PDA

View Full Version : MP still not working after all this time on XBOX? Really?

luminox
12-12-2015, 16:48
I've been a huge fan of this company since GTR2..but I'm exhausted.

After all of this time, the game still has way too many issues. MP is a joke. IF IT WORKS, it's ok. But it hardly ever does.

Is this game just too complicated for the developers? Were they overreaching? I had about 20 of my coworkers buy this game with me, and after reading all of the hype, told them it was going to be amazing. Now they just laugh at the whole experience, and 99% gave up on it.

Why is this the ONLY game I've ever played on the XBOX One with these major problems, and for so long? BF4 had issues, but the company was smart enough to fire most of the employees and move it to DICE LA. The game has been fantastic ever since.

PC2? Really? Why even shift some of the effort and time to that? Why not take EVERYTHING you have to fix this game?

Exhausted

EMW Reaper
12-12-2015, 16:57
I've just been racing in MP for the last 2 hrs BMW 320TC and we must have had about 12 races with 10 to 12 people racing no problem. It was great!!! We kicked one guy in all that time

luminox
12-12-2015, 17:03
Did they fix something??

2pfspiff
12-12-2015, 22:10
If you had a bunch of people at work buy the game then set up an online league with them. It's private so you wouldn't have to worry about the idiots that like to crash into you.

luminox
13-12-2015, 02:01
Had to get back on here tonight, and say how amazing the game was. Something was definitely fixed with the servers tonight. Everything ran smoothly. Had a lot of games with 16 players and ran like butter. AMAZING!!!

rtazz17
13-12-2015, 21:38
Had to get back on here tonight, and say how amazing the game was. Something was definitely fixed with the servers tonight. Everything ran smoothly. Had a lot of games with 16 players and ran like butter. AMAZING!!!

Dont get used to it.Sorry to say.

smokinmasta
14-12-2015, 08:24
I really dont know what game some people are playing as i have no trouble. PC version is better for randomn people but on my Xbox version (most freinds have this version :( ) weve just finished our 2nd series. Most issues we've had have been Xbox fckin live related where even the party crashes. I'd aim MP issues at the poxy console makers :(

Spiny Anteater
14-12-2015, 17:54
I really dont know what game some people are playing as i have no trouble. PC version is better for randomn people but on my Xbox version (most freinds have this version :( ) weve just finished our 2nd series. Most issues we've had have been Xbox fckin live related where even the party crashes. I'd aim MP issues at the poxy console makers :(

I'd have to second this. While not perfect, the online has been far more stable both in terms of lag and lobbies not lunching themselves than they were in FM5. I can't compare to FM6 - after loving FM1 to FM4, FM5 has put me right off and I've not bought the 6th version.

Unfortunately, it's been my general experience that the Xbox One Live experience has been quite poor in general, certainly a step down from that on the 360. Not sure if this is down to the newer games trying to transmit more data between players or some other issue, but it definitely feels like a step backwards across the board.

Beltoon
15-12-2015, 07:39
We've had problems with our private racing league since day one. We give it a go every week but hadn't had a race day where everyone could join without problems. Random dc's and bugged start (half of the cars spawn in the pit and we have to abandon the lobby) are common problems. We keep coming back because the physics are awesome, the servers are quite pathetic unfortunately...

staer90
15-12-2015, 08:02
since it came out in 1000 and despite the patch, the multy is unplayable, usually the problem when another player connects the video freezes for a few seconds. you know, the version ps4 has the same problem or not?

Beltoon
15-12-2015, 10:08
I have no idea. Every patch they seem to ignore the big problems and work on small things that have little influence on the game. I used to enjoy the game but since 6.0 they've made that quite a task.

Raven403
15-12-2015, 11:08
We've had problems with our private racing league since day one. We give it a go every week but hadn't had a race day where everyone could join without problems. Random dc's and bugged start (half of the cars spawn in the pit and we have to abandon the lobby) are common problems. We keep coming back because the physics are awesome, the servers are quite pathetic unfortunately...

