PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS Xbox One Patch 7.0 Release Notes

Stephen Viljoen
16-12-2015, 09:27
Hi all,

We just received word that the Xbox one Patch 7.0 and DLC has been approved by MS and that the patch will roll out today. :) So with that, here are the release notes.

Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 7.0 – Release Notes

• Reworked the dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 75% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races and passworded public races, the timer is 150% of slowest moving car's lap time.
• Fixed an issue where sometimes session creation would fail after the console would lose and then regain connection to Xbox Live.

Physics & Tyres
• Neutralized the top speed advantage of running zero camber on many tires.
• Reduced flash layer temperature cap for GT3/LMP and other slick tires to make them less prone to overheating.
• Classic Lotus cars: Disabled patch-to-hub on several tyre carcass models as it was creating a strong low-speed FFB buzz.

Career
• Corrected the German name for the LMP3 UK Semi-Pro Championship.

Tracks
• Rouen Short – Reworked the AI paths around the hairpin area to try and keep the historic cars from running up the hill on exit when in tight packs.

Vehicles
• Repositioned the cockpit camera view to a proper center point for a number of vehicles that were reported to be incorrectly positioned.

Audio
• Lotus 40 and 49 - Rebalanced the AI vehicle volume.

General
• Fixed various game crash issues reported by customers.

UDP streaming support
overview
The UDP stream extension has been developed to allow 3rd party app developers the opportunity to receive telemetry data from the game. It is based mainly on the ‘Shared Memory API’ with a number of extensions to transmitted data.
The option is enabled via the ‘Game play’ menu ‘UDP mode’. This can be selected between off and 1-9. The number represents the UDP streaming data rate as follows:
UDP off
UDP 1 60/sec (16ms)
UDP 2 50/sec (20ms)
UDP 3 40/sec (25ms)
UDP 4 30/sec (32ms)
UDP 5 20/sec (50ms)
UDP 6 15/sec (66ms)
UDP 7 10/sec (100ms)
UDP 8 05/sec (200ms)
UDP 9 01/sec (1000ms)
The stream is sent to a broadcast address (255.255.255.255) on port 5606.

Mascot
16-12-2015, 09:33
Good luck chaps.

Elmo
16-12-2015, 10:07
Seems the thread was closed unintentionally. It is open again.

Bavarian Turbo
16-12-2015, 10:15
nice to see that the Xbox Patch goes online so fast.

I look forward Supersize on UDP and am curious how the tire temperature now behaves

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 10:19
Thanks for the UDP support but worryingly not a lot of fixes!

NavyFlipper HUN
16-12-2015, 10:21
Do not be greedy. :D

chig88
16-12-2015, 10:30
Thanks for the UDP support but worryingly not a lot of fixes!

Yes. The cake is still crumbling but now it has a cherry on top.

Beltoon
16-12-2015, 10:32
nice to see that the Xbox Patch goes online so fast.

That is great indeed. Too bad it's because SMS tackles the small problems and chooses to ignore the bigger problems which spoil the game.

Wizards ZA
16-12-2015, 10:37
Tnx. Steve for the update. Some guys won't know this but its a public holiday in South Africa today and Mr. Viljoen still took the time to post the patch notes. Thank you sir ��

gmspromo
16-12-2015, 10:38
• Reduced flash layer temperature cap for GT3/LMP and other slick tires to make them less prone to overheating.

I'll ask the exact same question here again, because I asked when the PC Patch notes came out and got grief for doing do ...

Is the above change an acceptance from SMS that the updated tire model introduced in Patch 6, was a step too far and caused far too many over heating problems (in GT3 especially)???
I ask because myself and quite a few others using a controller were told "nothing was wrong" and to "adjust our driving style" due to the tires overheating after 3 or 4 laps .. and not just by other forum members, Casey I seem to remember basically told us that was the way it was now (after patch 6) and that was that.

I (and many others) were made to feel like it was us and not a problem with physics and if this specific change was made to adjust that, I for one would like an apology after trying to give constructive feedback, only to have it thrown back in my face.

Bavarian Turbo
16-12-2015, 10:38
Patch is online in Germany and 3,2 GB big

BulletEyeDK
16-12-2015, 10:52
Great work SMS - looking forward to the UDP streaming support

ReadingRich
16-12-2015, 11:05
Live in UK as well.

RoccoTTS
16-12-2015, 11:09
Touring cars are back in TT with patch 7.0. Problem solved !

JoeZarkos
16-12-2015, 11:17
The 'Coming Soon' tab below Free Practice has been removed now. Anybody know why?

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 11:17
Can anyone point me in the direction of the android application for use with UDP?

KkDrummer
16-12-2015, 11:24
Am I the only one staying on 6.0 because of the tire changes (see tires physic discussion for more info)?

RoccoTTS
16-12-2015, 11:26
Can anyone point me in the direction of the android application for use with UDP?

Here (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html)you find more info. I just was reading into it because i don't know how it works either.

RoccoTTS
16-12-2015, 11:28
Am I the only one staying on 6.0 because of the tire changes (see tires physic discussion for more info)?

I want to buy the DLC, so i have no choice.

Bavarian Turbo
16-12-2015, 11:30
7.0 Patch Notes from PC are with
Controls
• Update to latest Fanatec SDK

7.0 Patch Notes from PS4 are with
Controls
• Update to latest Fanatec SDK, Re-instated 2nd DPAD support for CSRE based on latest SDK functionality

and on Xbox One nothing?

What is the reason for that?

ian2726
I thought in game keyboard support was coming in patch 7

transfix
Wow Xbox is getting it together. A bit sad to see the save setupbug still MIA.

I'm all over the Second Screen addition !

NavyFlipper HUN
16-12-2015, 11:37
Live in Finland!
Thanks SMS!

KkDrummer
16-12-2015, 11:40
Here (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html)you find more info. I just was reading into it because i don't know how it works either.

I understand that...I will be away for holidays for 3 weeks so I can wait until 8 is out...It will be just a week of gaming on 6.0 I think...

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 12:03
I thought in game keyboard support was coming in patch 7

That's down to Microsoft.Not SMS!

