PDA

View Full Version : PCars Dash App

D3L8OY
17-12-2015, 11:33
Patch 7 has opened up a new options for Devs, I have tried PCars Dash on my iPhone 6 Plus, then when an got a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" tablet and it works perfectly on this as well. Well done SMS and PCars Dash Dev teams, this had certainly added another great dimension to a great game.

baznitch
17-12-2015, 12:06
It's great! Keep it up sms

Nickname85
17-12-2015, 12:44
Especially thanks tot the pCars Dash developer(s) and the other independent software developers that bring us these amazing apps. Because those people really put in the hard work, mostly on their own, in between their day job and social live.

Thank you!

Dan77 DESTROYER
17-12-2015, 16:37
Downloaded this today and have just tried it out and I love it, great app to go with this game, love the graph on the last page which gives you some awesome data with regards to braking and throttle,steering,gears etc.

Thanks to all who made it happen, great work.

nissan4ever
17-12-2015, 20:49
I just put PCars Dash & Crew Chief for Project CARS on my tablet. Fixing to try them out. I also just now turned off the in game crew engineer (won't need him).

inthebagbud
17-12-2015, 20:56
I also just now turned off the in game crew engineer (won't need him).

You must have had the limited edition to have a race engineer on xbox, glad I didn't buy that version now that crew chief is around ;)

Benja190782
17-12-2015, 20:58
How do I get the Crew Chief to work on my iPad Air 2.??

transfix
17-12-2015, 21:12
How do I get the Crew Chief to work on my iPad Air 2.??

Crew Chief is only Android compatible on mobile devices. I would love it on my Apple devices.

nissan4ever
17-12-2015, 21:46
The Crew Chief for Project CARS is incredible. Very detailed with the information he is telling you. Unbelievable! PCars Dash is fantastic as well. I'm very pleased. Takes this game to a whole new level.

Lukeymonster
18-12-2015, 03:41
Hoping Crew Chief comes to iOS. Loving pCars dash. A very epic addition. Thanks SMS and these independent developers releasing these tools.

It's awesome that pCars dash works in replay to help analyze driving

We're planning on a group endurance race this weekend. When were not doing a stint we now have an awesome tool to help as a pit crew.

nissan4ever
18-12-2015, 08:21
Hoping Crew Chief comes to iOS.

You'll love it. Hopefully the developer is going to bring it to iOS. He says a lot. You can choose how much information you want from him. He always calls out the cars beside you, when it's clear. Keeps you informed on any & everything. :)

Beltoon
18-12-2015, 11:03
The Crew Chief for Project CARS is incredible. Very detailed with the information he is telling you. Unbelievable! PCars Dash is fantastic as well. I'm very pleased. Takes this game to a whole new level.

Don't forget to turn this feature on.

http://puu.sh/m01Rn/6f69a70280.png

Crew Chief is amazing. It adds so much value to the game. It's hard to believe that SMS didn't think of something like this.

mr_belowski
18-12-2015, 11:22
You lucky Android users will soon have an extra option - "more swearing" which doubles the chances of the app selecting a sweary message when one's available. Tsk, children... ;)

KkDrummer
18-12-2015, 11:24

Can you turn off the side instructions? the one that tells you there is a car on your right or left? Thanks.

mr_belowski
18-12-2015, 11:28
yes, there's an 'enable spotter' option in the properties / preferences screen

KkDrummer
18-12-2015, 12:04
yes, there's an 'enable spotter' option in the properties / preferences screen

Thanks Mr.! I will definitely get it then! =]

Hammerpgh
18-12-2015, 14:50
pCars Dash app is just superb. So much great information and I especially like the ability to now see exactly what damage the car has after any incident or just general race wear and tear. Fantastic and well worth the small fee to get it.

I loved the game before but patch 7 enabling these new apps for us console users have just brough it to a whole new level :applouse:

nissan4ever
18-12-2015, 15:07
Thanks Mr.! I will definitely get it then! =]

You've got a bunch of options to have enabled or not. A bunch!

Plato99
18-12-2015, 15:46
Just got to convince my son to sell me his old Android pad now!
Slumming it here on an iPad!

justonce68
18-12-2015, 15:50
I cant believe I am considering buying an Android device when my house is full of Apple ones

Plato99
18-12-2015, 17:55
Just discovered something fantastic, but please excuse me if I'm stating the obvious as I'm slow on the tech uptake:

I have the dash app running on my iPad. All good.
I have Crew Chief running on an Android tablet.
Both work at the same time!! Superb or what!!??

Got an earphone in my right ear giving me crew messages from the Android pad, and headphones plugged in to the TV on top of that giving me the engine and ambient sounds!
It's like being in a proper race with a race helmet setup.