What sucks, is the MP in this game, and the Game itself have led to such a falloff for our league that this is our last season on Xbox, we just cant keep attendance up. The P2P Multiplayer was a mistake imo, and that isnt going to change no matter how much work poor Mike puts into it, if someone joins with bad Ping, everyone has to deal with a car jumping all over the place wrecking other racers. In a public lobby there is no way to control that, in our league we've had to tell people they cant race if the connection isnt reliable, it sucks. With a better Server setup everyone would be pinging to one location, not running through everyone elses connection in the lobby, and it would be so much easier. I also think some of the blame for the online experience does have to fall on Microsoft's shoulders as well, but since the new Dash things have improved some. Either way I think people should really just consider that Pcars MP is what it is, and Despite Mike's best efforts Im not sure how much more it can improve.

Also, something is definitely wrong sometimes in lobbies. Sometimes when a session advances, my TX will Lock at a 20 Degree angle, it corrects when I leave the Garage but the FFB changes from session to session sometimes, and I dont really know why or how that even happens but something in the online experience is corrupting the signal to the wheel.

luminox
15-12-2015, 18:44
Ya, I have to say, things are back to where we can't play it. When we try and join a game, it either shows the information from the last session we tried. (i.e. showing us Monza, when it should show the track of Donnington like what the actual room is in) It's like it's old information that can't be refreshed. Then it won't show the "start session in progress"

It's so hard to even get in a game now. So frustrating.

STEELJOCKEY
15-12-2015, 20:25
Most of the multiplayer issues will be internet related, whether your own modem/router, ISP, distance to host and other players, or M$ live service.

The first two you can fix, the third you can avoid by running a league with friends close to you, the last is out of your control, and most likely where most of the problems arise.

Examples of the last, Sunday night, M$ servers crash, our whole league became unplayable and unconnectable to each other, and at least another in an FM league running at the same time crashed out. Last night (Tuesday) in a random multiplayer, 7 laps in to an 8 lap race, the host quit, host server migration fails and everyone is thrown out.

Yet Monday night the races ran flawless in our league. We were all using the same equipment from Sunday night, same variety of ISP's, same distance between us of up to 4000km apart, only difference was M$ servers fine on Monday, but sh!te on Sunday.

Flat_out
15-12-2015, 23:48
Just had another crash to dash trying to "return to pit" in MP.:mad:

Flat_out
15-12-2015, 23:50
Most of the multiplayer issues will be internet related, whether your own modem/router, ISP, distance to host and other players, or M$ live service.

The first two you can fix, the third you can avoid by running a league with friends close to you, the last is out of your control, and most likely where most of the problems arise.

Examples of the last, Sunday night, M$ servers crash, our whole league became unplayable and unconnectable to each other, and at least another in an FM league running at the same time crashed out. Last night (Tuesday) in a random multiplayer, 7 laps in to an 8 lap race, the host quit, host server migration fails and everyone is thrown out.

Yet Monday night the races ran flawless in our league. We were all using the same equipment from Sunday night, same variety of ISP's, same distance between us of up to 4000km apart, only difference was M$ servers fine on Monday, but sh!te on Sunday.

I'm sorry but this is the worst MP experience in many a year and game.Its pathetic.
Oh and when it's not working I can play MP on all the other games I own no problem

luminox
16-12-2015, 03:54
Can anyone think of a game with more MP issues? I remember BF4 had a few, but they were resolved within a couple of months.

nemo06
16-12-2015, 07:27
When we try and join a game, it either shows the information from the last session we tried. (i.e. showing us Monza, when it should show the track of Donnington like what the actual room is in)

Yes, this is what happens to me always.

Beltoon
16-12-2015, 07:34
Quite similar to the MP launch of Halo MCC. Which was a disaster.

