PDA

View Full Version : God this game is good

TKMSte66
09-12-2015, 17:48
Forget the few 'minor' (tiny) bugs and the stupid penalty system. This game is a brilliant online racer and 100 time better than Forza.

Just thought I would say.

rtazz17
10-12-2015, 02:35
Bahahahahahahahaha!

ProjectCarl
10-12-2015, 19:34
Is this compliments on tour!? In no way is this game 100 times better than the referenced racing simulator 'Forza', if I'm correct in assuming you're talking about Forza 6. They are both comparable. I sip my tea in wonder, Forza Motorsport 6 is a visual fantasy, such as the picturesque valleys of Wales. Project Cars is a true racing simulator, one which really forces you to work hard. Forza is a leisure game without the minor bugs that Project Cars endures. Both are great games, yet one is already there whilst the other is still on its GPS route to a five star rating.

Project Cars is the Lord Sugar of the racing simulator games on the Xbox One console, which was created by Microsoft. Forza Motorsport is the Frankie Boyle of the racing industry; good, enjoyable but it seems to try too hard.

John Hargreaves
10-12-2015, 19:45
Forget the few 'minor' (tiny) bugs and the stupid penalty system. This game is a brilliant online racer and 100 time better than Forza.

It's pretty good offline too imo. Although I would have to say it's only about 97% better :rolleyes:

Haiden
10-12-2015, 20:50

A few months ago, I would have agreed. But after spending some legitimate time with Forza 6, I wouldn't say 100 times. PCars has the better graphics, without a doubt. And definitely has the better simulation physics and sound engine sounds. But Forza 6's AI makes for some very good racing--if you turn the difficulty up, and the aggression down. Yes, the Drivatars can be a little unpredictable at times, but, overall, their driving seems more behavioral and responsive, where as in PCars, the AI drives like it's been programmed to follow a rigid set of rules/instructions, which it has.

ashasha
10-12-2015, 22:16
I figured out how to make FM6 really, really good.

1. Dial back the FFB and vibration.
2. Don't go above B class for a while.
3. Tune the cars (and I mean really spend some time on this or it's going to suck in almost every car out of the gate).
4. DO NOT play PCARS at all for at least a month. Seriously.

The differences in the physics and FFB are so great that I just can't go back and forth between the two at all. It's weird, but I can feel the size of the vehicle with PCARS and it feels like the rear wheels are several feet behind me. In Forza I know that it's rear wheel drive, but it feels like my wheel base is about 2ft long and I'm almost on top of the rear axle. The car just doesn't feel great rotating, which means that I find myself having to drive a lot more pro-actively rather than reactionary. In PCARS I can manhandle the car, make it stick and use the throttle to induce a bit of oversteer if I need it; in Forza it feels like I'm on a freshly waxed floor and I have socks for tires. It's less forgiving, but not in a very realistic way at all.

I'm not going to pick a favorite because they both have things going for them, but neither are what I would consider perfect. And for all of the people complaining about bugs and stuff and saying that FM6 is perfect; well it simply is not perfect. It plays pretty solid, but I have issues playing online with both games and the Forza forums are riddled with complaints just like they are here....in both cases some are founded and some are just ridiculous. I don't have any more issues in PCARS than FM6; both are pretty solid for me. The worst thing going for Forza are the transmissions when racing in simulated damage. I know how to drive a standard transmission, but I end up just chewing up the tranny about half way through a race and even worse upgrading to a race transmission doesn't help durability. It also takes forever to shift; in PCARS I can bang through the gears and they feel like my little shifter is actually connected to the transmission. FM6 feels like I am playing a game when shifting; PCARS feels like I am driving a car.

I do like the drivatars, but I am not what I would consider to be proficient at racing at all, but even on unbeatable with all simulation stuff on, no assists and no rewinds after lap one I'm by myself for the rest of the race. I've got a few decent builds, but when I take them online I get destroyed (usually because I get caught up in turn one). With that said even in ghost lobbies I don't stand a chance. My point is that it's tough finding a good level of competition to race most of the time. I'm still trying to figure that out.

I look at them as PCARS being filled with some really good race cars that you can optimize for a track and FM6 being filled with all kinds of street cars that you have to build into something that is remotely drive-able and then go from there.

bluesky0870
10-12-2015, 23:13

Game save losses
Setup save losses
Crashes to dashboard

are really little, tiny minor bugs that are really unimportant.
And that 7 month after release.

I would have agreed with the title "God, that game could have been good"

Ixoye56
11-12-2015, 00:49
Game save losses
Setup save losses
Crashes to dashboard

Yea, but it is still 100 times better than Forza 6 imo.....

AdM1
11-12-2015, 01:08
Those drugs you're on must be good too pmsl!

Forza 6 is in another league really. (I should add with a controller)

AdM1
11-12-2015, 01:12
A few months ago, I would have agreed. But after spending some legitimate time with Forza 6, I wouldn't say 100 times. PCars has the better graphics, without a doubt. And definitely has the better simulation physics and sound engine sounds. But Forza 6's AI makes for some very good racing--if you turn the difficulty up, and the aggression down. Yes, the Drivatars can be a little unpredictable at times, but, overall, their driving seems more behavioral and responsive, where as in PCars, the AI drives like it's been programmed to follow a rigid set of rules/instructions, which it has.

Knew you would cave in the end ;).

rtazz17
11-12-2015, 01:56
Wow you mustve stopped drinking the project cars koolaide...Congrats! Lol
Project cars is what couldve been,it couldve been great but its not going to be,the writting is on the wall.Eventually after months of the same patches and bugs and the beat goes on everyone realizes this.Forza 6 is good,not perfect but it works and its not crashing and you can hear the engines instead of hearing screaching of the sound bug in project cars.The framefrate doest constantly stutter.The OPS thread is actually hysterical because it has no basis.He must be a rookie to this game and hasnt been around long enough to experience all this game "has to offer"...

rtazz17
11-12-2015, 02:00
Is this compliments on tour!? In no way is this game 100 times better than the referenced racing simulator 'Forza', if I'm correct in assuming you're talking about Forza 6. They are both comparable. I sip my tea in wonder, Forza Motorsport 6 is a visual fantasy, such as the picturesque valleys of Wales. Project Cars is a true racing simulator, one which really forces you to work hard. Forza is a leisure game without the minor bugs that Project Cars endures. Both are great games, yet one is already there whilst the other is still on its GPS route to a five star rating.

Project Cars is the Lord Sugar of the racing simulator games on the Xbox One console, which was created by Microsoft. Forza Motorsport is the Frankie Boyle of the racing industry; good, enjoyable but it seems to try too hard.

