PDA

View Full Version : Driving on Ice????

Nic Jackson
19-12-2015, 17:36
Guys

I know there is some complaints and gripes about Patch 7 and as such I wonder if anyone can shed some light on the following situation.

I predominantly drive the Lotus 98T and prior to Patch 7 was getting on alright with it after spending time sorting various setups for it. Post Patch 7 it seems like driving on ice, still have the original setup within the garage for the various circuits.

Is this an update on the tyre physics??? I seem to go from oversteer to understeer all to easily at both racing and warm up speeds.
I generally do 3 laps before beginning to push, but now the car seems nervous and I am unable to get a quick laptime out of it.

Monza I could average low 1.31s on race pace now I am 4 seconds adrift of that.

Love the game still, just need some advice/answers.

Thank You

Ixoye56
19-12-2015, 18:28
The tires doesn't heat up properly after patch 7, we have to wait for an update (patch 8) in January, SMS is closed for the holidays.

Nic Jackson
19-12-2015, 18:34
Thanks for the reply.

Flat_out
19-12-2015, 18:39
If I was you buddy I would put the game away till end of January.

z3r0cool77
19-12-2015, 18:40
I've noticed I'm having a lot of trouble setting decent times in various cars that I had no problem with pre-patch just a few days ago.

For example I had no trouble beating the proto3 career prepatch at 90% Ai (with the exception of a single race in the rain that had me dropping the difficulty down to 85%) Then post patch I went on to try gt4 and proto2 after having deleted my save data trying to get around the save data bug, and found that Im having trouble getting within 4 seconds of the Ai in both leagues even after turning difficulty down to 80%. My first assumption was that I was just having difficulty adapting to the new class of cars but I finished a gt4 career in the past with no problem. LMP was particularly infuriating because the car was ridiculously twitchy no matter how I tried to adjust the controller settings. It's like trying to drift around a track in a car with zero ability to counter steer to save it.

I've been considering just cranking the difficult down but I'm having trouble enjoying the driving because I feel like I'm constantly on edge and the car is so prone to sliding through corners that it takes a dozen tries just to get through a single session without a massive wreck. Especially annoyed in practice sessions where I can hardly keep the car on the road at 45 mph trying to get heat into the tires coming out of the garage while the Ai is playing bumper cars with me, driving like it's race day. I can't even test the effects of my setup changes because the Ai wrecks me out and I have to pit before I can even get the tires up to speed.

z3r0cool77
19-12-2015, 18:45
If this really is another issue introduced by the patch and not just in my head then I think I'm going to have to cave in today and pick up lamborgini mario kart aka forza. I'll loadup Pcars again if I read that it's all been sorted before Assetto comes out.

Flat_out
19-12-2015, 18:51
Yip cars are behaving very different since latest patch.I've found that I've lost the feel of my favourite cars and have turned to driving twitchier cars to see if it would help.And the answer was no.
If anything these cars are now out of bounds as the handling has become quite unpredictable due to the tire temps.
So think I might skip playing for a few weeks till the tire model is sorted out before buying the Renault dlc!!

Ixoye56
19-12-2015, 18:55
SMS is aware of the problem, you can read their answer here ... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1195169&viewfull=1#post1195169

z3r0cool77
19-12-2015, 18:59
SMS is aware of the problem, you can read their answer here ... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1195169&viewfull=1#post1195169

Thanks for that, I hadn't seen that thread. Forza it is then. A shame.

Ixoye56
19-12-2015, 19:00
If I was you buddy I would put the game away till end of January.

Time to delete our save-files and reinstall the game again then, in expectation of patch 8.0 :rolleyes:

Flat_out
19-12-2015, 19:45
Time to delete our save-files and reinstall the game again then, in expectation of patch 8.0 :rolleyes:
Yet again :culpability:

KkDrummer
19-12-2015, 20:56
No way the new dlc can be enjoyable in 7.0. it is a pass for me until the game is fixed.

Ixoye56
20-12-2015, 00:38
I will use the time until the next patch to try out the cars and tracks that I have not test driven yet, but my career seems to never get beyond GT-5 :culpability:

Rockefelluh
20-12-2015, 02:38
Wow, this is ridiculous. Adjusted the tire physics TWICE in 2 months

Ian Bell
20-12-2015, 03:24
Wow, this is ridiculous. Adjusted the tire physics TWICE in 2 months

I don't see this as being ridiculous at all. We added a more demanding heating system to the tyres to introduce more strategy in long races due to costumer demand. When added, some users found it undrivable on pads so we reverted.

If us trying to deliver requests to users is ridiculous then it's sort of hard for us to win. Now, the fact that the revert introduced a bug is disappointing, but probably not worthy of being called ridiculous. I think the way we are constantly adding to the game needs a slightly different mindset than would apply to most games out there.

Tyre physics weren't adjusted per se, the heating was made more strict.

Rockefelluh
20-12-2015, 03:46
I don't see this as being ridiculous at all. We added a more demanding heating system to the tyres to introduce more strategy in long races due to costumer demand. When added, some users found it undrivable on pads so we reverted.

If us trying to deliver requests to users is ridiculous then it's sort of hard for us to win. Now, the fact that the revert introduced a bug is disappointing, but probably not worthy of being called ridiculous. I think the way we are constantly adding to the game needs a slightly different mindset than would apply to most games out there.

Thread should probably be moved to the main tire thread.

The tire model should be very mature by release. I love how detailed you guys are trying to be. But you had a long development period. Tire model should not go through such a big change post Gold release.

Edit:"long development" is relative I guess. Seems like your beta feedback was a few years, seems the norm from what I read. So maybe "normal" is more appropriate.

Figuur84
20-12-2015, 04:02
I really do understand why SMS changed it. There was demand. And some users liked it after 6.0. and some hated it. I still use a pad (will go to wheel), and the problem is that there is a difference between them. I had real heating problems with the pad as well. I also encountered problems with the Tyre-wear in league racing vs racers with a wheel. My wear of tyres was much worse, so had to do more pitstops in long races (this was also pre 6.0). There is a lot to change in the settings of the controller, and 'speed sensitivity' does the trick for pad users on wear (setting depends on car). To be honest, I think the Tyre wear and heating should be made as Realistic as in real life racing. I dont know if it is more Realistic after 6.0 or 7.0, but please, don't do it for the 'gaming pleasure' , just stay simulation as much as you can...

