PDA

View Full Version : How do you use your Engineer

ClutchBrommando
15-12-2015, 19:08
I have seen several times in the game that you can troubleshoot car issue's with you Engineer but I can't figure out how to do it. I play on PS4 so I don't know if that feature is only supported on PC or what.

Any info regarding this would be appreciated.

notanuva
15-12-2015, 19:13
It's been there since the game came out but there is no help from the engineer in game you have to figure it out yourself or come on the forum and ask for some advice.

ClutchBrommando
15-12-2015, 19:16
thanks @notanuva

notanuva
15-12-2015, 19:17
Your welcome mate.

vahagn_hayk
15-12-2015, 20:39
never used, switched off, volume to zero. find him anything but helpful! waste of recourses and gaming power/ cpu power or however it is called. i could bet, 90% of sim racers don't use in-game engineer.

notanuva
15-12-2015, 20:47
never used, switched off, volume to zero. find him anything but helpful! waste of recourses and gaming power/ cpu power or however it is called. i could bet, 90% of sim racers don't use in-game engineer.

He's not on about the stig that talks to you in game, At the bottom of the screen it scrolls along and says that you can troubleshoot car issue's with you Engineer but you can't.

Gravit8
17-12-2015, 03:55
I don't. He gives bad advice anyway, at the worst time. Pretty useless. Unless you're feeling pretty alone and bored in the car I guess.
Never heard of anyone getting real data or use out of him.
Canned responses and actually encourages you to stick your nose in on the AI when they're pretty likely to chop it off.
Use at your own risk.

SUBGTRACER
17-12-2015, 04:10
Never has come through my head phones from day one if I have a mic on .

2stains
17-12-2015, 06:15
I have him turned down but the text still comes along the bottom of the screen and today i saw it say my brakes were to hot and i needed to cool them , had a look and my brakes were over 1100 degrees C. So it turns out he has some useful info . Sometimes.

chig88
17-12-2015, 13:10
I have seen several times in the game that you can troubleshoot car issue's with you Engineer but I can't figure out how to do it. I play on PS4 so I don't know if that feature is only supported on PC or what.

Any info regarding this would be appreciated.

Yeah you can't use your engineer to troubleshoot. I get the same tip on the loading screens quite often as well.

Just another hint at something that isn't actually in the game.