PDA

View Full Version : help!!! lost game save.

Heehaw4x4
20-12-2015, 11:46
is there any fix for this?

amazed
20-12-2015, 12:12
Lost everything on Forza 5 and Horizon 2 once.

Sadly I don't think there's any way round it, unless you've saved a backup somewhere else?

OpticalHercules
20-12-2015, 17:02
What is your game doing, and have you deleted your local+cloud data files yet? If you haven't touched your data files but simply can't log in because of some warning popping up, try the following:

1: Go into Xbox settings (network, i think), and put the xbox into Offline Mode.

2: While in Offline Mode, start PCars. It will give you a warning that something won't be saved or whatever. Click around it to continue playing. Remember, if anything goes wrong here, You're already at the point where you can't play so just go for it.

3: Once the game starts, load a career race/qualifier and complete it then save. Make some settings change. Make some Tune change. Make a couple changes in the status of your save file since last you were able to play normally.

4: Now shutdown the game through the xbox dashboard, and perform a Hard Reset (Hold power button on xbox for 15-20 seconds until the power brick light goes from white to orange, then unplug the power cord form xbox, tap the power button a few times, then plug it back in)

5: Now restart the xbox, go into settings and put it back into normal Online Mode.

6: Try to boot the game. What I hope will happen here is that XBLive will detect a newer save file on the local system than exists on the cloud and will try to update the bad cloud file with the newer local save file. Complete the sync and play

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: Let us know if this works! I've been posting this procedure for a couple weeks now but I'm unsure if anyone has actually tried it as they usually just delete their data and move on before coming here to complain about the known issue. I won't guarantee that it will work, it may not let you proceed at any point in the process, but if it does work then it's a chance for many other players to retain their save file when the known corruption problems hit.

Iantugmaster
23-12-2015, 04:46
The fix would be on SMS's end, but we all know that they don't care. Just look at the amount of closed topics on the game save bug!!!

Have they commented on any of them? Lol no.

They probably get a good laugh at us looking at us going through this pain, then chuckle again when they lock a thread on this issue, or ban a poor Xbox customer!!!

In the words of Adam Orth, (who probably works for SMS now) "deal with it!"

OpticalHercules
23-12-2015, 20:48
The fix would be on SMS's end, but we all know that they don't care. Just look at the amount of closed topics on the game save bug!!!

Have they commented on any of them? Lol no.

They probably get a good laugh at us looking at us going through this pain, then chuckle again when they lock a thread on this issue, or ban a poor Xbox customer!!!

In the words of Adam Orth, (who probably works for SMS now) "deal with it!"

Nice job inferring that those threads were closed because SMS didn't like what we were complaining about, rather than the derailments that happened on every single one of those threads. Nevermind the save delays introduced with patch 6.0 to try and resolve at least some portion of this issue.

I'm not defending that the problem has existed for so long, but bitching and moaning about it while offering absolutely nothing to help resolve it is why those threads were closed. So long as certain people were being proactive and respectful about introducing new ideas or facts to the discussion, those threads were kept open and stayed active.

I'm guessing you are a previously banned account. You were created in December, but by the hate you seem to have for this save file problem, there's no possible way you've experienced it to the point of your anger in only the past 3-4 weeks.

amazed
23-12-2015, 20:52
Do Turn10 help when the XBox Cloud mucks up your save?

No!

So why should SMS do so?

It's M$ problem.

Flat_out
23-12-2015, 21:32
What is your game doing, and have you deleted your local+cloud data files yet? If you haven't touched your data files but simply can't log in because of some warning popping up, try the following:

1: Go into Xbox settings (network, i think), and put the xbox into Offline Mode.

2: While in Offline Mode, start PCars. It will give you a warning that something won't be saved or whatever. Click around it to continue playing. Remember, if anything goes wrong here, You're already at the point where you can't play so just go for it.

3: Once the game starts, load a career race/qualifier and complete it then save. Make some settings change. Make some Tune change. Make a couple changes in the status of your save file since last you were able to play normally.

4: Now shutdown the game through the xbox dashboard, and perform a Hard Reset (Hold power button on xbox for 15-20 seconds until the power brick light goes from white to orange, then unplug the power cord form xbox, tap the power button a few times, then plug it back in)

5: Now restart the xbox, go into settings and put it back into normal Online Mode.

6: Try to boot the game. What I hope will happen here is that XBLive will detect a newer save file on the local system than exists on the cloud and will try to update the bad cloud file with the newer local save file. Complete the sync and play

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: Let us know if this works! I've been posting this procedure for a couple weeks now but I'm unsure if anyone has actually tried it as they usually just delete their data and move on before coming here to complain about the known issue. I won't guarantee that it will work, it may not let you proceed at any point in the process, but if it does work then it's a chance for many other players to retain their save file when the known corruption problems hit.

Would be good to know if this works.Will Definitely try it if I encounter this.