Pbucko
16-12-2015, 09:47
Everybody who plays games knows p2p servers cause more problems than are solved. The manufacturers of the games know this. But p2p is the cheapest option and max profits. I have a new policy with games now especially after this one, if it runs on p2p multiplayer I'm not buying it. It's as simple as that, p2p = grief. Before any body comes back and says battlefield and mcc were bad, yes they was but the problems were mended, because you can mend dedicated servers you can't mend p2p and as people say one person joins with a bad connection you're all had it. That's why a play forza now and only have the odd go on pcars, I'm not interested in career I only bought it for the multiplayer and well all I can say is it's been a disappointment.

Dan77 DESTROYER
17-12-2015, 15:49
I've noticed it get progressively worse since patch 5.0, cars don't feel the same and still don't feel completely right, the connection issues on multiplayer is becoming behond frustrating now because it's worse than before, it seems every patch makes that side of the game worse not better lately.

luminox
17-12-2015, 16:00
Ya, absolutely. There was a patch (I believe 5.0), that it worked pretty well. Now, it's so bad, it's unplayable again. How can this be possible? WHO ON EARTH WOULD ORDER PROJECT CARS 2???

Rockefelluh
17-12-2015, 16:32
Quite similar to the MP launch of Halo MCC. Which was a disaster.

Oh come on, not even close. You couldn't even get into a game on that one.

AdM1
17-12-2015, 20:50
I'm sorry but this is the worst MP experience in many a year and game.Its pathetic.
Oh and when it's not working I can play MP on all the other games I own no problem

Yeah but internet - Fanboys

Raven403
18-12-2015, 15:48
Ill say this, Im pretty sure anyone expecting any kind of change or improvement to the way Pcars1 works in MP on Xbox is gonna be disappointed. Unless somehow they add the ability for Xbox to utilize DS's (not likely) then its gonna stay how it is. P2P works like a glorified LAN connection, and worse yet most Console users are playing on Wifi, which is horribly unreliable for P2P because of the latency spikes.

In response to the "Why would anyone buy Pcars2?"

As is the case with pretty much everything 'New' or 'Redesigned' there is going to be a steep learning curve. Pcars1 on Xbox (Id say console but PS4 seems to have faired better) wasnt exactly a screaming success, especially in the MP Dept. But if nothing else it showed where the biggest problems were, and any Developer/Publisher would be absolutely insane not to improve those things in the following game. Now I know people are going to say SMS are incapable of doing that or dont care enough to, and I'd counter with well if they 'Dont Care' I hope they also 'Dont Care' about getting paid, because the studio would immediately go bust. Also, they have invaluable experience in "What not to do next time" most likely when it comes to the Consoles. In playing the game on PC its shown me the value of having proper testing ans feedback on something, something the Xbox version didnt get, (Other than the QA firm they used, who I picture are a bunch of stoned teenagers looking at the main menu then giving it a seal of approval) The Pc version had the masses of WMD to test it, alot, and the result was the PC version is a WAYYYY smoother and enjoyable experience.

SMS had a grand vision for what they wanted to achieve but the Tire Physics didnt leave much room for the Consoles to run the game in next gen spec, one could argue it was OVERLY ambitious and came up short, that I'd give you.

Also, as much as SMS shouldve learned from the launch and issues on Consoles, so should the CONSUMER, i.e YOU. If your still 'Pre-ordering' games, then you havent learned a damn thing, and are the main reason a sequel game would be a turd, because your buying something before you even know what it is. My advice, dont Pre-Order Pcars2, No one should, No one should 'Pre-Order' any game these days, the industry has already shown they cant be trusted anymore to 'Pre-Order' something. But if Pcars comes out, and turns out to be a Marked improvement from Pcars1, why wouldnt someone buy it? Its a better game? Will you just boycott everything the Dev does for the rest of ones life just out of principle? Sounds like an overreaction to me.