Minor bugs? Really? Ok so what is a major bug in your estimation because the constand sound bug that goes on for a min at a clip along with choppy framerate is minor...

gotdirt410sprintcar
11-12-2015, 02:30
Game save losses
Setup save losses
Crashes to dashboard

I would have agreed with the title "God, that game could have been good" Your on xbone what do you expect never had this problem yet your right some bugs but GOD THIS GAME IS GREAT. GOD WHY DID HE BUY A XBOX

ashasha
11-12-2015, 02:32
I don't get the sound bug, but I have had the steering wheel bug a few times. I did get it in FM6 once too. Had a hellacious wreck and the thing just went nuts and had to shut the system down completely.

sublime1996525
11-12-2015, 04:40
I'll have what you're having because I could use a good drink :cheers:

bluesky0870
11-12-2015, 06:04
Your on xbone what do you expect never had this problem yet your right some bugs but GOD THIS GAME IS GREAT. GOD WHY DID HE BUY A XBOX

Have a look into the forum for the console of your choice and then tell me that rubbish again. By the way, is GT7 out?

Ixoye56
11-12-2015, 09:44
I don't get the sound bug, but I have had the steering wheel bug a few times. I did get it in FM6 once too. Had a hellacious wreck and the thing just went nuts and had to shut the system down completely.

I don't get the sound bug after the new dash either, the game works just fine for me, minor bugs, yes, but so has Forza 6,
+ ridiculously bad ffb and weird physics.

ReadingRich
11-12-2015, 10:48
I have to admit I was gagging for forza 6 after all the bugs on PCars but after I got it and played it a week and then jumped back to PCars I realised how good it was and I never thought I'd say that.
Even after losing my career once I still prefer PCars to FM6 if only you could port over Indy, Daytona and COTA (and the Honda Civic WTCC)

Haiden
11-12-2015, 14:49
Game save losses
Setup save losses
Crashes to dashboard

If you're having those problems, that sucks, but a lot of people aren't. I've never had any loss of data, and crash to dashboard so infrequently, it's not even an issue.

Those drugs you're on must be good too pmsl!

Forza 6 is in another league really. (I should add with a controller)

Knew you would cave in the end ;).

If by, another league, you mean way better, then I completely disagree. It's a different game, catering more to the arcade crowd than sim crowd. Hands down, I prefer PCars. I didn't cave. I always said, I'd pick it up later when the price dropped. I got a Black Friday deal--Gears of Wars for Xb1 and Forza 6 for just $79. Basically, I paid $20 for it. At first, I thought I wasted my money, because the physics are just strange. Most cars have no grip, and are prone to way too much oversteer. WAY TOO MUCH. It's ridiculous. Even at low speeds--under 50 mph--a Ferrari GT3 was spinning out in easy corners. It takes a lot of upgrading and tweaking to get the R classes and below to drive well. And even then, the level of throttle and brake modulation required to take a corner just feels wrong. The P and X classes are better, which is what saved the game for me. I'm not interested in road cars--barely drive them in PCars--and FM6's road cars are just awful to drive. I hate having to upgrade each car, too. Tuning is fine. But buying parts isn't my thing, it's just a waste of time. And I hate that I have to grind until I make enough cash to buy the cars I want. FM6 also has no FOV settings. So I can't bring it any closer, and the default FOV is to high for my setup. Again, more arcade, than sim. So no, I haven't caved. I've warmed to it a little, but PCars is still my main racer. In terms of enjoyment, FM6 is third on my list, behind F1 2015. The only thing I like better about FM6, is the AI. And, even then, better probably isn't the right word. The FM6 AI is more fun, than the PCars AI, in a leisurely kind of way. But the overall experience still falls short of PCars--helmet view, detailed FFB without the canned force effects, dynamic weather and time transition, awesome graphics, more realistic engine sounds, more tracks, no grind or locks, more control over the session/racing experience, and a relentless cold-hearted AI that is constantly pushing you to go faster and maintain consistency, while waiting to capitalize on even your smallest mistake. Sorry, but FM6 has none of that.

Wow you mustve stopped drinking the project cars koolaide...Congrats! Lol
Project cars is what couldve been,it couldve been great but its not going to be,the writting is on the wall.Eventually after months of the same patches and bugs and the beat goes on everyone realizes this.Forza 6 is good,not perfect but it works and its not crashing and you can hear the engines instead of hearing screaching of the sound bug in project cars.The framefrate doest constantly stutter.The OPS thread is actually hysterical because it has no basis.He must be a rookie to this game and hasnt been around long enough to experience all this game "has to offer"...

Nope. I actually bought a bigger glass (CSW-v2) so I can drink more with less trips to the fridge. :) IMO, PCars is everything I wanted to see come to console. I never experienced half the problems others did. In fact, I've had more crashes on PS4 than I ever had on Xb1. And I don't get many on PS4, so that's saying something. I disagree about the engine sounds. I can barely hear the engine in some cars in FM6. What I do hear is constant tire squealing. The tire squealing is over the top in FM6, and completely unrealistic. It doesn't matter how well you take a corner, your tires are gonna squeal, because it's a canned effect, and they over did it. It's really annoying. I've only had frame rate issues in PCars in like one or two spots of certain tracks, under certain conditions. And, even then, they've never dropped low enough to really matter. So FM6 has a stable frame rate, but look at all that was lost to achieve it. Yes it looks good, but the graphics aren't as good as PCars. The sound isn't realistic, often causing some cars to sound the same. The weather and time isn't dynamic, and the effects are restricted to certain tracks. You can't adjust the FOV, which, for a sim, kind of sucks. It's unfortunate PCars had a rocky start, and doesn't seem to deliver a consistent experience even with the same platform, but it's been, and is, great for a lot of people.

I've also been looking at the Gran Turismo 7 development. That's a better title to compare to Forza. So far, it looks like GT7 is taking it to the next level, and will have more features like PCars--dynamic weather, more views, including helmet, and some really nice graphics. If GT7 delivers, then Forza is going to be looking pretty lame. I'm a long time Forza fan. Been playing since the first release, and it's what got me into sim racing. But I'm okay with admitting that Turn10 has dropped the ball with FM5 and FM6. Yes, they delivered a decent game. But they didn't push the envelope. They're following now, instead of leading. And that's a shame, because there's more competition coming to the console space, and expectations are changing. Unfortunately, though. A lot of Forza fans don't want to admit that, and that will allow Turn10 to keep dragging their feet. It would be sad if 5 years from now that franchise is no longer as relevant in the console space or just another form of Forza Horizon. And that's another strange thing about T10. They already have Horizon. Why not let that serve the arcade crowd, and start pushing FM more toward the sim crowd?

AdM1
11-12-2015, 21:49
If by, another league, you mean way better, then I completely disagree. It's a different game, catering more to the arcade crowd than sim crowd. Hands down, I prefer PCars. I didn't cave. I always said, I'd pick it up later when the price dropped. I got a Black Friday deal--Gears of Wars for Xb1 and Forza 6 for just $79. Basically, I paid $20 for it. At first, I thought I wasted my money, because the physics are just strange. Most cars have no grip, and are prone to way too much oversteer. WAY TOO MUCH. It's ridiculous. Even at low speeds--under 50 mph--a Ferrari GT3 was spinning out in easy corners. It takes a lot of upgrading and tweaking to get the R classes and below to drive well. And even then, the level of throttle and brake modulation required to take a corner just feels wrong. The P and X classes are better, which is what saved the game for me. I'm not interested in road cars--barely drive them in PCars--and FM6's road cars are just awful to drive. I hate having to upgrade each car, too. Tuning is fine. But buying parts isn't my thing, it's just a waste of time. And I hate that I have to grind until I make enough cash to buy the cars I want. FM6 also has no FOV settings. So I can't bring it any closer, and the default FOV is to high for my setup. Again, more arcade, than sim. So no, I haven't caved. I've warmed to it a little, but PCars is still my main racer. In terms of enjoyment, FM6 is third on my list, behind F1 2015. The only thing I like better about FM6, is the AI. And, even then, better probably isn't the right word. The FM6 AI is more fun, than the PCars AI, in a leisurely kind of way. But the overall experience still falls short of PCars--helmet view, detailed FFB without the canned force effects, dynamic weather and time transition, awesome graphics, more realistic engine sounds, more tracks, no grind or locks, more control over the session/racing experience, and a relentless cold-hearted AI that is constantly pushing you to go faster and maintain consistency, while waiting to capitalize on even your smallest mistake. Sorry, but FM6 has none of that.