Rockefelluh
20-12-2015, 04:17
I really do understand why SMS changed it. There was demand. And some users liked it after 6.0. and some hated it. I still use a pad (will go to wheel), and the problem is that there is a difference between them. I had real heating problems with the pad as well. I also encountered problems with the Tyre-wear in league racing vs racers with a wheel. My wear of tyres was much worse, so had to do more pitstops in long races (this was also pre 6.0). There is a lot to change in the settings of the controller, and 'speed sensitivity' does the trick for pad users on wear (setting depends on car). To be honest, I think the Tyre wear and heating should be made as Realistic as in real life racing. I dont know if it is more Realistic after 6.0 or 7.0, but please, don't do it for the 'gaming pleasure' , just stay simulation as much as you can...

100% agree. But what Ian is saying is it is input related (wheel vs. pad). This is something they should have had right at release. Or in this case, before patch releases.

Ian Bell
20-12-2015, 04:54
100% agree. But what Ian is saying is it is input related (wheel vs. pad). This is something they should have had right at release. Or in this case, before patch releases.

You sound very convinced of that but it doesn't work unless we run altered tyre heating models for each controller.

How should we have 'had that right' specifically?

Ian Bell
20-12-2015, 05:03
I should also say Rockefelluh that if you look around at 'any other sim on the market' and I mean any, you'll find it being tweaked constantly over many years, sometimes over a decade or more.

Seta is an extremely complex tyre simulation, introducing things that really haven't been done before in this sort of depth. We took it to release in less than three years. If by 'get it right' you mean, 'never need to tweak it again', then I think that's an unrealistic demand.

nissan4ever
20-12-2015, 08:25
I really do understand why SMS changed it. There was demand. And some users liked it after 6.0.

I'm one of the ones that loved it with patch 6.0. I hope it gets back to how it was with 6.0 at some point.

STEELJOCKEY
20-12-2015, 08:38
Thanks Ian for coming in and letting us know what is happening, even though Christmas is around the corner.

I do like the fact you and your team are working continuously to improve the game, taking into consideration your customers' comments.

I don't want this to get into another tyre thread flaming session, but as an example of your efforts to improve the game for all, pre patch 5.0 I found the tyres behaving as I thought they would, and adjusting pressures helped me control temperatures. Patch 5.0 left me with some cars overheating tyres drastically, namely some of the GT3 cars. Patch 6.0 fixed this only partly for me, but left me with other cars unable to heat there tyres, even when running them near flat. And patch 7.0 almost corrected it for me.

I love the game, at times it's a bit frustrating, but still getting better all the time.

I know others are getting different results, and the different controllers and driving styles make things difficult when changes do occur.

The fact some of your team, and yourself, have been on here in the last couple of days taking the time to address this issue and explain where you are going with it, is to be applauded, and is very much appreciated by those keen on sticking with your 'race simulator'.

Now take your team off to enjoy Christmas with your friends and family. We'll be eagerly awaiting the next improvement in a month or so.

RacerPaul65
20-12-2015, 10:34
I don't see this as being ridiculous at all. We added a more demanding heating system to the tyres to introduce more strategy in long races due to costumer demand. When added, some users found it undrivable on pads so we reverted

If us trying to deliver requests to users is ridiculous then it's sort of hard for us to win. Now, the fact that the revert introduced a bug is disappointing, but probably not worthy of being called ridiculous. I think the way we are constantly adding to the game needs a slightly different mindset than would apply to most games out there

Tyre physics weren't adjusted per se, the heating was made more strict
I think its very much to your credit that you're still fine tuning things per customer feedback

A lot of devs would have said (at least internally) 'we've done all we can. the game is what it is now'

so, fair play to you and your team I say :)

ps. I do think that you'll have to come round to that way of thinking at some point. You simply can't please everyone

EMW Simmo
20-12-2015, 11:16
I have to agree, although P Cars has issues it is still by far the best racer for console, polished or not, afterall you cant polish a turd, not to name others..
For me on Xbone and pad i felt 6.0 was nearly there, just needed tweeking, but 7.0 is like driving on ice.
Its a work in progress and nearly a year on were still getting fixes/patches/updates all at huge cost to SMS and free to us, afterall they got our purchase money and could have easily left us with that, again not to mention others.
And at the price paid at release looks a bargain to me now again seeing what others charge, dont worry Turn 10 i wont mention your game...

KkDrummer
20-12-2015, 11:57

I agree with you Ian, but SMS should stick to your guns and to what you think PCars should be, hopefully a sim and not a simarcadey game. The very vocal people complaining about tire overheating in 6 were a group of 3 players. As far as I can see the vast majority of people in this forum would love to see 6 back.

NeonFlux
20-12-2015, 13:18
I agree with you Ian, but SMS should stick to your guns and to what you think PCars should be, hopefully a sim and not a simarcadey game. The very vocal people complaining about tire overheating in 6 were a group of 3 players. As far as I can see the vast majority of people in this forum would love to see 6 back.

Sorry drummer, it was a few more than that but anyway lets not re-open old wounds... peace to mankind and all that :)

From my perspective I will be pleased to see the return of 5.0 (7.0 isn't too good as has been widely acknowledged). However that said as a pad user I was only experiencing issues with 6.0 on a minority of tracks, generally those with fast sweeping turns and I fully appreciate what SMS were trying to achieve.

rtazz17
20-12-2015, 15:16
I have to agree, although P Cars has issues it is still by far the best racer for console, polished or not, afterall you cant polish a turd, not to name others..
For me on Xbone and pad i felt 6.0 was nearly there, just needed tweeking, but 7.0 is like driving on ice.
Its a work in progress and nearly a year on were still getting fixes/patches/updates all at huge cost to SMS and free to us, afterall they got our purchase money and could have easily left us with that, again not to mention others.
And at the price paid at release looks a bargain to me now again seeing what others charge, dont worry Turn 10 i wont mention your game...wow!
Can I have some of your kool aide?

Nic Jackson
20-12-2015, 18:16
Guys

As the original poster of this thread I was after some advice, I obviously missed this discussion in other or previous threads.
I for one am grateful for the updates/patches that Mr Bell and the SMS team whether they have a positive or adverse effect on the sim.

