PDA

View Full Version : [Windows Universal / Android (available now)] vHUD for Project Cars

Pages : [1] 2 3

oscarolim
20-12-2015, 20:09
Hi everyone. Some might know me from the pCars ForceFeedback webapp.
On December 2015 I started building an App for Windows 10. This app is and always will be free. It offers one inApp purchase that unlocks the usage of unlimited Displays.
End of March 2016 I looked into the Android development and on April 1st released the first version into closed beta. The Android version will have a one off cost of 0.99 (converted to other markets) but no inApp purchases. Android users will also have an extra perk on the SimRacingManager website, to be announced at a later date.

Google+ Community:
https://plus.google.com/communities/108069446023518838540

Android (Phone and Tablet, Kit Kat 4.4 or higher required)
Store link download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pt.oscarolim.pcarsvhud

Changelog (http://vhud.oscarolim.pt/changelog#android)

Windows 10 UWP (Desktop, Tablet, Surface (x86 only), Windows phone)
For reference only: Preview of an early build on a Lumia 520 with Windows 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZLV9XeK8X8
Build 1.2.0: https://youtu.be/7dTYqlLbIII

The Windows version of the application is free in cost and free of advertising. However if you wish to contribute voluntarily feel free to visit the website (http://vhud.oscarolim.pt) for more information.

Homepage
http://vhud.oscarolim.pt

Store link download
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/apps/pcars-vhud/9nblggh58tpc

Changelog (http://vhud.oscarolim.pt/changelog)

oscarolim
25-12-2015, 19:32
Screenshots
http://vhud.oscarolim.pt/support/images/screens/screen-1.png

http://vhud.oscarolim.pt/support/images/screens/screen-2.png

http://vhud.oscarolim.pt/support/images/screens/screen-3.png

http://vhud.oscarolim.pt/support/images/screens/screen-4.png

oscarolim
28-12-2015, 15:33
Today I've released a new update with a few more functions. Everything seems to be on track for a January release.

In the meantime, if you have a windows 10 device use one of the codes below to try the app early. If you use a code please let me know so I remove from the list and people don't try the same one.

Michel--NL
28-12-2015, 16:31
Going to test the app this evening.
Used code M96RP-FY4KH-YVD27-GTTKX-FV7TZ

inthebagbud
28-12-2015, 16:41
added to Pcars Resources Thread

Michel--NL
28-12-2015, 21:39
I tried it on a Lumia 930 with Windows 10.
The app runs for about 5 seconds and then crashes and getting back to the windows homescreen.
Same is for a Surface tablet, dont know if it is supported :rolleyes:

Is it possible to see logfiles on the phone?
How do you change screens?

oscarolim
29-12-2015, 08:49
I tried it on a Lumia 930 with Windows 10.
The app runs for about 5 seconds and then crashes and getting back to the windows homescreen.
Same is for a Surface tablet, dont know if it is supported :rolleyes:

Is it possible to see logfiles on the phone?
How do you change screens?

I should receive the logs in the development dashboard (if you have that active in the Windows settings). That is really annoying, I was sure the crash gremlins were all gone. If it has windows 10 is supported, be it x86, x64 or ARM.

Was the game already running when the app crashed, or was in a specific point (in menus, settings, paused, pits, etc)?

To change screens you just tap (or click if using a mouse) the screen.

EDIT: I believe I've found the reason of the crash. For now I've disabled the telemetry on replays (the issue was not completely about that, but that was also a separate issue), and I will need time to evaluate the telemetry sent when in replay mode (seems to be different from race mode). An update has been submitted to Microsoft and should be available in a couple hours.

Michel--NL
29-12-2015, 11:28
Ok i will wait for the update and check for the change screens settings. At the moment tapping the screen is doing nothing.

I like version information...is it possible to show the version information in de settings screen?
Then we know witch version we have installed on our device.

oscarolim
29-12-2015, 11:36
Of course, I'll be adding that.

The screen only changes on tap once a session is in progress (which is when the user interface is updated).

TheReaper GT
29-12-2015, 11:57
Hey Oscar, how are you? I'm on fast ring of Windows preview and receive updates pretty earlier, if you want me to test the app, send me a code through pm... Great work bro

AtomicSphincter
29-12-2015, 12:23
Great job on the app, oscarolim! Does it work on Windows 10 pc, or just mobile Win 10? My mobile is android but I have Win 10 laptop

TheReaper GT
29-12-2015, 12:42
Great job on the app, oscarolim! Does it work on Windows 10 pc, or just mobile Win 10? My mobile is android but I have Win 10 laptop

It's universal, should work fine on your computer

Michel--NL
29-12-2015, 13:04
This version works...Great job.

Did a few quick tests for now with my surface tablet (wired).
- It is using very high cpu, it wants 100%. Even if it is waiting for valid session.
- The rev counter gets to quick in the red zone. Tested it with a couple of cars.

With the phone it was not reliable for testing. To mutch lag. Think i need a new wifi router :)

oscarolim
29-12-2015, 21:42
As it was said, is universal. Any win10 device will do.

This version works...Great job.

Did a few quick tests for now with my surface tablet (wired).
- It is using very high cpu, it wants 100%. Even if it is waiting for valid session.
- The rev counter gets to quick in the red zone. Tested it with a couple of cars.

With the phone it was not reliable for testing. To mutch lag. Think i need a new wifi router :)

The lag will always depend on the network unfortunately. I use UDP1 but have a N wireless router and the console on DMZ.

The 100% cpu is odd, although to be fair I've been testing on fairly recent CPUs. However I believe I can suspend some functions while waiting for a session. That will help save battery as well.

The rev is something that bothers me as well. I've tried a few different ways, and at the moment I'm using 40% of the rpm band to light them up. I might revert to an early version where is more linear. Since know there are more lights (originally was only 7) it might work better.

I'll look into all this tomorrow and hopefully release an update as well.

Again thank you all for the feedback and input.

Michel--NL
29-12-2015, 22:23
The 100% cpu is odd, although to be fair I've been testing on fairly recent CPUs. However I believe I can suspend some functions while waiting for a session. That will help save battery as well.
Just installed it on my laptop and started the app. There is nothing else running.

oscarolim
30-12-2015, 06:31
That must be from keeping updating the interface (even though there's nothing to update). I'll change that so that the update interface functions only run when there's actual data coming in. That should save quite a few cpu cycles.

oscarolim
30-12-2015, 08:26
An update has been submitted, should be available in a couple of hours.

- Decreased CPU usage by as much as 50% in some cases
- Improved the lap time timer
- Changed RPM lights to a more linear feel
- Current lap time uses the device internal clock to smooth the numbers

Michel--NL
30-12-2015, 08:45
An update has been submitted, should be available in a couple of hours.

- Decreased CPU usage by as much as 50% in some cases
- Improved the lap time timer
- Changed RPM lights to a more linear feel
- Current lap time uses the device internal clock to smooth the numbers

Great :)
Going to check when it is available

You should update your first post (starting post) with this information. Most people only read the first post of the topic and if you upgrade that with this information better change that people are going to use it ;)

TheRock64
30-12-2015, 09:30
Test this app on Windows 10 PC and Lumia 950 XL
Used WRPJK-476TF-MMJ3R-YHJMK-WDQ9Z

oscarolim
30-12-2015, 10:04
Great :)
Going to check when it is available

You should update your first post (starting post) with this information. Most people only read the first post of the topic and if you upgrade that with this information better change that people are going to use it ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tidy up the original posts to be more clear and nicer to read :)

inthebagbud
30-12-2015, 13:27
Would also suggest adding an update to this thread as well http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43125-UDP-Compatible-Apps-List-Yours-Now! for more exposure.

oscarolim
30-12-2015, 13:49
Thanks for the heads up. Was looking for something similar to that. Once the app is released I'll add an entry there as well.