The cars have plenty of grip imo, I never truly understood why people say that tbh. Maybe they don't tune or just aren't very good at it I dunno. I use all assists off I should add. Also I did state with a controller and I stand by that it being in another league, it just works so much smoother and better. No overheating issues unless you actually purposely overdrive the car. With a wheel I would agree, and being realistic a true sim as you call it shouldn't be played with a controller which just reinforces my opinion. The road cars are horrific in Project Cars as far as handling physics go, nothing like real life imo which is probably why you don't care for them too much.

Personally I agree with the others comments in that Project Cars is a could of been, I enjoyed it for a while and for a bit I considered it to be better than Forza. I just don't think I could stand by that opinion anymore. It's a good game in some respect but absolutely dire in others which completely ruins it for me.

All this lack of grip though I just don't get, I reckon a lot of people must be pushing too hard, slow in fast out remember. IMO you did cave but of course you will deny that to try and save face lol.

AdM1
11-12-2015, 22:59
No lack of grip, top 100 time on the ring, nice and smooth with the pad. C class E30 BMW. Don't understand why people struggle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdLz44YeRI

I'm sure someone will try and criticise it mind.. About as good a sim you can get with a pad imo.

EMW Reaper
12-12-2015, 01:56
IMO Project Cars is way better than forza! I played all forza games from 2 to 6 and non of them come even close to P Cars.

gotdirt410sprintcar
12-12-2015, 02:24
I don't get the sound bug after the new dash either, the game works just fine for me, minor bugs, yes, but so has Forza 6,
+ ridiculously bad ffb and weird physics. don't care about gt7 going to build a pc and I race anyway

Haiden
12-12-2015, 06:10
The cars have plenty of grip imo, I never truly understood why people say that tbh. Maybe they don't tune or just aren't very good at it I dunno. I use all assists off I should add. Also I did state with a controller and I stand by that it being in another league, it just works so much smoother and better. No overheating issues unless you actually purposely overdrive the car. With a wheel I would agree, and being realistic a true sim as you call it shouldn't be played with a controller which just reinforces my opinion. The road cars are horrific in Project Cars as far as handling physics go, nothing like real life imo which is probably why you don't care for them too much.

Personally I agree with the others comments in that Project Cars is a could of been, I enjoyed it for a while and for a bit I considered it to be better than Forza. I just don't think I could stand by that opinion anymore. It's a good game in some respect but absolutely dire in others which completely ruins it for me.

All this lack of grip though I just don't get, I reckon a lot of people must be pushing too hard, slow in fast out remember. IMO you did cave but of course you will deny that to try and save face lol.

No lack of grip, top 100 time on the ring, nice and smooth with the pad. C class E30 BMW. Don't understand why people struggle.

I'm sure someone will try and criticise it mind.. About as good a sim you can get with a pad imo.

I don't have a problem racing in FM6. I just prefer PCars' physics and handling and other features. But if you're playing with a controller, then it's no wonder you like Forza more. The more simulation, the less controller friendly the game is going to be.

nissan4ever
12-12-2015, 07:29
IMO Project Cars is way better than forza! I played all forza games from 2 to 6 and non of them come even close to P Cars.

I feel the same having played Forza 1 through 5. Doesn't hold a candle to Project CARS. Key word, IMO.

TKMSte66
12-12-2015, 13:40
Game save losses
Setup save losses
Crashes to dashboard

Never had a setup save issue, or the game save issue and it crashes about once every couple of weeks.

Went on Forza the other day. What a load of tripe.

TKMSte66
12-12-2015, 13:45
If you're having those problems, that sucks, but a lot of people aren't. I've never had any loss of data, and crash to dashboard so infrequently, it's not even an issue.

Nope. I actually bought a bigger glass (CSW-v2) so I can drink more with less trips to the fridge. :) IMO, PCars is everything I wanted to see come to console. I never experienced half the problems others did. In fact, I've had more crashes on PS4 than I ever had on Xb1. And I don't get many on PS4, so that's saying something. I disagree about the engine sounds. I can barely hear the engine in some cars in FM6. What I do hear is constant tire squealing. The tire squealing is over the top in FM6, and completely unrealistic. It doesn't matter how well you take a corner, your tires are gonna squeal, because it's a canned effect, and they over did it. It's really annoying. I've only had frame rate issues in PCars in like one or two spots of certain tracks, under certain conditions. And, even then, they've never dropped low enough to really matter. So FM6 has a stable frame rate, but look at all that was lost to achieve it. Yes it looks good, but the graphics aren't as good as PCars. The sound isn't realistic, often causing some cars to sound the same. The weather and time isn't dynamic, and the effects are restricted to certain tracks. You can't adjust the FOV, which, for a sim, kind of sucks. It's unfortunate PCars had a rocky start, and doesn't seem to deliver a consistent experience even with the same platform, but it's been, and is, great for a lot of people.

I've also been looking at the Gran Turismo 7 development. That's a better title to compare to Forza. So far, it looks like GT7 is taking it to the next level, and will have more features like PCars--dynamic weather, more views, including helmet, and some really nice graphics. If GT7 delivers, then Forza is going to be looking pretty lame. I'm a long time Forza fan. Been playing since the first release, and it's what got me into sim racing. But I'm okay with admitting that Turn10 has dropped the ball with FM5 and FM6. Yes, they delivered a decent game. But they didn't push the envelope. They're following now, instead of leading. And that's a shame, because there's more competition coming to the console space, and expectations are changing. Unfortunately, though. A lot of Forza fans don't want to admit that, and that will allow Turn10 to keep dragging their feet. It would be sad if 5 years from now that franchise is no longer as relevant in the console space or just another form of Forza Horizon. And that's another strange thing about T10. They already have Horizon. Why not let that serve the arcade crowd, and start pushing FM more toward the sim crowd?

got to agree with all of this.

AdM1
12-12-2015, 18:50
I don't have a problem racing in FM6. I just prefer PCars' physics and handling and other features. But if you're playing with a controller, then it's no wonder you like Forza more. The more simulation, the less controller friendly the game is going to be.

Precisely it's been my point all along.. If you play with a wheel I'm sure it's much much better but for anyone using a pad I think Forza is the better game.