My god this game has gone awesome in the space of the last hour!

Flat_out
18-12-2015, 17:58
Just discovered something fantastic, but please excuse me if I'm stating the obvious as I'm slow on the tech uptake:

I have the dash app running on my iPad. All good.
I have Crew Chief running on an Android tablet.
Both work at the same time!! Superb or what!!??

Got an earphone in my right ear giving me crew messages from the Android pad, and headphones plugged in to the TV on top of that giving me the engine and ambient sounds!
It's like being in a proper race with a race helmet setup.

My god this game has gone awesome in the space of the last hour!

Correct me if I'm wrong.But wasn't crew chief updated so both could run on same device?

mr_belowski
18-12-2015, 18:00
I used hands free in-ear buds under my normal headphones for crew chief and the additional immersion level from the in-ear buds really surprised me - quite unexpected and I wrote the thing :)

mr_belowski
18-12-2015, 18:01
Yeah, crew chief can share the UDP connection with other apps on the same device, as long as those apps play nice (most will)

Plato99
18-12-2015, 18:01
Correct me if I'm wrong.But wasn't crew chief updated so both could run on same device?
I'd already bought the dash for iOS.
I may buy it for Android and ditch the iOS version if both can run on the droid simultaneously.

Plato99
18-12-2015, 18:05
I used hands free in-ear buds under my normal headphones for crew chief and the additional immersion level from the in-ear buds really surprised me - quite unexpected and I wrote the thing :)

Best four and a half quid I've spent this week Sir!!

Rockefelluh
18-12-2015, 18:38
I have my old nexus 4 laying around. I think I have found a use for it besides being a backup phone!

Fert
19-12-2015, 00:52
I'm having nothing but trouble with both if the apps on Android. I had it set at 5 in the pcars options but the apps seem to run exactly 60 seconds behind what's happening on screen. It's doing my head in ass it seams to be working with others in my group who have the same phone I do. Sony experia

Exup
19-12-2015, 03:58
Pcars dash on a Windows phone. It Works Great:)

https://youtu.be/ig_4RJfyjMU

bigdaddyx2005
19-12-2015, 14:07
does pcars dash work on a kindle?

thanks

Flat_out
19-12-2015, 18:58
PCARS dash and crew chief work great together on hudl2.

Hammerpgh
20-12-2015, 18:39
Loving this app (and Crew Chief of course). They add so much to the immersion of this great game. I currently run them on my Galaxy S6 fine but am considering picking up a cheap tablet to give me a bigger screen to look at the info on pCars Dash.

One thing I don't quite get though is the difference in the tyre wear readings between the game and this app. Last night in a league race at Willow Springs in the LMP2 Nissan my tyre gauges in the game showed the fronts competely worn (no green left on the indicator) but the app was still showing around 50% although the colour had changed to yellow. Do the game and app measure different things in regard to the tyres?

Dan77 DESTROYER
20-12-2015, 18:47
Wish we had crew chief for iOS :(

Nickname85
20-12-2015, 18:55
Loving this app (and Crew Chief of course). They add so much to the immersion of this great game. I currently run them on my Galaxy S6 fine but am considering picking up a cheap tablet to give me a bigger screen to look at the info on pCars Dash.

One thing I don't quite get though is the difference in the tyre wear readings between the game and this app. Last night in a league race at Willow Springs in the LMP2 Nissan my tyre gauges in the game showed the fronts competely worn (no green left on the indicator) but the app was still showing around 50% although the colour had changed to yellow. Do the game and app measure different things in regard to the tyres?

I am not 100%sure about this, but I read somewhere on the forum that the in game tyre indicator shows 50% of the tire. So if the tire wear I'm the had indicator is down to zero (empty bar) the tires al still 50 %, but you would have to 'guess' the tire wear. That's also the reason that you can still drive around on your tires even when it looks like t the tire should be completely worn.

Please correct me if I am wrong about this, as I said I am. Not sure about this.

Hammerpgh
20-12-2015, 22:21
I am not 100%sure about this, but I read somewhere on the forum that the in game tyre indicator shows 50% of the tire. So if the tire wear I'm the had indicator is down to zero (empty bar) the tires al still 50 %, but you would have to 'guess' the tire wear. That's also the reason that you can still drive around on your tires even when it looks like t the tire should be completely worn.

Please correct me if I am wrong about this, as I said I am. Not sure about this.
Interesting to hear that and thanks for the response. I hadn't heard of the 50% tyre issue but it does make sense as I do find as you indicated that despite the tyres showing as worn in the game gauges I can still drive around for a fair time although the grip is not quite as good soon after this.. which is as it should be imo.