Case in Point, forza 6, I bought every Forza before it, after FM5 I was a bit disappointed but League Racing kept me playing it (Also how it is with Pcars btw) but then the promos and releases started trickling out for FM6 and I just didnt like what I saw, and it was obvious the franchise was going away from what I truly wanted and I didnt buy it. Ive played it, Yes the Real game not just the Demo, and I still dont want it, Im just as happy playing FM4 on my 360. If FM7 is more of what I want from it, (and i even still play my Xbox), Id get it. Anyway this got longwinded but you get the point

luminox
19-12-2015, 21:36
Very well said.

Ill say this, Im pretty sure anyone expecting any kind of change or improvement to the way Pcars1 works in MP on Xbox is gonna be disappointed. Unless somehow they add the ability for Xbox to utilize DS's (not likely) then its gonna stay how it is. P2P works like a glorified LAN connection, and worse yet most Console users are playing on Wifi, which is horribly unreliable for P2P because of the latency spikes.

In response to the "Why would anyone buy Pcars2?"

As is the case with pretty much everything 'New' or 'Redesigned' there is going to be a steep learning curve. Pcars1 on Xbox (Id say console but PS4 seems to have faired better) wasnt exactly a screaming success, especially in the MP Dept. But if nothing else it showed where the biggest problems were, and any Developer/Publisher would be absolutely insane not to improve those things in the following game. Now I know people are going to say SMS are incapable of doing that or dont care enough to, and I'd counter with well if they 'Dont Care' I hope they also 'Dont Care' about getting paid, because the studio would immediately go bust. Also, they have invaluable experience in "What not to do next time" most likely when it comes to the Consoles. In playing the game on PC its shown me the value of having proper testing ans feedback on something, something the Xbox version didnt get, (Other than the QA firm they used, who I picture are a bunch of stoned teenagers looking at the main menu then giving it a seal of approval) The Pc version had the masses of WMD to test it, alot, and the result was the PC version is a WAYYYY smoother and enjoyable experience.

SMS had a grand vision for what they wanted to achieve but the Tire Physics didnt leave much room for the Consoles to run the game in next gen spec, one could argue it was OVERLY ambitious and came up short, that I'd give you.

Also, as much as SMS shouldve learned from the launch and issues on Consoles, so should the CONSUMER, i.e YOU. If your still 'Pre-ordering' games, then you havent learned a damn thing, and are the main reason a sequel game would be a turd, because your buying something before you even know what it is. My advice, dont Pre-Order Pcars2, No one should, No one should 'Pre-Order' any game these days, the industry has already shown they cant be trusted anymore to 'Pre-Order' something. But if Pcars comes out, and turns out to be a Marked improvement from Pcars1, why wouldnt someone buy it? Its a better game? Will you just boycott everything the Dev does for the rest of ones life just out of principle? Sounds like an overreaction to me.

Case in Point, forza 6, I bought every Forza before it, after FM5 I was a bit disappointed but League Racing kept me playing it (Also how it is with Pcars btw) but then the promos and releases started trickling out for FM6 and I just didnt like what I saw, and it was obvious the franchise was going away from what I truly wanted and I didnt buy it. Ive played it, Yes the Real game not just the Demo, and I still dont want it, Im just as happy playing FM4 on my 360. If FM7 is more of what I want from it, (and i even still play my Xbox), Id get it. Anyway this got longwinded but you get the point

Just Another Frog
20-12-2015, 10:05

Very well put indeed - but just one point regarding the above.

What you have to remember is that PCars went through an incredibly long community assisted/funded period before it's release and I think a lot of people thought it was safe to assume that, due to input from several thousand racing fans towards the creation of this game AND an absolute assurance from SMS (the pre-release comments from Ian Bell) they weren't going to make the same mistake as others by releasing a day one product in a non-working order, pre ordering this game shouldn't be beset with major issues and should be a pretty safe bet.
Sure, two of the three formats were by and large blessed with an incredibly good product but unfortunately the Xbox released wasn't blessed with the same good fortune and as a result I personally feel that anyone who expected a reasonably functioning XBox product and didn't get it is more than entitled to express his dismay to whoever, wherever and if in a polite manner, however they see fit.

So, overreacting? I think I may be inclined to disagree with you on that point - but just a little bit.