Of course Project Cars has features I'd like to see in Forza but as an overall game Forza trumps it for me and there's nothing I can see pulling me back into Project Cars especially seen as the devs are unable to fix important bugs.

Plus as someone who plays online the Forza lobbies are still heaving whereas the Project Cars are dead, yes you mention quality over quantity but that is not the case because there's still wreckers on both games.

RTA nOsKiLlS
12-12-2015, 19:12
God this game is good.........yeah, when it works.

The cars dotted around the start/finish line are not there for everyone, but they were there for me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52PtIvy7I8M

RTA nOsKiLlS
12-12-2015, 19:24

Wow, thats soooooo arcadey. You never brake, your doing 200mph around every bend, your using ninja tyres with no audible sign of possible scrubbing.....Oh hang on a sec it looks like your having to drive the car properly, on and off the power when need be, not just powering and drifting turns like you would in an arcade game. You can actually hear what your doing to the tyres.

Im still at a loss as to why people say Forza is arcade. I think people confuse Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon.

If only we could have that kind of volume on the Pcars tyres noise.

One of my main struggles with Pcars, is just keeping the game loaded up. It loves going back to the dashboard all on its own.

Haiden
13-12-2015, 16:21
Wow, thats soooooo arcadey. You never brake, your doing 200mph around every bend, your using ninja tyres with no audible sign of possible scrubbing.....Oh hang on a sec it looks like your having to drive the car properly, on and off the power when need be, not just powering and drifting turns like you would in an arcade game. You can actually hear what your doing to the tyres.

Im still at a loss as to why people say Forza is arcade. I think people confuse Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon.

If only we could have that kind of volume on the Pcars tyres noise.

One of my main struggles with Pcars, is just keeping the game loaded up. It loves going back to the dashboard all on its own.

Except you aren't hearing what the tires are doing. It's a canned effect, just like the rumble. PCars let's me feel what my tires are actually doing. If it weren't for the need to hear engine revs (which I can barely hear in Forza because of all the tire squealing), I could almost drive PCars with no sound at all, because I can feel it. Don't think I could do that in Forza, because the FFB lacks the details.

And seriously? The mod packs they allow you to apply to your cars, like extra grip, boost, and all that other nonsense, doesn't seem arcade-like to you?

ReadingRich
13-12-2015, 17:59
And seriously? The mod packs they allow you to apply to your cars, like extra grip, boost, and all that other nonsense, doesn't seem arcade-like to you?[/QUOTE]

It's one of the things that's put me off.

timgreen
13-12-2015, 18:35
And seriously? The mod packs they allow you to apply to your cars, like extra grip, boost, and all that other nonsense, doesn't seem arcade-like to you?

It's one of the things that's put me off.[/QUOTE]

Lol have you guys seen the patch 7 thread for PC??

STEELJOCKEY
13-12-2015, 18:42
HUGE fan of the FM series, had them all from 1-6. Got to 6 though and they have gone backwards. Sure it looks pretty, but I lasted a week with it and haven't played it since. Any of you fanboys want to buy a cheap disc?

I want racing to be real, feel the road and tyres, cars that handle as I'd expect they would in the real world. That's why I have invested in a decent wheel setup and this game. Otherwise I'd go down to the local arcade and put coins in a slot machine.

For those of you who think FM is the greatest thing since sliced bread, carry on your conversation on the FM site. I don't go over the there and put your game down.

Otherwise, back to to topic in this thread.

GOD THIS GAME IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! Just wish M$ servers wouldn't screw up a good night's racing.

MAARTEN
13-12-2015, 18:48
I could almost drive PCars with no sound at all, because I can feel it.

That ^^^ describes enough :)

Flat_out
13-12-2015, 19:06
Have to agree the game is good.But due to the bugs and constant workarounds 7 months in,it will never be GREAT!

timgreen
13-12-2015, 19:09
HUGE fan of the FM series, had them all from 1-6. Got to 6 though and they have gone backwards. Sure it looks pretty, but I lasted a week with it and haven't played it since. Any of you fanboys want to buy a cheap disc?

I want racing to be real, feel the road and tyres, cars that handle as I'd expect they would in the real world. That's why I have invested in a decent wheel setup and this game. Otherwise I'd go down to the local arcade and put coins in a slot machine.

For those of you who think FM is the greatest thing since sliced bread, carry on your conversation on the FM site. I don't go over the there and put your game down.

Otherwise, back to to topic in this thread.

GOD THIS GAME IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! Just wish M$ servers wouldn't screw up a good night's racing.

Go offline before patch 7 hits then as apparently from those in the know it takes Pcars back to pre patch 6 of a dumbed down simcade for pad users and console kids. Go catch up in tyre discussion thread.

rtazz17
13-12-2015, 21:04

It's one of the things that's put me off.[/QUOTE]
Ok yes it does offer that but you in no way have to use mod packs.I dont use them at all.Ever.Its what you make of it.Yeah its arcady for sure.But project cars sux.Its broken.Theres no way that can be argued.Look at all the comments and threads about it.

Myself,Ill stick to iracing.Its the best sim for me.I like doing ALL my racing in multiplayer and iracing allows me to have legit racing against other people without the wreckers like all the console games have.Project cars your lucky to get an online race with more then 5 people.Aside from all the sound and graphical stutters.I even considered trying the pc version of project but the forums are full of complaints of that version too.Oh and they have pc2 in the works..Lol.... Come on guys the current one is the saddest pos out right now and their talking about number 2.. That was started like 3 months ago when the first was only 4 months old and in worse shape then now.

STEELJOCKEY
13-12-2015, 21:52
Yes I've been following the tyre discussion, and I believe it will be better under 7.0. Won't know till it actually updates.

There have been problems with tyre heating for quite a while, and it is very difficult to get right across different tyre types and cars. So I'm not surprised people are not happy with one model or another.

All I know is pre 5.0, tyres were good, the heating model did what I expected it to, and using tyre pressure to control the temperature worked. When the new model was applied in 5.0, several cars suddenly had overheating issues, and nothing I did could fix it, driving like nana didn't help. 6.0 partly fixed it, but then I had other cars with tyres which I could not get heat into at all, including driving like Ken Block on flat tyres. So hopefully 7.0 will fix these, or at least improve it to make me happy.

And yet after all the bugs, changes, fixes, improvements, controversial add ons, this is still the most realistic and satisfying sim racer on console.

GOD THIS GAME IS GOOD

Roll on 7.0

bmanic
13-12-2015, 22:17
The road cars are horrific in Project Cars as far as handling physics go, nothing like real life imo which is probably why you don't care for them too much.

Right.. explains why the BMW 1 Series M I've driven drove just like in pCars.. no wait.. wat? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the road cars drive exceptionally well in pCars. Haven't tried Forza 6 yet but if they drive vastly different then you can be pretty sure they are off by quite a margin. Interestingly the same cars in Assetto Corsa perform very close to the pCars versions so that'd be 2 simulators vs Forza 6.

RTA nOsKiLlS
13-12-2015, 22:46
Except you aren't hearing what the tires are doing. It's a canned effect, just like the rumble. PCars let's me feel what my tires are actually doing. If it weren't for the need to hear engine revs (which I can barely hear in Forza because of all the tire squealing), I could almost drive PCars with no sound at all, because I can feel it. Don't think I could do that in Forza, because the FFB lacks the details.

