PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid update 7.0?

Gravit8
15-12-2015, 02:26
So I paused the down load and it's worked so far, how do I make sure it won't resume the download later?

Yes I know I can't play online, no I don't care.

No I'm not saying anything bad about 7.
Just reserving the right to avoid it and wait until all the smoke clears and I get some info on which version I'd rather keep.

SUBGTRACER
15-12-2015, 02:47
Sell the game :)

Sorry Had to Grav

SUBGTRACER
15-12-2015, 02:48
Keep the download paused forever .?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
15-12-2015, 03:39
I turned off automatic updates but it didn't seem to change anything.

And I think if you pause them they'll resume if you restart the system.

Stay offline I guess.

SUBGTRACER
15-12-2015, 04:04
I'm sure mine stay paused if I restart the ps4 .

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
15-12-2015, 06:47
I'm sure mine stay paused if I restart the ps4 .

I could be wrong. But even if it had stayed paused forever every time in the past, I don't think I would trust it with something super important.

ports
15-12-2015, 07:56
I've had bf4 download paused now for 6 month and it ain't restarted so you should be good, Your missing out on the App's patch worth it just for crewchief.

Don Rudi
15-12-2015, 08:03
So I paused the down load and it's worked so far, how do I make sure it won't resume the download later?

Yes I know I can't play online, no I don't care.

No I'm not saying anything bad about 7.
Just reserving the right to avoid it and wait until all the smoke clears and I get some info on which version I'd rather keep.

Just download it. It seems to be better than what the PC guys experience.
I downloaded and tried it yesterday and was actually quite surprised

Haiden
15-12-2015, 18:31
I don't mind 7.0 either. After reading the forum, I was expecting a tragedy. But it's not. Not perfect, and the tires are a little slow to warm, but it's definitely not worth avoiding the update, at least not IMO.

Gravit8
15-12-2015, 18:38
I've had bf4 download paused now for 6 month and it ain't restarted so you should be good, Your missing out on the App's patch worth it just for crewchief.

Yeah. I know. Kinda bummed, but I have a disabled Apple ID and can't download apps. I need to go get an android device.
I'm also not exactly sure how much I'll be able get out of telemetry while I'm driving, probably just a recipe for crashing for me. Haha. I need that telemetry in replay.

Schnizz58
15-12-2015, 18:56
I don't mind 7.0 either. After reading the forum, I was expecting a tragedy. But it's not. Not perfect, and the tires are a little slow to warm, but it's definitely not worth avoiding the update, at least not IMO.
Good to hear Haiden. I've been reading these threads trying to decide if it's bad enough to take my Xbox offline until 8.

diesel97
15-12-2015, 19:17
Yeah. I know. Kinda bummed, but I have a disabled Apple ID and can't download apps. I need to go get an android device.
I'm also not exactly sure how much I'll be able get out of telemetry while I'm driving, probably just a recipe for crashing for me. Haha. I need that telemetry in replay.

the apps do work in replay

Haiden
15-12-2015, 21:12
Good to hear Haiden. I've been reading these threads trying to decide if it's bad enough to take my Xbox offline until 8.

Man, I have to say, I wouldn't--wait that is. You may not love the new model--may not even like it. But I don't think it'll ruin your game. I also think there are some handling and FFB changes in the new tyre model, that are definite improvements. That being said, I was testing it in a Formula A, which starts off with less than optimally heated tires, but they aren't dead cold. I did try the McClaren P1 road car, but I was on Azure coast, and I think the tires are warm when you start the point-to-points. I'm going to try a Formula C tonight.

Boskapongen
15-12-2015, 23:49
Haiden, have you noticed anything strange in online games? Me and my buddy had great feeling sunday (6.0) on the Hockenheim Classic track with BMW 32o Turbo, Group 5 cars, We hade times 2:03-2:06. Today (7.0), same race, same car, same settings and track it was impossible to go below 2:08.

Car felt like it was sliding and very unstable for both of us. Also another dude with the Capri in same race had the same reaction as us he said post race..

Very annoying.

Gravit8
15-12-2015, 23:53
[/B]

the apps do work in replay

Good news and thank you

Haiden
16-12-2015, 00:27
Haiden, have you noticed anything strange in online games? Me and my buddy had great feeling sunday (6.0) on the Hockenheim Classic track with BMW 32o Turbo, Group 5 cars, We hade times 2:03-2:06. Today (7.0), same race, same car, same settings and track it was impossible to go below 2:08.