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 12:06
Can anyone who uses 2nd screen with Hudl2 let me know what app and how you get it working plz.
Tried the free vdash but can't get it to connect.

Elaine The Racer
16-12-2015, 12:29
BAZINGA! Yes!

Mascot
16-12-2015, 12:44
Controls

Controls
• Update to latest Fanatec SDK, Re-instated 2nd DPAD support for CSRE based on latest SDK functionality

and on Xbox One nothing?

The second dpad simply doesn't work as advertised in the PS4 patch notes (no input can be mapped to it) so I'm guessing it's been removed from the Xbone patch notes. I've been in PM dialogue with Bruno about finding a solution and SMS are investigating. Hopefully it'll get fixed for the next patch.

This is all conjecture on my part, of course - it might never have been intended for the Xbone version.

pjrblue
16-12-2015, 12:46
Controls

Controls

and on Xbox One nothing?

Because on X1 the drivers are on the system, Fanatec didn't had to develop drivers, they used xbox drivers.
On PC and PS4 they developed the drivers/SDK for both systems.

Sum Dixon-Ear
16-12-2015, 12:53
The second dpad simply doesn't work as advertised in the PS4 patch notes (no input can be mapped to it) so I'm guessing it's been removed from the Xbone patch notes. I've been in PM dialogue with Bruno about finding a solution and SMS are investigating. Hopefully it'll get fixed for the next patch.

This is all conjecture on my part, of course - it might never have been intended for the Xbone version.

It wouldn't be in the Xbone patch notes because CSRE doesn't work on that console.

Mascot
16-12-2015, 13:12
It wouldn't be in the Xbone patch notes because CSRE doesn't work on that console.

But it's a Forza branded FFB wheel! Surely MS wouldn't do a bait 'n' switch on branded hardware, implying ongoing support for a sponsored wheel and then yanking the rug from under their loyal customers who had just spent £500+ on said wheel? Not even Evil Bill would stoop so low!

/sarcasm

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 13:16
Anyone using an app for UDP on Xbox that works??

staer90
16-12-2015, 13:19
the multy always turns to crap or improved?

pjrblue
16-12-2015, 13:34
But it's a Forza branded FFB wheel! Surely MS wouldn't do a bait 'n' switch on branded hardware, implying ongoing support for a sponsored wheel and then yanking the rug from under their loyal customers who had just spent £500+ on said wheel? Not even Evil Bill would stoop so low!

The CSR is also a Forza brand and it also doesn't work.
The X1 drivers are different from the X360, so every X360 wheel doesn't work with X1.
Fanatec CSW (Clubsport Wheel Base, v1 and v2) works because they develop a new wheel with integrated chip (the universal hub and now the CSL P1, cheaper).

MS said that they develop new drivers and FFB way better than previous generation, but I think that was a method to make more money from certified hardware.
Sony opted for not supporting integrated drivers and let the developers to add them from the wheel manufacturers.

Sum Dixon-Ear
16-12-2015, 13:45

As if mate... as if... :eek:

Mahjik
16-12-2015, 13:56
As with all Patch Notes threads, we are NOT discussing what is NOT in the patch. There are other places for that. Future comments of the same will be removed.

odemode
16-12-2015, 14:08
Does anyone know of any PC based apps that support the consoles?

Exup
16-12-2015, 14:28
And if someone knows any app for Windows mobile 10 that could work with the UDP, would be great :-)

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 14:39
Seems like were all in the same boat.Trying to find out if anyone can get an appointment for UDP to work:confused: on Xbox!

SpeedFreakDTM
16-12-2015, 14:41
I'll ask the exact same question here again, because I asked when the PC Patch notes came out and got grief for doing do ...

Is the above change an acceptance from SMS that the updated tire model introduced in Patch 6, was a step too far and caused far too many over heating problems (in GT3 especially)???
I ask because myself and quite a few others using a controller were told "nothing was wrong" and to "adjust our driving style" due to the tires overheating after 3 or 4 laps .. and not just by other forum members, Casey I seem to remember basically told us that was the way it was now (after patch 6) and that was that.

I (and many others) were made to feel like it was us and not a problem with physics and if this specific change was made to adjust that, I for one would like an apology after trying to give constructive feedback, only to have it thrown back in my face.

Bump

Strakka
16-12-2015, 14:45
Are people turning the udp on in the gameplay options menu?

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 14:50
Are people turning the udp on in the gameplay options menu?

Yes

NavyFlipper HUN
16-12-2015, 14:53
The paid version HUD Dash app is work almost perfectly on Xbox1 for me. Just the RPM led dont show anything...those just there on the screen looks like without function :D

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 14:56
Anyone got the free version of vdash working?

Mahjik
16-12-2015, 15:02
Anyone got the free version of vdash working?

I don't believe vDash supports UDP streaming yet:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31139-VDash-(A307-S101)-(Android-second-screen-app)&p=1190888&viewfull=1#post1190888

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 15:05
I don't believe vDash supports UDP streaming yet:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31139-VDash-(A307-S101)-(Android-second-screen-app)&p=1190888&viewfull=1#post1190888

Thanks.Thought I was having a blonde moment:D

gmspromo
16-12-2015, 15:10
Bump

I appreciate the bump SpeedFreakDTM, but I've asked nicely twice now in two respective threads ... I've given up expecting an official response ...

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 15:14
I appreciate the bump SpeedFreakDTM, but I've asked nicely twice now in two respective threads ... I've given up expecting an official response ...

There's more chance of Hitler rising from the dead!

BannockMille
16-12-2015, 15:15
I'd be more excitied for this if the UDP datagram format wasn't restricted to the inner circle. What's currently transmitted doesn't make sense, either as data or packed binary, based on the shared memory map file we've been provided.

It's becoming more and more clear that this is less "by the players" and more "by the select few."

beetes_juice
16-12-2015, 15:16
There's more chance of Hitler rising from the dead!

Or they were waiting for the patch to be out on all platforms before giving a responses. ;)

Edit: While not an "official" response to the tire change, I think this gives us an idea on why it happened:

You're so much out of line with this reply it's not funny anymore. The patch 6.0 change to the tyre heating was reverted in 7.0, it wasn't 'fixed'. There was nothing broken in 6.0, just a number of people being very loud about the change.