To be honest, I didn't know about mod packs etc. That doesn't sound very sim to me. I played the demo, and thought what a pile of crap, looks and feeling.

Forza Motorsport 2 and 4, were the ones I played. 4 way more that I played 2. Neither of them had mod packs or anything like it. It was just car, and tuning, and driver skill.

Was I wrong to think Forza 2 and 4 were sims? I will fully accept Forza 6 is an arcade game as I was unaware, and im surprised they have mod packs. That really sounds so lame. Forza 5, is not even worth mentioning.

STEELJOCKEY
13-12-2015, 22:52
I'm happy that PCars is not a modding arcade racer but a tuning sim racer.

GOD THIS GAME IS GOOD

:applouse:

Roger Prynne
13-12-2015, 23:00
GOOD THIS GAME IS GOD :congratulatory:

STEELJOCKEY
13-12-2015, 23:05
Wars have been fought over GODs :rolleyes:

The Gent
13-12-2015, 23:40
For me its been goodbye Forza and hello Project Cars.

grrrillapmp
14-12-2015, 00:06
Had forza since launch and have never touched a mod pack outside of the mod pack tutorial.

Not playing forza because it has mods is dumb, they are one hundred percent optional.

I haven't played Pcars since Forza dropped. It feels like enjoyment when I play Forza. But trying to play PCars feels like work.

Its like starting a ford focus vs cranking up a model T.

Flat_out
14-12-2015, 00:07
Wars have been fought over GODs :rolleyes:

Cringe

Krus Control
14-12-2015, 00:18
For me PCARS is what I always wanted. Any time I played GT or Forza or any driving game it was because I wanted PCARS. And for me PCARS delivers 100%.

Haiden
14-12-2015, 11:46
Had forza since launch and have never touched a mod pack outside of the mod pack tutorial.

Not playing forza because it has mods is dumb, they are one hundred percent optional.

I haven't played Pcars since Forza dropped. It feels like enjoyment when I play Forza. But trying to play PCars feels like work.

Its like starting a ford focus vs cranking up a model T.

If you can use mods online, then that's why I could care. But even if you can't, the fact that the game has mods, tells you what audience type they're catering to.

It took some work to get PCars customized to my tastes, but that ended months ago. I've been enjoying the game since I got it. But honestly, it's dependent on your experience. I haven't had any majors problems with PCars. If I had, maybe I'd agree with you. Don't know why your experience is different, but that's no doubt why you prefer Forza. But regardless, bugs don't change the fact that, at their core, PCars was made to be more of sim than Forza.

Just Another Frog
14-12-2015, 13:43
If you can use mods online, then that's why I could care. But even if you can't, the fact that the game has mods, tells you what audience type they're catering to.

So tell me, exactly what audience do you think Turn 10 are catering for with the inclusion of mod packs?

With the exception of the crew mods (which offer a bare minimum performance enhancement) the bulk of the mods are actually quite useful in many, many ways.
Dare mods offer severe performance reductions with a credit boost for achieving their goals, with the remainder of the mods offering either straighforward XP/credit boosts or credit boosts for actually driving/passing/drafting correctly. Simple inclusions to make the game a little more interesting and push your driver level and credits along at a slightly faster pace. Strangely ironic that people complain about the Forza grind AND then complain about inclusions within the game that offer more money to reduce the grind process. I guess some people will never be happy.

Oh and being as how it hasn't already been pointed out: Mod cards can only be used in career/free play and any times achieved with performance enhancing/reducing mods only register as dirty laps on the leaderboards.

Absolutely agree that the handling and physics of PCars are far superior to just about anything I have ever seen on any console but Forza does offer a very comprehensive upgrade/tuning section which takes away pretty much all of the control issues that stock cars seem to have. Sure, it takes a little time to trial and error exactly what setup suits your driving style but it is achievable.
Not quite sure exactly what you mean about "other features" though because my 400 hours of PCars taught me something completely different. A staggeringly underwhelming leaderboard setup, an online system that is about as popular as herpes and a career/freeplay mode that actually does work rather well. But how long do you really want to race against AI generated opponents before the novelty wears a bit thin.

Last night I raced F6 against 14-24 random REAL opponents in a D class Toyota Celica that I had built and tuned myself. Racing was incredibly intense with the bulk of the top 6 finishing within a few seconds of each other (on most occasions) and on every single occasion that I happened to be fortunate enough to win I felt an overwhelming sense of achievement. Now that's exactly what I want in a racing game.
So tell me,is that a "feature" in PCars? Just wondering.

the_monk
14-12-2015, 14:21
I have both forza6 & Project cars, i play with the mad catz pro wheel, this is going to hurt the people here but i enjoy forza6 more any day, nice quick way to have a racing blast, project cars has so much setup & other issues, i only play Pcars when i have a whole day off for nothing to do lol.

ian2726
14-12-2015, 16:11
With dash apps, crew chief and hopefully keyboard support in patch 7 this game keeps getting better and better.

bmanic
14-12-2015, 16:33
I have both forza6 & Project cars, i play with the mad catz pro wheel, this is going to hurt the people here but i enjoy forza6 more any day, nice quick way to have a racing blast, project cars has so much setup & other issues, i only play Pcars when i have a whole day off for nothing to do lol.

This pretty much sums up arcade/leisure game vs simulation game, doesn't it? :)

Haiden
14-12-2015, 18:51
So tell me, exactly what audience do you think Turn 10 are catering for with the inclusion of mod packs?

With the exception of the crew mods (which offer a bare minimum performance enhancement) the bulk of the mods are actually quite useful in many, many ways.
Dare mods offer severe performance reductions with a credit boost for achieving their goals, with the remainder of the mods offering either straighforward XP/credit boosts or credit boosts for actually driving/passing/drafting correctly. Simple inclusions to make the game a little more interesting and push your driver level and credits along at a slightly faster pace. Strangely ironic that people complain about the Forza grind AND then complain about inclusions within the game that offer more money to reduce the grind process. I guess some people will never be happy.

Oh and being as how it hasn't already been pointed out: Mod cards can only be used in career/free play and any times achieved with performance enhancing/reducing mods only register as dirty laps on the leaderboards.

Absolutely agree that the handling and physics of PCars are far superior to just about anything I have ever seen on any console but Forza does offer a very comprehensive upgrade/tuning section which takes away pretty much all of the control issues that stock cars seem to have. Sure, it takes a little time to trial and error exactly what setup suits your driving style but it is achievable.
Not quite sure exactly what you mean about "other features" though because my 400 hours of PCars taught me something completely different. A staggeringly underwhelming leaderboard setup, an online system that is about as popular as herpes and a career/freeplay mode that actually does work rather well. But how long do you really want to race against AI generated opponents before the novelty wears a bit thin.

Last night I raced F6 against 14-24 random REAL opponents in a D class Toyota Celica that I had built and tuned myself. Racing was incredibly intense with the bulk of the top 6 finishing within a few seconds of each other (on most occasions) and on every single occasion that I happened to be fortunate enough to win I felt an overwhelming sense of achievement. Now that's exactly what I want in a racing game.
So tell me,is that a "feature" in PCars? Just wondering.

