PDA

View Full Version : Please Correct this Shifter Issue SMS.

wanganrider
10-12-2015, 21:08
Hello,
I wanted to address an issue that i have been having every since the first update from SMS. This is a car specific issue and i don't know who to talk to to get this fixed but it needs to. I have the Fanatec CSWB V2 with the clubsport 7 speed gated shifter. The issue is as follows. Whenever i am driving a GT car and i use the shifter it will randomly miss 5th, 6th and sometimes 3rd gear. At first I thought maybe it was the shifter until I remembered that i didn't have this issue prior to the first update sms did. Whenever i get a car that doesn't have a sequential gearbox the shifter works as it should and I have tried it in other games like Forza 6 and 5 and it works perfectly. It has been said that i should just drive the car with the paddle shifters on the wheel which by the way work fine but i really like driving with a gated shifter and prior to the first update i was able to do so on all cars if i chose to. Please SMS take a look at this issue and at least put the shifting back to the point where if i want to drive a GT car with clutch and shifter i can without it compromising my driving experience.

TheReaper GT
10-12-2015, 21:15
So you want to drive a sequencial car with H pattern shift?

wanganrider
10-12-2015, 21:35
So you want to drive a sequencial car with H pattern shift?

That is correct. Prior to the first patch you could do so. Why even have clutch options if you cant drive with it on all cars? It is just something that needs tightening up as you can do it but it just randomly misses shifts at time.

TheReaper GT
10-12-2015, 21:39
That is correct. Prior to the first patch you could do so. Why even have clutch options if you cant drive with it on all cars? It is just something that needs tightening up as you can do it but it just randomly misses shifts at time.

Well, seems to me like it was wrong before. The car is sequencial, you should have to use a sequencial box, either paddle or sequencial shifter. The clutch options exists because those cars still have manually operated clutches, some with a pedal, some with a button in the wheel. They need it to launch..

wanganrider
10-12-2015, 23:10
Well, seems to me like it was wrong before. The car is sequencial, you should have to use a sequencial box, either paddle or sequencial shifter. The clutch options exists because those cars still have manually operated clutches, some with a pedal, some with a button in the wheel. They need it to launch..

Funny thing is though if you do this opposite then it works fine. In other words cars that have clutch or auto only you can drive with paddle shifters. So if you are trying to build a case for it being accurate its not but thats not the point. The point is those cars with sequentials are driveable but its glitchy and needs to be fixed

Schnizz58
10-12-2015, 23:16
Funny thing is though if you do this opposite then it works fine. In other words cars that have clutch or auto only you can drive with paddle shifters.
Unfortunately it has to be that way because not everybody has a shifter.

Fanapryde
10-12-2015, 23:17
Funny thing is though if you do this opposite then it works fine. In other words cars that have clutch or auto only you can drive with paddle shifters. So if you are trying to build a case for it being accurate its not but thats not the point. The point is those cars with sequentials are driveable but its glitchy and needs to be fixed
You can, but you don't have to.
Drive all cars as like they are supposed to be driven IRL, and you're fine, the game lets you do exactly that.
The other options are for people who don't have an extra shifter, or who like to drive automatic.
I really don't see what you want SMS to solve here ?

TheReaper GT
11-12-2015, 00:07

There's no funny thing here, just facts. You've asked why the clutch option on sequential cars and I have explained to you, those cars have a clutch pedal. About the gears, again, you are not supposed to drive a sequencial car with a H pattern, just because you are not supposed to. And the other way around works because not everybody has a H shifter or even a wheel. There's nothing to be fixed. If you have all the tools to drive the cars in the correct way and you prefer to drive them the other way around, the problem is not on the game side.

wanganrider
11-12-2015, 05:13
I don't agree with your opinions so lets leave it here. I posted my issue to sms if you dont agree fine but again any way you cut it its not like IRL and you shouldn't be forced to drive a car a certain way. So if you dont agree or as the user above you said you dont see what should be fixed then good because i wasnt asking you to fix it anyway. I was asking sms to adjust the option and make it tighter. Its not like the option isn't there it simply needs to be patched. Thus my post topic said "sms please fix this". I don't want this to be a flame war and yes it is Funny that you mention realism but are ok with cars that aren't sequential being driven as such but when i ask for the reverse you want to talk realism. Finally i didn't ask for a clutch option i asked that i can drive a sequential gearboxed gt car with my H pattern shifter. Even with auto clutch on its glitchy so i am asking that weather i am driving with an H pattern shifter or not when i shift to 5th it should go to 5th and not skip shifts.

wyldanimal
11-12-2015, 15:36
There's no funny thing here, just facts. You've asked why the clutch option on sequential cars and I have explained to you, those cars have a clutch pedal. About the gears, again, you are not supposed to drive a sequencial car with a H pattern, just because you are not supposed to. And the other way around works because not everybody has a H shifter or even a wheel. There's nothing to be fixed. If you have all the tools to drive the cars in the correct way and you prefer to drive them the other way around, the problem is not on the game side.

