PDA

View Full Version : SMS-R Final: 24H Dubai: January 14 2016

Joseph Barron
10-12-2015, 15:57
We've just announced the first details for the SMS-R Driver Network Championship Final!

It will take pace in-game from January 14 2016, running alongside the Hankook 24H Dubai.

Get a sneak peak at the trophies and more details on the Project CARS eSports website!
http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/the-driver-network-cup-awaits

Kevin Leaune
10-12-2015, 18:07
Great job Andy and Joseph !

Joseph Barron
13-01-2016, 10:27
Hi everyone. Don't forget that the Final starts at midnight tomorrow! This will decide the team and driver championships as well as the season MVP - the top driver who is not in an eSports team.

Prizes include wheels, rims and pedals from Thrustmaster and an i7 Processor from NVidia. The trophies look pretty great too! The top 3 drivers for the season, the top team, and the MVP will all receive prizes.

You'll be racing the Ginetta G55 GT3 at Dubai Autodrome to sync up with the real-world Hankook 24H Dubai which runs this weekend.

More details are available on the Project CARS eSports website:
http://www.projectcarsesports.com/2015-final.html

Andy Tudor
14-01-2016, 14:56
The winner of the SMS-R Driver Network Championship and the MVP will now also get prepped for 4K and VR gaming by receiving the GeForce GTX 980 Ti graphics cards!

More info here! (http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/nvidia-to-get-sms-r-driver-network-championship-winners-4k-and-vr-ready)

Joseph Barron
15-01-2016, 07:50
The Final is now open!

Good luck everyone!

N0body Of The Goat
15-01-2016, 09:43
Weren't all Time Trial and Community Events supposed to use 1st March 2015 @ 1100? The final Dubai event is using 41C track temperature, using the standard day in Free Practice gives a 37C track temperature.

Was a 980Ti prize for the winner of the SMS-R Championship announced at or even before the championship start, to encourage players to participate with full commitment?

graveltrap
15-01-2016, 11:03
On the PS4 the weather is clear rather than light cloud (usual TT condition) does that explain the small temperature difference?

Bealdor
15-01-2016, 11:11
On the PS4 the weather is clear rather than light cloud (usual TT condition) does that explain the small temperature difference?

Edit: Misread above post.

Yes, clear weather means slightly higher temperature than light cloud.

mihalo
15-01-2016, 11:29

On the xbox it is also clear and 41C. In time trial (Dubai GP) it is light cloud and 37C.

graveltrap
15-01-2016, 11:31
The weather for the SMS-R event for me is clear, the weather in TT is light cloud as it should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MuZopy2RNY

GT-Club_Atho_
15-01-2016, 14:31
What happen if Sonik and I have the same number of points ?

Joseph Barron
15-01-2016, 16:15
What happen if Sonik and I have the same number of points ?

If you both have the same points at the end, the winner will be the driver who has finished ahead of their rival the most times during the season.

This only includes events which you have both competed in.

GT-Club_Atho_
15-01-2016, 16:21
If you both have the same points at the end, the winner will be the driver who has finished ahead of their rival the most times during the season.

This only includes events which you have both competed in.

Good to know thanks ;)

TSRacing_Racer
17-01-2016, 22:55
Hi

I want to warn the staff about the fact that there is again a HUGE difference of performance between PC and consoles. The TSR and Finpro are playing with the same car setup. And surprise ! 0.6 tenths gap ! The current best time on PS4 is 1.54.0. The best time of Finpro is 1.53.4.

There are 5 people in 1.53 on PC. No one on PS4. I don't know the standings on Xbox but I think it is nearly the same gap. Some guys from other teams have made some comparisons and it seems that the difference is obvious.

Thanks
Pierre

Joseph Barron
18-01-2016, 09:10
Hi

I want to warn the staff about the fact that there is again a HUGE difference of performance between PC and consoles. The TSR and Finpro are playing with the same car setup. And surprise ! 0.6 tenths gap ! The current best time on PS4 is 1.54.0. The best time of Finpro is 1.53.4.

There are 5 people in 1.53 on PC. No one on PS4. I don't know the standings on Xbox but I think it is nearly the same gap. Some guys from other teams have made some comparisons and it seems that the difference is obvious.