D3L8OY
20-12-2015, 22:58
I have been using Dash App and Crew Chief for a week now and it has been amazing. I use Turtle Beach 500x headset, what I love about this is using the 3.5mm jack connection to the Headset from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A this give me the Crew Chief through the headset speakers with voice and sound still working perfectly wireless, it is awesome.
The only adjustment I needed to make was going into the Samsung tablet settings and turn up the notifications volume. Also I emailed PCASH developers and asked if the tyre temp and other settings could be saved when you enter the pits as all the settings reset, this would help with setting tyre pressures for your track and driving style, I was contacted within 10 minutes and this feature is going to be added in future updates. Impressed around.

SENNABOY1
21-12-2015, 00:07
How do I get this app for my iPad,ime not very good with technical stuff,but this would be great to have,please can someone talk me through it,
Thanks,,,,russ

SENNABOY1
21-12-2015, 00:09
Please can you talk me through on how to get this app on my iPad,thanks,,,,,Russ,

TheReaper GT
21-12-2015, 01:06
Please can you talk me through on how to get this app on my iPad,thanks,,,,,Russ,

There's no Crew Chief version for iOS, you can buy pCars Dash on the APP Store on your iPad or on the iTunes store in your computer.

Acksios
21-12-2015, 05:40
Maybe a stupid question, but this also works on the xbox one right? Not only on pc? Thanks!

TheReaper GT
21-12-2015, 06:00
Maybe a stupid question, but this also works on the xbox one right? Not only on pc? Thanks!

Yes. All platforms support the UDP stream for apps. But not all apps support it yet.
Right now we have Crew Chief (pc and Android), vrHive (pc), pcars dash (IOS, Android, Windows Phone ), hud dash (android). vDash is confirmed too but I don't know if it already has been updated.

D3L8OY
21-12-2015, 10:34
Yes this is for Xbox as well

ian2726
22-12-2015, 17:57
Dash app is good. Couple of things I would like too see added is being able to see when you use kers and how much is left and when you use Drs. Also it doesn't tell you what tires you're on. I now NEARLY don't need to ever use the game hud again.

D3L8OY
22-12-2015, 23:38
Dash app is good. Couple of things I would like too see added is being able to see when you use kers and how much is left and when you use Drs. Also it doesn't tell you what tires you're on. I now NEARLY don't need to ever use the game hud again.
I emailed the guy from PCars Dash about a couple of requests, he got back to me within and hour and is very grateful for the response to his App, he also takes onboard any requests. I suggest flicking him and email for your suggestions.

TheReaper GT
22-12-2015, 23:49
I emailed the guy from PCars Dash about a couple of requests, he got back to me within and hour and is very grateful for the response to his App, he also takes onboard any requests. I suggest flicking him and email for your suggestions.

Be is very active in these forums also... Always replying in the official app thread

xSullx
23-12-2015, 10:25
Yes. All platforms support the UDP stream for apps. But not all apps support it yet.
Right now we have Crew Chief (pc and Android), vrHive (pc), pcars dash (IOS, Android, Windows Phone ), hud dash (android). vDash is confirmed too but I don't know if it already has been updated.
I tried HUD Dash 3-4 days ago on my Xbox One and it didn't seem to work. Granted, I tried the free one, not the payable deliberate pCARS app. But the free one didn't work at all, didn't connect and no telemetry was incoming.
Have there been any updates for the app and it's working now? Or any tips/tricks to get it working on Xbox One?

TheReaper GT
23-12-2015, 12:09
I tried HUD Dash 3-4 days ago on my Xbox One and it didn't seem to work. Granted, I tried the free one, not the payable deliberate pCARS app. But the free one didn't work at all, didn't connect and no telemetry was incoming.
Have there been any updates for the app and it's working now? Or any tips/tricks to get it working on Xbox One?

You have to contact the app developer for that info... AFAIK there's people using hud dash with udp, but maybe it is the pcars paid version. I'm pcars dash + Crewchief + vrhive...

AtomicSphincter
24-12-2015, 10:17

I'm using the free HUD Dash and it works no problem. Make sure you go into your Options & Help > Gameplay and at the bottom you'll see UDP set to "OFF". I have set mine on 1 and it works great, no lag at all. Hope this helps!

