PDA

View Full Version : Warning about save data corrupt!!

TAAT GUNA
19-12-2015, 22:27
Today ive lost every thing on my game, carear progress, tuning setups and so on... So, when a message appear saying something like this (couldnt save your game data, want to retry?) be pation, wait and allways press yes, becouse that happens to me and after a few seconds saying yes and becouse nothing happened then i pressed no and lost every thing... Onde hour later that happens to my Brother and becouse i told him what happen to me he waits a bit longer and allways saying yes to retry and he kept all save data on is game.... Sorry my english

STEELJOCKEY
19-12-2015, 23:29
Thanks, that may help some people hopefully save there data

Benja190782
19-12-2015, 23:46
Thank you, sir!

Rearwing
04-01-2016, 12:07
Today ive lost every thing on my game, carear progress, tuning setups and so on... So, when a message appear saying something like this (couldnt save your game data, want to retry?) be pation, wait and allways press yes, becouse that happens to me and after a few seconds saying yes and becouse nothing happened then i pressed no and lost every thing... Onde hour later that happens to my Brother and becouse i told him what happen to me he waits a bit longer and allways saying yes to retry and he kept all save data on is game.... Sorry my english

Try deleting some of your saved replays. I had the same issue once I had deleted some of my replays the issue seemed to go away.

MajorEpidemic
04-01-2016, 21:06
Thanks for this. I had this message appear for the first time but having read your thread I left it a couple of minutes. Then when I selected yes to retry it saved successfully. Thanks again.

ashasha
04-01-2016, 21:28
I wasn't so fortunate. Yesterday I ended up having to uninstall everything, delete all of my settings and stuff and start from scratch. I had forgotten just how much effort had been put into setting up the FFB and other options. Not a fun day at all. Of course I suppose I had it coming to me since I always come in here and say how great the game is and how I never have any issues. :sour:

MajorEpidemic
04-01-2016, 22:08
I may have spoken too soon. I actually lost the profile. Annoying with 100+ hours career but I suppose I was lucky to get this far. It may be unrelated but I did notice my Xbox was trying to download the games with gold game in the background. Maybe it was that which stopped it syncing correctly and corrupted the save. I advise anyone who experiences this to quickly check the dashboard to make sure nothing is downloading in the background. It might work.

ashasha
05-01-2016, 07:00
I may have spoken too soon. I actually lost the profile. Annoying with 100+ hours career but I suppose I was lucky to get this far. It may be unrelated but I did notice my Xbox was trying to download the games with gold game in the background. Maybe it was that which stopped it syncing correctly and corrupted the save. I advise anyone who experiences this to quickly check the dashboard to make sure nothing is downloading in the background. It might work.You know what, I think that I may have been downloading a game in the background at some point while playing or at least had the game open or something right before it corrupted. I don't download a lot of games or anything so that may explain why I haven't had any issues until this one which just popped up out of no where.

MajorEpidemic
05-01-2016, 20:08
Hmmm. I just had this happen to me again. After not having his bug since release I have now had it twice in two nights. When I did a speed test of my internet it was shocking which is probably what caused it.

But this time I decided to leave it on the "failed to save..." Error and try the yes to retry option every 10 minutes. After 30 minutes it worked! I guess when the OP said be patient I didn't realise they meant that patient! So to reinforce the first advice WAIT until retry works. Even if it is longer than 30 minutes! And check your internet speed. Better than losing hours of gameplay and settings.

TAAT GUNA
06-01-2016, 10:45
Thanks for this. I had this message appear for the first time but having read your thread I left it a couple of minutes. Then when I selected yes to retry it saved successfully. Thanks again.

Glad i could help

TAAT GUNA
06-01-2016, 10:48
Hmmm. I just had this happen to me again. After not having his bug since release I have now had it twice in two nights. When I did a speed test of my internet it was shocking which is probably what caused it.

But this time I decided to leave it on the "failed to save..." Error and try the yes to retry option every 10 minutes. After 30 minutes it worked! I guess when the OP said be patient I didn't realise they meant that patient! So to reinforce the first advice WAIT until retry works. Even if it is longer than 30 minutes! And check your internet speed. Better than losing hours of gameplay and settings.

Yes, be patient...lol..in my brothers case it wasnt too mutch time but can be diferent in some cases, but like you said, better wait 30 min than loosing hours of game progress....

MajorEpidemic
16-01-2016, 16:49
I have now had this happen again but managed to get it to save. I guess I have come to the conclusion there must be a bug in the save feature somewhere but I am writing this on the basis it might also help someone else.

So far the save bug has only occurred for me when changing my steering wheel settings (Logitech G920). This time there was no internet connection issues or any other issue I could see. Even after 3 hours it wouldn't save. However, when I unplugged the usb cable for my steering wheel it went back to the main menu and the message disappeared. The steering wheel settings hadn't saved but at least I kept everything else.

Hope this may help someone else if they experience a similar issue.

oldmodelt
17-01-2016, 05:43
I should have read this thread. Tried to Save a 30 min race replay and 4 seasons of career are gone. Thanks PCars. Love those idiots who do your BETA testing. Come to my house so I can kick you in the N***. The only thing that makes this tolerable is that there is no money (credits) to be lost. But I will not do the stupid Karts season again. Have done it 2 times. One on my son's PS4 and again on the ONE.

TAAT GUNA
18-01-2016, 23:38
I should have read this thread. Tried to Save a 30 min race replay and 4 seasons of career are gone. Thanks PCars. Love those idiots who do your BETA testing. Come to my house so I can kick you in the N***. The only thing that makes this tolerable is that there is no money (credits) to be lost. But I will not do the stupid Karts season again. Have done it 2 times. One on my son's PS4 and again on the ONE.

Sorry to ear that m8, its kind of frustrating and i understand you...

oldmodelt
20-01-2016, 20:47
Sorry to ear that m8, its kind of frustrating and i understand you...

Actually I'm sitting here trying to decide if it's worth putting the game back into the machine. http://youtu.be/wE0uhqaxS_E

This is not me. Just something from YOUTUBE that expresses my disappointment.

Hammerpgh
10-02-2016, 14:15
I had it happen to me for the 4th/5th time at the weekend. Always frustrating and as a result I don;t touch the career aspect of the game which is such a shame. The lack of any back up facility other than the cloud for your game saves is a HUGE problem as it seems whenever this problem occurs it happens to both the local and cloud save so there is no recourse to restore a working version.