Thanks
Pierre

We will investigate. Please send us screenshots of your setup choices and of FinPro's. We need some evidence that you are running the same setup. Send these to me in a private message if you do not want the other teams to see this information.

Kevin Leaune
18-01-2016, 10:38
Hello everyone !

SDL_Mihalo (Xbox One) has realized a 1.53.7xx and can improve his lap .

Of the 985 players PC , there's only 3 players that make the difference with hard work and perseverance .

SDL_Mihalo is before PC drivers that are in 53.8 .

From our side, no problems reported

Joseph Barron
18-01-2016, 10:41
I have spoken to the development staff and we have determined the following.

- The current patch versions on PC and console are exactly the same.
- There are no differences between PC and console in the current physics code or tire model.
- Kevin's post above also proves that a 1:53 is possible on console.

Therefore the Final will continue to go ahead. However, please send any additional evidence you may have to me in a private message.

Danlunval
18-01-2016, 12:00
Yes, SDL Mihalo made 1:53,792 but in PC SDL Masa made 1:53,297. It´s still a difference of 0.5 tenths gap between PC and console...:(

Yinato
18-01-2016, 13:38
Hello,

I decided to write to you because I'm starting to really be angry.

It is now more than half a year we work on the SMS/R championship in order to achieve individual and team to win even our reduced to none the efforts all because of a platform difference.

My message will be clear and my specific request.

The difference between the PC and consoles is increasingly flagrant, our team worked hard for two weeks on the round of Dubai and yet we are very far from the PC time.

Our Atho pilot can successfully make over approximately 1.53:6xx realizing his perfect lap and after many hours of play when FinPro, our friend, is able to carry out several in an hour of play.

As you know, we cooperate with FinPro utlise that the PC platform and we exchange our regular configurations.

FinPro is very good pilot but never before have we had so much trouble approaching its time.
I also asked my friend Italian, Mixi player to achieve a time PS4 and PC with confugration of FinPro and effectively, it is fast more than 5/10 of PC equal configuration.
We lost a number of important points on the Willow Springs race because of the platform differences and this is repeated now in the round of Dubai.
I'll repeat myself but I'm open and honest person and I never liked to complain as I often here, though, I hate injustice and I will love, we would do losing unfairly.

@Andy, @Joe,

I respect you infinitely and I know you have always been present and available for the problems in the game.
I hope we will find a solution, perhaps by postponing the final with a round where the car setup will be banned, ie with the default settings.
I think the difference is not involved with the original setup and the problem lies somewhere in the temperature of the tires after setting changes.

Thank you for your understanding and will address best regards.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Joseph Barron
18-01-2016, 13:53
Hi Yinato.

Your points are valid and we understand your concern, however the code in the PC and console versions of the game is exactly the same. Therefore, if changes to car setup were having an effect on tire temperature or anything else, the effect would be exactly the same on both PC and console - especially if you are running the exact same setup on both platforms. There are currently no differences between the different platforms in terms of physics engine or tire model.

I also have not received any evidence yet from TS Racing to prove that you and FinPro are running exactly the same setup. You need to send screenshots of both your setups to me in a private message. Sending me a text list of your setup changes as Racer has done is not enough I'm afraid.

Andy and I will discuss your points together, but the Final will continue as normal until further notice. If Andy and I decide to make any changes or delays to the Final after our discussion, we will let you know immediately in the forums.

Kevin Leaune
18-01-2016, 14:01
As said Joseph, there is no difference.

SDL_Mihalo can 1.53.5xx realized on Xbox One.

It is currently only 1/10 TSRacing_Atho PC.

I think this is a technique of TSRacing team because they are not very effective on this round.

For example, the SDL team was not perfomante compared to PS4 players on the Round 11 and we not challenge the game.

Slux t0mamaS
18-01-2016, 14:26
Thank you Joseph for informations (and Kevin)

Kevin Leaune
18-01-2016, 15:20
I think this screenshot ranking Xbox could answer your questions.

SDL Mihalo - Xbox One - 1.53.560

Joseph Barron
18-01-2016, 15:49
In terms of track limits, please be careful all around the track. Especially at turns 7, 9, 12 & 15.