I don't know. I saw a mod card for extra grip, laughed and shook my head. That was the last time I paid any attention to that crap. Things like that aren't taking your driving to the next level. They're letting you cheat the physics and compete on a level above your actual skill set.

Yes. I hate the grind. Giving me things to get through the grind faster don't help, because... I hate the grind. I didn't say, I hate that the grind takes so long. I just hate it. Period. Because, at least to me, it's pointless. Yes, I can upgrade the crap-handling cars to make them driveable. But, making me do, what you know I need to do anyway, is just a stupid waste of time.

By other features, I mean all the stuff you can't do or don't have in FM6--dynamic weather and time, FOV settings, helmet view, more tracks, no canned effects, ability to map addition buttons, etc...

If you think Forza is the best thing out there on console and are done/fed up/or just tired of messing with PCars, then why are you still visiting the forums? Does FM6 not have a forum community of like-minded individuals? What compels someone to visit a forum and comment on a game they don't like? I mean... if you're short on time and looking for plug-and-play action, why waste time in these forums?

Yes it does. You always hear PCars is too much work (not just the workarounds, but the tuning aspects), and then, in the next breath, they claim to love sim racing.

the_monk
14-12-2015, 19:49
yeah no doubt, Forza 6 is not as sim as project cars but its way way better then nfs crap that doesn't even have wheel support, i m looking forward to Dirt3 & corsa for the consoles, hope they deliver fingers crossed.
If you haven't tried forza6 you should give it a go, its a simarcade but so much fun now.

Cheers.

Haiden
14-12-2015, 20:29
yeah no doubt, Forza 6 is not as sim as project cars but its way way better then nfs crap that doesn't even have wheel support, i m looking forward to Dirt3 & corsa for the consoles, hope they deliver fingers crossed.
If you haven't tried forza6 you should give it a go, its a simarcade but so much fun now.

Cheers.

Couldn't believe NFS doesn't support wheels. A racing game that doesn't support wheel... LOL

Triggerfish
14-12-2015, 20:50
Newbie to racing and Luv this game but I waited so long for the Ovals so I got Forza 6 for now. Soon as Daytona and the rest come out I will jump back in. Still cannot believe not one Oval yet! :-(

SENNABOY1
14-12-2015, 22:23
I too have the madcatz wheel,but set up in a simulator,haven't drove on forza for at least 3 months,went straight on my tuned Lamborghini,omg it was like driving on ice,ime being serious,it had no feel to it,perhaps with a controller it might have been different,took it straight out and put p cars back in,felt the difference straight away,just my view,but I have the full set up,not the same for every one,but I will stick with p cars all the way,not had one issue since the start,I love the new lotus 49c,may it all continue,

Rockefelluh
14-12-2015, 22:56
Newbie to racing and Luv this game but I waited so long for the Ovals so I got Forza 6 for now. Soon as Daytona and the rest come out I will jump back in. Still cannot believe not one Oval yet! :-(

Zotto is that you??

RTA nOsKiLlS
14-12-2015, 23:54

Nooooo please no ovals. This is a SIM. Real racing only please.

Also, it always takes me months to learn ovals. ;)

Stars n stripes pitchforks anyone? 2 for $10 ;)

Chiraq
15-12-2015, 00:33
Yes it does. You always hear PCars is too much work (not just the workarounds, but the tuning aspects), and then, in the next breath, they claim to love sim racing.

This.

Chiraq
15-12-2015, 00:45
Nooooo please no ovals. This is a SIM. Real racing only please.

Also, it always takes me months to learn ovals. ;)

Stars n stripes pitchforks anyone? 2 for $10 ;)

They can include Daytona and Indianapolis if they want. But only if they come with the circuits :P

I'd like an American track pack... Sebring, Road Atlanta, Daytona and all that. So I can finally start a ALMS series

SUBGTRACER
15-12-2015, 02:50

I'm a little confused at if he is serious or having a DIG! :)

ashasha
15-12-2015, 21:11
Been playing FM6 exclusively for a few weeks now. Now I don't have time to play everyday, but I break it out a few times a week and spend hours. Online works ok, but it's not very much fun to be honest. I have yet to play PCARS online because I just don't race GT3 cars and that's pretty much all there is.

Anyway I decided to fire up PCARS again last night for the first time in weeks. I had to recalibrate my wheel, but after that it was smooth sailing and I have to admit that it was ridiculously fun. Its funny because if I don't finish first in Forza I feel like a loser, but working my way up to 8th from last on Watkins Glen last night was the most fun and most rewarding race I've had in weeks.

And I'm sorry, but I disagree with anyone that says that PCARS takes more work to play than FM6. Every single car needs a massive amount of setup work just to try to get around the track where as with PCARS I can basically just go onto the FFB settings site and have a very driveable car. Maybe that's why I'm not placing higher, but other than a few tire pressure adjustments the car is good.

SuperTidosho
16-12-2015, 12:22
Nooooo please no ovals. Also, it always takes me months to learn ovals. ;)

Haha, how long does it take to learn basic left hand turning in an egg shape? Are you sure you should be playing games like this if you can't master that?

:cool:

SuperTidosho
16-12-2015, 12:37
This post was messed up, the quote was missing.

rtazz17
16-12-2015, 14:30
Been playing FM6 exclusively for a few weeks now. Now I don't have time to play everyday, but I break it out a few times a week and spend hours. Online works ok, but it's not very much fun to be honest. I have yet to play PCARS online because I just don't race GT3 cars and that's pretty much all there is.

Anyway I decided to fire up PCARS again last night for the first time in weeks. I had to recalibrate my wheel, but after that it was smooth sailing and I have to admit that it was ridiculously fun. Its funny because if I don't finish first in Forza I feel like a loser, but working my way up to 8th from last on Watkins Glen last night was the most fun and most rewarding race I've had in weeks.

And I'm sorry, but I disagree with anyone that says that PCARS takes more work to play than FM6. Every single car needs a massive amount of setup work just to try to get around the track where as with PCARS I can basically just go onto the FFB settings site and have a very driveable car. Maybe that's why I'm not placing higher, but other than a few tire pressure adjustments the car is good.
Umm a sim is supposed to take time to set your car up.Thats what its all about.Otherwise its arcade.Youve been playing forza for weeks but you really dont like it?Oxy moron I suppose.This posts to me feels like you like forza but you are trying to appease the project cars fan boys.Its ok to like both games btw.

Ixoye56
16-12-2015, 14:56
Haha, how long does it take to learn basic left hand turning in an egg shape? Are you sure you should be playing games like this if you can't master that?

:cool:

I understand that you've never played a NASCAR game ;)

STEELJOCKEY
17-12-2015, 20:23
Can we update the OP?

Since the latest patch with improved tyre model (in my opinion), and the addition of companion app, GOD THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!

Wonder if there are any other console racing games out there with this level of support and awesome additions out there?

AdM1
17-12-2015, 20:48
Wonder if there are any other console racing games out there with this level of support and awesome additions out there?