Haiden
25-12-2015, 15:06
I cant believe I am considering buying an Android device when my house is full of Apple ones

It's never too late to right your wrongs. :)

I have been using Dash App and Crew Chief for a week now and it has been amazing. I use Turtle Beach 500x headset, what I love about this is using the 3.5mm jack connection to the Headset from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A this give me the Crew Chief through the headset speakers with voice and sound still working perfectly wireless, it is awesome.
The only adjustment I needed to make was going into the Samsung tablet settings and turn up the notifications volume. Also I emailed PCASH developers and asked if the tyre temp and other settings could be saved when you enter the pits as all the settings reset, this would help with setting tyre pressures for your track and driving style, I was contacted within 10 minutes and this feature is going to be added in future updates. Impressed around.

I have the 500P for PS4. I was using a bud underneath it, but I'm so going to try this today. :)

nissan4ever
25-12-2015, 16:40
Since I own the Turtle Beach Elite 800X Bluetooth headsets. I get the Crew Chief for Project CARS to come in through the Bluetooth audio of my Elite 800X headsets. Combined with the 7.1 DTS game audio of Project CARS. That = Awesome & no wires/extra headphones. :)

WarlordBR
25-12-2015, 18:09
Why can not we have this information in the game's HUD? They are important information and impair performance on the track. It's just to sell the app ?? Why not update the game and implement these information such as water temperature and oil pressure?

TheReaper GT
25-12-2015, 18:23
Why can not we have this information in the game's HUD? They are important information and impair performance on the track. It's just to sell the app ?? Why not update the game and implement these information such as water temperature and oil pressure?

The apps are made by gamers, they are not related with sms.

Haiden
25-12-2015, 18:29

Most of the information in Crew Chief and PCars Dash is available in the HUD. Can't think of too many things, other than the spotter, that aren't.

Fanapryde
25-12-2015, 19:34
Most of the information in Crew Chief and PCars Dash is available in the HUD. Can't think of too many things, other than the spotter, that aren't.
- Delta times for the car ahead and behind you... VERY needed info...
- type of tires (even simplified)

oscarolim
25-12-2015, 20:26
The apps are made by gamers, they are not related with sms.

He is referring the other way around, for the game to have a HUD like some of the apps have.

TheReaper GT
25-12-2015, 20:38
He is referring the other way around, for the game to have a HUD like some of the apps have.

In my understanding he is implying that the game doesn't have the data to sell apps, which is bs, because only each app dev profit from it...

Haiden
25-12-2015, 21:07
- Delta times for the car ahead and behind you... VERY needed info...
- type of tires (even simplified)

But you can see the gap for both the car ahead and behind in real-time, in the lower left box with position and lap info. Not sure what you mean by type of tires, but I don't recall that being in the PCars Dash. I do prefer the full tire wear meter, though, instead of the game's telemetry meters which only show the first 50% of wear.

WarlordBR
26-12-2015, 12:00
The app contains important information for a realistic racing and the game does not show anywhere. I've had engine problems in a long race and I do not have that information in hud. Only missing the oil pressure and the water temperature. Add 2 dials in the game and the problem is solved ...
I believe that this information can change my race, they should be available in my HUD at any time and not depend on the acquisition of an app.

TheReaper GT
26-12-2015, 12:29
The app contains important information for a realistic racing and the game does not show anywhere. I've had engine problems in a long race and I do not have that information in hud. Only missing the oil pressure and the water temperature. Add 2 dials in the game and the problem is solved ...
I believe that this information can change my race, they should be available in my HUD at any time and not depend on the acquisition of an app.

I agree with you on that... I just don't like light accusations...

Fanapryde
26-12-2015, 15:18
But you can see the gap for both the car ahead and behind in real-time, in the lower left box with position and lap info. Not sure what you mean by type of tires, but I don't recall that being in the PCars Dash. I do prefer the full tire wear meter, though, instead of the game's telemetry meters which only show the first 50% of wear.
Sorry mate, I misread your post: what I meant is that I would like this info in the PCars Dash app, so I don't have to use the HUD and keep my screens free of clutter. Only real view...
For the info I can check the screen of my pad (on top of my central screen).

nissan4ever
26-12-2015, 15:45
On the plus side, Crew Chief for Project CARS will give you ahead/behind gap info periodically. That's when I get my gap info. I don't have no hud up at all on my game screen.

However, I do understand where you coming from with your thoughts on the matter Fanapryde.

Fanapryde
26-12-2015, 16:51
On the plus side, Crew Chief for Project CARS will give you ahead/behind gap info periodically. That's when I get my gap info. I don't have no hud up at all on my game screen.

However, I do understand where you coming from with your thoughts on the matter Fanapryde.
Ah yes, I dont use Crew Chief (yet). Having too much laughs with some of the Stigs comments now and then LOL...

nissan4ever
26-12-2015, 17:33
Ah yes, I dont use Crew Chief (yet). Having too much laughs with some of the Stigs comments now and then LOL...

