PDA

View Full Version : A series of issues.

nemo06
14-12-2015, 08:44
- Failed to load save data, I lost all the data of my career reached to LMP1.
- Two freezing in two different races.
- AI drivers that continues to be crazy, as if I did not exist on the track.

I love this game, but there are still too many problems.

smokinmasta
14-12-2015, 09:31
Remove saved game data locally on the xbox. Hard power off (hold xbox power button for several seconds) restart Xbox (should be the xbox green screen).
Restart game - it should want to sync and may take a few goes. That should sort it. The sync is alwats the pain as it doenst always do it first time.

nemo06
14-12-2015, 09:58
Thanks, I'll try.
And for freezing?

ReadingRich
14-12-2015, 10:14
I had the same issue with the failed load/save unfortunately I didn't know of the work round before I started fresh.
I was also on LMP1 it would be interesting to see if that was common.

rtazz17
14-12-2015, 15:24
Dont forget to go outside look to the sky and do a dance too.. Thats a work around too

Haiden
15-12-2015, 13:11
- Failed to load save data, I lost all the data of my career reached to LMP1.
- Two freezing in two different races.
- AI drivers that continues to be crazy, as if I did not exist on the track.

I love this game, but there are still too many problems.

They've made serious improvements to the AI. If they're still manhandling you on the track, you should try turning down the difficulty. Difficulty in a sim isn't really a direct reflection of your driving skill. You set the difficulty to make the drive more competitive. How high or low you set it, is highly dependent on your setup. Someone with a wheel setup pushing lots of detail and high force levels is going to have a much harder time getting his car around the track than someone running light force, or a pad user. Because neither has to deal with a wheel that's threatening to rip out of their hands every time they snag a little curb. Don't be a shamed to dial it down a bit. It might just mean you're having a more realistic sim experience. :)

nemo06
15-12-2015, 13:40
They've made serious improvements to the AI. If they're still manhandling you on the track, you should try turning down the difficulty.

Sorry, but I disagree.
If I have to reduce the difficulty to be sure to always be on pole, then this is not simulation.
Often, the difference is a few hundredths of seconds, but in PCars starting in fifth or sixth place is very dangerous, at the first corner happens a massacre :)

Raven403
15-12-2015, 15:10
They've made serious improvements to the AI. If they're still manhandling you on the track, you should try turning down the difficulty. Difficulty in a sim isn't really a direct reflection of your driving skill. You set the difficulty to make the drive more competitive. How high or low you set it, is highly dependent on your setup. Someone with a wheel setup pushing lots of detail and high force levels is going to have a much harder time getting his car around the track than someone running light force, or a pad user. Because neither has to deal with a wheel that's threatening to rip out of their hands every time they snag a little curb. Don't be a shamed to dial it down a bit. It might just mean you're having a more realistic sim experience. :)

While they have made some improvements there is room for Many more. The AIs awareness is traffic is pretty dreadful, meaning usually Turn 1 turns into a cluster. BUT seeing as how that happens every time pretty much thats something you should be expecting and doing your best to avoid and stay conservative untill the AI spreads out a bit.

THAT said, even then if an AI is chasing you they do make some aggressive moves and sometimes just bump you out of a corner, like I said, theres plenty more room for improvement

Schnizz58
15-12-2015, 16:57
If I have to reduce the difficulty to be sure to always be on pole, then this is not simulation.
Couple of things. 1. I wouldn't recommend reducing the difficulty to always be on pole. Reduce the difficulty to the point where you're competitive with the AI so that you'll have some fun racing. That means quite often not being on pole. 2. The AI difficulty is just an arbitrary number and has nothing to do with whether the physics is simulated or not. If you're a better driver than I am then I will likely be using a lower AI difficulty than you.

