PDA

View Full Version : Stop with bugs!

nemo06
17-12-2015, 11:14
Career, FC Snetterton 300, last lap, first... freezing of 4 seconds!
It ruined my race!
I can not take it anymore.

APR193
18-12-2015, 11:57
I just had the same thing at Spa. Last lap going through Eau Rouge while leading and the game visually freezes and I have no control over it. When it comes back after a few seconds I'm in a barrier with three wheels. Doesn't happen particularity often but is very annoying.

AdM1
18-12-2015, 14:39
Save yourself the hassle and stress mate and move on unless you can source one of these magical copies other seem to have.

Sankyo
18-12-2015, 14:41
And how are you sure it's the game and not the internet connection, or the XBox trying to download an update?

Ixoye56
18-12-2015, 14:45
Probably an app that you allow to run in the background that was updated....

diesel97
18-12-2015, 15:10
Its never the game

Sankyo
18-12-2015, 15:14
Its never the game

To you it's always the game :)

bluesky0870
18-12-2015, 19:28
And how are you sure it's the game and not the internet connection, or the XBox trying to download an update?

You are very experienced with the Xbox one updates, aren't you?

But I help you a bit...

In power save mode (what is recommended for PCars) no game update never will start automatically until you start the game manually. System updates are made at system start only. There's one exception: While you are playing a game, the Xbox very seldomly wants to update THIS game that you are playing. But it forces you to stop playing the game in this case.

In instant on mode the console will check for updates and update itself or games in standby mode or when you wake up the console. But never while you are playing a game. Exception: see above.

You can start downloads as well and start to play another game, e.g. you start a Fifa16 update and while you are downloading it you can start PCars. But then people would know why their game freezes, because they did it intentionally.

Sankyo
18-12-2015, 20:56
You are very experienced with the Xbox one updates, aren't you?

But I help you a bit...

In power save mode (what is recommended for PCars) no game update never will start automatically until you start the game manually. System updates are made at system start only. There's one exception: While you are playing a game, the Xbox very seldomly wants to update THIS game that you are playing. But it forces you to stop playing the game in this case.

In instant on mode the console will check for updates and update itself or games in standby mode or when you wake up the console. But never while you are playing a game. Exception: see above.

You can start downloads as well and start to play another game, e.g. you start a Fifa16 update and while you are downloading it you can start PCars. But then people would know why their game freezes, because they did it intentionally.
Thanks for the insight (and indeed, I don't know anything about how XB1 works).

So my question should have been: can you confirm that your console is in power save mode? :)

bluesky0870
18-12-2015, 21:38
Thanks for the insight (and indeed, I don't know anything about how XB1 works).

So my question should have been: can you confirm that your console is in power save mode? :)

I can confirm that my console is in power safe mode, but I don't experience the 4sec visual freezing bug since patch 4.0 or 3.0.:D

JoeZarkos
18-12-2015, 21:49
Just wanted to confirm I also have this issue. Not a 'moaning about the game' post, far from it as I play the game for an hour after work every day - have done since release, you've got me hooked.

I do get this issue maybe once a week, only has happened in Single Player for me at random moments (never a specific lap or track) and as the others have said a 3-4 second freeze and ends up with me in a wall with three tyres on my wagon! (Restart button is a saver, but can be annoying if 80% through a race).

Power-saving mode is enabled and has been for ages.

rtazz17
18-12-2015, 21:50

So sick of this response.Thats not how the game is supposed to work.You shouldnt have to hard restart and make absolutely sure its not running other apps etc... No you should run the game and it works.. This is a gaming console.For instance I dont have to check and confirm anything when playing forza or any other game.This game is a mess.

rtazz17
18-12-2015, 21:53
To you it's always the game :)

Because it IS ALWAYS the game...

Flat_out
18-12-2015, 21:54
So sick of this response.Thats not how the game is supposed to work.You shouldnt have to hard restart and make absolutely sure its not running other apps etc... No you should run the game and it works.. This is a gaming console.For instance I dont have to check and confirm anything when playing forza or any other game.This game is a mess.

And this is exactly why people won't buy pcars2 on Xbox I'm afraid!

Rockefelluh
18-12-2015, 22:47

While I love this game, but also dislike the polish, this is the truth. Console games should just work. No restarts, achievement stutters, re-downloading, app clearing, etc.

Nicho Lucas Dad
18-12-2015, 22:47
This has happened to me, xbone is in power save mode, nothing running in the back ground, internet is good. IMO i believe the game is working the xbox hard and the shitboxone is not coping on top of the shitbox live issues. Im going back to this, i never had these problems. http://vmotorsport.co.nz/attachment/download/105

Neil Bateman
18-12-2015, 23:33
Even allowing for the fact people have slightly different configurations, or older machines or different disk sizes, whatever it is that makes one console slightly different from another, regardless of how your xbox is set up or what you have plugged in or not plugged in, any game made to run on a gaming console should run on a gaming console period, just because some others have no or very few issues does not mean its user or hardware related.

The game has major issues for users on all 3 platforms so no way can these problems be anything other than problems within the game.

While i love the game when its working the bottom line to all this is, and i do applaud SMS for attempting this groundbreaking new game, its simply too much, it was forced into releasing way before it was ready and is now struggling to fix what ended up being an overwhelming list of bugs.

It is a constant loop of fixing some bugs and creating others, and the amount of problems are more than likely the reason why some features have not or will not make the game for fear of adding more problems to the list.

Fortunately i dont do too much serious racing on PCars anymore because of all the issues ive had so dont get to frustrated with it all, i have rfactor and iRacing for that, i have only 385 total hours since joining in 2011, so for me the game is a blast but only if taken in small doses, i really hope everything gets sorted for all 3 platforms then it might take over as everyones go to racing sim.