Crew Chief puts the Stig to shame, I must say :)

Haiden
26-12-2015, 17:51
Sorry mate, I misread your post: what I meant is that I would like this info in the PCars Dash app, so I don't have to use the HUD and keep my screens free of clutter. Only real view...
For the info I can check the screen of my pad (on top of my central screen).

Oh, that's makes sense if you're not using Crew Chief. I thought you were running both apps.

Hammerpgh
26-12-2015, 18:36

I read this somewhere else too (only first 50% )but has it been confirmed that this is indeed the case? If so any idea why its never been corrected.

Hammerpgh
26-12-2015, 18:41
The damage indicators and some very handy detailed fuel data are not available in-game and neither are the lap times recorded for the entire race or session which you get in pCars Dash and various other of the telemetry apps. These are things I find really good to have.

Fanapryde
26-12-2015, 18:46
I read this somewhere else too (only first 50% )but has it been confirmed that this is indeed the case? If so any idea why its never been corrected.
Yes, this is correct. When the HUD shows completely worn tires, the app shows still 50%, which seems to be right.

Haiden
26-12-2015, 22:00
Yes, this is correct. When the HUD shows completely worn tires, the app shows still 50%, which seems to be right.

Yep. And if you run the tires down to 0% in the app, you will then see a small red circle on that tire in the telemetry, similar to the grip circles, but red and the size doesn't really change. Not sure it's a bug, though. 50% seems like more wear than you would want in RL.

WarlordBR
27-12-2015, 17:11
I agree with you on that... I just don't like light accusations...

Do not know why you spoke accusations ... I did not accuse anyone of anything. I do not know who you are and do not care about that. I'm not worried about the app. It is a product, and as such, should have its price, regardless of who developed it. My concern is with the game. I wish that it is best for all of us. Not only for those who purchase the app.
Do not be angry with me ..I do not want to fight with anyone .. just wish the best for us

Apoc112
27-12-2015, 19:31
pCars Dash on my iPad, Crew Chief and vrHive running on my PC. Totally renewed my interest and love in this game with 7.0

xSullx
30-12-2015, 11:14
I'm using the free HUD Dash and it works no problem. Make sure you go into your Options & Help > Gameplay and at the bottom you'll see UDP set to "OFF". I have set mine on 1 and it works great, no lag at all. Hope this helps!
Hmm, tried that but still no luck with the free HUD Dash app. I'll try changing the UDP setting in pCARS, to see if that makes a difference. At the end of the day, I'm not too bothered about it. Still waiting to see, if I manage to save enough money for a wheel and a proper stand sometime in the next months. That's 600€ or there abouts all together.

nissan4ever
30-12-2015, 11:17
Still waiting to see, if I manage to save enough money for a wheel and a proper stand sometime in the next months. That's 600€ or there abouts all together.

Hope you save enough for the wheel. Your going to have a blast (once you get used to it).

SNBStorm
30-12-2015, 20:30
Fantastic piece of kit already run it on ios, does anybody know if its going to be released on windows tablets?

TheReaper GT
30-12-2015, 21:13
I think it's already available on Windows phone ...

SNBStorm
31-12-2015, 00:01
[QUOTE=TheReaper GT;1202989]I think it's already available on Windows phone ...[/QUOTE

Yes that's correct but it doesnt seem to be available on there tablets just curious to know why , I have managed to run Vrhive on my windows tablet whilst running pcars dash on my iPhone so happy days still either way. Happy Racing

Dynomight Motorsports
31-12-2015, 03:12
Silly question but I haven't been able to play hardly at all during the holiday's, but can you run Crew Chief and pCars Dash on simultaneously on the same tablet? I was going to use the PC app vrHive to keep track of my telemetry, but I've been told sometimes it doesn't record everything.
Again sorry I haven't really been able to keep up with this stuff as much as I would like during the holidays.

TheReaper GT
31-12-2015, 04:50
^^ yes

bigdaddyx2005
31-12-2015, 06:31
[QUOTE=Dynomight Motorsports;1203088]Silly question but I haven't been able to play hardly at all during the holiday's, but can you run Crew Chief and pCars Dash on simultaneously on the same tablet? I was going to use the PC app vrHive to keep track of my telemetry, but I've been told sometimes it doesn't record everything.
Again sorry I haven't really been able to keep up with this stuff as much as I would like during the holidays.[

yeah man I do that with my phone run crew chief and pcars dash I have a windows tablet also running vrhive.....

scgor
05-01-2016, 21:33
If you have a windows pc try this it also records and saves your info so you can review later at your leisure

VrHive it looks the most comprehensive VrHive.co.uk

Apologies ifor someone has all ready listed this.

