PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone playing online?

ProjectCarl
07-12-2015, 17:16
I regularly attempt to join an online lobby, using the find random race option. Sometimes I am forced to wait for a short while before I am quickly added into a race, however I am mostly forced to stay past my welcome and eventually give up and create on offline race. Is this just a minor bug? Am I unlucky? Does anyone play publicly online?

odemode
07-12-2015, 17:33
Join our FB group if you lke (link in my sig) Its a league based group but we do have a few on most nights just doing general racing who are clean and fast.

ProjectCarl
07-12-2015, 17:38
I'll have a look buy PC isn't my main game, plus with assignments I'm not sure on how much time I have to play :(

rtazz17
08-12-2015, 01:55
I regularly attempt to join an online lobby, using the find random race option. Sometimes I am forced to wait for a short while before I am quickly added into a race, however I am mostly forced to stay past my welcome and eventually give up and create on offline race. Is this just a minor bug? Am I unlucky? Does anyone play publicly online?
Normal

hbc865
08-12-2015, 06:03
What I do is when ever I join, in the lobby just tab over to the HOST or a player and check their game card and it will bring up the current status on the profile and show if they are currently racing or in the lobby. if it shows they are racing you can just exit and choose another HOST or wait till they finish

D3L8OY
08-12-2015, 06:03
I get the same treatment as you Carl, Seem to sit in lobbies for way to long before the game starts. Also I can't seem to just get some good fun races happening were people don't take it too seriously

sublime1996525
08-12-2015, 13:20
I get the same treatment as you Carl, Seem to sit in lobbies for way to long before the game starts. Also I can't seem to just get some good fun races happening were people don't take it too seriously

This is also what I look for. Fun, nothing crazy serious racing.

Plato99
08-12-2015, 15:20
The lobbies seem to fall in to one of four camps from my experience.

1) The "Sit and wait for 16 players" lobby where nothing at all happens for ages until people just leave, which then causes another huge wait for another group of players to make up the 16....
2) The "4 players only" lobby where there are hardly any racers at all, especially after the inevitable rage-quit after the first corner.
3) The "Mega serious" lobby where if you put a wheel on the rumble strip and accidentally rub a competitor you get a message on XBox Live within seconds pointing out your error. Newbs need not apply.
4) The "Close clean racing without any primadonnas" lobby. A rarity but so so enjoyable when you find one. HornetVenom (hope he doesnt mind me saying so) and his group are great to race with. Competitive without being snotty with it.

d4ninho
08-12-2015, 16:12
most have gone to private lobbies, i have my won site that races both pcars and forza.

www.tvrf.co.uk

Flat_out
08-12-2015, 21:45
Tried 2 different lobbies online.Was kicked back to dash both times just as race was about to start.
Total pain in the arse!!

Flat_out
08-12-2015, 22:08
Just put the game off after my fifth crash to dash in half an hour.
This really needs looked into folks!!

rtazz17
09-12-2015, 02:54
Just put the game off after my fifth crash to dash in half an hour.
This really needs looked into folks!!

Theres a lot of things that need looking into...

EMW Grogan
12-12-2015, 14:01
Come back to this game....6 races over 3 days NONE completed. Either crash to dashboard or 'Host migration' issue ? This normal now?

luminox
12-12-2015, 18:50
Come back to this game....6 races over 3 days NONE completed. Either crash to dashboard or 'Host migration' issue ? This normal now?

Ya pretty much.

Plato99
14-12-2015, 14:27
Same here. Disconnects, disconnects, more disconnects.
Tried playing Quick Race instead. Repeatedly rear-ended by the AI on Classic Silverstone, particularly on the last chicane before the finish line. Fed up of restarting session. Off to play Wolfenstein instead. Losing the faith again.

nemo06
15-12-2015, 11:42
Repeatedly rear-ended by the AI on Classic Silverstone, particularly on the last chicane before the finish line.

AI is totally crazy :)

PFalcon
15-12-2015, 17:00
I quite enjoy racing against the AI. I rarely get rear-ended if I just cover the inside (preferred) line early enough when entering corners. Most times when I think the AI has stupidly crashed into me, a review of the replay shows it was I who did not hold the racing line. I do wish the game allowed for head tracking, so it would be easier to see cars approaching the blind spot to either side of my car.