On PS4, only 4 drivers in the current top 10 have posted valid laps.

Use this circuit map if you're not sure which corners I've referred to above.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Dubai-autodrome.png

GT-Club_Atho_
18-01-2016, 16:04
Hello, I tested the game on PC for 1 hour and a half. The first thing that struck me is the fluidity of the game compared to the console version. The car felt much lighter and much easier to drive. There would be a physical difference until that updates be the same.
Next time level, the biggest difference is in the 2nd and 3rd sector, I always made 37.8 on PC while on PS4 I had to do 2 times 37.9. For 3rd sector .7 PC .9 on PS4. So I have a best time of 1.53.513 in 1:30 in the game. If i play all night I clearly have the opportunity to see 1.53.2 1.53.1 when fully on PS4 I only see a 53.7 53.6.

I'm not here to create problems but only have the fairest possible competition. Last week we had a very good battle with 4 pilots in 1 tenth. Today like on Willow we have deviations of more than 6/10 with the same setup. By accepting the inning on Willow you have already sentenced me in the standings. We are not talking only of victory but a title with more than € 1,000 winnings to boot. The feeling I have today is to be done robbed me and it's very hard to accept.

Joseph Barron
18-01-2016, 16:12
Atho - We are continuing to monitor the situation. I've spoken to Racer and FinPro to understand more detail about the setups you have used and we are keeping a constant eye on the leaderboards.

It is also worth noting the following:

FinPro has confirmed that his setup is not exactly the same as the one used by TSRacing on PS4. He says he used a "slightly modified" version of TSRacing's setup.

There is now a 1.53 lap on PS4, so I expect several more of these will appear before the event is over.

The overall pace of the top 20 PS4 drivers is also much faster than the top 20 drivers on PC. Although there are several 1.53 laps on PC, the drivers placed 12th and below are all slower than the entire PS4 top 20.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
18-01-2016, 18:26
The overall pace of the top 20 PS4 drivers is also much faster than the top 20 drivers on PC. Although there are several 1.53 laps on PC, the drivers placed 12th and below are all slower than the entire PS4 top 20.
There are usually many more entrants on PS4, so it makes sense that position X on PS4 will have a better time than position X on PC. A rough equivalency could be calculated by dividing the position by the number of entrants on that platform. For example 10/1000 = 0.01, while 20/3000 = .007. .007 < .01, so 20th of 3000 is relatively faster, and history has shown that 20th on PS4 typically has a faster lap time than 20th on PC.

In other words, while comparing the absolute fastest time on each platform makes sense with respect to equality and fairness, it doesn't necessarily make sense to compare positions farther down in the standings. All other things being equal, you're simply more likely to find 20 people who can do X:XX time out of a pool of 3000 than a pool of 1000.

gmspromo
18-01-2016, 19:07
It's like statistics ... 99% of the time, they are completely rubbish ;)

GT-Club_Atho_
18-01-2016, 20:00
Atho - We are continuing to monitor the situation. I've spoken to Racer and FinPro to understand more detail about the setups you have used and we are keeping a constant eye on the leaderboards.

It is also worth noting the following:

FinPro has confirmed that his setup is not exactly the same as the one used by TSRacing on PS4. He says he used a "slightly modified" version of TSRacing's setup.

There is now a 1.53 lap on PS4, so I expect several more of these will appear before the event is over.

Top 20 PS4 is faster but 8 of the 10 best lap are on PC...

This is the same situation than Willow Springs and you don't answer my questions why my times are better on PC than PS4 ?!

Joseph Barron
18-01-2016, 20:43
Top 20 PS4 is faster but 8 of the 10 best lap are on PC...

This is the same situation than Willow Springs and you don't answer my questions why my times are better on PC than PS4 ?!

There is no technical explanation that SMS can provide for why some PC players are faster in this event. Tire physics and general physics are exactly the same in all versions of the game, as we have confirmed several times already.

SMS staff have been monitoring the leaderboards and checking technical data all day long - myself included. There is nothing in the game's code to account for differences in laptime. You may continue to ask why times are better on PC - but at the moment we can only suggest that it is down to the drivers. At at technical level, all three versions of the game are exactly the same.