Mahjik
16-12-2015, 15:20
I'd be more excitied for this if the UDP datagram format wasn't restricted to the inner circle. What's currently transmitted doesn't make sense, either as data or packed binary, based on the shared memory map file we've been provided.

It's becoming more and more clear that this is less "by the players" and more "by the select few."

Nobody has any more information than you do... The pCARS1 WMD forums are gone so this is the only place for information that any of the current app developers are using. What do you think they have which you do not?

BulletEyeDK
16-12-2015, 15:30
Does anyone know of any PC based apps that support the consoles?

I haven't testet yet, but i've followed this thread for some weeks now, and it works for PS4, so i figure it will work for xbox one as well ?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-PC-users

Dynomight Motorsports
16-12-2015, 16:02
Thank God, they addressed the Crashes on Xbox.

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 16:04

Did they.Mines crashed twice straight after downloading patch :confused:

Roger Prynne
16-12-2015, 16:12
Did they.Mines crashed twice straight after downloading patch :confused:

Did you do the usual hard reset etc?

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 16:20
Did you do the usual hard reset etc?

Yes.Had a crash back to dash in MP.
Then had a crash to dash choosing a car for QRW.

RoccoTTS
16-12-2015, 16:56
Also had a crash back to dash when choosing a car in Garage menu.

EMW Reaper
16-12-2015, 17:13
Crashing to the dashboard started for me after patch 6.0. Never in multiplayer but often in menu when trying to select a car in garage.

RoccoTTS
16-12-2015, 17:18
Crashing to the dashboard started for me after patch 6.0. Never in multiplayer but often in menu when trying to select a car in garage.

Same here, started mainly after patch 6.0.

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 17:22
Same here, started mainly after patch 6.0.

I've had it since day one.:(

Schnizz58
16-12-2015, 17:26
Same. I had a few crashes before but it got substantially more frequent after 6.0.

dopedogz
16-12-2015, 18:10
wow he cars feel ALIVE after patch 7!! Great great job! Heading towards perfection now can feel the rear on the RUF GT3 and its fantastic!

Wise Men
16-12-2015, 19:10
Cool. I picked up the game a few weeks back, but it kept crashing on me. I hope this fixes the issue. I also experienced some sound stuttering issues. I wonder if this is addressed in the patch as well. I picked up the Logitech g290 and a stand, and I'm hoping to jump back in this weekend for some racing.

Wise Men
16-12-2015, 19:12
wow he cars feel ALIVE after patch 7!! Great great job! Heading towards perfection now can feel the rear on the RUF GT3 and its fantastic!

That's good to hear. I tried that car, but switched to the M3 GT because I could not feel the rear of the RUF (no matter how high I turned the SOP setting up).

Schnizz58
16-12-2015, 19:22
Cool. I picked up the game a few weeks back, but it kept crashing on me. I hope this fixes the issue. I also experienced some sound stuttering issues. I wonder if this is addressed in the patch as well. I picked up the Logitech g290 and a stand, and I'm hoping to jump back in this weekend for some racing.
Sound stuttering appears to mostly be a MS issue. Make sure you have the Xbox set to power save mode instead of instant on. That way it will turn completely off instead of just go to sleep. Also don't jump back to the dashboard and then return to the game.

nissan4ever
16-12-2015, 19:26
Just took patch 7.0 for a spin. I did the usual hard restart after a patch. I experienced zero sound stutter/glitch. Game ran smooth with a 16 car grid at Hockenheim Classic. All cars were the Lotus Type 51. Light clouds, Dec 6th 2015 at noon. With real time, time advance. AI seemed better there than patch 6.0 IMO.

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 19:32
Sound bug is Definitely still there.Been on most of the day giving the new patch a good going over!

luminox
16-12-2015, 21:08
How's multiplayer now??

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 21:26
How's multiplayer now??

The same!!!

luminox
16-12-2015, 22:21
Fantastic news! lol =(

Ixoye56
16-12-2015, 23:12
I did a fresch install with a new save for 7.0, I have played for about 5 hour this night and so far not one ctd and not a single sound glitch, and the game seems to run smoother than ever. I happy :)

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 23:19
I did a fresch install with a new save for 7.0, I have played for about 5 hour this night and so far not one ctd and not a single sound glitch, and the game seems to run smoother than ever. I happy :)

That's great.But do we need to do a fresh install with every patch!
When's it going to end.

BulletEyeDK
16-12-2015, 23:23
Just tried these apps:

pCARS Dash
Crewchief

Both work flawless... thanks for letting us console user get the UDP data feature for this ;)

Elaine The Racer
17-12-2015, 02:07
Really wish Crew Chief was on iOS :(((

odemode
17-12-2015, 05:16
Game took a big turn yesterday. The dash apps are something else and bring a whole new dimension to console based sim racing. This has now enhanced the game and I'd say even with its bugs its got to be THE best and a must for any sim lover. It must be good because my Mrs even commented on the flashing lights on my iPhone & iPad although she wasn't too impressed that I'm now hogging the TV and the iPads.

I did have one issue..................connecting to a multiplayer game. At first I managed to find one which was about to start and I entered it fine. I snapped twitch and that made my FFB change. It went from my setup I'd done to really solid like the feedback was maxed out. After this game I could not find any others, message kept saying that it couldn't connect to any sessiions in the server or something along them lines. Personally though that doesn't bother me as I hot lap and race with people from our facebook group in private sessions but it'll still need fixing to keep this fatastic game alive.

I think I speak for many here in saying thank you for producing such a dynamic and realistic racer. I knew from the start that this game was special hence why I stuck with it. The amount of detail and work that you guys have put in to the title is incredible and the constant support and feedback is second to none. Some desicions and comments made by your MODS are sometimes a little bit abrupt and sharp but I'm a grown man so I just take it with a pinch of salt. As long as you keep producing and updating as you have been you can say what you want to me. Cheers guys, great work, great game one very happy customer.

STEELJOCKEY
17-12-2015, 05:32
Game took a big turn yesterday. The dash apps are something else and bring a whole new dimension to console based sim racing. This has now enhanced the game and I'd say even with its bugs its got to be THE best and a must for any sim lover. It must be good because my Mrs even commented on the flashing lights on my iPhone & iPad although she wasn't too impressed that I'm now hogging the TV and the iPads.

