PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments to reduce freezing, bluescreen, Report Problem etc on single player

Dam351
18-12-2015, 08:49
This post is for some questions regarding the freezing then black/blue screens, then ending with the 'report to sony' screen.
For me its happened on 30-40 different occasions, which i can break down into 2 groups.
Firstly Multiplayer- only around 5 times it occurred during mp online racing.
The 2nd group is every other time its frozen etc. All were single player basically just testing new cars or tracks from DLC or sometimes time trial hot lapping.
Now im someone who scatters out at the fact we can race players from all corners of the globe on tracks we all love, and all from our own little bubble boy worlds. So I realize and accept theres bound to be DCs now n then when multiplayer racing (i mean half a dozen disco's when I've had at least 1500 online events* wows)
But as the freezes seem to be happening mainly when im testing/practicing etc playing solo I'm thinking maybe theres something i can do (adjust in settings) to reduce this happening during single player?
Btw im using ps4 and standard duelshock4.
So if anyone has maybe been through this and found some ways to reduce the freezing game situation or knows electronics or heard of a way to prevent it, I'd be grateful for any advice or tips. Thanks

lancashirelad
18-12-2015, 13:02
I've not had any freezes for quite a while on ps4. I have however completely deleted all my saves and game about 3 times when new patches come out and that may of helped. You will of course lose any progress in your career and all your settings. I have not bothered starting another career until I know the game is stable. ( they are getting there slowly). I'm also using the default car settings as I can't be bothered inputting all the Jack spades for the fourth time and finding them ok. Might be worth trying.

Dam351
19-12-2015, 02:01
Ah thanks very much, me thinks great advice, and zeroed in to the source of my drama. The fact that while deleting the race vids a few weeks ago the game went ultra laggy with 20 vids remaining (had 50) so i just switched off ps and i deadset forgot to finish deleting the rest. Also i get messages at time trials saying cant save ghost cos I've used my 1Gb for this game.
So thanks again mate, u wouldn't believe how relieved i am thanks to ur reply, much appreciated ��