Seps1974
30-12-2015, 14:57
I took code GH34W-VJQYD-TJMG2-4QT34-RHRGZ

Seps1974
30-12-2015, 16:10
I tried it and it run smooth, no lag at all... I'm using UDP 5. Great job Oscar :encouragement:

oscarolim
30-12-2015, 16:33
That's good to know. I personally use UDP1, but lag and latency will heavily depend on each one's network setup.

But is always good to know that there are no serious issues arising so that the launch date can be fulfilled :)

TheRock64
30-12-2015, 18:27
I tried it. No lag! Windows Phone and PC - using UDP 5.

Fullscreen option for PC would be nice :cool:

oscarolim
30-12-2015, 20:52
For now you can maximize the window, but I will look into that option. Should be a quick thing to add.

BreadedVirus
01-01-2016, 14:02
Can i use this on my windows 10 laptop?

TheReaper GT
01-01-2016, 14:03
Can i use this on my windows 10 laptop?

Yes

BreadedVirus
01-01-2016, 14:05
Yes

I clicked on the link but it says it is not available on the windows apps store...

TheReaper GT
01-01-2016, 14:16
I clicked on the link but it says it is not available on the windows apps store...

Try one of the codes on the first post

Seps1974
01-01-2016, 14:17

You must be logged in for it to show available.

BreadedVirus
01-01-2016, 14:29
You must be logged in for it to show available.

I followed the link to the windows app store via my laptop. Am i missing something here?

TheReaper GT
01-01-2016, 14:33
I followed the link to the windows app store via my laptop. Am i missing something here?

You have to be logged in the Microsoft store

BreadedVirus
01-01-2016, 14:48
Downloading now. Thanks guys for your help...

oscarolim
02-01-2016, 09:43
Thank you guys for the help. The new year celebrations prevented me to come around sooner :p

Happy new year everyone.

BreadedVirus, for now you need a code to download the app, but only two days to go to release the final version. There's one more thing I want to include on the first public release, which I will be releasing either today or tomorrow for the current preview members :)

BreadedVirus
03-01-2016, 00:24
Thank you guys for the help. The new year celebrations prevented me to come around sooner :p

Happy new year everyone.

BreadedVirus, for now you need a code to download the app, but only two days to go to release the final version. There's one more thing I want to include on the first public release, which I will be releasing either today or tomorrow for the current preview members :)

Thanks, i used one of the codes from this thread. I have to say, it is absolutely fantastic.

oscarolim
03-01-2016, 09:26
All codes have now been used, but since tomorrow I'm releasing it publicly (maybe tonight) there's no point in generating new ones.

There was an update made yesterday that added a timing screen.
Mid to end of January I'm planing to release an update that will add integration with the force feedback settings website, but for now I need to also update the website with some instructions for this app, so that is clear what everything does.

There will also be a results page, but I'm not sure if that will be completed in January. Actually I'm still trying to decide if I should do that before the integration with the FFB site!

oscarolim
03-01-2016, 13:20
Minor update today.

- Fuel average considers all laps instead of just the previous lap

And the app will be available to everyone today in a few hours :)

BreadedVirus
04-01-2016, 01:30
Great update. This app alongside Crew Chief work wonders.

Thanks Oscarolim

edg65ge
04-01-2016, 17:04
Any news on release?

TheReaper GT
04-01-2016, 18:49
Any news on release?

It's out

oscarolim
04-01-2016, 23:46
First post release update scheduled for this weekend (should hit the store on or before Saturday):
- tire pressure
- extra colour on water / oils gauges for reaching the near limit
- use only one temperature for the tires (this might change to three again, if when I make it work reliably)

For the end of the month I've got planned some extra panels of information.

BreadedVirus
06-01-2016, 02:14
First post release update scheduled for this weekend (should hit the store on or before Saturday):
- tire pressure
- extra colour on water / oils gauges for reaching the near limit
- use only one temperature for the tires (this might change to three again, if when I make it work reliably)

For the end of the month I've got planned some extra panels of information.

Looking forward to it. Keep up the great work my friend.

oscarolim
07-01-2016, 18:21
New update released, should be available shorty.

- Tire pressure displayed on the second panel
- New colours on the water / oil gauges (dark green when under the maximum temperature, bright green when close to maximum temperature and red when over the maximum temperature)
- Usage of only one temperature for the tires (this might change to three again, if when I make it work reliably)

For the next update I'm planing in having this app and the FFB site connected, and after that work on the timing and race results.
For February I expect to have a preview of HUD customization, and after that it should be mostly maintenance updates (and community requests if any).

ports
07-01-2016, 18:41
New update released, should be available shorty.

- Tire pressure displayed on the second panel
- New colours on the water / oil gauges (dark green when under the maximum temperature, bright green when close to maximum temperature and red when over the maximum temperature)
- Usage of only one temperature for the tires (this might change to three again, if when I make it work reliably)

For the next update I'm planing in having this app and the FFB site connected, and after that work on the timing and race results.
For February I expect to have a preview of HUD customization, and after that it should be mostly maintenance updates (and community requests if any).

This looks a great app i didn't want to update my tablet from windows 8.1 to 10 but i think its got to happen to get this app nice work in such a short time.

oscarolim
07-01-2016, 20:18
Thanks, i really appreciate it. Windows 8 wasn't on my plans so I could have an universal app. But overal is worth doing the upgrade to Windows 10 :)

oscarolim
10-01-2016, 19:41
48 downloads since it went live and 0 crashes reported. Quite happy with these numbers :)

ports
10-01-2016, 20:04
I'll be updating to windows 10 tomorrow so you can make that 49 downloads :) i can't wait to try it out. I admire and respect you App makers wish i had the knowledge to know how to code its all alien to me :) .

BreadedVirus
12-01-2016, 01:42
Any chance of the app being full screen in a future update?

oscarolim
12-01-2016, 09:56
Yes, I will be looking into that for sure. At the moment is not on the highest priority, since you can make it full screen (albeit with the window bar on top), and is not a quick change (not difficult, but I need to dedicate a bit of time to make it right).
There's an update coming soon, just waiting to finalize the licensing of the new font before it goes live, but after that I'll look into adding the full screen to the next update :)

oscarolim
12-01-2016, 13:30
New version coming out today.

- New fonts used
- Pit board like screen when completing a lap during a race (can be disabled on Options)
- Full screen mode double clicking (or tapping) the RPM lights

There will be full screen after all :)

ports
12-01-2016, 16:40
I've just got finished downloading windows 10 then i downloaded your app had a quick go on pcars and all i can say is nice one and your app is awesome.

ports
12-01-2016, 20:31
I was just trying out the different pages of the app and on this screen the Mph doesn't work but if you click on to another page then back it will work until you break and how ever fast you were going it freezes on that number here's screen shot mate.

oscarolim
12-01-2016, 22:37
Thanks for the heads up, the update function for that number must be on the wrong place. I'll check that and issue an update tomorrow.

oscarolim
13-01-2016, 05:45
Update should be available in the next hours.

- Fixed a bug with updating the speed on the information bar (panels #2 and #3)
- Speed and damage on information bar will always be three digits
- Lighter opacity for the needles in panel #2

ports
13-01-2016, 13:58
Update should be available in the next hours.

- Fixed a bug with updating the speed on the information bar (panels #2 and #3)
- Speed and damage on information bar will always be three digits
- Lighter opacity for the needles in panel #2

Nice one mate :) i just tried the app after the new update all is working perfectly mph on all screens .

oscarolim
15-01-2016, 12:42
Work on the next stage has started:

http://media.oscarolim.pt/pcars/timings.png

Aiming to have this by the end of the month.
I will need to postpone slightly the integration with the force feedback website, as I'm running into issues that will take some time to solve properly.

ports
15-01-2016, 12:46
If you need any one to help beta test the new timing screen i'll be happy to help out .

