PDA

View Full Version : AI post patch 7

Strakka
16-12-2015, 16:01
Before this patch i was happily racing the 77' lotus f1 car in career and done 4 races and had fun bar an anomoly in the tire heating at monza.
However i have now downloaded the patch and went to finish my series to find that the AI are soo aggressive that they are just not aware that you are there. They have spun me out in a corner when they just stuck their nose on my rear wheel then when i am dead in the road they all seem to fail to slow down and go around. They instead opt to scoop me up with their front wings and send me flying.

Plato99
16-12-2015, 16:36
I've had this problem on Classic Silverstone since it was released. Spend most of my time keeping off the racing line just to avoid getting rear-ended by the Demolition Derby behind me.
Please don't tell me its got worse after Patch 7............ :(

Strakka
16-12-2015, 16:46
Im currently on sakkito and if i brake on the racing line some cars are just going into me or on acceleration if they are faster coming out they don't go to the side or brake, they just accelerate into me and spin me

Machinist90
16-12-2015, 16:54
open wheelers would be a lot more fun with non-crazy AI,such a shame cause the cars are great

KkDrummer
16-12-2015, 18:59
man..that lotus content is pretty much broken....try Lotus 49c at Monza.....unbelievable you had to pay for that and it has not been fixed yet....

ports
16-12-2015, 19:12
Since patch 7.0 the AI are shocking they have crashed in to me more times in the past 2 days than they have since the game came out this is in lmp1 didn't have this issue until now.

CreamyDischarge
16-12-2015, 22:04
man..that lotus content is pretty much broken....try Lotus 49c at Monza.....unbelievable you had to pay for that and it has not been fixed yet....

Really the solution here is to not buy content for a game that still have serious issues and only purchase it after the game meets your expectations.

Rewarding the company buy purchasing it, means you are Satisfied with the game, the progress and its current state. I'm happy to come back and buy the DLC IF the game is ever fixed, if not ... Well they lose a sale.

Problem is so many people still buy broken content, then complain about it afterward. It's too late then.

It's like watching someone repeatedly drop their laptop, and then still buy it off them 7 months later and yet be surprised when it doesn't work work properly ;)

Money talks

ashasha
16-12-2015, 22:35
Yeah, but if nobody buys a game then development stops because there is no money in it.

I'm not arguing with your points, but just saying that there is a balance that has to be met. If there is no revenue the company doesn't invest into improving it. There has to be a balance between profitability and the company being willing to invest in improvement. Even though it's still not perfect you can't say that they haven't been working on it with the number of patches they've released and while there are still some issues there have been a good number of things fixed in the meantime.

I'd be curious to see if they will ever be able to make this a solid game on the console. It's a mighty tall order given the relatively modest hardware vs. a PC.

Flat_out
16-12-2015, 22:39
Yeah, but if nobody buys a game then development stops because there is no money in it.

I'm not arguing with your points, but just saying that there is a balance that has to be met. If there is no revenue the company doesn't invest into improving it. There has to be a balance between profitability and the company being willing to invest in improvement. Even though it's still not perfect you can't say that they haven't been working on it with the number of patches they've released and while there are still some issues there have been a good number of things fixed in the meantime.

I'd be curious to see if they will ever be able to make this a solid game on the console. It's a mighty tall order given the relatively modest hardware vs. a PC.

I think were at the point of its not going to work IMO.

7 months in and the biggest bugs in the game have not even seen an attempt to fix!

bluesky0870
16-12-2015, 22:59
Even though it's still not perfect you can't say that they haven't been working on it with the number of patches they've released and while there are still some issues there have been a good number of things fixed in the meantime.

I am here with you that they worked a lot in the last 7 month. But to work a lot is not enough when the result isn't satisfying and a lot of issues were brought into the game by patches (the newest AI behaviour is the next one) and still are not fixed with patch number nine in total for the consoles.

They fixed and implemented many things what is good and fine. But it would be great to see the main issues to be gone.

Strakka
17-12-2015, 09:28
The lotus im on about isn't part of the recently released dlc, this lotus has been in the game from the start

Hammerpgh
17-12-2015, 10:01
Can't say i've noticed many of the problems others have experienced in this game since the patch apart from the tyres in LMP2 are now way too easy to manage. I love the game though. Yes there are some annoyances (save game corruption, lack of multiple setups, etc) that bug me a times but overall I am more than happy with what I have now. I am on the Xbox One btw.

