PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster T150 goes dead after around 3 minutes

gatti1887
17-12-2015, 11:58
Would really appreciate some help on this one before throwing the towel in.....

I am using a T150. I have the digital download of Project Cars on PS4 and the Steam version on PC. I am able to use the wheel on the PC version without any issues.

However when using it with an up-to-date version on the PS4 the wheel just cuts out on me when racing after around 3 minutes and has to be plugged back in again to regain connection, this ONLY happens with using Project Cars and occurs only when racing not when in menu systems.
I deleted and reinstalled project cars on the PS4, whilst it is fully updating one is able to run one race and the controller profiles due to being limited had my wheel down as a T500RS. I was able to race without any issue at all, no connection problems. Once all the updates had finished allowing access to the full game, bang, the problem returns. This would seem to point things in the direction of a bug in project cars in relation to this wheel or am I missing something?

Thanks for any replies...

SUBGTRACER
21-12-2015, 02:18
Are you using any hubs , usb extension cords or anything like that?

FerryF1
21-12-2015, 05:43
Would really appreciate some help on this one before throwing the towel in.....

I am using a T150. I have the digital download of Project Cars on PS4 and the Steam version on PC. I am able to use the wheel on the PC version without any issues.

However when using it with an up-to-date version on the PS4 the wheel just cuts out on me when racing after around 3 minutes and has to be plugged back in again to regain connection, this ONLY happens with using Project Cars and occurs only when racing not when in menu systems.
I deleted and reinstalled project cars on the PS4, whilst it is fully updating one is able to run one race and the controller profiles due to being limited had my wheel down as a T500RS. I was able to race without any issue at all, no connection problems. Once all the updates had finished allowing access to the full game, bang, the problem returns. This would seem to point things in the direction of a bug in project cars in relation to this wheel or am I missing something?

Thanks for any replies...

T150 user here as well.
But I've got no problems with my wheel on ps4.
It shows as t150 in the menu though.
Have you updated the wheel itself?

BreadedVirus
24-12-2015, 13:00
T150 user here as well.
But I've got no problems with my wheel on ps4.
It shows as t150 in the menu though.
Have you updated the wheel itself?

Out of curiosity, what are your force feedback settings for the T150?

FerryF1
24-12-2015, 23:30
Out of curiosity, what are your force feedback settings for the T150?

All defaults.
Only thing I changed was ffb strength, which is set to 85.

And the wheel itself is at 900 degrees of rotation (the red light blinks 4 times)

jimmyb_84
25-12-2015, 12:14
Got this wheel for Christmas, won't be able to try it until later. Will need to update first, am I right in thinking you download Thurmaster software then follow instructions to update?

and setup tips?

BreadedVirus
25-12-2015, 14:11
Got this wheel for Christmas, won't be able to try it until later. Will need to update first, am I right in thinking you download Thurmaster software then follow instructions to update?

and setup tips?

Yes, download Thrustmaster software and follow the instructions. Have FFB and TF set around 85~90.

madmax2069
25-12-2015, 14:45
Are you using any hubs , usb extension cords or anything like that?

Good question, quite a few people on the forums has reported issues with using USB hubs on the PS4.

BreadedVirus
25-12-2015, 22:21
I have had my T150 for a few months now. Works great on Project Cars