I think I speak for many here in saying thank you for producing such a dynamic and realistic racer. I knew from the start that this game was special hence why I stuck with it. The amount of detail and work that you guys have put in to the title is incredible and the constant support and feedback is second to none. Some desicions and comments made by your MODS are sometimes a little bit abrupt and sharp but I'm a grown man so I just take it with a pinch of salt. As long as you keep producing and updating as you have been you can say what you want to me. Cheers guys, great work, great game one very happy customer.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Agree with you 100%

gmspromo
17-12-2015, 06:38
Or they were waiting for the patch to be out on all platforms before giving a responses. ;)

Edit: While not an "official" response to the tire change, I think this gives us an idea on why it happened:

The patch notes state they have "reduced the flash layer temperature" which alludes to a change ... the patch notes don't state that SMS have reverted to the tyre model pre-patch 6.0 otherwise you would think they would say "we have reverted to the pre-patch 6.0 tyre model".

Soooooo, I would still like an official response as to why they have made this change ... and an apology if there was a "bug".

odemode
17-12-2015, 06:48
The patch notes state they have "reduced the flash layer temperature" which alludes to a change ... the patch notes don't state that SMS have reverted to the tyre model pre-patch 6.0 otherwise you would think they would say "we have reverted to the pre-patch 6.0 tyre model".

Soooooo, I would still like an official response as to why they have made this change ... and an apology if there was a "bug".

I do agree with you, there were some really "take it or leave it" replies from MODS regarding this

Mr Schumacher
17-12-2015, 07:01
PLEAS FIX XB1 tinning issue.. A lot of my tracks refuse to upload my tunes.. I've been asking for a fix to this issue for a very long time.. I haven't been able to acces all my tunes ever since default tunes became an option in multiplayer.. PLEASE FIX.. I purchased this game on all three platforms and the DLC.. Please correct this issue..

odemode
17-12-2015, 07:18
PLEAS FIX XB1 tinning issue.. A lot of my tracks refuse to upload my tunes.. I've been asking for a fix to this issue for a very long time.. I haven't been able to acces all my tunes ever since default tunes became an option in multiplayer.. PLEASE FIX.. I purchased this game on all three platforms and the DLC.. Please correct this issue..

This has never happened to me but I do know of someone else who had this issue. If its the game then why do I not suffer with the problem?

dopedogz
17-12-2015, 07:45
Cars were just too planted before , patch 7 has addressed this, well done SMS now we have to actually drive these cars, i am really working my wheel now, before i used to sometimes wonder why i can drive around but not have to work the wheel it was too easy. Thankfully they didnt go full Forza ICE racing on us but they have meant now there is a difference between ruining TC on or off.
GREAT JOB SMS!! Loved this game anyway but now its opened up a new world to me! I can get the rear end hanging out and four wheel drift in the F Rookies as they do in real life. Top marks.

venquessa
17-12-2015, 07:52
Cars were just too planted before , patch 7 has addressed this, well done SMS now we have to actually drive these cars, i am really working my wheel now, before i used to sometimes wonder why i can drive around but not have to work the wheel it was too easy. Thankfully they didnt go full Forza ICE racing on us but they have meant now there is a difference between ruining TC on or off.
GREAT JOB SMS!! Loved this game anyway but now its opened up a new world to me! I can get the rear end hanging out and four wheel drift in the F Rookies as they do in real life. Top marks.

Looks pretty stable to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxtjjRcYbKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcHO-9NEytc

EDIT: This debate has raged for years amongst non racers. The belief that sideways is fast. It isn't. At best sideways is as fast as 'normal' driving, but wrecks you tyres so is short lived. Hanging the tail out and 4 wheel drifting is NOT the way to drive, unless you are rallying and even then, most modern rally cars drive "line" style.

dopedogz
17-12-2015, 08:03

EDIT: This debate has raged for years amongst non racers. The belief that sideways is fast. It isn't. At best sideways is as fast as 'normal' driving, but wrecks you tyres so is short lived. Hanging the tail out and 4 wheel drifting is NOT the way to drive, unless you are rallying and even then, most modern rally cars drive "line" style.

can you point to the bit i said 'sideways is fast' ?

Hanging out the tail isn't the best fasted way to drive (unless its the old cars, google ford lotus cortina, or Rover sdi, or RS500 BTCC) but you SHOULD be able to make a car do that IF you wish... (google Auzzie V8 supercars drifts when they win a race etc)

justonce68
17-12-2015, 08:04
Anyone using an app for UDP on Xbox that works??

Yeah mine works fine on ipad and iphone together PCARS Dash

http://www.pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash.html

dopedogz
17-12-2015, 08:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdsVgj5cTWQ

dopedogz
17-12-2015, 08:16

the top video thats what my hands do now after patch 7 with the RUF ..... car my look planted but watch the HANDS ON WHEEL!!

Sankyo
17-12-2015, 08:41
..... car my look planted but watch the HANDS ON WHEEL!!
The question is why the wheel is moving. Is it because the car (especially the rear) is unstable, or because the track is not as smooth as it is in our game so that undulations throw the front wheels around? It is extremely dangerous to conclude that because optically it looks the same, the physics change was correct. IMO the reason for the wheel moving in that video is totally different from why it is moving for you in the game now.

Performance race cars are designed to be stable and easy to handle, and have tons of grip. The idea 'hard to drive = realistic' is old and proven wrong too many times already.

Ixoye56
17-12-2015, 08:59
That's great.But do we need to do a fresh install with every patch!
When's it going to end.

Probably never :)

dopedogz
17-12-2015, 09:02
The question is why the wheel is moving. Is it because the car (especially the rear) is unstable, or because the track is not as smooth as it is in our game so that undulations throw the front wheels around? It is extremely dangerous to conclude that because optically it looks the same, the physics change was correct. IMO the reason for the wheel moving in that video is totally different from why it is moving for you in the game now.

Performance race cars are designed to be stable and easy to handle, and have tons of grip. The idea 'hard to drive = realistic' is old and proven wrong too many times already.