I am 50 years old and was around when Papyrus released Grand Prix Legends I think back in 1996, it took no end of patches to get that sim running as it should, some had a good effect others bad... flight simulator was the same no end of patches to improve everything from graphics, FPS, bluescreens of death. We just accepted it, yes we paid good money but I don't recall people getting wound up and hacked of that a game didn't play as advertised straight out of the box. But the developers got there in the end and produced fantastic products.

Fast forward to today and the quality of this title is way beyond anything I could imagine back then, but as back then developers are still pushing the limits of programming and this is bound to create hiccups and the need to re-visit code etc in order to get the desired result for all platforms.

I for one love the game the closest sim to GP Legends I have driven, the positives outweigh the negatives vastly (even with the little setbacks..... and thats what they are).

Have a good Christmas everyone.

Dan77 DESTROYER
20-12-2015, 18:43
Hats off to SMS for the continued dedication to this title and us users/moaners/racers ;)
It's good to see so much passion surrounding this game from both sides,

I personally love it.......a lot, yes there has been months of extreme frustration with various areas of it but behind all the problems there's an all singing all dancing raceing sim trying to break out, it will happen :D
See you on track guys :)

TenthDan
21-12-2015, 02:50
Guys

As the original poster of this thread I was after some advice, I obviously missed this discussion in other or previous threads.
I for one am grateful for the updates/patches that Mr Bell and the SMS team whether they have a positive or adverse effect on the sim.

I am 50 years old and was around when Papyrus released Grand Prix Legends I think back in 1996, it took no end of patches to get that sim running as it should, some had a good effect others bad... flight simulator was the same no end of patches to improve everything from graphics, FPS, bluescreens of death. We just accepted it, yes we paid good money but I don't recall people getting wound up and hacked of that a game didn't play as advertised straight out of the box. But the developers got there in the end and produced fantastic products.

Fast forward to today and the quality of this title is way beyond anything I could imagine back then, but as back then developers are still pushing the limits of programming and this is bound to create hiccups and the need to re-visit code etc in order to get the desired result for all platforms.

I for one love the game the closest sim to GP Legends I have driven, the positives outweigh the negatives vastly (even with the little setbacks..... and thats what they are).

I remember 15-20 years ago spending 20-50% of my game time troubleshooting my own system and configuring startup parameters etc to get my games running nicely, if at all.

I think it used to be part of the fun. OSes today are far too complex for that tinkering now, so forum venting seems the most suitable solution ;)

The games are far, far more complex now and yet we are prepared to spend far less time getting them to work (or just don't know how)...

Tough gig for developers, particularly any aiming for 'AAA,' whatever that really is!

OpticalHercules
21-12-2015, 06:08
Guys

The biggest problem with Project Cars and this forum is that this is a Console System Release. PC players understand patching and updates and bug tweaking in a way that Console players expect not to have to deal with. As I've said in the past, today's consoles ARE PC's with a mass-market wrapper. There is ZERO difference. Console players expect a game to work out of the box because traditionally they always have, while PC players generally understand that tweaks need to happen now and again due to the variety of user hardware/software/driver combos.

On that train of thought, PCars IS a PC game. Tweaks will happen to the Gameplay/feel/physics/graphics/etc across all systems because that's what happens with PC games. Now there are still Console-specific bugs such as the save and sound issues on our precious xbones. That's a different category of fix.

Even with all the crap this forum has put up with and the bugs we've dealt with/continue to deal with, this game is still the best racing sim out there, IMO. Even after all the issues that I've had with this game and made public, I'm still here trying to work through them because the game is just that worth-it to me. For those of you who do nothing but bash the game (and you know who you are...), you've been bashing for months now. Clearly there's something about this game that is keeping you here, even if you're mad about the fact that you can't move on. Shouldn't that tell you what this game means to you, that you're still here even after bashing for so long? In it's own way, that almost makes you bigger fanboys than nissan4ever or myself :P

Ian Bell
21-12-2015, 07:09
The biggest problem with Project Cars and this forum is that this is a Console System Release. PC players understand patching and updates and bug tweaking in a way that Console players expect not to have to deal with. As I've said in the past, today's consoles ARE PC's with a mass-market wrapper. There is ZERO difference. Console players expect a game to work out of the box because traditionally they always have, while PC players generally understand that tweaks need to happen now and again due to the variety of user hardware/software/driver combos.

On that train of thought, PCars IS a PC game. Tweaks will happen to the Gameplay/feel/physics/graphics/etc across all systems because that's what happens with PC games. Now there are still Console-specific bugs such as the save and sound issues on our precious xbones. That's a different category of fix.

Even with all the crap this forum has put up with and the bugs we've dealt with/continue to deal with, this game is still the best racing sim out there, IMO. Even after all the issues that I've had with this game and made public, I'm still here trying to work through them because the game is just that worth-it to me. For those of you who do nothing but bash the game (and you know who you are...), you've been bashing for months now. Clearly there's something about this game that is keeping you here, even if you're mad about the fact that you can't move on. Shouldn't that tell you what this game means to you, that you're still here even after bashing for so long? In it's own way, that almost makes you bigger fanboys than nissan4ever or myself :P

Wise words Hercules.

nissan4ever
21-12-2015, 08:25
In it's own way, that almost makes you bigger fanboys than nissan4ever or myself :P

LOL, you just made my night at work.

transfix
21-12-2015, 13:03

I'm just looking at it like changing tire manufacturers in real life. We just have to learn their new characteristics. It's actually making it fun to get in a car after the patch and have to figure out it's sweet spot. Talk about replayability ;)

OpticalHercules
21-12-2015, 17:51
I'm just looking at it like changing tire manufacturers in real life. We just have to learn their new characteristics. It's actually making it fun to get in a car after the patch and have to figure out it's sweet spot. Talk about replayability ;)

On that train of thought, it would be awesome to have the option to switch between tire heat/response models just like changing tire brands and types. Would add another level of choice to the game that does sort of exist in the real world. Only problem is that would also unbalance the game for multiplayer situations, with some cars clearly responding better to certain physics models than other cars no matter what tire type they are using.

transfix
21-12-2015, 20:38
On that train of thought, it would be awesome to have the option to switch between tire heat/response models just like changing tire brands and types. Would add another level of choice to the game that does sort of exist in the real world. Only problem is that would also unbalance the game for multiplayer situations, with some cars clearly responding better to certain physics models than other cars no matter what tire type they are using.

I love that idea! You can have different tire manufacturers giving you various tire characteristics.
It could be a career mode only option to solve the MP challenges.