Car felt like it was sliding and very unstable for both of us. Also another dude with the Capri in same race had the same reaction as us he said post race..

Very annoying.

I think they changed more than just the heating on the tire model. I had a little less grip in a few high speed corners, but nothing too significant, and I could feel the slip coming on as I approached the limit. It was subtle, but I definitely felt it, because I started testing it. If I felt it and tried to take the turn any tighter than I already had the wheel, I'd slip. If I rode it out, or decelerated, I'd stick it. I was testing on my favorite track, and I know every inch of those corners. I'm certain I was getting a little less grip than usual. But the car itself felt great, no stability issues. To be honest, 7.0 seems to deliver more detail in the FFB. I've only had my new wheel for about two weeks, and I'm still tuning it out, but I'm pretty sure 7.0 felt better. I was testing in a Formula A, but I also drove Azure Coast in a McLaren P1, and it was actually one of the best drives I've ever had in a road car. :)

I'm gonna do some more testing in a bit, but so far, my only issue with 7.0 is the slow heating in the tire model. And I'm hesitant to even call that an issue right now. It's a little different, but I only had trouble keeping one tire in the optimal range. It never went cold, but it wasn't as warm as the others. I didn't get a chance to make any setup changes, though, to try and get some heat back into it. And when I pushed a little harder in the left corners, it climbed back up. So I might just be as simple as adjusting my driving style.

You know... You might need to make some adjustments to your FFB. That's the one thing that was different for me. I started retuning my FFB the day before 7.0 came out. When I started it up after installing the patch, I didn't like the feel of the car. That's happened before when I've been tuning--go to bed satisfied, and then try it the next day and hate it--so I didn't think much of it. But maybe it was 7.0 that made that tune seem rough. Anyway, I made a few adjustments to the in-car FFB (no changes to the global settings), and had it smoothed out in about 20 laps. That's when I started liking the new feel.

diesel97
16-12-2015, 00:35

Very annoying.

they messed with the camber also

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
16-12-2015, 00:49
I think they changed more than just the heating on the tire model. I had a little less grip in a few high speed corners, but nothing too significant, and I could feel the slip coming on as I approached the limit. It was subtle, but I definitely felt it, because I started testing it. If I felt it and tried to take the turn any tighter than I already had the wheel, I'd slip.
I'd been living with perpetual slip in time trials, as the optimal steering angle always had it. And I'd settled for it, but with 7.0 it was just gone. Barely any slip, and a touch more real grip. With FA at least, and I like it. FB was even worse with sliding all over the damn place no matter what before, and I haven't tried that car yet.

Boskapongen
16-12-2015, 00:50
I think they changed more than just the heating on the tire model. I had a little less grip in a few high speed corners, but nothing too significant, and I could feel the slip coming on as I approached the limit. It was subtle, but I definitely felt it, because I started testing it. If I felt it and tried to take the turn any tighter than I already had the wheel, I'd slip. If I rode it out, or decelerated, I'd stick it. I was testing on my favorite track, and I know every inch of those corners. I'm certain I was getting a little less grip than usual. But the car itself felt great, no stability issues. To be honest, 7.0 seems to deliver more detail in the FFB. I've only had my new wheel for about two weeks, and I'm still tuning it out, but I'm pretty sure 7.0 felt better. I was testing in a Formula A, but I also drove Azure Coast in a McLaren P1, and it was actually one of the best drives I've ever had in a road car. :)

I'm gonna do some more testing in a bit, but so far, my only issue with 7.0 is the slow heating in the tire model. And I'm hesitant to even call that an issue right now. It's a little different, but I only had trouble keeping one tire in the optimal range. It never went cold, but it wasn't as warm as the others. I didn't get a chance to make any setup changes, though, to try and get some heat back into it. And when I pushed a little harder in the left corners, it climbed back up. So I might just be as simple as adjusting my driving style.

You know... You might need to make some adjustments to your FFB. That's the one thing that was different for me. I started retuning my FFB the day before 7.0 came out. When I started it up after installing the patch, I didn't like the feel of the car. That's happened before when I've been tuning--go to bed satisfied, and then try it the next day and hate it--so I didn't think much of it. But maybe it was 7.0 that made that tune seem rough. Anyway, I made a few adjustments to the in-car FFB (no changes to the global settings), and had it smoothed out in about 20 laps. That's when I started liking the new feel.

Thanx H! great info, you describe exactly the issue we felt, highspeed corners. I will dig into it tomorrow and try some things :)