TheReaper GT
15-01-2016, 14:00
Oscarolim, change the colors for the sector 2 and full lap, that can ease reading

oscarolim
15-01-2016, 14:43
I still have to add the colors. Purple for the fastest sector / time, green for the current sector, and red if lap is was invalidated.

I'll take that advice of different colors for sector 2 and lap time on board as well.

And I've just noticed the numbers on the fuel bar are too big :p Need to fix that too.

TheReaper GT
15-01-2016, 15:20
I still have to add the colors. Purple for the fastest sector / time, green for the current sector, and red if lap is was invalidated.

I'll take that advice of different colors for sector 2 and lap time on board as well.

And I've just noticed the numbers on the fuel bar are too big :p Need to fix that too.

What about grey if invalidated, red if lost time green if gain time?

oscarolim
15-01-2016, 17:22
The red is going to the player name (either that or I'll add a ! to the time at the end of the row).

The lap / sector times would be Green for faster than last reading, Red for slower than last reading and yellow for the current sector the car is in (to keep the same scheme as the third panel and avoid confusion with colors). And of course the purple for the fastest, which will override any other color rules.

oscarolim
19-01-2016, 17:44
Hi everyone. I had an update planned for today, but I got some bug reports about the new timing screen, so I'll need to postpone the live date for probably this weekend, depending on how much time I can allocate this week.
Unfortunately this things happen :s

TheReaper GT
19-01-2016, 17:46
Hi everyone. I had an update planned for today, but I got some bug reports about the new timing screen, so I'll need to postpone the live date for probably this weekend, depending on how much time I can allocate this week.
Unfortunately this things happen :s

Don't worry, brother, keep up the good work

oscarolim
20-01-2016, 17:03
New update submitted, should be out soon.

- Fixed speed label on information bar (mph or kph)
- Fixed font size on the fuel usage number
- Added a fourth screen with the race position and times
- Added the best lap of the session (since the player entered the session) on the third screen
- Fixed a render issue with the pit board

There's still the post race finish screen to do, with the player positions and best laps. That will come maybe this weekend / next weekend.

In February I've got a week holiday, so I'm planing to add a few more things then (and update the site / store with screens of the latest version, since I'm still using the old font on the screenshots :p).

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 17:06
New update submitted, should be out soon.

- Fixed speed label on information bar (mph or kph)
- Fixed font size on the fuel usage number
- Added a fourth screen with the race position and times
- Added the best lap of the session (since the player entered the session) on the third screen
- Fixed a render issue with the pit board

There's still the post race finish screen to do, with the player positions and best laps. That will come maybe this weekend / next weekend.

In February I've got a week holiday, so I'm planing to add a few more things then (and update the site / store with screens of the latest version, since I'm still using the old font on the screenshots :p).

Have you seen the udp changes from 8.0?

oscarolim
20-01-2016, 17:52
I haven't used the new UDP settings since I can only test on xbox, but once it hits I'll check it and update accordingly. The current player sector might be wrong with the new patch, but I'll need to double check it.

EDIT: I've just checked the code and it shouldn't pose any issues. Nevertheless I'll be reviewing it once the update hits the xbox.

transfix
20-01-2016, 22:43
@Oscar. Really loving this app running full screen on my laptop! Can't wait to see what other pages you add. ANy chance of getting this on iOS?

oscarolim
20-01-2016, 23:27
For now i have no plans for that now, but once I feel the Windows version to be complete I will look into the other platforms :)

BreadedVirus
23-01-2016, 02:39
How do i make this full screen on my laptop?

oscarolim
23-01-2016, 11:36
Double click (or double tap) on the RPM lights at the top.

Seps1974
23-01-2016, 13:53
Double click (or double tap) on the RPM lights at the top.

Hey Oscar. Don't know why but that's not working for me.

ports
23-01-2016, 15:58
Hey Oscar. Don't know why but that's not working for me.

Only way i get the app to go full screen is when the app is running by clicking RPM .

oscarolim
24-01-2016, 11:50
And now I feel stupid...
On the last update I commented the wrong line of code: so the full screen is not triggering anymore. I'll fix it on the next update.

The update should come tomorrow if the testing session I have for today goes well. It all minor fixes and optimizations, nothing new on this update.

inthebagbud
24-01-2016, 12:09
And now I feel stupid...
On the last update I commented the wrong line of code: so the full screen is not triggering anymore. I'll fix it on the next update.

The update should come tomorrow if the testing session I have for today goes well. It all minor fixes and optimizations, nothing new on this update.

I am running version 1.1.42 and the double tap works for me , does that mean I am not running latest version?

oscarolim
24-01-2016, 13:41
.42 is the latest version, but there is some instances where the full screen will not work. Not all the code was commented, but an important line was, that will break the full screen is some circumstances.

oscarolim
24-01-2016, 22:10
Hi guys. New update should be out soon.

- Added the session time and remaining time / laps to the timing screen
- Fixed several crash issues with the pit board
- Fixed several issues with the timing screen: not reseting when starting a new session, crashing when someone left the session
- Several bugs and crash issues have been fixed in several places

RadicalRacer
24-01-2016, 22:47
Just spotted this thread, great to see W10 being supported. Just a thought, I don't know how the search in the Windows Store indexes but searching for "Project Cars" doesn't show the app. Just thought you might be missing some new users as the first thing I did was search the store before coming onto the PC forum.

oscarolim
24-01-2016, 23:29
The search results have to do with the name and developer. Even tough I have 'Project Cars' on the keywords, it doesn't seem to pick up on that, annoyingly!

ports
25-01-2016, 17:38
Hi guys. New update should be out soon.

- Added the session time and remaining time / laps to the timing screen
- Fixed several crash issues with the pit board
- Fixed several issues with the timing screen: not resetting when starting a new session, crashing when someone left the session
- Several bugs and crash issues have been fixed in several places

Has this update gone live yet Oscar ?

inthebagbud
25-01-2016, 18:38
just using the APP in TT mode with a ghost but the names and times on this screen where not me or the ghost and the times were not our times either

oscarolim
25-01-2016, 18:38
Not yet. Is taking longer this time, don't know why however. Is still on the certification stage (then is release and publishing). Next time I'll publish the changelog once it goes into the Publishing phase. Hopefully today or later tomorrow.

EDIT: There were some issues with that screen that have been fixed on the latest version. I did not check in time trial mode, but I was having the same issue in multiplayer (which has now been sorted). I will however check in TT to make sure is working as expected there.

RadicalRacer
25-01-2016, 21:39
Had a play with the app this evening, not saying that I was impressed but I am currently redesigning my rig to support a second screen :) Ran great on Lumia 435, just need my 930 to be upgraded now.

The only bug I've spotted is if you "return to the pit" while the splash screen that appears when you cross the line is present it the splash screen doesn't go away. Not a big issue but thought I'd mention it.

ports
25-01-2016, 23:35
The update has just gone live :)

TheReaper GT
25-01-2016, 23:54
Great update Oscar, the pit board now works for me. It's a highly useful feature. Before the update it appears empty and stuck in front of the dash data. I have a request/sugestion, I use the dark theme and the pit board is kind of hard to read at glance, maybe you could add the option to select dark, grey or light pit board background, to suit everybody :D
Thanks for the update. :D

oscarolim
26-01-2016, 07:50
Indeed, all the bugs mentioned so far were fixed in the last build.
For the next one I already have the redesign of the pit board in mind. Bigger font, more clear that is something that just popped up, and options to show for X seconds or until you touch it.
This should come this weekend to a phone near you :)

EDIT
As a recap:
- This weekend a new redesigned pit board;
- First week of February, new results screen.
- Third week of February, new dash screens to replace the current first screen (thinking of having two more options besides the current one)
- March, ability to create your custom dashes (this will be a big one, let's see how it goes).