Haiden
15-12-2015, 17:40
Sorry, but I disagree.
Often, the difference is a few hundredths of seconds, but in PCars starting in fifth or sixth place is very dangerous, at the first corner happens a massacre :)

You shouldn't be decreasing the difficulty just to take pole. There's nothing realistic about always being on pole. In RL, even the greats aren't always on pole. The setting is to make the race competitive. I mostly race Formula A with the difficulty set to 85. There are a few tracks I can take pole by a second or two, but on most others, depending on the length of the practice and qualifying sessions, I usually start somewhere in the top eight, and if I take pole, it's only by fractions of a second. The races are competitive, and I don't have any problem with the AI running up my rear. If I see the AI closing from behind, I make sure I cover the inside line, because that's usually the AI's preference. As long as I close that gap early enough, the AI doesn't try to shunt in, even if I take the corner slowly. He might try to take me on the outside, or occasionally cut the track, but I rarely get rear ended, even on slow corners that follow long, high speed straights.

While they have made some improvements there is room for Many more. The AIs awareness is traffic is pretty dreadful, meaning usually Turn 1 turns into a cluster. BUT seeing as how that happens every time pretty much thats something you should be expecting and doing your best to avoid and stay conservative untill the AI spreads out a bit.

THAT said, even then if an AI is chasing you they do make some aggressive moves and sometimes just bump you out of a corner, like I said, theres plenty more room for improvement

Can't say that's been my experience. I usually hang with the pack off the start and into the first corner. Admittedly, it doesn't go well 100% of the time, but that's pretty much to be expected in any game racing against AI on turn one. But 80% if the time, if I stake my claim on a line and hold it, I can drive with the pack through turn one. Or, if it looks to much like a cluster, I'll run a little wide to avoid the mess. After turn one, I don't really have any issues with the AI.

Couple of things. 1. I wouldn't recommend reducing the difficulty to always be on pole. Reduce the difficulty to the point where you're competitive with the AI so that you'll have some fun racing. That means quite often not being on pole. 2. The AI difficulty is just an arbitrary number and has nothing to do with whether the physics is simulated or not. If you're a better driver than I am then I will likely be using a lower AI difficulty than you.

Didn't mean the difficulty had anything to do with the simulation physics. What I meant was that the more simulation your physics are, the more challenging you may find the AI. Also, the heavier your FFB, the more challenging you may find the AI to be. For example, I wouldn't say my FFB is too strong, but it's very firm. There are some curbs I can't hit without having to fight the wheel pull. That can make it a bit more challenging, at least to me.

Schnizz58
15-12-2015, 17:47
I totally agree Haiden.

Raven403
15-12-2015, 17:53
Can't say that's been my experience. I usually hang with the pack off the start and into the first corner. Admittedly, it doesn't go well 100% of the time, but that's pretty much to be expected in any game racing against AI on turn one. But 80% if the time, if I stake my claim on a line and hold it, I can drive with the pack through turn one. Or, if it looks to much like a cluster, I'll run a little wide to avoid the mess. After turn one, I don't really have any issues with the AI.

Its not 100% of the time, and it largely depends on the car class. In any Open Wheel car its 100x worse just because of the nature of contact and what happens when the cars are bumping. I dont use any assists so the AI pose a different challenge to me because they brake so late and I have a hard time in braking zones because of it. The AI has been alright, but its a frequent occurance that I have to restart races because of the AI in packs just really doing wacky stuff. I also see them blowing corners alot too, The 90 degree left hander at Road America after the straight comes to mind.

Haiden
15-12-2015, 19:08
Its not 100% of the time, and it largely depends on the car class. In any Open Wheel car its 100x worse just because of the nature of contact and what happens when the cars are bumping. I dont use any assists so the AI pose a different challenge to me because they brake so late and I have a hard time in braking zones because of it. The AI has been alright, but its a frequent occurance that I have to restart races because of the AI in packs just really doing wacky stuff. I also see them blowing corners alot too, The 90 degree left hander at Road America after the straight comes to mind.

The blatant and excessive corner cutting is what really annoys me. You set up a good overtake, execute and stick it, and then the AI goes barreling past you in the grass, 10 meters off the island. I could do without that. :)

Raven403
15-12-2015, 19:28
The blatant and excessive corner cutting is what really annoys me. You set up a good overtake, execute and stick it, and then the AI goes barreling past you in the grass, 10 meters off the island. I could do without that. :)

Exactly