I agree, something can be 'easy' to drive but still need a certain amount of effort which you should feel, driving modern day F1 cars is 'easy' especially the Merc, but the drivers still need to be very very fit and healthy to truly drive one on the limit.
I'm saying PCars is great and now after patch 7 'I' feel its got a wonderful new energy to it with the RUF gt3 and the old retro touring cars, not sure why a Mod is twisting my arm, should i say it bad or something?:confused:

Sankyo
17-12-2015, 09:17
I agree, something can be 'easy' to drive but still need a certain amount of effort which you should feel, driving modern day F1 cars is 'easy' especially the Merc, but the drivers still need to be very very fit and healthy to truly drive one on the limit.
I'm saying PCars is great and now after patch 7 'I' feel its got a wonderful new energy to it with the RUF gt3 and the old retro touring cars, not sure why a Mod is twisting my arm, should i say it bad or something?:confused:
It's great that you're having fun now with the game, but concluding it's now better/more realistic is not a truth automatically and should be allowed to be discussed. The fact that I'm a moderator doesn't matter. I know it's not easy to distinguish between me stating a personal opinion and me stating something that is the opinion of SMS, but most of the things that I post in discussions is in fact my personal opinion. If it's an official statement, I'll make it perfectly clear.

dopedogz
17-12-2015, 09:21
It's great that you're having fun now with the game, but concluding it's now better/more realistic is not a truth automatically and should be allowed to be discussed. The fact that I'm a moderator doesn't matter. I know it's not easy to distinguish between me stating a personal opinion and me stating something that is the opinion of SMS, but most of the things that I post in discussions is in fact my personal opinion. If it's an official statement, I'll make it perfectly clear.

Problem could also be the FFB settings as i have finally found some i can work with, the way they can change feel to be fair you could take 10 people all with TX wheels and all having different experience from good to bad, that's before you add in the altering of car tune settings...its no wonder really Rem. Before i sorted out my FFB i'd of said this game was rubbish, now I cant stay off it, i'm addicted.

(roccoTS globals, jack spade bumps plus and classic)

N0body Of The Goat
17-12-2015, 09:22

It is if you use different colour fonts. ;)

Sankyo
17-12-2015, 09:39
Problem could also be the FFB settings as i have finally found some i can work with, the way they can change feel to be fair you could take 10 people all with TX wheels and all having different experience from good to bad, that's before you add in the altering of car tune settings...its no wonder really Rem. Before i sorted out my FFB i'd of said this game was rubbish, now I cant stay off it, i'm addicted.

(roccoTS globals, jack spade bumps plus and classic)
Yes non-default FFB can actually do what you see in the real-life video, I didn't think of that. The wheel movement would then basically have the same cause.

dopedogz
17-12-2015, 09:57
Yes non-default FFB can actually do what you see in the real-life video, I didn't think of that. The wheel movement would then basically have the same cause.

There is a beautiful and rich FFB system within this game which once unlocked is a game changer, for PCars 2 i'd hope we get full FFB customisation still, BUT with say 3-5 pre sets to chose from so people can have a play and see if they want to delve deeper.
This biggest issue I see is not everyone is playing with same FFB settings and the can change the whole feel and the way the car is handled, I doubt my setting s are perfect but i am pretty happy with them.
I dont think any of this bickering is really the players fault, its down to people using so mnay differing settings on both pads and wheels.

dopedogz
17-12-2015, 10:14
Just to add this thread and others is just people with their own personal opinions. What i hope is that SMS have their OWN people working on this and seeing real data etc etc and can give us some indication of why they even bothered at this stage just before a Christmas break to change something so important.

2pfspiff
17-12-2015, 13:58
Is crew chief a pc app or is it on Android also?

Boskapongen
17-12-2015, 14:01
Is crew chief a pc app or is it on Android also?

On Android.

2pfspiff
17-12-2015, 14:03

Ran a 30 lap race with 30 cars at Sonoma. No issues and the tire physics seem to be fixed. Did not heat up like in patch 6 and the wear seems to be spot on. Ran meds up from and softs in the rear. By lap 22 I had about a 1/4 left in the fronts and about an 1/8 left in the rear.

2pfspiff
17-12-2015, 14:05
On Android.

Where can i get it for android. I tried the link that was in the forum and it would not work. Thanks for the reply Boskapongen.

could_do_better
17-12-2015, 14:07
Play store.

Crew Chief and Crew Chief Demo are both downloadable here in the UK

beetes_juice
17-12-2015, 19:01
Ran a 30 lap race with 30 cars at Sonoma. No issues and the tire physics seem to be fixed. Did not heat up like in patch 6 and the wear seems to be spot on. Ran meds up from and softs in the rear. By lap 22 I had about a 1/4 left in the fronts and about an 1/8 left in the rear.

What were your test parameters? (Honestly asking)

I did extensive testing in the GT3 @ Sonoma with 6.0 and 7.0. What I found is the complete opposite to this post. (bold points)

Sonoma for the most part should kill tires not stay in the "green"

Flat_out
17-12-2015, 19:37
Where can i get it for android. I tried the link that was in the forum and it would not work. Thanks for the reply Boskapongen.

Look up project cars crew chief

Roger Prynne
17-12-2015, 20:10

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-console-amp-PC&highlight=crew+chief

RoccoTTS
17-12-2015, 20:19
Crew chief app is really brilliant, works perfect !!

VulcanVFX
18-12-2015, 01:45
That's down to Microsoft.Not SMS!

Actually no, it's SMS, the Xbox one already has keyboard support itself, afterwards it's up to the game devs to add the support to the games.

TheReaper GT
18-12-2015, 01:53
Actually no, it's SMS, the Xbox one already has keyboard support itself, afterwards it's up to the game devs to add the support to the games.

not exactly, until last month update, only for preview members, we didn't have in game keyboard support. Microsoft did not allowed the use of keyboard inside games, not even their own games. After last month update they started testing but I don't know if they already have it down to SDK level..

nhraracer
18-12-2015, 04:15
WOW! I don't know how you guys are playing this on the xbox one! When i go off the road or get hit by an AI my steering wheel goes nuts! If i wouldn't have paused the game it would have torn my new fanatec csw v2 up! Won't open this game again on the one!

dopedogz
18-12-2015, 06:49
WOW! I don't know how you guys are playing this on the xbox one! When i go off the road or get hit by an AI my steering wheel goes nuts! If i wouldn't have paused the game it would have torn my new fanatec csw v2 up! Won't open this game again on the one!