Endyen_Ashish
06-01-2016, 18:50
Hi I have a Motorola Moto G phone, i bought the HUD Dash and project cars key for it but i cant get it to work with my ps4. any tips for me?

TheReaper GT
06-01-2016, 18:55
Hi I have a Motorola Moto G phone, i bought the HUD Dash and project cars key for it but i cant get it to work with my ps4. any tips for me?

Enable upd stream on game settings under gameplay. Set it up 3 of 5

Endyen_Ashish
07-01-2016, 19:19
Enable upd stream on game settings under gameplay. Set it up 3 of 5

i did and still no connection to the game, are there certain steps i have to folllow to make it work?

Wi-fi is on, tried booting the game first and then the app and other way around. Still no luck.

I just realised i posted in xbone forum, my appologies.

D3L8OY
08-01-2016, 05:16
Cant seem to get VRHive to work with my Xbox on Win 10. UDP enabled, Standalone Mode. Just sits stating Waiting for games data feed. Any suggestions Thanks. PCars Dash and Crew Chief work fine on Samsung Tablet.

CPU M Rossi
08-01-2016, 06:58
Cant seem to get VRHive to work with my Xbox on Win 10. UDP enabled, Standalone Mode. Just sits stating Waiting for games data feed. Any suggestions Thanks. PCars Dash and Crew Chief work fine on Samsung Tablet.

do you have the game on an external hard drive?
because when I put pcars on my external hd most of vrhive stop working when I put it back on the internal hd it started working again

TheReaper GT
08-01-2016, 09:43

Vrhive comes set to share memory by default. You have to enable udp on it too...

D3L8OY
08-01-2016, 13:45
Yup UDP is on PCars Dash and Crew Chief are working. Also the game in on an external drive. Ill swap it to the internal drive and try again.

TheReaper GT
08-01-2016, 13:48
Yup UDP is on PCars Dash and Crew Chief are working. Also the game in on an external drive. Ill swap it to the internal drive and try again.

What I mean is you have to enable udp on vrhive, it's set to use shared memory by default.

justonce68
08-01-2016, 16:40
click the start button top left

OpticalHercules
09-01-2016, 19:07
I just (finally) installed the Dash App & Crew Chief on my Samsung Ace. TINY screen but I can deal with it or go and pick me up a cheap-o $40 tablet at walmart and use that for my second screen.

My question is this: with the Crew Chief you are supposed to be able to keybind an "open communication channel" so that you can ask your Crew Chief questions. I'm sure that feature exists on PC PCars, but on Xbone it's not there. Is there a way for me to keybind anything using Xbox PCars to enable the PTT with crew Cheif? I know I could just use the PTT on the phone/tablet itself, but I'm running it in the background with Dash App in the foreground...

Alternatively, is there any way to just keep Crew Chief listening for your commands either with the phone's mic or over UDP/Xbox chat?

How do any of you Xbox players communicate with your Crew Chief, or do you just let him chat away on his own? I really would love to use the interactive portion of the app, but I'm stumped on how to do it with my current setup.

Edit: So I guess the phone is always listening while I have the program running, I just didn't know. My son ran in my room screaming and the crew chief kept saying "sorry mate, I didn't catch that". So I guess he's hearing something, but I can't get him to respond to any questions at all. I've removed the case from my phone just to make sure the speaker mic isn't blocked, though I use speakerphone often and have no problems. He also didn't respond when I paused the game, brought Crew Chief to the front, and held the PTT button in the program itself.

Other problem I'm having is that the app seems to shut itself off without warning. Was doing a 9 lap F/R race on Donnington, app was on at race start, I heard about 2 laps of info, but then didn't hear anything till lap 6-ish when I checked and realized the app had closed. Any one have any tips?

I've gone and looked at the creator's thread on this forum, but it seems dominated by people using the Windows version along with PC Pcars, and either I don't know the right search terms to use or this forum's search functions are just bunk... Any help is greatly appreciated!

nissan4ever
09-01-2016, 20:13
I just (finally) installed the Dash App & Crew Chief on my Samsung Ace. TINY screen but I can deal with it or go and pick me up a cheap-o $40 tablet at walmart and use that for my second screen.

My question is this: with the Crew Chief you are supposed to be able to keybind an "open communication channel" so that you can ask your Crew Chief questions. I'm sure that feature exists on PC PCars, but on Xbone it's not there. Is there a way for me to keybind anything using Xbox PCars to enable the PTT with crew Cheif? I know I could just use the PTT on the phone/tablet itself, but I'm running it in the background with Dash App in the foreground...