I haven't forgotten about wanting to integrate this app with my other pCars WebApp. However based on opinions heard from some users, the features above would be more relevant for them, so for now this is my plan.

BreadedVirus
27-01-2016, 04:47
The update has just gone live :)

Just updated on my laptop. Fantastic stuff. Keeps getting better and better.

KkDrummer
29-01-2016, 13:38
Indeed, all the bugs mentioned so far were fixed in the last build.
For the next one I already have the redesign of the pit board in mind. Bigger font, more clear that is something that just popped up, and options to show for X seconds or until you touch it.
This should come this weekend to a phone near you :)

EDIT
As a recap:
- This weekend a new redesigned pit board;
- First week of February, new results screen.
- Third week of February, new dash screens to replace the current first screen (thinking of having two more options besides the current one)
- March, ability to create your custom dashes (this will be a big one, let's see how it goes).

I haven't forgotten about wanting to integrate this app with my other pCars WebApp. However based on opinions heard from some users, the features above would be more relevant for them, so for now this is my plan.

Thanks for this app Oscarolim! it is pretty good, I use it all the time.

oscarolim
29-01-2016, 18:29
Hi guys. I've submitted an update today, which hopefully will be available during the weekend.
A small update with a couple of improved features and some new ones, hope you enjoy it.

- Options to control the Pit Board background color and time on screen
- Tapping / clicking on the Pit Board automatically dismisses it
- Bigger font on Pit Board and warnings for pitting for Fuel / Tires (when either front or rear tire usage reaches 80%)
- Warning messages when damage occurs (it stays on screen for five seconds), showing when the value increases 10% since the last reading
- Reworked how the RPM lights come up. First 4 use 80% of the RPM band, the last 8 use the remaining 20%
- New About screen with the changelog

89miata
30-01-2016, 00:41
i have downloaded this app today and cant get it to work with project cars ps4, the app just says waiting for valid session? what am i doing wrong?

TheReaper GT
30-01-2016, 00:47
i have downloaded this app today and cant get it to work with project cars ps4, the app just says waiting for valid session? what am i doing wrong?

Go to your ps4, open Project Cars, go to game options, select gameplay, go to udp and put it to 5 or 3...

oscarolim
30-01-2016, 09:53
Update is now available at the store.

inthebagbud
30-01-2016, 12:30
Nota biggy but just in case your presentation levels are high I noticed that pit was spelt pib on settings screen, hate for you not too notice and nobody tell you

oscarolim
30-01-2016, 12:39
Thanks, I'll fix that on the next version. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I typed Pib instead of Pit. The 'b' and 't' are not even close to each other. On the other hand, yesterday I had quite a bit of paracetamol on my body because of a cold...

oscarolim
31-01-2016, 16:49
Hi guys. Today I had a couple of hours and started looking into the results panel. Being a bit more of a pain than I tough, mostly because some of my code is not the best.
I really need to take some time to clean up some of this stuff...

Anyway, I have it save to a csv file. Currently I'm saving Position, Name, Laps and Best lap.

If there's something you would like to see added, let me know until Friday. Over the weekend I'll be working on this to release the update Sunday / Monday.

Of course if you ask for something after next update, I will listen and if reasonable I can add. This is just so I have a list of requests for the first release of this feature :)

Cheers all.

ports
05-02-2016, 14:20
Only thing i'd like added is the option for your app to be able to save all my pb lap times so i have always got the option to check my times as you know TT leader boards are limited.

oscarolim
06-02-2016, 11:15
Only thing i'd like added is the option for your app to be able to save all my pb lap times so i have always got the option to check my times as you know TT leader boards are limited.
Do you mean the ability to save all the laps you did on the session? It is something I can add for sure.

--
New update submitted, should be available soon.

- Ability to save the results when a session ends (the option is triggered when you close the current session to ensure all results are up to date)
- Fixed text typos and an issue with the player names, when more than 20 were present
- Reworked options panel
- Option to show the device battery level on the top right (if one is present)

So next big update will be coming at the end of this month. I've got planned introducing a new HUD (the current one will also be available to choose of course, not going anywhere :p).

ports
06-02-2016, 15:33
Do you mean the ability to save all the laps you did on the session? It is something I can add for sure.

--
New update submitted, should be available soon.

- Ability to save the results when a session ends (the option is triggered when you close the current session to ensure all results are up to date)
- Fixed text typos and an issue with the player names, when more than 20 were present
- Reworked options panel
- Option to show the device battery level on the top right (if one is present)

So next big update will be coming at the end of this month. I've got planned introducing a new HUD (the current one will also be available to choose of course, not going anywhere :p).

Yeah mate or just the fastest lap of the session that would make me happy :)

marquito
08-02-2016, 10:50
Hi oscar,
In future is possibile an integration between your app and your League Manager (http://lm.oscarolim.pt/championships)?
For example the app export a race results and it's possibile to upload to your league manager...

oscarolim
08-02-2016, 12:59
Yes, that is part of my long term support. First the league manager will probably take an overhaul, to ease the upload of results, but yes, that will be part of the App at some point.
The only reason I haven't mentioned it is because is still a few months away.

oscarolim
08-02-2016, 18:05
Just a heads up, the update 1.1.49 is now live.

thepodge86
08-02-2016, 21:54
Hope you can help.
I'm really struggling with this. I've downloaded the app to my windows 10 tablet for use with the PS4 and all I get is 'waiting for valid session'.
I've tried UDP 1 through to 9 but no success.
Turn windows firewall off also, again nothing. The PS4 is in the dmz on a static.

I'm sure its something simple but help would be great.

ports
08-02-2016, 22:18
Hope you can help.
I'm really struggling with this. I've downloaded the app to my windows 10 tablet for use with the PS4 and all I get is 'waiting for valid session'.
I've tried UDP 1 through to 9 but no success.
Turn windows firewall off also, again nothing. The PS4 is in the dmz on a static.

I'm sure its something simple but help would be great.

Have you started a race with the app running it can take a few seconds for it to start some times me , Have the app running before you start a session it should work .

thepodge86
08-02-2016, 22:31
Have you started a race with the app running it can take a few seconds for it to start some times me , Have the app running before you start a session it should work .

Yep tried that. Well free practice at least. Ran a couple laps nothing, just the same.
UDP currently set to 5.
Restarted both my tablet and pro cars, still the same after that.

TheReaper GT
08-02-2016, 22:36
They are connected to the same network?

ports
08-02-2016, 23:21
Oscar just ran the app first time since the new update when i finish a session i get the option to save the lap times it saves but it is only saving the AI times and not my time what was 55.565 formula renault 3.5 here's what i'm getting mate.

Position,Name,Laps,Best_lap
"01","markripp1","10","00:00:000"
"02","Sascha Moritz","18","00:59:088"
"03","Raul Luengo","18","00:58:564"
"04","Wilhelm Seidl","18","00:59:529"
"05","Thomas Hirschausen","18","00:59:231"

thepodge86
09-02-2016, 06:25
They are connected to the same network?

Yep. PS4 connected via wire, tablet is wifi. Im a bit lost....

oscarolim
09-02-2016, 08:14
Oscar just ran the app first time since the new update when i finish a session i get the option to save the lap times it saves but it is only saving the AI times and not my time what was 55.565 formula renault 3.5 here's what i'm getting mate.