It's a BUG and Needs to be fixed.

SMS changed how the Sequential Cars Shifted if you use the H pattern Shiffter.

It is supposed to Step through all the gears to get to the selected gear.

Example: I shift the H pattern from 3rd to 6th

It should step to 4th , 5th, then to 6th. Just like if I had Sequentially shifted.

If I down shift from 6th to 1st with the H patteren
it should step through them..
5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

But it's Bugged, and sometimes it skips over Gears...

Why Don't you recognize it as a Proper BUG report, Instead of Making arguments, DON'T do it that way..

SMS released the Patch Notes of How it should work. It Doesn't, It's a BUG..

Casey Ringley
11-12-2015, 16:05
Can't repro here, it's stepping through each gear perfectly for me. (engine popped on the last 6th-1st change :)) Do you guys have more details on how to reproduce the issue?

wanganrider
11-12-2015, 20:36
It's a BUG and Needs to be fixed.

SMS changed how the Sequential Cars Shifted if you use the H pattern Shiffter.

It is supposed to Step through all the gears to get to the selected gear.

Example: I shift the H pattern from 3rd to 6th

It should step to 4th , 5th, then to 6th. Just like if I had Sequentially shifted.

If I down shift from 6th to 1st with the H patteren
it should step through them..
5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

But it's Bugged, and sometimes it skips over Gears...

Why Don't you recognize it as a Proper BUG report, Instead of Making arguments, DON'T do it that way..

SMS released the Patch Notes of How it should work. It Doesn't, It's a BUG..

Thank you. I appreciate your comments and understanding. It's really sad when I post something that's obviously a bug and instead of getting support I get folks who want to argue and talk to me about realism.

wanganrider
11-12-2015, 20:38
Can't repro here, it's stepping through each gear perfectly for me. (engine popped on the last 6th-1st change :)) Do you guys have more details on how to reproduce the issue?

I will try to put up a video Casey but its random. It happens really with the GT cars more so than any. It acts like it doesn't recognize the gear and instead of going to 6th the shift indicator in game shows a black hypen like this - .

wyldanimal
12-12-2015, 02:00

Casey, Thanks for Acknowledging that the team is taking a look at it.

For me, it happens so infrequently, that there is no pattern I can suggest.
I don't use the Shifter Often, but the few time I do, there's always that one time, when it glitches.
Stats, of the 10 times that I have driven and used the shifter, maybe 10 out of a couple hundred shifts it glitched.

So it's a very small occurrence for me, but it is there.
No, they weren't missed shifts. Yes I do make shifting mistakes.
but these are times I know I was in the right Gear, but it glitched and skipped a shift.

It's not Game braking, because the very next shift it works again..
but it could cost you in a competitive race.

EDIT: Also, I'm using Auto Clutch, I'm not manually pressing a clutch Pedal.
Auto Clutch, a car with a sequential gear box, and selecting the desired gear on the H Pattern shifter.
Most of the time it works it's way through the sequence till the final gear is selected.

Sometimes it skips a gear, and it gets stuck there, till you shift again.
So I might have gone for a downshift from 5th to 1st,
it shifted to 4th, and it skipped over 3rd and stopped in 2nd.
Never making it to 1st.
Next Shift, it's good to go..
maybe for another hundred or so shifts..

Wish I could be of more help, but all I can add is that It happens for me, so I'm just adding my concerns to the list.

PS. I'm using my T300 with the TH8A currently..
even though my SIG says G29

wanganrider
14-12-2015, 14:27
Casey, Thanks for Acknowledging that the team is taking a look at it.

For me, it happens so infrequently, that there is no pattern I can suggest.
I don't use the Shifter Often, but the few time I do, there's always that one time, when it glitches.
Stats, of the 10 times that I have driven and used the shifter, maybe 10 out of a couple hundred shifts it glitched.

So it's a very small occurrence for me, but it is there.
No, they weren't missed shifts. Yes I do make shifting mistakes.
but these are times I know I was in the right Gear, but it glitched and skipped a shift.

It's not Game braking, because the very next shift it works again..
but it could cost you in a competitive race.

EDIT: Also, I'm using Auto Clutch, I'm not manually pressing a clutch Pedal.
Auto Clutch, a car with a sequential gear box, and selecting the desired gear on the H Pattern shifter.
Most of the time it works it's way through the sequence till the final gear is selected.

Sometimes it skips a gear, and it gets stuck there, till you shift again.
So I might have gone for a downshift from 5th to 1st,
it shifted to 4th, and it skipped over 3rd and stopped in 2nd.
Never making it to 1st.
Next Shift, it's good to go..
maybe for another hundred or so shifts..

Wish I could be of more help, but all I can add is that It happens for me, so I'm just adding my concerns to the list.

PS. I'm using my T300 with the TH8A currently..
even though my SIG says G29

Exactly or for me it is always 3rd and 6th. When i shift to them it misses the shift completely and is in neutral revving with a hyphen on the indicator and this is on auto clutch as well.