Bliman
23-12-2015, 00:21
I was about to start a thread about how the cars are like driving on ice now.
And that I was using time trial to find out why.
Whatever I did nothing worked. Driving formula B now btw.
It seems the car is rotating around the z axis centred around the middle of the car.
And I can only try staying on the track without the car sliding away (not very fun).
The problem I am having with Project Cars is that it is a sim without the team seeing it as a sim.
Like right now I was thinking that it was the setup of my car that was the problem, now I found out it is a problem of the game.
You don't give any pointers how to set up a car or make it easier to test things (always starting on cold tyres).
If I drive (with a pad) I am constantly wondering is it me who is driving bad, is it a mistake I made in the setup, is my controller set up right is it a mistake in the game, is racing like this in real life,etc...?
What I would like for Project Cars (2) is to make everything clearer. No more fiddling with the controls, just give us a control setting that you find right( I am not talking about where to assign buttons).
Give us a option to read the telemetry usefully after driving in the game (and tell us where to look for to improve times).
Why don't show us how to set up a car decently, I am reading topics in the setup corner where there is conflict between what things mean and if you must dial something down or up. If the people there are contradicting each other, how can I as novice then find out which is the right setting without any documentation from the team?
I would love to be good in this game, otherwise I wouldn't stick around, but boy it is hard when it's so difficult to find where the error lies when you are driving.

WoodyLizard
23-12-2015, 04:30
Well written Bliman, as an Amature myself in the tuning department, I think having suggestions come up when you come back to the pits re slight changes to improve times during practice would be s great inclusion to the game or future releases.

venquessa
23-12-2015, 11:14
Regarding driving in patch 7.0, you have to accept and embrace that your tyres are now made of hard plastic. Consider Lego tyres.

I suggest forgetting a normal setup and instead tune the car to be as forgiving as possible. Usually turning out oversteer everywhere.

Soften rear springs,
Soften rear sway bar (ARB)
Loosen rear fast rebound dampers, tighten fronts. (helps when you touch kerbs or bumps)
Loosen rear slow rebound dampers, tighten fronts.
Loosen the acel diff, tighten the decell diff.
etc. etc.

On the first lap, go "hammer time", the harder you can push the longer the tyre heat you do have will last. After lap 2 or 3 you then really need to back things down, do NOT play on the limit, in fact stay away from the limit. Bumping into the bottom end of the limit on cold tyres will result in messy slides, bumping into the top end of the limit on cold tyres will result in a slow, graceful and completely disastrous slide.

Out of interest, the GT86 is awesome in patch 7.0 with a few tweaks. Take Jussi's setup and stiffen the front suspension up a bit to make it less oversteering, set the diff to 40/10/0 and enjoy. I was adding fastest times to the leaderboard the other night with the Toyota 86, it's a blast. Only car I think goes faster with smoke out of the back tyres all the way around Parabolica at Monza. 100mph drifting in 4th for the win! :) Tyre pressures were set how I set my real ones, 2.6 bar!

grrrillapmp
23-12-2015, 17:25
Forza drives like it's on ice: oh it's so arcade!

Pcars drives like it's on ice: oh we should just be thankful that sms is still patching the game. It's the greatest ever even tho it only works sometimes.

Are you people really hearing yourselves?

Something is keeping us here that makes us fans? How about I'm looking for a decent return on my sixty dollar investment, that's why I'm still here.

Every time they release a "patch" they break something else. What exactly am I supposed to be grateful for? That I paid full price for game that's worth a fraction of that?

First we wait thru delay after delay and are told we are waiting so the game will be polished when it releases. Game releases with nothing that can be considered polish. Now we are waiting MONTHS after release for a patch that will make the game work as well as every other game on our consoles.

And all the while people insist sms is doing us some kind of solid...eff outta here. Sms won't even acknowledge the save bug.

Yes ridiculous is a great word to use, sad, comical, unacceptable, and bulls*** fit nicely too.

OpticalHercules
23-12-2015, 20:43
Forza drives like it's on ice: oh it's so arcade!

Pcars drives like it's on ice: oh we should just be thankful that sms is still patching the game. It's the greatest ever even tho it only works sometimes.

Are you people really hearing yourselves?

Something is keeping us here that makes us fans? How about I'm looking for a decent return on my sixty dollar investment, that's why I'm still here.

Every time they release a "patch" they break something else. What exactly am I supposed to be grateful for? That I paid full price for game that's worth a fraction of that?

First we wait thru delay after delay and are told we are waiting so the game will be polished when it releases. Game releases with nothing that can be considered polish. Now we are waiting MONTHS after release for a patch that will make the game work as well as every other game on our consoles.

And all the while people insist sms is doing us some kind of solid...eff outta here. Sms won't even acknowledge the save bug.

Yes ridiculous is a great word to use, sad, comical, unacceptable, and bulls*** fit nicely too.

Yes, you are a fanboy, and by your comments I call you a bigger fanboy than me. you clearly care so much about your $60 almost 9 months after release that you surely must LOVE this game to keep on trying. Many games that cost $60 have <60 hours of gameplay written into them, yet you're still pining for even more value.

Yes, you are a Fanboy, grrrillapmp.

Sergi01978
23-12-2015, 21:34
I'm not sure what the current exchange rate is, but Ibut spent far more than $60 dollars on a meal out.
Sure, there are frustrating issues with this game, but it has provided me with hundreds of hrs entertainment.

The latest patch is preventing me from playing much, but I feel pretty confident that come January all will be well again.
That said, I havent suffered from too many game ending bugs.

grrrillapmp
23-12-2015, 21:45
I'm pinning for initial value, not more value. How can I want more of something I haven't had?

I'm sorry but I'm never okay with throwing money away, nine months, years or decades later. I'm savvy enough to know you only have to let someone jerk you out of money one time and they'll keep doing it. You go ahead and let sms continue to piss in your face and tell you it's raining.

So you're right I am a fanboy. I'm a fanboy of getting what I pay for, if your okay with being duped out of your sixty then that's cool, your money probably comes to you easier than mine. I work hard for my money and would like to be respected by people I give it to, which could've been achieved if sms had just been honest and told us we were paying for a beta.

But I'm not a fanboy of sms or project cars, under no circumstances would I recommend this product to anyone, full price, sale, or otherwise. I was stupid enough to fall for the hype, but I'm smart enough to realize sms couldn't give half a runny shit about any of us, especially since they already have our money.