Additionally, your own PS4 laptime is now only 0.2s slower than your PC lap and you are also 0.3s faster than the earlier PC times which TSRacing_Racer originally asked us about.

I say again, we will continue to monitor the lap-times until the event is complete, but at the moment there is no technical data to suggest your concerns are caused by the game itself.

GT-Club_Atho_
18-01-2016, 20:53
There is no technical explanation that SMS can provide for why some PC players are faster in this event. Tire physics and general physics are exactly the same in all versions of the game, as we have confirmed several times already.

SMS staff have been monitoring the leaderboards and checking technical data all day long - myself included. There is nothing in the game's code to account for differences in laptime. You may continue to ask why times are better on PC - but at the moment we can only suggest that it is down to the drivers. At at technical level, all three versions of the game are exactly the same.

Additionally, your own PS4 laptime is now only 0.2s slower than your PC lap and you are also 0.3s faster than the earlier PC times which TSRacing_Racer originally asked us about.

I say again, we will continue to monitor the lap-times until the event is complete, but at the moment there is no technical data to suggest of any issues caused by the game itself.

3 Days on PS4 1.53.7 can't do better
1h30 on PC 1.53.5 with 2 tenths margin but yes i'm only 0.2 FASTER lol

This is no technical, physics is different on PC and you've to worry about that for the next championship to come and stop multiplatform.

beetes_juice
18-01-2016, 21:15
Just throwing my 2 cents into this (ignore if I sound looney :p):

If physics, code, etc are all the same, could time difference be due to input lag on consoles?

First thing I noticed when switching from xb1 to pc was the responsiveness with my wheel on my pc. Consoles test in at around 80-100ms. link (http://www.displaylag.com/console-latency-exploring-video-game-input-lag/).

gmspromo
18-01-2016, 21:27
I'm a bit scared to throw my two pennies worth in, but I will anyway.
I think what Athos is trying to say is he has tried everything he can on the PS4 version to get a better time on it than he has ... while when he had a go on the PC version, within a couple of hours he could better it and still thinks he has a couple of tenths in him. Is it down to pure hand eye co-ordination coupled with smoother frame rate on high spec PC's and/or less controller/steering wheel lag as beetes_juice mentioned above?

I did notice when TonyR was posting videos of the ESL Cup's in the Formula Gulfs, that the PC guys were putting in laps up to half a second quicker than any of those on the Xbox were ... and that was when SDL Sonic & Rotax were winning (on the Xbox!) AND default setups were enabled, so something has got to be causing the time difference, even if you say you are 100% SURE it isn't the code? Is it frame rate issues at specific tracks? With all the patches you have put out, there have been specific issues addressed on consoles that haven't needed addressing on the PC, will any of those be having an effect?

At the end of the day, unless something obvious (or obscure) is discovered, for the 2nd Drivers Network Championship, you might need to run the three platforms separately to avoid arguments...

Andy Tudor
18-01-2016, 22:31
Hey all,

It's the final hours of the championship right now and we're watching eagerly all times being posted.

Currently, the Top 15 is a healthy mix of drivers from all three platforms.

PC times currently lead the top Xbox One times by just 00:00.360 and having reviewed the current ghost laps there are plenty of places for console players to improve as some of the corners have been taken quite conservatively. Whilst track boundaries must be adhered to, some additional attack here would see the small discrepancy nullified and even reversed.

NB.. Atho's current time is not valid due to being wide on T15 so I'd encourage that to be fixed in the remaining time.

Th3Pr0ph3cy
18-01-2016, 22:44
Took me ages to find a suitable setup for the Ginetta G55 GT3. The first laps were just frustrating... but at least I managed to drive a 1:55:941 with my new Thrustmaster T300RS. After all I am satisfied with a 17th Place especially keeping in mind that I have the Wheel only 3 weeks. Who ever might be interested ... the lap is on my YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLtqM6ohhLI

Andy Tudor
18-01-2016, 23:32
30 MINUTE WARNING!

Drivers still with invalid times...

Atho and JP02 from Team Shark Racing - both wide on T15

Gturbo from Starlux who's wide on T6

Machine and M Power from Starlux who are both wide on a few turns

Andy Tudor
19-01-2016, 00:02
Aaaaaaaaand... Season One is now complete!