Position,Name,Laps,Best_lap
"01","markripp1","10","00:00:000"
"02","Sascha Moritz","18","00:59:088"
"03","Raul Luengo","18","00:58:564"
"04","Wilhelm Seidl","18","00:59:529"
"05","Thomas Hirschausen","18","00:59:231"

I take you are 'markripp1' on that list right? What session type were you running (practice, time trial, race, etc)?
It clearly counted the number of laps correctly. Short of a bug on the code, could it be that none of the laps you did were clean? It only saves the clean laps as best time (so if you never do a clean lap it stays at 0). In hindsight, probably should change this to something else... keep the best dirty with a note and replace with the best clean when available.

Yep. PS4 connected via wire, tablet is wifi. Im a bit lost....

That's very odd indeed. If it is all turned on in the PS side, it should send the packets immediately through the network. I'm wondering if a router flood protection could prevent the packets from reaching it's destination. Could you try disable the firewall on the router JUST TO TEST to see if that removes the issue? If it does work then maybe play around with the router settings to allow the high amount of UDP packets to travel while but keeping the router firewall on.

thepodge86
09-02-2016, 08:27
That's very odd indeed. If it is all turned on in the PS side, it should send the packets immediately through the network. I'm wondering if a router flood protection could prevent the packets from reaching it's destination. Could you try disable the firewall on the router JUST TO TEST to see if that removes the issue? If it does work then maybe play around with the router settings to allow the high amount of UDP packets to travel while but keeping the router firewall on.

It is odd. The firewall on my router is already turned off. I have a super hub 2 if that is of any help.
I'm guessing there is some kind of UDP flood protection mode enabled.
I cant do anything now until after work.

Was thinking of getting wireshark on the tablet, but think that's going over the top?

ports
09-02-2016, 10:17
No All laps were clean i don't run 10 dirty laps the other app i run records all clean laps and my 10 were recorded race trainer , I tried in Time Trail / free practice / race weekend my time is shown on the other screens its only when the session ends my time is there for a split second then changes 00.00.00.

oscarolim
09-02-2016, 10:32
Alright, I will have a look into that. The fix should come on the next update :)

ports
09-02-2016, 10:38
Alright, I will have a look into that. The fix should come on the next update :)

Cheers mate, I also noticed if you start a new session the times you do in the new session don't save it keeps saving times from the previous session you need to restart the app to record laps for the new session.

oscarolim
09-02-2016, 11:54
Cheers mate, I also noticed if you start a new session the times you do in the new session don't save it keeps saving times from the previous session you need to restart the app to record laps for the new session.

What you did was go to the main menu and start a new session, or have an event with multiple sessions (practice, quali, race)?

I'm thinking of doing the saving in a different way, as it seems the way I'm doing at the moment is causing too many issues. Originally I was planing to save all sessions automatically to the app folder, and then have another option on the main menu to view those saves and choose which ones you want to keep (moving to your chosen folder) or delete the ones you don't. Didn't do this way for lack of time to make this weeks update, but in the long run it will simplify the logic I have in place to allow the current saving.

thepodge86
09-02-2016, 17:09
Have sorted the problem out! YAY!!
I changed my primary DNS to the default setting. And it now communicates spot on.
It doesn't like portrait mode however. I read that hopefully be able to customize what is displayed perhaps.

Notice the big black empty section below. When in session that section is unresponsive.

Nonetheless the app is great!!

ports
09-02-2016, 17:20
Have sorted the problem out! YAY!!
I changed my primary DNS to the default setting. And it now communicates spot on.
It doesn't like portrait mode however. I read that hopefully be able to customize what is displayed perhaps.

Notice the big black empty section below. When in session that section is unresponsive.

Nonetheless the app is great!!

Can't you change it from portrait to landscape i know i can on my tablet .

ports
09-02-2016, 17:23
What you did was go to the main menu and start a new session, or have an event with multiple sessions (practice, quali, race)?

I'm thinking of doing the saving in a different way, as it seems the way I'm doing at the moment is causing too many issues. Originally I was planing to save all sessions automatically to the app folder, and then have another option on the main menu to view those saves and choose which ones you want to keep (moving to your chosen folder) or delete the ones you don't. Didn't do this way for lack of time to make this weeks update, but in the long run it will simplify the logic I have in place to allow the current saving.

Yeah mate re started from the main menu app worked as normal but soon as i went to save laps it was always saving the previous session. Had to re start the app for each new session for it to save for that session but as you know it only saved the AI times , I will try again later see what happens.

thepodge86
09-02-2016, 17:35
Can't you change it from portrait to landscape i know i can on my tablet .

Oh yeah i can have in landscape mode. Works fine that way.
Just thought in portrait mode could almost have every piece of information without switching screen. ;)

ports
09-02-2016, 17:56
Oh yeah i can have in landscape mode. Works fine that way.
Just thought in portrait mode could almost have every piece of information without switching screen. ;)

:) No it don't work like that mate , Seems as your using a windows device you want to download vrhive and race trainer there both great apps.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33881-vrHive-PC-XB1-PS4-Dashes-Telemetry-Live-Data-Arduino-Client-Server-more

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36328-POCK-Race-Trainer-for-pCARS

thepodge86
09-02-2016, 19:19
Ive had a look at those apps. Yes they provide a detailed amount of information and alot of it. However vhud for me looks the cleanest while giving the vital information clearly without having to squint at the app. Good work oscarolim !!!

oscarolim
09-02-2016, 22:32
Yes the app is not made for portrait. It shouldn't even switch into that mode! Is not on top of my priority list, but is something I will look into.

This weekend I will have a look at the saving feature to find out what is wrong with it and fix it.
I will most likely try to implement the new way I had planed for it, where it saves every session automatically. That should make the code cleaner and less prone to issues.

Thank you all for all for the help.

ports
09-02-2016, 22:49
Oscar just ran a few sessions and saving lap times is working a treat tonight every time :) . I don't know what happened last night why it wouldn't save but we are all good now :).

Edit, I think i spoke to soon it stopped saving my laps after i posted above message but it saved the AI.

Spitfire_88
10-02-2016, 01:19
Thank you, works great in my Lumia 640 XL.

oscarolim
10-02-2016, 07:30
Oscar just ran a few sessions and saving lap times is working a treat tonight every time :) . I don't know what happened last night why it wouldn't save but we are all good now :).

Edit, I think i spoke to soon it stopped saving my laps after i posted above message but it saved the AI.
Must be the logic I have in place to save the data. In some conditions it must be resetting the player data. I'm guessing that when you look at your times on the app it doesn't show 0, only when saving.
I've decided to change the logic to save automatically and then the user chooses what to keep when he is not busy driving. Will simplify the code and reduce (hopefully remove) the chances of this happening again.
At the moment the app is like a car with his engine all over the garage, as I'm doing quite a bit of cleaning up on the code, so it will be difficult for me to have an update for this before the end of next week.

ports
10-02-2016, 10:09
Yeah the app works perfect mate :). Its just at the end of a session like you said my time gets reset, I have a few apps on my tablet and your app is the only one that loads instantly.

oscarolim
10-02-2016, 11:03
Still I do need to optimise to make it easier to add new features, specially the customisation options I have planned for March. It has been a very interesting learning experience for me.

ports
10-02-2016, 11:27
Still I do need to optimise to make it easier to add new features, specially the customisation options I have planned for March. It has been a very interesting learning experience for me.

You've done an awesome job mate in such a short time, I am very impressed with what you have achieved so far keep up the good work :cool:

oscarolim
11-02-2016, 21:38
Hi guys. I've seen an increase in recorded crashes on the last week (8 recorded crashes), which must be in relation the new save feature.
Because of that I will have a slight change of plans. I'll be working on a fix for it this weekend, and release an update during the beginning of next week, so the new HUD style will come a bit after that.