Y'all keep swallowing that sms seed. Just keep me posted if the game ever starts to deliver on what it set out too.

It honestly makes me sad how sheepish some of you all are. To just knowingly let yourselves be lied to and mislead...this is why companies do this garbage...because blind loyalist and apologist allow and encourage them to.

I mean, people are actually in here praising one game for having something they won't play the other game for having. Loyalty shouldn't have you abandon logic and common sense.

bluesky0870
24-12-2015, 01:16
I'm pinning for initial value, not more value. How can I want more of something I haven't had?

I'm sorry but I'm never okay with throwing money away, nine months, years or decades later. I'm savvy enough to know you only have to let someone jerk you out of money one time and they'll keep doing it. You go ahead and let sms continue to piss in your face and tell you it's raining.

So you're right I am a fanboy. I'm a fanboy of getting what I pay for, if your okay with being duped out of your sixty then that's cool, your money probably comes to you easier than mine. I work hard for my money and would like to be respected by people I give it to, which could've been achieved if sms had just been honest and told us we were paying for a beta.

But I'm not a fanboy of sms or project cars, under no circumstances would I recommend this product to anyone, full price, sale, or otherwise. I was stupid enough to fall for the hype, but I'm smart enough to realize sms couldn't give half a runny shit about any of us, especially since they already have our money.

Y'all keep swallowing that sms seed. Just keep me posted if the game ever starts to deliver on what it set out too.

It honestly makes me sad how sheepish some of you all are. To just knowingly let yourselves be lied to and mislead...this is why companies do this garbage...because blind loyalist and apologist allow and encourage them to.

I mean, people are actually in here praising one game for having something they won't play the other game for having. Loyalty shouldn't have you abandon logic and common sense.

Some people here don't like to see the reality. Come on, 7 1/2 month or 10 !!! patches later and the game still is in a shape that is far away from finished. And as mentioned before by someone, with every new patch a new bug is showing up. Unluckily not small ones or acceptable ones. This time it is the tyre temperature, that failed from fixing the fix of an update. What's next?

By the way, will there be a solution for the setup save issue that is existing since patch 2.0, what means half a year? Will the flag system ever work as intended (even those super hardcore sims like Mario Kart and the Lego Racer can handle that stuff)? What about the ridiculous penalties, the save game in general bug? The lap time issues with a larger grid? The crashes to dashboard? What about the multiplayer lobby issues? Will there ever be a rolling start that begins at the start/finish line and not 500 meters earlier by an overtaking AI? What about the AI behaviour in general? Wheel and ffb issues? And so on and so on, last but not least, the sound stuttering and graphics freezing...
Ah, let me guess - just one time - all of this isn't game related but the fault of MS.
And hey, in the end all these bugs are a very few and very small and very unimportant for a racing game that likes to be called the best sim ever released.

Once it was obviously that the main bugs can't be fixed, a new story of a released game in progress came up. Really? Wasn't the game finished and polished 99,9% at the end of April? So find the mistake...
SMS may implement new features, but is not able to fix the basics?

Isn't it slowly but steadily becoming a running gag, that every patch ruins another working part of the game?

I would like to see the game working smooth, properly and as it was meant to be played, no doubt, but for sure I am not one of the blinded lemmings like you, optical or nissan. Luckily...

nissan4ever
24-12-2015, 05:40
I would like to see the game working smooth, properly and as it was meant to be played, no doubt, but for sure I am not one of the blinded lemmings like you, optical or nissan. Luckily...

Luckily.....
my experience is smoother than yours.

bluesky0870
24-12-2015, 08:23
Luckily.....
my experience is smoother than yours.

To clarify, I don't suffer and experience all of the mentioned things but that doesn't mean that they are not existing.

nissan4ever
24-12-2015, 08:27
To clarify, I don't suffer and experience all of the mentioned things but that doesn't mean that they are not existing.

Why the long winded post if you really aren't experiencing serious issues with your game then? Kinda redundant, don't you think?

bluesky0870
24-12-2015, 08:30
Why the long winded post if you really aren't experiencing serious issues with your game then? Kinda redundant, don't you think?

No, I don't think so... By the way, read again, I don't experience ALL of the issues, that does not mean NONE.

Charles Gillen
24-12-2015, 08:59
Not that it matters in the least, but the difference in handeling between PCars and Forza 6 is nominal. From my personal experience. The one glaring difference I've encountered is with Forza, when the grip in the rear breaks loose, it can easily be countered with steering. PCars gives a tank slapper under the same circumstance.

The current tire model for PCars has made it all but impossible for me to be able to play the game on a controller at this point in time. I personally feel that the controller has always been too sensitive from day one, and this latest patch just tends to amplify whats been there all along. I love the game but it has tried my patience serverely. So I figure I'll wait for the tracks to thaw before I venture back to the UK to do some racing. Meanwhile I'll just be racing the Chevys, Fords,and Mopars at Road Atlanta, Longbeach,and Sebring.

I'll be back when it's warmer and stickier. Later folks.

Charles

nissan4ever
24-12-2015, 11:13
No, I don't think so... By the way, read again, I don't experience ALL of the issues, that does not mean NONE.

I've come across several bugs in the brand new Tomb Raider game. Including a crash to the dashboard. Am I bent out of shape? No. Do I care if they get fixed? Not really. That game is excellent.

The new Black Ops 3 has crashed twice & on a training mission during the campaign. My controller had a vibration bug. It wouldn't stop vibrating untill I completely exited the game on the dashboard.

Stuff happens in complex games these days. It is what it is. I've accepted years ago that games are more & more complex. There is no such thing as a bug free game no more. Even with patches, that doesn't mean everything gets fixed.

SMS is not the only studio to release a patch that messes up something that wasn't an issue. Both GTA V & The Witcher 3 had patches released that unintentionally ended up making the frames per second worse (both have since been fixed). For example. It happens.

There really isn't a reason to get bent all out of shape over a game. Especially not the way some people here do. Say what you've come across. Dev sees it. Hopefully it gets addressed. Move on & enjoy your game.

Is my copy of Project CARS 100% bug free? No. However, I don't experience all of stuff that some people here do. Example, my sound bug, when I used to get it. Was never that bad. It would happen approaching a turn. It sucked. Made down shifting & up shifting a chore because I couldn't hear a clean engine sound. It never lasted more than a couple seconds. I never did have the sound bug as bad as some have described. I'm extremely glad I don't hear it no more now as well.