Well done to all drivers - there were really fast times posted by SDL, TSR, Starlux, VIKING, and independent drivers who all contributed to an extremely competitive season.

Our formal review and adjudication process will now start and we aim to get the results back to you as soon as possible.

Kevin Leaune
19-01-2016, 00:10
Thank you for this really great season one !

Kevin Leaune
19-01-2016, 00:16
SDL Mihalo - 1.53.377 - XBOX ONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpdV4V_LImE&feature=youtu.be

mihalo
19-01-2016, 00:18
Edit: Ninja'd by Kevin :D

Thank you everyone for season one! Keep it going.

Ryzza5
19-01-2016, 02:43
Are PS4 players concerned about small performance differences playing on a LCD TV or gaming monitor? i.e. a PC player could theoretically play at up to 144 FPS/Hz with a <5ms response time. While the game runs at up to 60FPS on PS4 the TV could possibly reduce that (i.e. 50Hz or less). Response time could also be much higher.

Higher specs in this regard will certainly make it easier to get fast clean laps in more consistently over a shorter period of practice time.

Alan Dallas
19-01-2016, 03:12
Are PS4 players concerned about small performance differences playing on a LCD TV or gaming monitor? i.e. a PC player could theoretically play at up to 144 FPS/Hz with a <5ms response time. While the game runs at up to 60FPS on PS4 the TV could possibly reduce that (i.e. 50Hz or less). Response time could also be much higher.

Higher specs in this regard will certainly make it easier to get fast clean laps in more consistently over a shorter period of practice time.
I too would suspect the minute differences are hardware based. Most PC hardware being used is a generation or 2 beyond PS4/Xbone already. There's a lot to be said for hardware latency.

GT-Club_Atho_
19-01-2016, 07:28
My ps4 lap is valid.

Slux t0mamaS
19-01-2016, 09:17
My ps4 lap is valid.

Only SDL lap are valid, it's not a news :)

Don't worry for next season Atho, Slux will help you in order to have fair competition !

Joseph Barron
19-01-2016, 10:02
My ps4 lap is valid.

You will need to provide screenshots and/or video to us to confirm this. I watched your ghost and you were well wide in Turn 15, the penultimate corner. The ghost had two wheels on the rumble strip and two on the green run-off area. It was not touching the white lines on the edge of the tarmac.

Danootje
19-01-2016, 10:08
where can I find the results where not all valid drivers are excluded from the PS4?

Joseph Barron
19-01-2016, 10:22
where can I find the results where not all valid drivers are excluded from the PS4?

As with all SMS-R events we are now processing the results, and then we will post the overall top 20 drivers from PS4, XB1 & PC on our eSports website (http://www.projectcarsesports.com/). This will only include valid lap-times.

If you want to see the full leaderboards, including laps which may have been invalid, you can do so by going into the Community Events screen in the game. This will show you all of the times for your platform.

GT-Club_Atho_
19-01-2016, 13:14
Here's my replay i think it's clear i'm not out !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_VoYl6wGUE

Now i would like to take the attention of every one and particulary the staff. Take a look on the 2 replays, mine first and Mihalo after. Check the full lap and after check the speed differences at every corner, check the 1st 2nd and 3rd sector time and the 4 tenth differences at the end. Do you really think there's a difference of 4 tenths on mihalo's lap and mine just on seeing them ? I don't think so. This would explain there's a problem somewhere...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v925SpgCymk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpdV4V_LImE

mihalo
19-01-2016, 13:31
I have to say that at first I thought that there is difference between PC and consoles. Two days ago I was sure that I will not be able to do under 1.54 but yesterday somehow I was able to do 1.53.7 then 1.53.5 and with little setup changes 1.53.3. Before the event my best lap was 1.54.8 so I did improve by 1.5 sec during the event.

Also I used shorter gearing ratio than Atho so maybe that's the difference in cornering speed.

But I really hope that this gets sorted out so we can do season 2 without problems.

Edit: If Joseph or Andy wants my setup for tests I can share it.