On the settings you'll be able to choose a folder where the app will automatically save the files.
Also themes are gone and are being replaced with the option to choose individual colours. For now there will be a handful to choose, until I get the time to add a proper colour picker.

oscarolim
13-02-2016, 18:47
A new update has been submitted today, and should be available in a few days. I will update the thread when the update is live.

- New options panel
- Removed the Themes and added individual color choices to the options
- Auto save session results (set up the destination folder from the Options panel)
- Pit board is only displayed during a race session
- Added best session time color to sector times and best lap
- Player is highlighted on the times table
- Fixed an issue with the damage levels not resetting when it was repaired
- Fixed an issue with saving the results
- Fixed application crashes
- Fixed an issue where the player list was not being updated correctly

This update was mainly to fix several issues with the app and a few crashes. New things were added because I had already started working on them. However further improvements will be made in a few of them.

The colors options are limited at the moment, but I will add more colors or a color picker (if I can find a good one).
The auto save of data will include, in a future update, all the laps made by the drivers.
There is currently an issue when saving sessions that have two races (like Kart championships). I'm aware of this and will be working on a fix in a future version.

This coming week I will try to release a new update that will have what I mentioned above, and after that then I will start working on a new HUD design.

TheReaper GT
13-02-2016, 18:50
Is love to see a cossworth omega design on your app

oscarolim
13-02-2016, 19:41
I'm planing something simpler for a start, but I googled that and looks really cool :)

TheReaper GT
13-02-2016, 19:51
I'm planing something simpler for a start, but I googled that and looks really cool :)

Yep, it's awesome.. Is the one on both ginettas, Bentley gt3, clio cup and rs01..... The new Callaway gt3 corvette uses it too... One of the guys that makes the theme for vDash said you can use his model of you want...

oscarolim
13-02-2016, 20:39
I will definitely look into it! Not sure if it would reach the level of customization of vDash (I'm sure the person / people behind it have put many hours into it), but will see what I will come up with :)

oscarolim
14-02-2016, 18:12
Hi guys. Doesn't look like much, the the screen below is being fed with the new modular elements. It's the first step in being able to customize where things go.

Still have quite a few more elements to add (at least for the initial release). Pretty much convert all that has been available so far to this new format. It's quite an endeavour, but will make things much easier in the future.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1588/25027179395_b81c232cd2_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/E8yQv2)

RadicalRacer
14-02-2016, 22:47
Really liking this app, it's added a new dimension to the game for me, great job.

I really like the pit board, but (I know, there is always a but) I personally think the wording on the times i.e. "behind" clutters the pit board a bit. Just a + / - would be great....and (going for broke here) maybe green and red text?

oscarolim
15-02-2016, 08:35
Hi guys, version 1.1.50 is now available for download.

Yeah, I'm still not happy with the pit board either. I used the wording because initially it only stayed for 5 seconds, but with the new options there's no need for it anymore.
In terms of the colors, while the current version you still can't freely change the colors of the pit board, that will change in a future release (like you can now do for the rest of the HUD).

Working now on the coming 1.2 version. The customizing options are a bit of work, but will be worth it on the long run. I've also wrote a post detailing my plans for the future a bit more. http://oscarolim.pt/view-blog/detail/11/project-cars-vhud-12-preview

Let me know your thoughts and opinions.

Also, as of today and since release, 300 downloads have been made :)

ports
15-02-2016, 08:46
Oscar nice patch mate just a tiny issue for me it doesn't go full screen there is a white bar at the bottom of the screen, i'll post a screen shot easier for you to see.

Edit, i can't take a screen shot your app is being shy and won't let me.

oscarolim
15-02-2016, 09:44
What kind of screen ratio you have? I'm working on a 16:9 screen ratio (which is what the VStudio recommend when I started working on this), and the full screen mode just extends this to fit the screen (so if is not 16:9 there will be border either top / bottom or left / side.
I want to improve this, but for now unfortunately is a necessary compromise (makes it easier for me to scale everything when you resize the window or go full screen).

The white bar however shouldn't be white (should be the background color). I will look into that as probably I'm missing one color association.

EDIT: Just did a quick test and there is an option to fill the screen. Next version I will add something like that, and then add an option on the settings to change the mode. That way different people can test and let me know what they prefer.

ports
15-02-2016, 13:14
I'm using a 10 inch tablet mate it filled the screen before the new patch now there's a white border at the bottom of the screen about quarter inch thick , Its not a problem just thought i'd let you know.

Edit, I just changed the back ground colour to white and now i have a complete full screen :)

BreadedVirus
15-02-2016, 22:41
As always, great work and the new update is great. Thank you!

thepodge86
17-02-2016, 15:48
I'm using a 10 inch tablet mate it filled the screen before the new patch now there's a white border at the bottom of the screen about quarter inch thick , Its not a problem just thought i'd let you know.

Edit, I just changed the back ground colour to white and now i have a complete full screen :)

Yeah same for me too. Doesn't affect the apps function however.
Looking good though. 227715

oscarolim
17-02-2016, 16:44
I will put the option nonetheless. It will fill the screen (but can stretch to fill it), or keep the current behavior. At least until I find a better solution for it.

Meanwhile a preview of what it will look like to code your own HUDs. Looks daunting but eventually there will be a visual editor (not at release of this feature however).

<UserControl
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
xmlns:local="using:pCars_vHUD"
Height="360" Width="640">

<UserControl.Resources>
<Style TargetType="local:Label">
<Setter Property="HorizontalAlignment" Value="Left" />
<Setter Property="VerticalAlignment" Value="Top" />
</Style>
<Style TargetType="local:Value">
<Setter Property="HorizontalAlignment" Value="Left" />
<Setter Property="VerticalAlignment" Value="Top" />
</Style>
</UserControl.Resources>

<Viewbox VerticalAlignment="Top">
<Grid Height="360" Width="640">
<!-- RPM Lights -->
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="0,10,480,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="35" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="0,10,400,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="40" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="0,10,320,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="45" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="0,10,240,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="50" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="0,10,160,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="55" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="0,10,80,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="60" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="0,10,0,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="66" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="80,10,0,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="72" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="160,10,0,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="78" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="240,10,0,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="84" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="320,10,0,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="90" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="400,10,0,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="96" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<local:OnOff Width="30" Height="30" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="480,10,0,0"
BorderThickness="2" BorderColor="#ffffff" Radius="50" OffColor="Transparent" OnColor="#acdae1" ValueTreshold="98" NumericVariable="CurrentRPMPercentage" />
<!-- RPM Lights -->
</Grid>
</Viewbox>
/>

RadicalRacer
19-02-2016, 21:54
Another random thought....

Is it possible to have the pit board showing in qualifying showing the pole time?

oscarolim
20-02-2016, 13:25
It could, yes. I will look into doing it that way.
No update this weekend as I'm still on the middle of the new customization options.

kevin kirk
22-02-2016, 15:55
how are you guys getting the damage percent showing on the main dash screen?http://vhud.oscarolim.pt/support/images/screens/s2-dark.png Mine only has the lap times

oscarolim
23-02-2016, 09:17
If you click (or tap) the screen it will change between 4 different HUDs: Speed, Damage, Lap times and Session Times.

I really have to write a manual for this :) (After I write documentation for the new HUD customisation...)

kevin kirk
23-02-2016, 18:24
If you click (or tap) the screen it will change between 4 different HUDs: Speed, Damage, Lap times and Session Times.

I really have to write a manual for this :) (After I write documentation for the new HUD customisation...)....yea I know that this is mine main dash228166........the damage only shows in my second screen after clicking228167....this is your screen shot showing damage228168. See how its diiferent like its being shown on the main dash

oscarolim
23-02-2016, 19:00
Oh I see the confusion (I need to update the screenshots too!).