You not read all the stuff about setting up FFB etc etc etc? Apart from causing trouble what is the point in this posting? All your doing really in getting a dig against people who own an xbox1 is suggesting that SMS sold an shoddy game to xbox1 with bad FFB.

SMS if your reading my FFB is set up pretty good and i'm loving the feeling from my TX, thanks and to add since dash update game runs much better even buttery smooth at times.

nhraracer
18-12-2015, 07:23
You not read all the stuff about setting up FFB etc etc etc? Apart from causing trouble what is the point in this posting? All your doing really in getting a dig against people who own an xbox1 is suggesting that SMS sold an shoddy game to xbox1 with bad FFB.

SMS if your reading my FFB is set up pretty good and i'm loving the feeling from my TX, thanks and to add since dash update game runs much better even buttery smooth at times.

The point is i don't have time to waist setting up ffb (i have a life)! I like to drop in and play! I turned it on today, tried it out, went on the grass and my wheel got yanked out of my hands! If you don't have any help, why don't you keep your dirty fingers off the keyboard!?

EDIT: I have this game on all 3 platforms and xbox one version is the only one that is doing THIS! I have no reason to take a "dig" at SMS. I enjoy the game. Figured I would report this. Didn't mean to get yours panties in a bunch. Also this was not happening pre 7.0.

dopedogz
18-12-2015, 07:31
The point is i don't have time to waist setting up ffb (i have a life)! I like to drop in and play! I turned it on today, tried it out, went on the grass and my wheel got yanked out of my hands! If you don't have any help, why don't you keep your dirty fingers off the keyboard!?

Whose fault is that? Microsoft? You should know by now that PCars needs you to spend some time setting up ffb. Why claim thats is an XBOX issue? Agenda much? Do you run default FFB on your PC with Pcars?

odemode
18-12-2015, 08:51
Simple solution..............stick to the black stuff

nhraracer
18-12-2015, 14:53
Simple solution..............stick to the black stuff

Ya that's the real answer to the problem. And we have a moderator upvoting this post. SAD! So you have never been bumped off the "black stuff"? I'll just take it as a loss that i bought the Xbox one version expecting that it wasn't going to tare my hardware up?! I love the game, but i will stick to my pc and ps4 version. Last post on the forums. don't need the frustration.

diesel97
18-12-2015, 15:01
Ya that's the real answer to the problem. And we have a moderator upvoting this post. SAD! So you have never been bumped off the "black stuff"? I'll just take it as a loss that i bought the Xbox one version expecting that it wasn't going to tare my hardware up?! I love the game, but i will stick to my pc and ps4 version. Last post on the forums. don't need the frustration.

Its always fun when the mods jump in on a good old gang bang :mad:

RoccoTTS
18-12-2015, 15:06

Don't take everything so serious man, we can have a laugh once in awhile, do we ?

OctoberDusk06
18-12-2015, 19:08
I have said this before and read others who believe the developers have moved on, the removal of the coming soon to a number of issues in the last patch doesn't help with this feeling either. Its a dangerous game though, as confidence in buying any following products is reflected from your previous work. If its not finished, then don't expect many sales.

I don't complain about the multiplayer because I think, to some extent, it's not within the control of SMS. But the tire model....

This smacks of "shades of Shift2: Unleashed". Who's made the call to be more like Forza? Nobody wants to point fingers, as it was clear the devs (Casey, bluntly and courageously said "unlearn your bad habits") thought the 6.0 tire model was accurate. Most PC racers, PC racers with a pad, console racers with real life experience, players who compared actual track times, and on and on and on...applauded the change (mostly in silence). Many league racers I run with loved the 6.0 model because it was more realistic. These guys on the console that race *religiously* in leagues and in long long races are your benchmark, I'd submit. However, these people are not prone to knee-jerk reactions and generally took the increased difficulty as a challenge, not a chance to whine on forums. Generally. Many I know (both in my home league and others) either loved the change or were a bit taken aback by it, and smarty adapted, found new techniques, or new stint strategies....JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE. I have great respect for these players.

I know the GT3 junkies (can we just get a separate GT3 game and make it like Forza?) were a but shocked at first, but when they sat and thought about i) the stick; ii) the car (i.e. weight); and iii) their love of speed over restraint...they softened. In fact, I know many real drivers to this day (F1 drivers say it all the time) that will tell you most of the time in the car, during a race, is not spent "racing on the edge" but managing a stressful equipment situation, knowing when to push, and trying to "hit all sorts of marks". Bob Bondurant, a teaching and driving legend, who I had the honor of speaking briefly, said it best, and what he said was: "The essence of high-performance driving, be it on the street or on the race-track, is to control weight transfer in order to maximize traction during the basic functions of braking, cornering, and acceleration." http://www.pnwr.org/track/driver_skills/guide.asp

That small page is a goldmine of beginner info on how to drive from the guy who taught practically every racer to be in the U.S. My favorite part that is relevant here: "The two most important things we will teach you today are how to get your car into tire-squealing mode in a controlled manner- quickly, smoothly and consistently- and just as importantly, how to respond when the tires howl and you are sliding." Dear complainers: Do you know when your tires howl? Or do you just look at the red and see red? Or do you not really care as long as you are top 1% on the "leader-board" of other armchair racers? (Sorry for the sarcasm...but conclusory thinking irks me).

In fact, I submitted many videos which showed how *soft* tires, on GT cars, could be managed. The moderators were seemingly using facts, data, opinion, and logic to back up what many *experienced* PC SIM racers were saying -- 6.0 was a step in the right direction. Remco *became* his/her icon pic (lol) pulling a lot of dead weight that didn't want move (I loved that imagery). I don't put myself in the category of "PC SIM experienced" as I don't have much gaming experience, but a lot of actual racing experience...in fact, I would dare say that anyone who had not played a racing game on a proper PC SIM in the last 3-5 years has no modern SIM experience at all, because no title on a console comes close. In that regard, the only influence they have is the purse. And to the execs, this is the only thing that matters.