Alternatively, is there any way to just keep Crew Chief listening for your commands either with the phone's mic or over UDP/Xbox chat?

How do any of you Xbox players communicate with your Crew Chief, or do you just let him chat away on his own? I really would love to use the interactive portion of the app, but I'm stumped on how to do it with my current setup.

Edit: So I guess the phone is always listening while I have the program running, I just didn't know. My son ran in my room screaming and the crew chief kept saying "sorry mate, I didn't catch that". So I guess he's hearing something, but I can't get him to respond to any questions at all. I've removed the case from my phone just to make sure the speaker mic isn't blocked, though I use speakerphone often and have no problems. He also didn't respond when I paused the game, brought Crew Chief to the front, and held the PTT button in the program itself.

Other problem I'm having is that the app seems to shut itself off without warning. Was doing a 9 lap F/R race on Donnington, app was on at race start, I heard about 2 laps of info, but then didn't hear anything till lap 6-ish when I checked and realized the app had closed. Any one have any tips?

I've gone and looked at the creator's thread on this forum, but it seems dominated by people using the Windows version along with PC Pcars, and either I don't know the right search terms to use or this forum's search functions are just bunk... Any help is greatly appreciated!

You can only assign button chat for crew chief to a button on the Xbox One controller. Not a Xbox One wheel button. If that's why you're having issues. Saw in comment section of the app from the developer.

mr_belowski
09-01-2016, 20:37
enable the 'use full wake lock' setting in the advanced section of the Preferences screen. Most Android devices have a "feature" in their network stack which stops it receiving broadcast packets when the screen turns off, even if an application requests a CPU, Wifi and Multicast wake lock. Basically the phone ignores the app here. Google don't seem to care about this issue (it's been around for years) and the recommended "solution" is a full wake lock (keep screen on, which is what this setting does), or stop and restart the WiFi when the screen switches off, which kinda works but (depending on your phone) can take 10 or more seconds and is a piss-poor "solution" and did actually make me quite angry :).

To use voice recognition you have 3 options. The standard way is to assign a controller button (use the Assign Buttons screen for this - choose whether you want to keep the button held down while you talk - I recommend having this option *un*checked to start with). The app will by default disable the annoying Google voice recogniser bloop sound, but if you're struggling to make it work try re-enabling this - again, preferences screen -> advanced (near the bottom), *un*check the "Mute default voice recognition beep" option, and *un*check the "Play listening beep". This makes the app use Google's own voice recogniser bloop which is a more accurate reflection of when the app is ready for speech input (but sounds shit). If you're not hearing this then something's not right - the app can't access voice recognition.

If you do hear the bloop sound, speak after it's played and ask something simple like "what's my position?". Do this when the game is running and you're participating in a session.

If you don't hear a bloop sound there's not a lot I can do - the app requests access to the voice recognition service and sometimes it just doesn't work. To be honest, Android is a bit like that. Flaky... You could try forcing the app to stop then starting it up again, or even rebooting your phone, or hitting it with a hammer, or writing a strongly worded letter to Google asking them to make their APIs either work all the time, or none of the time. Working some (or even most) of the time is just idiotic.

A more reliable way of getting voice recognition to work is to enable the "Show Radio button on main screen" option. When you tap this the voice recogniser should start (again, subject to how your phone is feeling at the time and whether the Google voice recognition servers decide they like you).

The 3rd way is to enable "Listen for voice near start line" (only works if there's no button assigned to Open radio channel). This listens without any user input for a few seconds when you're 200 metres from the start line - again, you should hear the beep / bloop noise telling you it's ready.

The app does *not* listen continuously. If you had a response then something must have triggered the recogniser. It requires a decent internet connection to work properly (recognition will usually be done on some server somewhere - there's a "prefer_offline" option in the API but it turns out that this isn't a "prefer" setting, it actually means "do this offline or don't do it at all", and generally *never* works). If you have a Samsung device (or presumably some others) check that the default voice recognition setting is the Google recogniser, not some silly manufacturer one like Vlingo.

Button assignments will work with wheel buttons soon - hopefully when the next game patch is released so these are in the UDP data sent by the game.

OpticalHercules
10-01-2016, 23:16
Thanks for your reply, Mr. Belowski.

First off, even counting the issues I'm having, I'm still very pleased with your product. If I can't get it to work exactly as I'd like/hope, oh well, it's still a tremendous improvement over the Stig telling me to try and swoop inside during braking on every single turn... :apthy:

As far as the 'Use Full Wake Lock', mine is enabled, and so long as I keep Crew Chief as my active app I have no problems. When I try to also run PCars Dash with Crew Chief in the background is when it cut out. I've since hijacked my son's RCA Voyager Tablet and use that for the dash since it's the much bigger screen, and keep Crew Chief on my phone with line-in to my gaming headphones, which is how I usually have my electronics set up for listening to pandora while I play. This is no inconvenience.