The screenshots I am using are from the first version, however there have been changes since.
On the next update, because so much will change, I will be updating the screenshots with up to date versions as well. Sorry for the confusion.

kevin kirk
23-02-2016, 21:50
Oh I see the confusion (I need to update the screenshots too!).

The screenshots I am using are from the first version, however there have been changes since.
On the next update, because so much will change, I will be updating the screenshots with up to date versions as well. Sorry for the confusion.....no problem,love the way the pit board pops up

oscarolim
25-02-2016, 20:22
Hi guys. I'm still seeing reports of crashes, but the store reports are as useful as petrol to put out s fire.
If you guys get crashes, please let me know what was happening during the crash, so I can better track them and squash them.
This weekend I plan to go ahead with more work on the app, hopefully an update is coming soon :)

ports
25-02-2016, 21:27
Hi guys. I'm still seeing reports of crashes, but the store reports are as useful as petrol to put out s fire.
If you guys get crashes, please let me know what was happening during the crash, so I can better track them and squash them.
This weekend I plan to go ahead with more work on the app, hopefully an update is coming soon :)

The app has never crashed on me since i've used it.

oscarolim
25-02-2016, 21:55
It's very low, an average 3-4 a day (out of a potential 400+ users) but I would like to have this average down to 0 :)

oscarolim
28-02-2016, 14:53
Hi guys. A short video of how the new version is coming along:
https://youtu.be/7dTYqlLbIII

I will be submitting this update either tonight or tomorrow to be released towards the mid week. This is to give me enough time to get new screenshots and update the website with instructions on how to create custom HUDs. In a future update there will be a visual editor within the app (still a work in progress).

- Added a new HUDs option to select which HUDs are active
- Limit of 3 HUDs are in place. This limit can be removed in a future update with an In App Purchase (timing panel doesn’t count for this limit)
- Redesign of all existing HUD panels to use the new scripting language
- Scripting language available so that anyone can create HUDs for the game. Information on how to create HUDs is available at the official website
- Timing panel is displayed after you cycle through all the active HUDs
- New animations added when updating values or changing colours, to make the transitions smoother
- Option to change the full screen resize mode (best fit or fill whole screen)
- Added current sector to timing panel
- Pit board reinstated on all game modes. When not in a race it will show the session best lap time and the driver best lap time
- Pit board colours on settings (text and background)
- Save individual lap times of every driver to the CSV file
- Fixed an error with the estimated number of laps of fuel left when refuelling

ports
28-02-2016, 16:03
Hi guys. A short video of how the new version is coming along:
https://youtu.be/7dTYqlLbIII

I will be submitting this update either tonight or tomorrow to be released towards the mid week. This is to give me enough time to get new screenshots and update the website with instructions on how to create custom HUDs. In a future update there will be a visual editor within the app (still a work in progress).

- Added a new HUDs option to select which HUDs are active
- Limit of 3 HUDs are in place. This limit can be removed in a future update with an In App Purchase (timing panel doesn’t count for this limit)
- Redesign of all existing HUD panels to use the new scripting language
- Scripting language available so that anyone can create HUDs for the game. Information on how to create HUDs is available at the official website
- Timing panel is displayed after you cycle through all the active HUDs
- New animations added when updating values or changing colours, to make the transitions smoother
- Option to change the full screen resize mode (best fit or fill whole screen)
- Added current sector to timing panel
- Pit board reinstated on all game modes. When not in a race it will show the session best lap time and the driver best lap time
- Fixed an error with the estimated number of laps of fuel left when refuelling

Looking good Oscar your app really is improving it's good as it is but it's getting better :).

If you need a beta tester on ps4 i'll be very happy to help out.

oscarolim
28-02-2016, 18:18
Yep, it's awesome.. Is the one on both ginettas, Bentley gt3, clio cup and rs01..... The new Callaway gt3 corvette uses it too... One of the guys that makes the theme for vDash said you can use his model of you want...

Now that I have finished the code rewrite of how HUDs are created, I will look into creating one or two of those (the simpler ones for now :))

Can you point me in the direction of contacting the guy?
I'm thinking of starting with this one (http://vdash.pro/dash.php?id=106) as is a easy one. I will need to add at least a new control for the horizontal bars, but is simple enough.

ports
28-02-2016, 18:50
Oscar just sent you a 5 donation mate :).

oscarolim
28-02-2016, 20:24
^^ Thanks mate.

I've updated the changelog notes as I missed two things:
- Pit board colours on settings (text and background)
- Save individual lap times of every driver to the CSV file

Also, I've started working on the documentation: http://vhud.oscarolim.pt/documentation What do you guys think of the way is being written? Clear enough?
I take it eventually most people might just use the visual editor when it becomes available, but still...

I've also submitted this update, so all on track for a release next week.

Next update will be a small one, maybe mid month, but a big one in some ways. There will only be one new feature, but from the feedback I've received, it should be a very welcomed feature, and a first on this kind of apps :)

ports
29-02-2016, 17:59
The new update is live :).

oscarolim
29-02-2016, 18:37
Indeed. I forgot to change the date back to mid week, but it doesn't matter :) Documentation and manual will be available soon at the website :p

billzkid
29-02-2016, 19:22
Hi, I have one problem. I've installed app on the same computer I run pcars and it's always waiting for valid session. Is it not meant to run on the same computer?

oscarolim
29-02-2016, 19:25
Usually you would use a different device, since the game will use the full screen. Of course if you have more than one screen then you might run on the same computer.
Have you turned UDP settings on the game as well? This App doesn't use the shared memory, only UDP.

billzkid
29-02-2016, 21:05
Yeah, I want to use it on the second screen. Have UDP set to 9. Should I do anything else?

ports
29-02-2016, 21:10
Yeah, I want to use it on the second screen. Have UDP set to 9. Should I do anything else?

UDP 9 is to high mate you want between UDP 1-4 start the app before you join the session you pick then it should start up soon as you leave the pits.

ports
29-02-2016, 21:13
Oscar i downloaded the skeleton template but soon as i open it it goes wild start stop start stop it makes it so i can't do anything with my computer i have to switch it off my computer to re gain control.

oscarolim
29-02-2016, 22:05
Oh I should have mentioned that the skeleton template is not game ready. Some controls have to be added otherwise won't work (because of you I'll add checks to see if is empty or not ;)). But terminating the app through the process manager didn't work?

ports
29-02-2016, 22:06
Oh I should have mentioned that the skeleton template is not game ready. Some controls have to be added otherwise won't work (because of you I'll add checks to see if is empty or not ;)). But terminating the app through the process manager didn't work?

No mate it was just flashing on off on off nothing i could do but shut computer down thanks for the info.

oscarolim
29-02-2016, 22:35
I'll replicate that tomorrow and add a fix. Someone mentioned an issue with the temp conversion when using F, so I need to submit another update this week for that as well :)

billzkid
29-02-2016, 22:47
Ok, thanks. Will try it tomorrow. But i think I started with 1 and it didn't work that's why I went with 9. Will report back :)

ports
29-02-2016, 23:05
Ok, thanks. Will try it tomorrow. But i think I started with 1 and it didn't work that's why I went with 9. Will report back :)

Also make sure you have shared memory turned off mate.

kevin kirk
02-03-2016, 01:54
anyone else getting the app freezing? xbox one app streamed to laptop with crewchef running also upd 5,now trying 4

oscarolim
02-03-2016, 07:10
Does it stop working completely or takes a few seconds to change between Displays?

