PDA

View Full Version : I need to say sorry.

mgsilentfate11
15-12-2015, 04:51
I have complained a lot about the features that were lacking in this game. Tonight, as I began racing I decided to do something that I have always been too timid to try. I tuned my first car. I am sure it is not the fastest setup in the community but it made the game so much more challenging and fun. I went to to tune another car and then it hit me how much work went into this game. The variables were different even between cars in the same class. For example the ride height for one car's maximum was smaller than another's minimum. Now I understand how much more dynamics go into the game with each dlc. I know everyone reading this, probably knew about everything I discovered tonight when racing. I just wanted to say sorry for being so ignorant in my previous post. I think everyone is pushing this game because it truly does have the potential to become the greatest racing sim of all time. I know it is the best racing game on ps4. Thank you to all the people that put in so much work for this game. I will never get a chance to race in real life, but your creation lets me and thousands others live out the dream in our own homes.

John Hargreaves
15-12-2015, 12:37
As you will know, setup changes do make real differences to the behaviour of the car and you can feel even quite subtle alterations when you drive. Keep digging, there are many more layers to discover.

Haiden
15-12-2015, 18:28
Honestly, I don't think you're the first person to slam the game without actually exploring or being familiar with tuning. But I do think you're one of the few to admit the error later. Or maybe the others just still haven't opened the tuning section. :)

Welcome to the addiction. I remember when I first started tuning in Forza. I used to just download other player's tunes, and then one day, for some reason, just decided to try it myself. It's never been the same since. :)

GTisbetter
16-12-2015, 00:00
Sms produces a broken buggy pos 'sim' and you apologize to them? No wonder so many games are released in such poor shape, fools eat that crap up regardless of quality. Everybody seems happy to wallow in mediocrity. Kids these days sheesh.

Haiden
16-12-2015, 00:40
Sms produces a broken buggy pos 'sim' and you apologize to them? No wonder so many games are released in such poor shape, fools eat that crap up regardless of quality. Everybody seems happy to wallow in mediocrity. Kids these days sheesh.

Not really. Some people just aren't having as many issues with the game. I've been having a blast with it.

Also, it may be a little buggy, and SMS may have their issues, but one thing is definitely clear. If it wasn't for PCars, there wouldn't be many other options for me on console. Forza 6 and....nothing else. I like F1 2015, but it's a highly focused game. You drive F1 on the season line up, and that's it. All the other driving titles on both consoles are lame arcade racers. I'm not interested in PC right now, so... Yeah... Thank you SMS.

Warren1571
16-12-2015, 01:44
Yeah, I don't understand why so many people are constantly bashing Project Cars, especially in some of these forum threads.

I bought the game on release day and have thoroughly enjoyed it ever since. I have had very few problems and I can see how deep the game is, in all the different modes. I race career, online, time trials, solo races - and enjoy them all.

Seems there are a lot of negative people out there who just can't appreciate some very solid work by SMS. It's not perfect, I agree, but tell me a game that is.

Look at the likes of Gran Turismo, it's always being developed and tweaked well after release date.

I've just enabled the latest patch 7.0 UDP and PCars Dash and that takes it to another level again. SMS are pushing the boundaries and bringing us a truly great Racing Simulator.

If people don't like it, that is fine, don't play it, but really there is no need to bag it and have an endless rant about it.

For the rest of us, sit back and enjoy the ride, Project Cars is amazing. Great work SMS!

mgsilentfate11
16-12-2015, 04:53
"Kids these days" lol what sim racing console game from your golden era outshines this game? I do know there are features missing from this game. It will never be able to hold all desirable features (the abilty to shoot the bird at AI). It is about appreciating the features we have, not the things we don't have. I learned that from a person who is probably older than you.

Salty Dog
03-01-2016, 09:20
I have complained a lot about the features that were lacking in this game. Tonight, as I began racing I decided to do something that I have always been too timid to try. I tuned my first car. I am sure it is not the fastest setup in the community but it made the game so much more challenging and fun. I went to to tune another car and then it hit me how much work went into this game. The variables were different even between cars in the same class. For example the ride height for one car's maximum was smaller than another's minimum. Now I understand how much more dynamics go into the game with each dlc. I know everyone reading this, probably knew about everything I discovered tonight when racing. I just wanted to say sorry for being so ignorant in my previous post. I think everyone is pushing this game because it truly does have the potential to become the greatest racing sim of all time. I know it is the best racing game on ps4. Thank you to all the people that put in so much work for this game. I will never get a chance to race in real life, but your creation lets me and thousands others live out the dream in our own homes.

Nice post mate, credit to you.

A little basic tip for learning to tune a car, im still very much learning every day.

Find a track that you enjoy that has features that are good for tuning a car ie some good straights to tune speed and some challenging twists and turns to help assist tuning your handling, use this same track every time you tune a car, only then will you start getting a feel of how different cars feel on the same corners and straights, its much easier imo to do it this way than to get lost tuning cars on random tracks.
I use my Fav track Bathurst for my testing track so every time i tune a new car i can use the same features of the same track to make comparisons, im not sure if others do this but it works well for me,
cheers