Joseph Barron
19-01-2016, 13:49
Thank you for the video, Atho. We will check the footage.

Results for the Final will not be posted until tomorrow - to give us time to check all of our calculations and review additional evidence such as Atho's.

Mihalo - feel free to send your setup information to me in a private message.

Kevin Leaune
19-01-2016, 14:03
Same here .

By dint of working on the setup of the car, we found the best compromise for with a perfect setting !

Drive39
19-01-2016, 14:03
pour la saison 2 , je pense qu'il serait plus equitable de classer les joueurs ps4 ? XBOX et pc par support et a la fin du championnat ce sera celui qui a le plus de points qui sera titré
au moins pas de polemique et encore bravo a Atho pour ce championnat

Kevin Leaune
19-01-2016, 14:13
I think he must stop saying that there's a difference between the platform !

If we take the ranking of the top 3 of the round there's one console players who ranks second !

At first, they said there was a difference between PC and console and now it would be the PS4 would be slower .... LOL!

There's one week at Silverstone , it was no problem to TSRacing when they were fighting for the win!

Just look at the PS4 standings to see that there's the same drivers that are faster than them on this round!

Why you still are questioning the game?

The TSRacing challenge you may be concerned about your setups !

Yorkie065
19-01-2016, 14:54
Here's my replay i think it's clear i'm not out !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_VoYl6wGUE

Now i would like to take the attention of every one and particulary the staff. Take a look on the 2 replays, mine first and Mihalo after. Check the full lap and after check the speed differences at every corner, check the 1st 2nd and 3rd sector time and the 4 tenth differences at the end. Do you really think there's a difference of 4 tenths on mihalo's lap and mine just on seeing them ? I don't think so. This would explain there's a problem somewhere...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v925SpgCymk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpdV4V_LImE

I'm going to say having just watched the two videos, one after the other and without sounds, straight away I can see there is a fairly significant difference in lines used through a number of corners. Even without pausing on each apex, braking point and comparing speeds, sector times or whatever, I can see that there can be 4 tenths difference between the two lap times. This has always been the thing that's in my mind having been reading your comments over time, on a potential difference between platforms and SMS reporting back saying there is no difference in code. Are these laps you're doing on one platform and then another EXACTLY the same as each other? And I'm talking inch perfect to everything; braking, apex's, lines, acceleration points, steering inputs. I bet the answer is no, and a missed apex here or there, slightly earlier or later on the brakes can be all that is needed to get this difference in time you talk about. Add on top the potential conditions, not necessarily time of day and track temperature, but more tyre temps and pressures on your fastest lap on each platform, tyre wear levels, brake temps. These things are dynamic, and the likelyhood of those being the same at the same points on the same lap in your runs on the two platforms are extremely low! Basically, to me it seems like you're trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat when there is no rabbit.

Kevin Leaune
19-01-2016, 16:52
You will need to provide screenshots and/or video to us to confirm this. I watched your ghost and you were well wide in Turn 15, the penultimate corner. The ghost had two wheels on the rumble strip and two on the green run-off area. It was not touching the white lines on the edge of the tarmac.

Since when can validate a time with an onboard camera video?

What is the ghosts on the classification in this case!

It's too easy !

Daynja
20-01-2016, 17:08
Good grief, how are you not blowing your engine, or breaking the gearbox, changing down like that?

Fabian Baumgarten
20-01-2016, 17:59
hey.
congratulations to all the winners!

one important question: as the MVP, do i get a physical trophy? that would be very, very awesome and make me a very happy smiling guy! :D

something in the size of the 24h Le Mans trophy would be nice ;)

Joseph Barron
20-01-2016, 18:02
hey.

one important question: as the MVP, do i get a physical trophy? that would be very, very awesome and make me a very happy smiling guy! :D

You do get a physical trophy :D And a whole load of other stuff!

Please check the sticky thread about the Final results (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44195-SMS-R-2015-FINAL-RESULTS) for more details. You also need to message me your address and preferred prizes. It's all explained in the other thread.

GT-Club_Atho_
20-01-2016, 18:31
hey.

Congratulations Schumi :D

Danlunval
20-01-2016, 21:36
https://k60.kn3.net/C/D/4/C/2/1/704.jpg