PDA

View Full Version : Still no lobby improvements?

MLT24
14-12-2015, 17:28
Yes it is great to see so many patches to fix or improve the game, but it is sooooo weird they won't update the online lobbies and its filtering system, or should I say non-filtering system. My friends and I haven't played the game since patch 5.0. One even sold his copy. And we don't buy dlc either until they make an up to date lobby system. Such a shame sms is ignoring one of the single most important areas in any racing game.

biggbaddwolf
14-12-2015, 18:04
The only game that EVER got the online lobbies right is Gran Turismo, that is why I stick to career mode in Project Cars.

WizardOfOz
14-12-2015, 18:59
For me the best improvement they could make to the lobbies is

add icons for the following features

1. TC, SC & ABS allowed (icons should be either present of highlighted if enabled , missing or unhighlighted if not enabled)
2. Weather (Sunny, wet , random ), again icons
3. Auto or Manual gears (icons again to say of manual only)
4. Damage (full damage on or off , anything else doesnt need an icon)
5. Num laps (long n short just sucks)
6. Current status (racing doesnt cover it very well at all)

This would mean i could find my fav type of racing quickly (Abs only , Full damage , mixed/random weather , gears can be auto or manual)

Where would these icons appear , well directly under the name of the track there is plenty of real estate there

Issue comes , that rooms can be changed afterwards so some updates might be delayed however once the session starts (in any status), it would be locked

FYI just saying not improved without giving an idea of what you would like is totally pointless post :P

Gravit8
15-12-2015, 02:41
The only game that EVER got the online lobbies right is Gran Turismo, that is why I stick to career mode in Project Cars.

I played both. And Forza hoppers are awesome on the public side. GT6 lobbies are great for private stuff.
Can't discount the hoppers IMO. GT shuffle was great too though.
I transferred to Forza at height of GT5 and 6, because it was a better online game and I had played out GT online and off.
GT online was great until it got fractured into a million small, but different PP communities.
Once that happened, Forza was brilliant online compared to it.

Both are good and have miles on Pcars when it comes to fun with others.

biggbaddwolf
15-12-2015, 03:09
Well I kinda like the PP ranking in GT6. One thing I wish you could do in Project Cars is change the cars BEFORE the race begins!! I remember in GT6 we would often go back to the garage, and try different cars in the selected PP category, then the host would usually ask if everyone was happy with what car they were in, and would then start the race, or if the host had the race on a timer, then you could try as many cars as you wished before the countdown to the race. That is one feature I miss in PCars :(

Gravit8
15-12-2015, 11:14
Well I kinda like the PP ranking in GT6. One thing I wish you could do in Project Cars is change the cars BEFORE the race begins!! I remember in GT6 we would often go back to the garage, and try different cars in the selected PP category, then the host would usually ask if everyone was happy with what car they were in, and would then start the race, or if the host had the race on a timer, then you could try as many cars as you wished before the countdown to the race. That is one feature I miss in PCars :(

Features?!
We talkin bout features?!
But yeah. I used to lament gt6's clunky menus. Those were the days. Haha
On to Pcars for a bit.