Project Cars was that title I was hoping that would "hold the line" so to speak...against the "it's too hard" waves. SMS had to know had to know this was coming, from people being conditioned like Skinner's lab rats (hereinafter "the stick and gun crowd") to expect a tiny stick to act like a steering wheel (which it apparently can, even with the old model) and expect that blasting around Sonoma at *any* sort of race pace would not cause your tires to heat up. The sad part to me was that the complainers were listened to. Even sadder is that (once again) those on the console looking for an experience that matches real life (sorta) may have to look elsewhere. The new console telemetry was a stroke of genius. Why oh why could you not have allowed this telemetry to actually teach the stick and gun crowd the realities of "driving" a real race car, as most classes were still far to lenient on tire wear. In fact, even with the 6.0 model, 3-4 of us could not keep enough heat *in* the tires (soft) once the sun started setting in Germany. And it was not like we are racing on ice. Question: Did you have to dumb down all the cars because there is only one "tire model" or could you have saved non 3,500lb. cars from this 7.0 debacle? I don't expect an answer from anyone in the know, but I often wonder.

In the end, I don't blame SMS because they are stuck in a hard spot. "Holding the line" is sometimes not possible when execs come down on your head to maximize profits or make a tire model that "fits" every type of car made. I've been in that corporate environment, and the scary lawyers or the "guy with the sales projections/figures" always win. This is just speculation, of course, as I have no idea why SMS reverted back. But hopefully they will reconsider. I expect this is why we are not hearing from them. Either that or it's a well deserved holiday.

The two single biggest issues that will crush other console competition with serious racers are: 1. Telemetry access (check). 2. Rock Solid Multiplayer (ummm. not check). Tire Modeling is about #12. It does not take an Einstein to figure out that the worst tire model in the world (Forza) can sell millions. So, hey, why not grab that cash instead of taking a risk (which has been the beauty of SMS to date) and change the whole goddamn platform. I know what Steve Jobs would have done....

I'll leave you with a run in my shiny new Ruf GT3 machine around a track in the desert. Track Temp 108F I believe. No need for tire warmers! This is a race where only the softest tires are allowed, and you have to do a punishing lap, then a doughnut or two at the start/finish, then another lap, until tires are "gone"....Off are encouraged, and you win if you can destroy your tires the quickest. I lost. Took me 20 laps (Tire wear = 4X). Tires stayed as green as beautiful northern English grass. Too sad to laugh here. But, hey, the doughnuts looked so cool. I believe what you have done is take the "red" away from the equation, since wear rates still pass the laugh test. But in doing so, driving style is no longer that big a deal, as it is in reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bv1hhY72l8

beetes_juice
18-12-2015, 19:16
October, If you haven't may want to check out the tire discussion thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION/page329) to see the SMS responses....:(

OctoberDusk06
18-12-2015, 22:21
October, If you haven't may want to check out the tire discussion thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION/page329) to see the SMS responses....:(

Thanks Beet. Looks like my ice cold tires will have to be tolerated for a few more weeks. I can't say, from my experience on a track, that patch 6.0 was "overreaching" though. But at least the are accepting the reality that the 7.0 tire model simply have no place in a SIM racing game. The telemetry apps will fairly useless until all this i sorted. But at least it's being worked on. And I give them much credit for that.

d4ninho
19-12-2015, 12:38
tyre model 7 is here for the pad users, it stops them overheating tyres due to the lock to lock steering a pad has, i have been told by pad users i race with that since the patch the game has been much easier to drive on, now this could just be coincidence and maybe they are just faster now then they were before but you never know, sms could just be going after the casual gamers since a lot of so called hardcore sim racers have moved on due to the problems the game had early on.

xmas is coming and they want as many ppl to buy and play as possible, so why not make it easier for the majority of pad users to play.

TheReaper GT
19-12-2015, 12:48
tyre model 7 is here for the pad users, it stops them overheating tyres due to the lock to lock steering a pad has, i have been told by pad users i race with that since the patch the game has been much easier to drive on, now this could just be coincidence and maybe they are just faster now then they were before but you never know, sms could just be going after the casual gamers since a lot of so called hardcore sim racers have moved on due to the problems the game had early on.

xmas is coming and they want as many ppl to buy and play as possible, so why not make it easier for the majority of pad users to play.

I beg to differ, the only pad user that can say is easier now is the slower one. I'm by no means the faster guy but I'm pretty fast, smooth and consistent, I really like 6.0 better. The only cause for the lock to lock overheating is the overdrive.

Flat_out
19-12-2015, 12:56
There is still crash back to dash while picking a car in garage for quick race weekend.This is happening quite a lot so should be easy to replicate!!

TheReaper GT
19-12-2015, 12:58
There is still crash back to dash while picking a car in garage for quick race weekend.This is happening quite a lot so should be easy to replicate!!

Never had this one

Fractured Life
19-12-2015, 13:26
Never had this one

I had the crash to dash from the car selection twice now.

Still enjoying it but the tyre heating is pretty odd now, tyres never getting back to the same heat they started in certain classes in tt. Even when setting competitive tt times (competitive to a point, not many running at the classic tracks in Road class) the tyres lose about 10 degrees from when you start over a few hard laps.

TheReaper GT
19-12-2015, 13:38
I had the crash to dash from the car selection twice now.

Still enjoying it but the tyre heating is pretty odd now, tyres never getting back to the same heat they started in certain classes in tt. Even when setting competitive tt times (competitive to a point, not many running at the classic tracks in Road class) the tyres lose about 10 degrees from when you start over a few hard laps.

Agreed about the tyres, feels strange. In almost all classes but gt3.

Jezza819
19-12-2015, 17:46
What is the total game size supposed to be post 7.0? I don't think I got the patch. If I remember correctly I had to force the download last time.

Flat_out
19-12-2015, 17:55
What is the total game size supposed to be post 7.0? I don't think I got the patch. If I remember correctly I had to force the download last time.

You don't want it anyway.Trust me!