You'll be happy to hear the answer is yes, and to top it even more the game is practically bug free.

nissan4ever
17-12-2015, 21:22
Can we update the OP?

Since the latest patch with improved tyre model (in my opinion), and the addition of companion app, GOD THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!

No other game on console has this support or companion apps that take the game to a whole new level :)

No other game (looking at AdM1).

Haiden
17-12-2015, 21:38
You'll be happy to hear the answer is yes, and to top it even more the game is practically bug free.

Yeah... and you love that other game so much that you spend a good deal of time on the PCars forum. Wait...what? Why aren't you playing that other game? You know...the one that doesn't have dynamic weather, time transitions, adjustable FoV, companion apps, real engine sounds, no canned effects, and a f-ton of tracks. I mean...it's practically bug-free, so why are you here?

AdM1
17-12-2015, 22:22
Haha this is hilarious! Oh if only project cars worked how it should then I'd be all for that opinion.. I come here hoping for good news I guess all I see is new pointless gimmicky features and still a bugged game.

nissan4ever
17-12-2015, 22:26
Haha this is hilarious! Oh if only project cars worked how it should then I'd be all for that opinion.. I come here hoping for good news I guess all I see is new pointless gimmicky features and still a bugged game.

You should play it on my console. I don't experience those bugs. #fact

AdM1
17-12-2015, 22:29
If I really had to think of one thing I wish it had it would be the dynamic day/night and weather. Practically nothing else is missed by me.

I tried it recently again to see what the tyre temp fuss was all about and it just felt so clunky and unnatural with a pad.

AdM1
17-12-2015, 22:34

That makes it okay then lol.. I hope the devs know to stop with working on these bug fixes because nissan4ever version is bug free pmsl get a grip lad ;).

nissan4ever
17-12-2015, 22:37
That makes it okay then lol.. I hope the devs know to stop with working on these bug fixes because nissan4ever version is bug free pmsl get a grip lad ;).

I don't have set up save bug. When I do venture online, I don't get crashes to dashboard. I don't have sound bug. Game is stable. It is what it is.

Those add on apps are great additions that add even more immersion. Now like Haiden mentioned. Why do you bother even coming here anymore? I certainly don't bother going to that other games forums at all.

AdM1
17-12-2015, 22:48
I come on here because I want to see progress and would like the idea that if I wanted at some point I can play again problem free. Considering this is a public non paid forum I'm not really sure why I have to answer the question mind.

Roger Prynne
17-12-2015, 22:53
Stop trying to stir things up again AdM1.

Flat_out
17-12-2015, 22:53

I find it hard to believe that somehow you have the only magic copy of this game that's bug free on Xbox!

And I'm not saying this to get into some back and forward useless rant!

nissan4ever
17-12-2015, 22:55
I come on here because I want to see progress and would like the idea that if I wanted at some point I can play again problem free. Considering this is a public non paid forum I'm not really sure why I have to answer the question mind.

You come here to make smart aleck remarks.

nissan4ever
17-12-2015, 22:58
I find it hard to believe that somehow you have the only magic copy of this game that's bug free on Xbox!

There's other people who really don't have problems with the game as well. It's been said. Sucks that all Xbox One consoles don't play this the same. Some people still get stuck at opening start screen. Some have the worst possible sound bug. Some folks set ups don't save.

Then there are people who don't experience any of that.

Flat_out
17-12-2015, 22:59
There's other people who really don't have problems with the game as well. It's been said. Sucks that all Xbox One consoles don't play this the same. Some people still get stuck at opening start screen. Some have the worst possible sound bug. Some folks set ups don't save.

Then there are people who don't experience any of that.

Fancy a swap for a couple of weeks ;)

nissan4ever
17-12-2015, 23:02
Fancy a swap for a couple of weeks ;)

No, LOL. I would stream me playing, but I have terrible slow upload speed. Stream quality would be unacceptable (750kbps up. Twitch would do it at about 500kbps. Very blocky & laggy.).

Rockefelluh
17-12-2015, 23:49
I will say this is the first racing game in a long time I have not thought a single second about the next addition in the series. There may not be a lot of cars, but the combination of tracks and weather and tires etc. makes an insane amount of different situations. Keeps it fresh. This plus Dirt Rally will keep me happy for a while.

Haiden
18-12-2015, 00:53

I don't believe you. If you loved Forza as much as you say you do. You'd be in the Forza community and talking and racing with other like-minded people. You know...like the rest of us are doing here. Are you involved in the Forza community at all, or do you just hang out here? If you're cruising both, I'm jealous. All that, and time to play FM6. Nice!

I will say this is the first racing game in a long time I have not thought a single second about the next addition in the series. There may not be a lot of cars, but the combination of tracks and weather and tires etc. makes an insane amount of different situations. Keeps it fresh. This plus Dirt Rally will keep me happy for a while.

That's a great point. You're right. There are still a lot of cars I haven't got to yet, and tracks that I've only driven a handful of times. And I've been playing pretty hard since it released.

AdM1
18-12-2015, 02:37
I do visit this forum only to see if there's progress not for racing etc. I don't visit Forza forum because the game works..

Haiden
18-12-2015, 05:48
I do visit this forum only to see if there's progress not for racing etc. I don't visit Forza forum because the game works..

That's not the only reason to visit a community. Notice the title of this thread. You should start one on the FM6 forum.

grrrillapmp
18-12-2015, 12:24
A lot of people presenting opinion as fact in this thread.

Sankyo
18-12-2015, 12:58
A lot of people presenting opinion as fact on the internet.
FTFY ;)

AdM1
18-12-2015, 14:30
That's not the only reason to visit a community. Notice the title of this thread. You should start one on the FM6 forum.

Surely its up to me though? Lol. This is pretty funny, you do realise people can visit this forum for something else other than the community and racing aspect? Small minded much?

Really speaking you're just a bit butt hurt because I'm here voicing opinions that you don't agree with.

Ixoye56
18-12-2015, 14:35

You are right, he doesn't have the only magic copy of this game, i have one also, no major bugs at all ;)

TKMSte66
18-12-2015, 21:24
You are right, he doesn't have the only magic copy of this game, i have one also, no major bugs at all ;)

ME TOO!

Small sound glitch, which is so minimal I dont care, and a crash to Dashboard every now and then. Other games crash more.

Ixoye56
19-12-2015, 00:14
One minor bug I noticed is if I eg. driving a Clio Cup car in career and when i go back to my garage and there is another car than my Clio in there, the game will most likely Ctd when i try to change car, but if i instead go to free-practice and change my car from that menu, it will work ok.

Flat_out
19-12-2015, 00:34
So your games perfect apart from the sound glitch,oh and it crashes to dash!

SpeedFreakDTM
19-12-2015, 01:31
Lag and lag and some more lag when people join the lobby.

dont you guys get that?

Krus Control
19-12-2015, 02:24
Yeah and also when that Steam popup tells you people just signed on.