I got the tune set up save bug once (back before patch 4.0). Then was said here that only 30 some track limit can be saved per car. No biggie. I quit saving my FFB settings for cars to all circuits. I know good & well I won't race every car at every circuit. There's definitely circuits at some tracks for certain cars types & longer circuit layouts for the other cars types. No point in saving FFB to all circuit layouts. Especially if you more than likely won't drive that car at every single circuit layout.

I can take a particular car to one track. Same date & time & weather. Yet have different tire pressure settings for all the circuits at that track. Probably have similar, but different suspension settings as well (depends on the frequency & type of turns I encounter at that circuit layout). I set my car up when I take it to a circuit. Including entering in Jack Spade's #'s. There's really no point to mass save FFB or tire pressure or suspension.

RomKnight
24-12-2015, 11:35
Not that it matters in the least, but the difference in handeling between PCars and Forza 6 is nominal. From my personal experience. The one glaring difference I've encountered is with Forza, when the grip in the rear breaks loose, it can easily be countered with steering. PCars gives a tank slapper under the same circumstance.

And that's bad because...

bluesky0870
24-12-2015, 12:14
I've come across several bugs in the brand new Tomb Raider game. Including a crash to the dashboard. Am I bent out of shape? No. Do I care if they get fixed? Not really. That game is excellent.

The new Black Ops 3 has crashed twice & on a training mission during the campaign. My controller had a vibration bug. It wouldn't stop vibrating untill I completely exited the game on the dashboard.

Stuff happens in complex games these days. It is what it is. I've accepted years ago that games are more & more complex. There is no such thing as a bug free game no more. Even with patches, that doesn't mean everything gets fixed.

SMS is not the only studio to release a patch that messes up something that wasn't an issue. Both GTA V & The Witcher 3 had patches released that unintentionally ended up making the frames per second worse (both have since been fixed). For example. It happens.

There really isn't a reason to get bent all out of shape over a game. Especially not the way some people here do. Say what you've come across. Dev sees it. Hopefully it gets addressed. Move on & enjoy your game.

Is my copy of Project CARS 100% bug free? No. However, I don't experience all of stuff that some people here do. Example, my sound bug, when I used to get it. Was never that bad. It would happen approaching a turn. It sucked. Made down shifting & up shifting a chore because I couldn't hear a clean engine sound. It never lasted more than a couple seconds. I never did have the sound bug as bad as some have described. I'm extremely glad I don't hear it no more now as well.

I got the tune set up save bug once (back before patch 4.0). Then was said here that only 30 some track limit can be saved per car. No biggie. I quit saving my FFB settings for cars to all circuits. I know good & well I won't race every car at every circuit. There's definitely circuits at some tracks for certain cars types & longer circuit layouts for the other cars types. So why bother saving FFB for all? Why save anything for all?

I can take a particular car to one track. Same date & time & weather. Yet have different tire pressure settings for all the circuits at that track. Probably have similar, but different suspension settings as well (depends on the frequency & type of turns I encounter at that circuit layout). I set my car up when I take it to a circuit. Including entering in Jack Spade's #'s. There's really no point to mass save FFB or tire pressure or suspension.

And all of that long winded text shall explain what?
Or is it an excuse for the messed up features, the necessary workarounds and what not for PCars?
That other games are having their flaws and bugs is fine, but it is not an explanation for the actual shape of THIS game. Is COD out for 7 1/2 month now? Is Witcher3 still in the state in that PCars is?

nissan4ever
24-12-2015, 12:52
^^^^ you missing the big picture. Which is the state of complex games these days. FYI, even though it's been months since I've played it. The last time I did. My FM5 still has that Terminator 3 matrix sounding sound glitch. How long has that game been out?

bluesky0870
24-12-2015, 18:32
^^^^ you missing the big picture. Which is the state of complex games these days. FYI, even though it's been months since I've played it. The last time I did. My FM5 still has that Terminator 3 matrix sounding sound glitch. How long has that game been out?

I am not interested in the big picture and what the hell has FM5 to do with PCars?
Again, just for you: You are missing the point if you try to justify the actual state of PCars with flaws of other games.
But l understand that you have to do so to keep your PCars world ideal.

Sergi01978
24-12-2015, 18:49
I've been having a crack at career mode again since the last patch, mainly because of the tyre issues, which makes online unattractive for me at present.
FA, AI @ 75 has been really good, no setup save problem, no CTD or anything else to report. I guess I'm another lucky one, or a lemming/sheep?
I think some of us may need to get a little perspective, and lighten up a little.

nissan4ever
24-12-2015, 19:10
I've been having a crack at career mode again since the last patch, mainly because of the tyre issues, which makes online unattractive for me at present.
FA, AI @ 75 has been really good, no setup save problem, no CTD or anything else to report. I guess I'm another lucky one, or a lemming/sheep?
I think some of us may need to get a little perspective, and lighten up a little.

I've been running a lot of quick race weekend with Lotus Type 51 at Hockenheim Classic with AI on 85 (24 car grid). The AI have been okay. I'm used to anticipating there maneuvers in turns. So they aren't a big deal to me. Looking forward to seeing further evolution of them over time. I've gotten use to patch 7.0 tire physics. I'm just waiting to get 6.0 version back at some point hopefully.

Glad you aren't having CTD, set up save issues or anything else.

Bliman
25-12-2015, 00:31
I want to be good at this game and I shall show you one of the reasons why.
I am now trying to get to grips with formula B and to say it's frustrating is a understatement.
I can't drive one lap where the car doesn't spin away or where I can push like I feel like I am racing.
I tried everything in the setup but the car just doesn't behave. Even in a very mild bent the car just loses the backside.
Also touch the kerbs a little bit and off the car goes.
Then I look at this clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zII8_A5-wQ
And when I see this I see everything i like, the car behaves very well he can push to the limit and go on those kerbs and his car doesn't complain. And also great physics (like when one tire is close to locking up but the other one isn't ,etc...).
It all looks like the driving I would like, and all with default setup.
Then I try and the frustration begins again.
Can someone who plays with a controller tell me they can drive the formula b car in Imola the way like in the clip.
From the very beginning I played this game I have a feeling that they haven't done any work on the controller side and that it was an afterthought.
So how else then give you a million options to change the controls when they just could have give me one that works.
Now you have a million options to change the controller plus the million ways to change the setup, you just don't know when you have it right.
All this changes off course if the replies state that they can race like in the clip (would also like to see a clip of it), then I definitely would like to know how they achieve this.
I don't like to give up but if every time you play (in this case formula b) you just slide away with warm tires in a gentle bent then I very sadly must begin to look for another sim on the xbox one (asseto corsa, dirt rally).

grrrillapmp
27-12-2015, 15:13

Wait...what?

bluesky0870
27-12-2015, 20:44
[/B]

Wait...what?