About the voice recognition: I do hear the bloop sound when it's activated, and after a bit I did recognize the "start line" option for what it was (hear it passing pit lane start and end when passing pit lane exit). I also have the radio button on the phone's screen. The problem is no longer activating the feature, but just getting him to recognize anything at all. Maybe I'm just an idiot when it comes to using any voice features of my phone, I've only had a smart phone for about 9 months and have never, ever gotten google voice to recognize anything I say, ever. Perhaps it's my voice or my speech pattern (I have a very deep and fast speech..) or whatever, it just doesn't work for me. I've tried hitting the radio button while phone is on the desk, hitting button while speaking directly into the mic with phone near my face, passing start while wearing both wired and bluetooth earpieces with mics asking Chief simple questions "Distance to P2", "How many laps do I have left", "what's my tire status". No matter what I say, it always says "sorry mate I couldn't understand that" or " can you repeat that" or something along those lines. And I'm positive my net connection isn't the problem. At this point, I'm more inclined to think that the problem is either 1: me, or 2: my low-tier phone. I bought the Samsung Ace precisely because it was a cheap phone with a decent screen and did NOT feature a whole lot of jumble stuff that a hardcore Troglodyte like myself even wants to know exists.

There's not a whole lot more I can ask for from the crew chief that he doesn't tell me already, so I don't feel like i'm missing out on much value at all. There's a ton of options I've still yet to figure out and experiment with to see if there's any info he can give that I'm not getting already and want, or what I'm getting too much of now.

That aside, only bug (if it is a bug) I've recognized so far is Crew Chief's telling my car positions erroneously on Azure Circuit. Chief constantly telling me car on left/right/clear when there's no one anywhere near me at all. Not a big deal. I'm still plenty impressed with your work!

Jthorn97
15-01-2016, 13:33
Is it risky to run the dash app and the crew chief app at the same time? I have experienced two game crashes when doing that so far

TheReaper GT
15-01-2016, 14:58
Is it risky to run the dash app and the crew chief app at the same time? I have experienced two game crashes when doing that so far

Makes no sense, the game doesn't know how many or what apps you are running. The game just feed the network with data and the apps use it... There's no direct connection. Your crashes are not related to the apps

Jthorn97
15-01-2016, 18:41
Makes no sense, the game doesn't know how many or what apps you are running. The game just feed the network with data and the apps use it... There's no direct connection. Your crashes are not related to the apps

Okay thanks for answering

Fractured Life
25-01-2016, 13:14
does pcars dash work on a kindle?

thanks

Did anyone ever answer this? I know I have sideloaded other stuff to the Kindle before but I would like to use a Kindle that mainly lies gathering dust rather than buy a new android tablet just for this app.

When I search for it on google all I find is this comment on pCars forums and a bunch of crap for downloading the apk and the key to unlock (probably not real). I don't want any of that crap as I have already purchased from the play store from my one M8 I just want to know if I can install this on my Kindle so I have a little more screen to play with.

Enzo One 365
07-03-2016, 14:54
Hi all, I have downloaded Crew Chief version 4 to my HP Pavillion G6 laptop running laptop, I updated sounds and names. Laptop is running windows 8.1. Xbox One is wired and laptop is wireless running off a BT hub 5.
In the top left I click start application and it runs and I get the message of a radio check, but when driving it doesn't do anything else.
I have set the UDP to 1, 3 or 5.
Anyone give me any tips on what I am missing ?. How to get this working.
Any help really appreciated.

jerry555
07-03-2016, 16:07
Hi all, I have downloaded Crew Chief version 4 to my HP Pavillion G6 laptop running laptop, I updated sounds and names. Laptop is running windows 8.1. Xbox One is wired and laptop is wireless running off a BT hub 5.
In the top left I click start application and it runs and I get the message of a radio check, but when driving it doesn't do anything else.
I have set the UDP to 1, 3 or 5.
Anyone give me any tips on what I am missing ?. How to get this working.
Any help really appreciated.

Have you set it to Project Cars (network data) in the top right..
Or try disabling your firewall....

Enzo One 365
07-03-2016, 17:25
Yes it was the firewall that was causing the issues, thanks for your help.

Hre220
04-01-2018, 08:09
I just downloaded sim racing dash app on Samsung tablet . How does it connect to the game? Is it WiFi? Or do i need to co ect by usb? Newbie question i know