PDA

View Full Version : Issues after the first install of ProjectCars (sound and wheel)

Bobitza
07-12-2015, 21:44
Hey guys, new user here, just got the PC for XB1 and was excited to try the TM TX 458 wheel with it.

Excitement turned quickly into disappointment once I discovered that a demon took possession of my wheel and that the game has sound stuttering issues (not sure if the 2 are related). Basically in the beginning the only option is the Solo Race on Dubai with LMP1 car. The FFB is crazy strong and after I pick up some speed and try to turn the wheel (aka first corner), the wheel starts spasm-ing left and right like a demon under exorcism, lol. Sound is stuttering.

So, I came here looking for answers and boy did I find a lot! I'm actually confused, especially since some advice mentions wheel settings that I don't have on the XB1 Options&Help menu (i.e. tire settings). Can someone help me get rid of the demon and enjoy the game? I'm new to this (I had to search Google to see what DOR means).

Thanks
-Bob

chrisff87
08-12-2015, 00:16
The 1st thing that you need to do is calibrate your wheel. Once you calibrate it, you have to configure the wheel's force feedback (FFB) settings.
For the FFB settings, you have to configure the master settings (which is for the whole game), and then individual settings for each car.
- For master FFB settings, use these http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24582-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-XB1-PS4-Spreadsheet
- For individual car FFB settings, use these http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/cars

As for the stutteing issue, unfortunately it's bug, and many Xbox One owners experience it, including me.

rtazz17
08-12-2015, 02:49
Yeah hope the best for you.Ive unistalled and reinstalled multiple times and have the sound stuttering now worse then ever.Game is not playable in my instance.Atleast its not any fun when the sound stutters for 45 seconds at a clip and video skips with it.

psydeviant1
08-12-2015, 02:52
if you click the second link in chrisff87 post , at the top of the page in green (wheel settings page) click that link and scroll down to xbox one, there are ten user settings you can try for your main feedback settings (in the game under options and controls calibrate wheel/calibrate force feedback) these are your basic settings for your wheel , and as chris says once you have your wheel set up you then need to go to your garage and edit the individual ffb set ups for the cars you drive by using a set also from the main page in the second link, you can drive the cars with their default settings but tinkering with the in-car feedback settings gives the game a better feel and tailors it to how you like the feedback to feel to you.

calibrating your wheel correctly is vital.
start the calibration , follow the on screen directions and rotate all the way left then force it past the soft stopper till the numbers match , then rotate the wheel back to centre, then rotate to the right 90 degrees or until it says 900 on screen hold tight press A then A again and you are done.
(its important you return the wheel to centre before rotating right otherwise you will have problems with the in game DOR as the game adjusts this for when you select say a formula A type car as these cars use less DOR than say a normal road car)

it all sounds a bit confusing but after you have been around the menus a few times you will see its not that bad and some of your missing settings might be under the gas and brake peddles as well as the gear paddles, they bring up different menu's

Bobitza
08-12-2015, 02:55
The 1st thing that you need to do is calibrate your wheel. Once you calibrate it, you have to configure the wheel's force feedback (FFB) settings.
For the FFB settings, you have to configure the master settings (which is for the whole game), and then individual settings for each car.
- For master FFB settings, use these http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24582-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-XB1-PS4-Spreadsheet
- For individual car FFB settings, use these http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/cars

As for the stutteing issue, unfortunately it's bug, and many Xbox One owners experience it, including me.

Thanks for the links but where do I find all those Master Scale, Fx Scale, etc. settings?

psydeviant1
08-12-2015, 03:00
also the sound stutter bug is pretty rare for me , im wondering if its because i always hard reset my xbox before loading the game and i never really run any apps or back out to dashboard once the game has loaded i always open party chat if im racing with mates before loading the game , the times ive not done this i have had some crash outs and sound stutter, just a thought

psydeviant1
08-12-2015, 03:03
Thanks for the links but where do I find all those Master Scale, Fx Scale, etc. settings?

these settings are in the car settings , if your out on track go to pit box then edit the tune up for the car ( i cant remeber if its peddles or paddles that open up the feedback menus )

rtazz17
08-12-2015, 13:55
also the sound stutter bug is pretty rare for me , im wondering if its because i always hard reset my xbox before loading the game and i never really run any apps or back out to dashboard once the game has loaded i always open party chat if im racing with mates before loading the game , the times ive not done this i have had some crash outs and sound stutter, just a thought
,no my xbox is hard started everytime it goes on without anything else running..So that is ruled out for me anyways.. Ive had this game since may and have tried all the "work arounds"...

psydeviant1
08-12-2015, 19:44
yeah i had the game on pre-order digital version , i do get the sound stutter but its not very often and tends to be oulton park on the first corner but like i said once in a while not all the time like some , strange

Bobitza
08-12-2015, 22:41
Wow, it's a completely different game now.

However, I have to agree with someone that posted here saying that comparing the feedback you get from PC vs. Forza, you don't get that feeling of pushing the tires and the limit of slipping and when you crossed that limit. You do feel here all the bumps et. all but I no longer get that felling which I found useful.

Or is there a specific set I need to choose? (I wenbt with Classic).

rtazz17
09-12-2015, 03:57
yeah i had the game on pre-order digital version , i do get the sound stutter but its not very often and tends to be oulton park on the first corner but like i said once in a while not all the time like some , strange

Yup,but it seems all the bugs in this game are user specific,atleast alot are.

When im online racing and people float in and out of lobby I get a 45 second sound stutter.And since people are always coming in and out its a non stop stutter.Litterally makes the game unplayable online and thats all I do.Im not into career.