Flat_out
19-12-2015, 18:42

My game size is 23.3GB

TheReaper GT
19-12-2015, 19:14

Go to games and apps, highlight pcars, press both triggers + view, it will show the game version.

Fractured Life
20-12-2015, 12:42
Go to games and apps, highlight pcars, press both triggers + view, it will show the game version.

Also shows the build in the bottom left of screen, if not from main menu then at least from options menu

Ixoye56
20-12-2015, 15:18

I had this problem also, if it is a different car than the one I last drove in the garage the game will most likely Ctd when i try to change car from the garage menu, but if i instead go to free-practice and change my car from that menu, it will work ok.

nhraracer
21-12-2015, 00:49

Just in case anyone runs into this issue i had a very knowledgeable member here tell me through pm how to fix this. Adjust the low speed steering damper saturation. Thanks @Jack Spade! :)

Hammerpgh
22-12-2015, 11:27

I'd have to disagree on this. I am finding that post patch I can now run pretty much flat out lap after lap, pushing as hard as I can all the time with no fear of overheating my tyres and therefore causing greater tyre wear. My tyres never do more than go to the slightly darker shade of green no matter what I do and since the patch I have not seen any tyre overheat at all which to me is just not how it should be. I want to feel that I have to adjust my style for driving throughout a race to cater for the way the tyres heat and wear rather than being able to go flat out from start to finish. Did a test at Obershleben and there was such a marked difference between the pre-patch and post patch tyres. Pre-patch was much more how I liked it with the challenge of managing tyres whilst still tryingot post fast laps.

Jezza819
22-12-2015, 15:00
Also shows the build in the bottom left of screen, if not from main menu then at least from options menu

All I see on the lower left of any of my screens is like a footnote describing what that screen is showing. I forgot to look at the games & apps screen in the Xbox dashboard last night.

2pfspiff
22-12-2015, 17:18
I'd have to disagree on this. I am finding that post patch I can now run pretty much flat out lap after lap, pushing as hard as I can all the time with no fear of overheating my tyres and therefore causing greater tyre wear. My tyres never do more than go to the slightly darker shade of green no matter what I do and since the patch I have not seen any tyre overheat at all which to me is just not how it should be. I want to feel that I have to adjust my style for driving throughout a race to cater for the way the tyres heat and wear rather than being able to go flat out from start to finish. Did a test at Obershleben and there was such a marked difference between the pre-patch and post patch tyres. Pre-patch was much more how I liked it with the challenge of managing tyres whilst still trying to post fast laps.

I won't argue with you that the tire model in patch 6.0 made it more realistic than 5.0 or 7.0 for that matter. But the 6.0 patch was a little over the top with tire heating. I would run 3 laps without really pushing the car and my tires would be red. Now I know in real life they are going to heat up if pushing the car, but 6.0 was overkill. I learned to adjust my driving style to cool them down so I was able to manage my tire wear. I just don't think it was realistic. It definitely needs to be toned down some what. I will agree after some further driving that the 7.0 tire physics need some more adjustment (Leaning towards 6.0 physics than 7.0 physics), but it seems that SMS already is in the process of correcting this for Patch 8.0.

I personally think SMS is doing a pretty decent job (not perfect) of trying to get Pcars as good or as close to PC quality as they can. There is a lot more involved with coding for a console like XB1 and PS4 then there is for the PC (in my opinion). I will say that I think they could have waited a bit longer than they did to release it to get the bugs worked out, but then again they probably wouldn't have found half the bugs that have plagued if it wasn't for the community playing this game and pointing them out. I hope they can get Pcars to the point of bug free before they push out Pcars2. Either way, I am not going anywhere. This game is truly the best console racing game that I have ever owned (And I own it for both XB1 and PS4). It is pushing me to build a Gaming PC so I can not only get Pcars for PC, but try other Sim racing games Ac, Rfactor2 and Iracing. I am also planning to have a sim rig setup in the next couple of years..

OctoberDusk06
29-12-2015, 17:11
I learned to adjust my driving style to cool them down so I was able to manage my tire wear. I just don't think it was realistic.

If you were on mediums or hards I'd say you would have an argument, but if on GT softs, that second sentence is swallowed up by the first.

2pfspiff
30-12-2015, 12:48
If you were on mediums or hards I'd say you would have an argument, but if on GT softs, that second sentence is swallowed up by the first.

I was running on Mediums. I was burning up the soft tires to fast. I race in an endurance league (not that I am good) and when running the Sonoma GP track for 60 laps, I needed to pit about 4 times with the soft compared with 2 times and careful driving with the mediums.

N0body Of The Goat
30-12-2015, 12:55
I was running on Mediums. I was burning up the soft tires to fast. I race in an endurance league (not that I am good) and when running the Sonoma GP track for 60 laps, I needed to pit about 4 times with the soft compared with 2 times and careful driving with the mediums.

At a track like Sonoma, with all those fast sweeping bends, I'd expect soft compounds to overheat and wear rapidly unless you not were pushing like a nutter and/or the track temp was towards the pCARS lower limit of 16C (rather than the typical ~35C track temp).

Even mediums would need some tyre management IMO, posting time trial-esque laptimes lap after lap in a race should punish the tyres.

Patch 6 was not the real issue IMO, it was a user issue, exacerbated by those users overdriving on gamepads.

Dynomight Motorsports
31-12-2015, 02:45
I'm glad they rolled back the overheating of the tires.. but they needed to scale the tire wear so Soft's don't last as long as Medium's or Hard's. Sonoma is a good example as I've done a bit of testing there being in the same league as 2pfSpiff. Pre Patch v7.0 Soft Tires were overheating for aprox 10 laps running race pace and lasting aprox 18-20 laps. Medium Tires would take longer to heat up run consistent lap times and would not go Red but would show discoloration and last aprox 30-33 laps. Hard tires wouldn't overheat at all run consistent lap times albeit 1.5-2 seconds off the pace but last aprox 40 laps. Why can't we have scale-able wear based on abuse of the tire. Basically have tire physics so running Soft's doesn't prove to be an advantage every time. Soft's should be used only for Sprint races, and qualifying in GT3. That's all we really want. Race pace will be at more of a realistic pace if on Mediums or Hards.