A bit misleading, lol.

Not you, but n4e and opt.

OpticalHercules
27-12-2015, 22:31
He's just trying to further distract and derail this thread by attempting to evoke some reaction from the comment. Try-hard troll is trying.

Any further comments on the change/revision to the tire physics model coupled with an introduced bug, where this thread left off back on page 3ish?

I've still yet to experience it myself... F'in Microsuck has kept my xbox for warranty the entire duration of the xmas break. I mailed it off Dec 14th, and they show on my status page expected return Jan 1-4th, with 1 Being the last Friday of the actual break. Didn't even give me the option for them to send out a hold-over xbox.

nissan4ever
28-12-2015, 07:21
What I'm really curious about is what are they going to do for patch 9.0 (hopefully back to 6.0 tire model or tweaked version of it).

Pcars Driver 44
28-12-2015, 10:24
What I'm really curious about is what are they going to do for patch 9.0 (hopefully back to 6.0 tire model or tweaked version of it).

Yea got agree with you on this one! Ok people where saying about there tyres getting to hot but for me I thought it was all about tyre management! At the moment it hot lapping ever lap just to keep heat in your tyres. 6.0 was far the best I thought it gave it that added dimension.

nissan4ever
28-12-2015, 11:04
Yea got agree with you on this one! Ok people where saying about their tyres getting to hot but for me I thought it was all about tyre management! At the moment, it's hot lapping ever lap just to keep heat in your tyres. 6.0 was far the best I thought it gave it that added dimension.

Exactly!

NeonFlux
28-12-2015, 11:28
Yea got agree with you on this one! Ok people where saying about there tyres getting to hot but for me I thought it was all about tyre management! At the moment it hot lapping ever lap just to keep heat in your tyres. 6.0 was far the best I thought it gave it that added dimension.

Tyre management is fine but for me it was a bit OTT on some tracks in GT3 class. I'd like to see patch 5.0 on GT3 and patch 6.0 for the rest..... but that's just me :)

Also, sometimes it's nice to just drive these cars without worrying about tyres etc. I'm probably never going to get the chance to drive these cars in real life and on occasion I just want to get them out on track and drive the wheels off them (not very "sim" I know but damn good fun!) :)

Psychomatrix
28-12-2015, 14:12
I got my xbox in 5 days back and the most I know too....max. 8 days. But at xmas it could take longer. When you have a credit card ms send you a xbox and then you send the damaged xbox back. Than you have in the most cases the xbox in 3 or 4 days. But I can only talk for germany

nissan4ever
28-12-2015, 14:55
I just want to get them out on track and drive the wheels off them (not very "sim" I know but damn good fun!) :)

Says the guy with red hot tires, sliding off the track in a turn!

Joking ;)

Psychomatrix
28-12-2015, 17:30
Nobody say something against tire managment. But 6.0 was unrealistic, when I get after 3 laps 130 degrees Celsius, without sliding. That's far from reality and now I get no heat in the tires.
The next patch will bring another issue. The game was released in may. Some guys should think about that.
And now saying go back to 6.0 the controller guys are not interested anymore shows how some people here thinking. It's the same ignorance that pc player have. I never buy a wheel for xbox one because I know that arsetto corse is mainly developing for the ps4.
That game is mainly for european market and the xbox one is in europe weak...very weak, maybe not in uk. Maybe the version are equal but I have my doubts. So I invest no more money in a dying console imo. 2017 whe will see a new xbox because it's the only chance to get the position back.
As a xbox user whe should have an interest that all play the game not only the wheel users. Its no fun to play with 3 people online. Nobody play this game at the moment in my friendlist. I know not every single pcars player on xbox but 45 are enough that I can see what's going on. I would prefer a solution to make the game for all playable. That should be possible.

OpticalHercules
28-12-2015, 18:00
... So I invest no more money in a dying console imo. 2017 whe will see a new xbox because it's the only chance to get the position back.
As a xbox user whe should have an interest that all play the game not only the wheel users. Its no fun to play with 3 people online. Nobody play this game at the moment in my friendlist. I know not every single pcars player on xbox but 45 are enough that I can see what's going on. I would prefer a solution to make the game for all playable. That should be possible.

Yeah I read over the weekend some speculation post about what the next-gen will bring with the PS5/Xbox [two], and possibly 4k mainstream gaming... This is probably the last console I'll buy except for maybe the next generation of Wii for the kids. I'm firmly decided to redirect myself back into PC gaming. There's more variety in hardware, software, modding, and peripheral options. Most importantly to me as a PC builder instead of package buyer, I don't have to drop a huge chunk of $$ all at once on anything, I can upgrade one thing at a time and keep the machine top of the line from year to year. This isn't just about PCars. The only real game that I was ever interested in that was locked to console was the Final Fantasy series, and I bought the wrong console for that anyway... I'm strangely thankful for my xbox breaking a few weeks ago, forcing me to spend my allotted gaming time back on my somewhat-aged PC enjoying some games that I used to play before I got sucked into consoles 3-4 years ago, at the end of the 360's mainstream lifespan. I'll be happy to get it back whenever it does come so I can play some more PCars (as the Spider wheel I bought doesn't work on PC or I'd have already bought the PC version), but I already see most of my playtime switching back to my gaming machine.

beetes_juice
28-12-2015, 18:06
Yeah I read over the weekend some speculation post about what the next-gen will bring with the PS5/Xbox [two], and possibly 4k mainstream gaming... This is probably the last console I'll buy except for maybe the next generation of Wii for the kids. I'm firmly decided to redirect myself back into PC gaming. There's more variety in hardware, software, modding, and peripheral options. Most importantly to me as a PC builder instead of package buyer, I don't have to drop a huge chunk of $$ all at once on anything, I can upgrade one thing at a time and keep the machine top of the line from year to year. This isn't just about PCars. The only real game that I was ever interested in that was locked to console was the Final Fantasy series, and I bought the wrong console for that anyway... I'm strangely thankful for my xbox breaking a few weeks ago, forcing me to spend my allotted gaming time back on my somewhat-aged PC enjoying some games that I used to play before I got sucked into consoles 3-4 years ago, at the end of the 360's mainstream lifespan. I'll be happy to get it back whenever it does come so I can play some more PCars (as the Spider wheel I bought doesn't work on PC or I'd have already bought the PC version), but I already see most of my playtime switching back to my gaming machine.