ReadingRich
17-12-2015, 10:11
The only issue I've had since patch 7 is the Bentley Continental GT3 seems physically slower in the wet and by a country mile than it did before. On the other had it may just be more accurate now.
As for the game being broken etc it's getting a bit old now. I too wasn't over impressed when I got it on day one but now I can't get enough of. Yes it's not right but from how it was on day one it's a completely different game. If guys are fed up with it trade it in, get some thing else. If your so sure after 7 months it broken why still play it? And/or complain on here about it.

rtazz17
17-12-2015, 13:55

I see your point sort of but Its kind of like the poor dog that keeps getting beat but goes back to lick the hand that beats him still.7 months and its a broken record on this forum."Its going to be fixed in patch such and such" then that patch comes out and its still broke plus things that werent broke prior to patch are now broke.Sms should really just throw the towel in.Its leading everybody on to think its going to get better.They took on too much and arent willing to admit it.In reguards to it being a hardware issue? Go read the pc forums on steam etc for project cars.Its a mess on pc platfirm as well.

rtazz17
17-12-2015, 13:58
The only issue I've had since patch 7 is the Bentley Continental GT3 seems physically slower in the wet and by a country mile than it did before. On the other had it may just be more accurate now.
As for the game being broken etc it's getting a bit old now. I too wasn't over impressed when I got it on day one but now I can't get enough of. Yes it's not right but from how it was on day one it's a completely different game. If guys are fed up with it trade it in, get some thing else. If your so sure after 7 months it broken why still play it? And/or complain on here about it.
Because this is the forum to air your complaints.We bought the right to complain after we bought the game.On the other hand you dont have to read or respond to the complaints.Just move on.To say the game is different now then day one is rediculous.Yeah its different,its been patched 9 times and introduced a multitude of other bugs.If you havent noticed you are now in the minority here.95 percent of current threads are complaints on this broken game.Go ahead,go look at current threads.I see one out of 11 that are positive headings..You are still drinking the kool aide apparently.lol

Hammerpgh
17-12-2015, 15:55
Because this is the forum to air your complaints.We bought the right to complain after we bought the game.On the other hand you dont have to read or respond to the complaints.Just move on.To say the game is different now then day one is rediculous.Yeah its different,its been patched 9 times and introduced a multitude of other bugs.If you havent noticed you are now in the minority here.95 percent of current threads are complaints on this broken game.Go ahead,go look at current threads.I see one out of 11 that are positive headings..You are still drinking the kool aide apparently.lol

By nature forums and the like have a far greater number of people complaining than those singing it's praises because we come here looking for solutions, etc. I'm with @rtazz17 though in so far as the game is greatly improved since day one and I am having immense fun with it. It still brings a smile to my face when I fire the game up... but at the same time I have a lot of sympathy for those that have been hamstrung by way more problems than i've had. I just feel bad for them that they are missing out on a great time in the game.

ReadingRich
18-12-2015, 00:51

No not still drinking the cool aide genuine complaints and are issues are fine not the constant "this games broken, it sucks" rubbish that finds its way on every thread on here. If you hate it don't play it. But then what would people have to moan about.

TenthDan
18-12-2015, 01:46

And 85% (statistical accuracy matching the above logic) of those complaints are over-exaggerations, hyperbole, vague or insulting.

'Complaints' work best when applied with some thought:

Define the problem
Describe the impact
Provide as much detail as possible (especially if related to bugs)
Describe the changes that would improve the situation for you

Sure, not everyone will follow this and people often just feel like a rant, but don't expect quality discourse if the opening statement isn't well formed.

I.e. Crap data in -> Crap data out ;)

Konan
18-12-2015, 05:32
I.e. ANY data in (good,bad,constructive,...) -> NO data out recently...
And I do understand they're maybe avoiding this forum for the crappy remarks but don't need to punish the good along with the bad....not necessarily saying i'm one of the "good"....lol

grrrillapmp
18-12-2015, 19:23
And 85% (statistical accuracy matching the above logic) of those complaints are over-exaggerations, hyperbole, vague or insulting.

Define the problem
Describe the impact

Sure, not everyone will follow this and people often just feel like a rant, but don't expect quality discourse if the opening statement isn't well formed.

I.e. Crap data in -> Crap data out ;)

So all those people that gave data about the save game bug that were ignored?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

mister dog
18-12-2015, 21:34

Define the problem
Describe the impact
I agree totally. Thing is the AI thread already has close to a 100 pages of people describing the problem through this very same logic, but so far there hasn't been any attempt to correct the divebombing.