PDA

View Full Version : played for the first time in a while and...

ImStylinOnYaBro
17-12-2015, 04:53
a m8 and i have wantd to play for months but never have. recently a friend got the game so we finally have gotten to race each other and we have had a blast. i have a few questions, though. i havent played daily since around patch 2.0, have they reworked the physics on a couple of cars or am i just imagining things? in particular, the oldest lotus f1 car seems much easier to drive than what i remember. also, while for some reason the zondda-r handles bad, it seems to be even worse now days.

odemode
17-12-2015, 05:43
The game has seen some big changes since patch 2.0 dude, all for the better IMO. I'm not sure if you're aware of this site www.projectcarssetups.eu but it comes in useful for tuning cars if you're not in the know.

biggbaddwolf
17-12-2015, 06:01
Personally I think the default set-ups are as good as any in the set-up guide. I have tried several, and always end up back at the default settings.

odemode
17-12-2015, 06:51
I used the set up guide at first but I agree, they are totally user defined. I now tend to tune my own to my driving style which have given me some cracking times.

SUBGTRACER
17-12-2015, 06:59
You can very much Taylor the tune to how you drive I also choose this route over some of the available tunes

M-Bimmer
17-12-2015, 10:30
Personally I think the default set-ups are as good as any in the set-up guide. I have tried several, and always end up back at the default settings.

+1 :D

biggbaddwolf
17-12-2015, 12:20
That is the beauty of this game though, every one has a different experience, and there is really no wrong way, or right way, just whatever works best for you :D

ImStylinOnYaBro
17-12-2015, 15:51
ah thanks for the site, didnt know aabout it. i think we may try throwing some stuff at the zonda. i am just shocked at how bad the brakes and turning were on a car that is supposed to be fantastic. really, really loving teh cat-a touring merc, bmw 320, and formula gulf.

Zeke Bewlay
17-12-2015, 19:27
I use the setup database quite a bit to get 'generic' settings like transmission ratios which should be similar across drivers, and if I'm having trouble with a setup and want some fresh ideas. For example getting the differential just right can be tricky so I sometimes find it useful to try some other peoples settings. Almost never find that someone else setup feels just right though and have to tweak

Gravit8
18-12-2015, 00:37

True that.
No one shares leaderboard or fast setups there.

Wish there were more good tunes scattered about.
I got a good one I found here in this forum luckily, and it's one of the only times I've been able to enjoy racing AI at or near 100.
Very different experience with legit tunes compared to how difficult it is with the defaults.
This game is ALL about setups, with NO ONE running defaults anywhere online.
And the official tuning database is very light on fast tunes.

Has a lot to do with the empty online lobby scene in my opinion.

Umer Ahmad
18-12-2015, 00:54
ah thanks for the site, didnt know aabout it. i think we may try throwing some stuff at the zonda. i am just shocked at how bad the brakes and turning were on a car that is supposed to be fantastic. really, really loving teh cat-a touring merc, bmw 320, and formula gulf.

This is the deception of the road cars. You think they are the "best cars in the game" but actualy they have waaaaay too much horsepower for their tyres, downforce and brakes. Very easy to "overdrive" them at first.

bradleyland
18-12-2015, 15:51
This is the deception of the road cars. You think they are the "best cars in the game" but actualy they have waaaaay too much horsepower for their tyres, downforce and brakes. Very easy to "overdrive" them at first.

Exactly. This is what automotive journalists are talking about when the refer to balancing the chassis with engine power. Having eleventy billion horsepower is fun for a little while, but if the car's chassis isn't well sorted, you won't be able to put it to good use.

Personally, I enjoy the more balanced cars to the supercars. I have a setup for the Mustang GT that I absolutely love lapping the Nordschleife or California Highway with. I dialed in good body control, but the car still moves around just the right amount. I'm never going to set any records in that car/setup, but I'm still having a ton of fun.

Roger Prynne
18-12-2015, 15:57
Exactly. This is what automotive journalists are talking about when the refer to balancing the chassis with engine power. Having eleventy billion horsepower is fun for a little while, but if the car's chassis isn't well sorted, you won't be able to put it to good use.

Personally, I enjoy the more balanced cars to the supercars. I have a setup for the Mustang GT that I absolutely love lapping the Nordschleife or California Highway with. I dialed in good body control, but the car still moves around just the right amount. I'm never going to set any records in that car/setup, but I'm still having a ton of fun.

That's the main thing and what it's all about.

vahagn_hayk
18-12-2015, 16:44
i would just say simply, it has to do with the fact that people who have good setups, for the very simple fact do not want to share, since they spent hours tuning their vehicle(s).

LotusTeam
18-12-2015, 18:07
True that.
No one shares leaderboard or fast setups there.

Wish there were more good tunes scattered about.
I got a good one I found here in this forum luckily, and it's one of the only times I've been able to enjoy racing AI at or near 100.
Very different experience with legit tunes compared to how difficult it is with the defaults.
This game is ALL about setups, with NO ONE running defaults anywhere online.
And the official tuning database is very light on fast tunes.

Has a lot to do with the empty online lobby scene in my opinion.

No u are wrong....I love to run default on whatever car online, as host I will check force default setup too and I don't think I'm the only one doing this

ImStylinOnYaBro
18-12-2015, 19:09
right, the online lobby scene is beyond dead :( takes ages to find a race aside from gt3. wish they had some sort of playlist that just put random car and track combos.

poirqc
18-12-2015, 22:39
right, the online lobby scene is beyond dead :( takes ages to find a race aside from gt3. wish they had some sort of playlist that just put random car and track combos.

I thought the GT3 and Formula only public lobbies only plagued the PC version!

ImStylinOnYaBro
19-12-2015, 00:13
I thought the GT3 and Formula only public lobbies only plagued the PC version!

IF i see something other than gt3 ( which is ok, but too easy to drive) or Formula a,b,c (annoying cuz you instantly get crashed) i end up just leaving because 2-4 people just sit in a lobby without hte race starting after 7-10 minutes.

LotusTeam
19-12-2015, 08:34
come to my room guys, i run all cars whatever u guys like, I hosted a room running road C2 at Nordschleife for 3 hours today afternoon, most of the public players came and gone or disconnected during half of the race....

Slow or fast doesn't matter, but driving attitude all matters....

And most public players need to be educated on the driving manners, they side-pushed, they bumped at the back, they cut, they hit you and give it shxt on your race line, totally crap...

Gravit8
19-12-2015, 21:55
come to my room guys, i run all cars whatever u guys like, I hosted a room running road C2 at Nordschleife for 3 hours today afternoon, most of the public players came and gone or disconnected during half of the race....

Slow or fast doesn't matter, but driving attitude all matters....

And most public players need to be educated on the driving manners, they side-pushed, they bumped at the back, they cut, they hit you and give it shxt on your race line, totally crap...

Sure. Add me if u want.
Pin= nutty113
Or leave your psn handle or something.

LotusTeam
20-12-2015, 04:43
Sure. Add me if u want.
Pin= nutty113
Or leave your psn handle or something.

my psn is same as my forum ID, thanks

LotusTeam
20-12-2015, 04:52

I seldom run super road cars, my favorite class for road cars are Road D and up to Road B, never enjoy the Road A very much

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
20-12-2015, 05:16
It's not like too much power is a drawback if you're going against similar chassis. Just hold off in the twisty bits more than others do, and go faster on the straights.