EMW Simmo
19-12-2015, 08:32
The difference between P Cars and Forza... P Cars is a great game with bugs/glitches, Forza has no bugs/glitches only one major fault the game itself...
You can polish a turd as much as you want but it will always be a turd, or you can take a turd covered diamond and polish it overtime.
But some people are just here to make up the numbers, where others are here to make a difference...theres always gonna be sheep,wolves n sheep dogs.

Haiden
19-12-2015, 14:31
The difference between P Cars and Forza... P Cars is a great game with bugs/glitches, Forza has no bugs/glitches only one major fault the game itself...
You can polish a turd as much as you want but it will always be a turd, or you can take a turd covered diamond and polish it overtime.
But some people are just here to make up the numbers, where others are here to make a difference...theres always gonna be sheep,wolves n sheep dogs.

And a only few will become Legend. :)

Surely its up to me though? Lol. This is pretty funny, you do realise people can visit this forum for something else other than the community and racing aspect? Small minded much?

Really speaking you're just a bit butt hurt because I'm here voicing opinions that you don't agree with.

LOL...I'm small minded? Well, if we compared post history, we'd see which one of us was. I've given both criticism and praise for the game since release. I'm well aware of it's faults and where it shines. We all know where you stand about the game. And yes...you can do whatever you want on the forum. I could also drive with my foot if I wanted to, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Don't worry. I understand, though. Freedom of choice can be a bit challenging for those that lack the wisdom of discretion. And, to be honest... I'm not butt hurt at all. I don't even care about you, dude. You're posts just get in the way, that's all. They're like clutter, or some sticky crap you find on the bottom of your shoe and wonder why someone didn't just chuck it into the garbage can where it belonged. Most people here, just wish you would go play FM6 and be happy. But...like I said, freedom of choice can be challenging for some.

Roger Prynne
19-12-2015, 14:55
Your wasting your breath Haiden as he's been banned.

iKasbian
19-12-2015, 15:56
The game is great, no doubt about it. I'm enjoying it much more now than when I started (I even sold my first copy).

For me theres 1 to many settings to wrestle with, the really shrewd guys with hours to spare have an advantage using/understanding them, but I suppose thats just the nature of the beast.

PTG Baby Cow
21-12-2015, 12:56

I dont have setup save issues. Rarely if ever get dashboarded. Game save has never been lost *knock on wood* when i set up my pit strategies it does what ive requested as long as I did indeed request it. I honestly never had many of the issues people are referring to. Ive been locked out of tt and community events a good few times but i think that was a server issue. Ive never had the issues with the ai that others have with them divebombing etc. To me they race pretty good however i dont enjoy racing them as much as i do racing people.

I honestly think alot of the issues people seem to have had, like the pit but applying incorrect setups is because the ui/ menu system is less than steller, but once one figures out how to navigate it and makes sure to do all the steps they should be doing prior to race start things seem to work pretty good.

The one major annoyance i have with the game is the huge framerate drops when people join a lobby or the lack of ability to join lobbies that are in the waiting room not on track. We have found a pretty easy work around, just setup an extra 5 min practice prior to private events to send out invites and allow people to join.

Flat_out
21-12-2015, 16:02
I dont have setup save issues. Rarely if ever get dashboarded. Game save has never been lost *knock on wood* when i set up my pit strategies it does what ive requested as long as I did indeed request it. I honestly never had many of the issues people are referring to. Ive been locked out of tt and community events a good few times but i think that was a server issue. Ive never had the issues with the ai that others have with them divebombing etc. To me they race pretty good however i dont enjoy racing them as much as i do racing people.

I honestly think alot of the issues people seem to have had, like the pit but applying incorrect setups is because the ui/ menu system is less than steller, but once one figures out how to navigate it and makes sure to do all the steps they should be doing prior to race start things seem to work pretty good.

The one major annoyance i have with the game is the huge framerate drops when people join a lobby or the lack of ability to join lobbies that are in the waiting room not on track. We have found a pretty easy work around, just setup an extra 5 min practice prior to private events to send out invites and allow people to join.

I'm glad your experience is good with the game.
The one major gripe I have is the dashboarding.It happens to me every time I play the game.
It usually happens in QRW when choosing a car.
Or in MP just as a race is about to start I can have it happen.

I'm not moaning just for the sake of it.I really do love the game,I just wish we could iron out these annoyances and make it truly great!

And just to add,I play this game almost every day of the week,for probably an hour or two and its the Dashboard that usually makes me turn it off.

PTG Baby Cow
21-12-2015, 17:37
Understand why you are complaining there are some annoyances still in the game for sure. I do occasionally (but rarely get dashboarded etc) but honestly in every game that i play online i get dashboarded. I only replied because I wanted to express that I am playing quite a stable copy of the game myself, so not sure what makes things differ but some of them do work quite well.

I think ms has a lot to do with issues, such as chat, dashboarding, lobby instability, etc. (not saying sms is fault free either) and potentially the new desktop has something to do with it.

bluesky0870
21-12-2015, 20:40
Understand why you are complaining there are some annoyances still in the game for sure. I do occasionally (but rarely get dashboarded etc) but honestly in every game that i play online i get dashboarded. I only replied because I wanted to express that I am playing quite a stable copy of the game myself, so not sure what makes things differ but some of them do work quite well.

I think ms has a lot to do with issues, such as chat, dashboarding, lobby instability, etc. (not saying sms is fault free either) and potentially the new desktop has something to do with it.

For example I have got no crashes to dashboard with no other game (COD BLOPS III, FM6, FIFA16, Neverwinter (completely online), AC Black Flag or Syndicate and some more), so I don't think it is an MS issue.
And the ctds started earlier than the new dashboard came alive.
Lobby instability is more a problem of p2p- connection instead of using dedicated servers, what may cause the ingame chat problems also.

bc525
22-12-2015, 19:40
I’ve pretty much moved on from PCars, but I still occasionally fire up the game for a couple offline races or maybe an online racing session. I will say the racing in PCars was leaps and bounds beyond anything that I had previously experienced on the Xbox console. That shouldn’t be forgotten – that I spent lots of hours with this game and it truly showed me how enjoyable a racing sim can be. I honestly feel that I got my money’s worth from PCars and the DLC that I purchased for it. So ultimately that’s a win in my book.

The real dagger for me was when my saved data file became unreadable (corrupted?) and I lost all of my career progress. The miscellaneous bugs and the early growing pains on the Xbox One console weren’t really major issues for me. I could work through those and tolerate them in order to get to the fantastic racing that the game could produce. But losing my single player career hit me harder than I thought it would, and I can clearly point to that moment as the beginning of the end for me. All of that effort progressing through career mode was just suddenly gone … poof!

I placed PCars on the gaming shelf in my entertainment center, and I moved on to other Xbox titles. It was a great run that did get cut shorter than I would’ve hoped. Yes, I’m interested in PCars2 and I’ll definitely follow its development. The first PCars showed so much potential that a sequel is absolutely going to be on my gaming radar.

Also a quick note specifically to oval racing, as Ian Bell mentioned in another thread getting the AI right is critical! Oval racing by its nature is intense, door-to-door, pack racing – and if the AI can’t function effectively in that arena then it won’t be enjoyable. If that means rewriting the engine to get it right, then I’m for pushing oval racing back to PCars2.