PDA

View Full Version : Urgent FFB help needed please

thegt500
13-12-2015, 18:39
Hi guys and girls,
I've got a major problem with my T300RS wheel that needs urgent help. I was having problems with pCARS and decided to delete my game save data as I've read it can help with glitches etc. Deleted the save data and that's when the problem started. When ever in the pit box or if I stop the car on track, my wheel spins 900 to the right and locks there until the cars moves. This is with any car on any track.
So, I then decided I must have corrupted data somewhere along the line and did a fresh installation of the game (digital edition) and re downloaded all data, DLC and updates. I thought it would cure this problem, but alas, no ever time I'm in pit box or stationary the wheel whips to the right and is stuck fast to the 900 lock stop. If I try to force the wheel back and hold it, is makes a buzzing noise and you can feel it fighting to the right.
If anyone has come across this problem and more importantly, fixed it, I'd appreciate the answer. I have calibrated the wheel and tried both the default FFB settings and Jack Spades global ones which were working perfectly before.
Thanks in advance guys.

thegt500
13-12-2015, 19:09
Whoops, can a mod please move to PS4 technical help please, posted in wrong section.

Roger Prynne
13-12-2015, 19:28
Moved

GrimeyDog
13-12-2015, 20:19
Check your Dead zone removal settings and make sure they are right...i would just reset the controller profile and see what happens before making any adjustments to the Global settings.

thegt500
13-12-2015, 22:14
Cheers GrimeyDog, I'll give that a go in the morning as its bed time here in Blighty and I need my beauty sleep ;)
Just for the record, do you by any chance happen to know what the DZR setting should be for the T300RS on PS4, or should I just reset to default and try it ?

rams1de
13-12-2015, 23:01
Cheers GrimeyDog, I'll give that a go in the morning as its bed time here in Blighty and I need my beauty sleep ;)
Just for the record, do you by any chance happen to know what the DZR setting should be for the T300RS on PS4, or should I just reset to default and try it ?

At default FFB of 75 it should be around .08 to .10. At FFB 100 0.0 to .02

I've no experience of your problem but try reducing steering gain to 1.0 if you've not already changed it from the default value and set Menu Spring Strength to 0 which should get rid of wheel resistance when stationary and driving very low speeds.

Roger Prynne
13-12-2015, 23:12
At default FFB of 75 it should be around .08 to .10. At FFB 100 0.0 to .02

I've no experience of your problem but try reducing steering gain to 1.0 if you've not already changed it from the default value and set Menu Spring Strength to 0 which should get rid of wheel resistance when stationary and driving very low speeds.

That should only be for the menu alone as far as I know, and why would you want to get rid of resistance when stationary and driving at low speeds?

rams1de
13-12-2015, 23:30
That should only be for the menu alone as far as I know, and why would you want to get rid of resistance when stationary and driving at low speeds?

It's a suggestion because he's encountering the problem in the pits. Reducing Menu Spring strength on PS4 can be felt while the car is under AI influence in pit lane until hitting the track.

Roger Prynne
13-12-2015, 23:36
I didn't know that.

rams1de
13-12-2015, 23:53
I didn't know that.

Thinking about it Roger (and OP), I turned off all three settings in that section when trying it out so it could have been one or both of the others that reduces wheel resistance in the pit lane.

thegt500
14-12-2015, 07:57
GrimeyDog and rams1de,
Thanks guys, it must have been the DZR settings, reset controller profile and its now back to normal :o