Past month I've been purchasing parts for my pc build. Finished it over the holiday.

Wow, just wow. Project cars in proper format (pc) is glorious compared to the xbox. Will not be going back to consoles anytime soon.

rtazz17
28-12-2015, 19:41
Yup agreed.Ive done the same thing.Initial investment was heavy because I had to start from scratch because everything was outdated.But Ive built it the way I like it.Got a gtx980ti graphics card so im good for a long while.Plus Im playing iracing again.Didnt realize how much I missed it until I had race after race of clean racing.No getting angry at all the wreckers on xbox.The xbox is strictly for the kids now.I do like forza but mainly because I love looking at the car variety.Unfortunately from reading the forums I wont be getting project cars for my pc because it seems it too is loaded with problems.Whats the saying? "Fool me once shame on you ,fool me twice shame on me"...

OpticalHercules
29-12-2015, 01:48
Yup agreed.Ive done the same thing.Initial investment was heavy because I had to start from scratch because everything was outdated.But Ive built it the way I like it.Got a gtx980ti graphics card so im good for a long while.Plus Im playing iracing again.Didnt realize how much I missed it until I had race after race of clean racing.No getting angry at all the wreckers on xbox.The xbox is strictly for the kids now.I do like forza but mainly because I love looking at the car variety.Unfortunately from reading the forums I wont be getting project cars for my pc because it seems it too is loaded with problems.Whats the saying? "Fool me once shame on you ,fool me twice shame on me"...

Exactly. My build may be dated, but All I really need to purchase at the moment is a GTX 980ti. Currently I have an HD7870 OC Edition that is just not cutting it anymore (and I think the fan may be bugging on me, running temps up to 182*...). Throw on a new card along with my existing 16gig 1866 memory, 750w ps, and FX6300 cpu and it'll handle most anything at decent settings until I can upgrade those to an fx8350 and 990NB mobo. I know the cpu will be a bottleneck for that card, but I'd rather get the biggest $$ item out of the way, then catch up with the lesser chunk items as I feel the need to.

God I even miss talking in real geekspeak...

Psychomatrix
29-12-2015, 18:52
Is meaning with driving on ice that you have no real grip and get zero feeling from the tire? As I started to play the game I asked my are the haindling off the cars that poor after 7.0. I didn't play the game for 2 or 3 months. I'm not extrem slower than before but I have no trust in the handling of the cars anymore. Then I get no response from the controller. Maybe the reason is the firmware update 1 month ago. Some cars like the alpine from the renault sports dlc is undriveable because I don't feel grip from the tires. It's more try and error at the moment.

OpticalHercules
02-01-2016, 16:18
So I've finally gotten my Xbox back from Microsoft warranty repair on Dec. 31st (sent it out on Dec 14th, and they sent me back my own unit, not a refurb replacement. Pretty good turnaround time, really.).

I've been able to play on Patch 7.0 now for a few hours and I really don't see what the complaint is about the tire physics. Yes there is a problem with the tire heat, and I think that may compound whatever "loose" traction people may be complaining about, but SMS has also acknowledged that the tire heat issue is an introduced bug and will be fixed. As far as the physics go, I think they're great.

I can see there being a problem with people using controllers to steer, but there are options to fix that. Adjust your settings, buy some stick extenders for your left stick, or play the game as intended and buy a wheel. (/flame on!)

Blunt RS
02-01-2016, 16:39
Its not the equipment its how you use it. Am sure its not the first time you've heard that :)
Problem is as I see it SMS listening and trying to please. PC PS4 Xbox One Wheel/Pad users with all different levels of skill and willing to learn. Buying a wheel doesn't make you faster. Current slowest time on the British Touring Car event is by a wheel user.

OpticalHercules
02-01-2016, 19:51
I'm in no way suggesting that a wheel makes people faster racers. A wheel does allow for more precise and smoother steering inputs, which is the problem most players on controllers experience as far as "driving on ice". The problem is too much input which is nearly unavoidable with a controller's stick. The best way around that is to use a stick extender and while driving hold the left stick forward and roll to the left or right while still holding forward. This gives you the smoothest input and allows for the smallest corrections, which is the problem most people experience resulting in over-corrections and loss of control. Letting the stick sit centered and bump-steering left and right, or even trying to steady-steer from the neutral centered stick is very difficult and leaves the player too prone to over-corrections.

In terms of game settings, you probably don't want to play with the steering sensitivity either as that does not change the overall range of motion but rather concentrates some of the range at either the near or far extreme of the possibly input positions. Think of it as an X-Y graph, with a linear 1:1 line representing 50% sensitivity. As you lower the sensitivity the input of X at the start of the input range results in less Y and flattening the line, but as you reach the limit of X inpt the resulting Y increases exponentially, resulting in less minute control at the far limit of your steering input. The opposite is true for increased sensitivity, with most of the steering output (what the game shows) happening in the first portion of the controller's input range (first few degrees of range of motion with your thumb). Changing the sensitivity in either direction really only results in sloppy input control at either the beginning or the end of your controller's range of motion.

I know this graph is for a different game, but the concept is exactly the same for PCars in how steering sensitivity works. Blue = 50%, Red = >50% yellow/greenish/puke color = <50%

Rather than playing with Steering Sensitivity, I would strongly suggest playing around with Speed Sens (higher levels reduce control output when at higher speeds to reduce potential of over-correction in a straight line), Input Filtering (I think this reduces some of the "twitch" factor in your inputs, not positive though...) and Steering Dampening (No idea what this really does, but I do know that I like the way the game feels with it set at 9 on my Steering Wheel).

Blunt RS
02-01-2016, 22:29
I agree with you it's all in the setting's, but am not convinced all wheel/pad users alter the setting. But the majiorty of issues regarding tires if its a pad user it must be cause he's using a pad. If he is using a wheel it must be game.