

So, it seems it was shipped on Monday, one full week after processing the credit card, but still no tracking number or email.

Stephen1300
24-12-2015, 14:46
So I finally got my wheel and base, actually I've got the base last week and the wheel yesterday. Not the fault of Fanatec, both boxes were sent on the day after I made my order but one box got stranded somehow at the L.A. airport for a full week. I guess express mail services forgot what express realy means. Then again it's Xmas time so it is understandable to a certain point. The only thing I can complain about Fanatec is their lack of communication, I had to send two emails, the last one was very firm, to get an answer in which they gave me one tracking number when there was one for each box. Anywho ! I connected everything last night and tried it on PS3/GT6 and PS4/PCars and I am impressed, very satisfied with my first impression. High quality and excellent feed back, will have to tune it for pcars where it is too strong out of the box but that was predictable and should not be an issue. So thanks for all the input I got here and Merry XMas to all.

Haiden
24-12-2015, 16:14
That's exactly how I felt. I was very frustrated with their lack of communication. I also had to send a few very direct emails. In the end, they got it all sorted and shipped, along with a little shipping credit. And I quickly got over the hassle once I got everything setup. :) In fact, the entire time I was sending those emails and leaving messages inquiring about the remaining items, I knew that if I just got the stuff, I'd be fine. Because even though I couldn't hook anything up, I could see the build quality of the wheel base and pedals and would have been totally shocked if that hardware didn't produce some really nice FFB. :)

Fanapryde
24-12-2015, 16:49
My Fanatec Formula Carbon was due for 18/12.
It left Fanatec the 17th, but UPS postponed delivery two days.
Not Fanatec's fault however, they were very pointly, as always in my case...

Stephen1300
25-12-2015, 12:26
My Fanatec Formula Carbon was due for 18/12.
It left Fanatec the 17th, but UPS postponed delivery two days.
Not Fanatec's fault however, they were very pointly, as always in my case...

You are lucky these are available in your country, I wanted to order one but they will be available only at the end of January. I did preorder it just in case it would be a limited quantity.

Fanapryde
25-12-2015, 13:04
You are lucky these are available in your country, I wanted to order one but they will be available only at the end of January. I did preorder it just in case it would be a limited quantity.
I also ordered it early october, had to wait 5 weeks.

GrimeyDog
26-12-2015, 00:52
CSW V2 Tweek on my thread...Tweek was made For PS4 PCars and V2 wheel.... Link to thread is in my Sig tweek in PDF in First Post.

Stephen1300
26-12-2015, 22:12
CSW V2 Tweek on my thread...Tweek was made For PS4 PCars and V2 wheel.... Link to thread is in my Sig tweek in PDF in First Post.

Actually I printed it before I got the wheel. I Tried it today and it feels great, much more subtle.

I find the wheel's feeling to be a lot more easy, hard to explain : loose would maybe describe it better. It handles the cars I've tried greatly but there is a feeling of that old chevy Impalla from the '70s. This is not from your tune, I noticed it before and after the changes. Not a complain, just an observation because like I said everything handles great and controls very well. Coming from the T300rs it is a big change and a learning process. I don't regret my purchase.

Haiden
26-12-2015, 23:13
Actually I printed it before I got the wheel. I Tried it today and it feels great, much more subtle.

I find the wheel's feeling to be a lot more easy, hard to explain : loose would maybe describe it better. It handles the cars I've tried greatly but there is a feeling of that old chevy Impalla from the '70s. This is not from your tune, I noticed it before and after the changes. Not a complain, just an observation because like I said everything handles great and controls very well. Coming from the T300rs it is a big change and a learning process. I don't regret my purchase.

It does take a bit to get used to. But that smoothness is what you want. It allows more detail to comes through. When you feel the motor working, it's like background noise. It's just strange not to be feeling it anymore. Play around with your in-car scales. You might be surprised what you can feel from little adjustments now. :)

Stephen1300
31-01-2016, 23:25

Hey GrimeyDog, I use your saettings all the time, I lowered the ffb on the wheel to my taste and it is working great, thanks a lot. One question : I mainly use RWD cars, did not try FWD setyup yet but is there something special to do with all wheel drive cars?