EDIT: Just found an issue if you have the fuel unit set to MPG (which is annoying as I'm in the UK!). So for now use the l/100km until an update is released. Sorry about this :s

Update submitted to the store to fix the crash when using MPG and a few small improvements. At the end of the week I will probably release a .2 with a few minor changes to the animations (further controls to turn on / off, but need to test first) and the csv files (just noticed last night as I should put the track that was used!!!).

- Use number smoothing option under Other section. This controls a subtle smooth on the numeric values (speed for example). Turn it off on older devices if you notice some lag.
- Quicker transitions when switching Displays
- Fixed error when using MPG
- Fixed units not showing when changing Displays and / or Settings

RadicalRacer
02-03-2016, 17:01
1.2.1 just arrived, nice one!

oscarolim
02-03-2016, 17:05
Quick approval this time around. And we've reached the 500 download mark (510 to be precise). Thank you all!

kevin kirk
02-03-2016, 17:13
Does it stop working completely or takes a few seconds to change between Displays?

EDIT: Just found an issue if you have the fuel unit set to MPG (which is annoying as I'm in the UK!). So for now use the l/100km until an update is released. Sorry about this :s

Update submitted to the store to fix the crash when using MPG and a few small improvements. At the end of the week I will probably release a .2 with a few minor changes to the animations (further controls to turn on / off, but need to test first) and the csv files (just noticed last night as I should put the track that was used!!!).

Use number smoothing option under Other section. This controls a subtle smooth on the numeric values (speed for example). Turn it off on older devices if you notice some lag.
- Quicker transitions when switching Displays
- Fixed error when using MPG
- Fixed units not showing when changing Displays and / or Settings
.......when it froze it would just freeze the very second it connected to the session. If you closed it completely and reopened it, it might work in practice but upon entering the next session in that weekend it would freeze on the second the race, or whatever session it my be, started. It just froze displaying the information it received the second it connected with the game. If it froze, it did it the moment it connected to the session. Love the app by the way.

billzkid
02-03-2016, 17:15
Also make sure you have shared memory turned off mate.

Oh, so that's the problem then. Thanks

oscarolim
02-03-2016, 17:22
.......when it froze it would just freeze the very second it connected to the session. If you closed it completely and reopened it, it might work in practice but upon entering the next session in that weekend it would freeze on the second the race, or whatever session it my be, started. It just froze displaying the information it received the second it connected with the game. If it froze, it did it the moment it connected to the session. Love the app by the way.
Ler me known if the new update fixed it for you.

ports
02-03-2016, 17:35
Oscar i just updated the app and i saw that it says Contains in-app purchases seems as i already donated do i get the content ?

oscarolim
02-03-2016, 17:40
It's not active yet. On the next update they will be, but I will be sending a key to everyone that has donated to get it for free.
This update wasn't to come today, but because of the crashing issue I had to rush a bit.

ports
02-03-2016, 17:53
That's sounds good to me mate :). I just ran a quick session and everything seems to be running smooth. See when you enable the use off creating our own hud's will you make a video giving us some pointers how to use it .

kevin kirk
02-03-2016, 18:38
Ler me known if the new update fixed it for you.......still works in practice, with a few times freezing on connecting to the practice, but freezes when you end the session and start the race. When it freezes it stays froze until you close it. I completely uninstalled it and installed it again and it still freezes the second it connects when you start the race. I can pause the race and close the app (and tab) and reopen it and it works. I will do a hour race to make sure it will keep working thurout the race. Also I am not using mph. If I go to the options and change something and when I go back to the start engines menu, the app goes black and closes itself off completely. Even the tab the app is on closes by its self ( I'm using a laptop).

oscarolim
02-03-2016, 20:44
That's a very strange behaviour. I wonder if has something to with coming from a practice session. I'm going to try to replicate that and also check with kph (since I use mph most of the time).

kevin kirk
02-03-2016, 22:24
That's a very strange behaviour. I wonder if has something to with coming from a practice session. I'm going to try to replicate that and also check with kph (since I use mph most of the time)....yea, I would like to use mph. I just tried it on kph that one time after my comment. Every race start it freezes at the second it connects. Changing settings in the option page like the color of things allows you to pick a color but it closes the app and tab when you go back to the start engines page. Once the race has started you can just close and restart the app and it works fine. Works fine thur pit stops. I even paused the game a bunch of times to see if it was freeze but it didn't. Worked all the way thur the race.

RadicalRacer
02-03-2016, 22:25
I am seeing the same behaviour. Whenever the session changes the app freezes up. Have to close it and restart to get it to respond again. I have currently got UDP set to 5, I was going to try it at a lower number but ran out of time.

Unless I am being daft I can't see the tyre pressures any more?

I do like the new rpm lights, some of the new design is a bit different, not sure about the values for damage counting up rather than down. I am not being fussy, honest :)

oscarolim
02-03-2016, 23:02
Must be something to do with the automatic save. When the session changes it tries to save the results to a file in a location you choose on the settings. However if you haven't chosen anything it shouldn't try to save.
Can you check if you go to settings and then other, and choose a location to save the files, if it still crashes? I think it should solve the issue, but of course I will fix it as you shouldn't be required to save the files (is an optional thing).

Edit: I don't have tire pressures on any of the displays, but is something that will be added. The damage now always counts up. So 0% is good, 100% is bad. Before I had a mixture which was confusing.

Because of the changes I've made to allow custom displays, I had to redesign all the existing ones. By the end of this month I expect to have another two or three new ones for you guys to choose from :)

kevin kirk
02-03-2016, 23:59
Must be something to do with the automatic save. When the session changes it tries to save the results to a file in a location you choose on the settings. However if you haven't chosen anything it shouldn't try to save.
Can you check if you go to settings and then other, and choose a location to save the files, if it still crashes? I think it should solve the issue, but of course I will fix it as you shouldn't be required to save the files (is an optional thing).

Edit: I don't have tire pressures on any of the displays, but is something that will be added. The damage now always counts up. So 0% is good, 100% is bad. Before I had a mixture which was confusing.

Because of the changes I've made to allow custom displays, I had to redesign all the existing ones. By the end of this month I expect to have another two or three new ones for you guys to choose from :)
......no after seleting folder and choosing save option it still freezes at start of race

oscarolim
03-03-2016, 00:02
I was really hopping it was that (as it would be quick to fix and I noticed an issue on how I'm checking for the folder permissions).
I will be looking into this properly tomorrow and look for the root cause. Having looked at the code I've identified a couple of things that might be causing the issue, but I need to test properly first. Sorry for this, not the best experience :s

kevin kirk
03-03-2016, 00:24
I was really hopping it was that (as it would be quick to fix and I noticed an issue on how I'm checking for the folder permissions).
I will be looking into this properly tomorrow and look for the root cause. Having looked at the code I've identified a couple of things that might be causing the issue, but I need to test properly first. Sorry for this, not the best experience :s.....simply restarting it and it works fine so no rush.. As I mention before when going back to the start engines menu after trying to change colors it shuts down. Restarting it and looking at the theme page, it shows my change to green but the color on the actual working dash shows it as maybe a lite greyish blue looking color when it should be green. Wait let me try that again. When you pick green, it shows it in a greyish looking color. Even though the theme menu page says it should be green.

kevin kirk
03-03-2016, 01:14
Hey also is there anyway we could get tire wear and a clock telling us how much time is left in the race on the main dash? That's the two main things that's not on the dash in the cars.

oscarolim
03-03-2016, 06:58
The green might be right. I'm using a very light shade of green. In a future update I will change the colour picker to be more friendly, so it's easier to know how the colour looks like.
Also once all these kinks are sorted, I will make a few alternative displays that could have the values you requested.

oscarolim
03-03-2016, 08:00
I believe I've found the issue with the crashing when returning from the options. Is not really because of the colour, but because you went out of the main display and then went back. And the issue had to do with concurrency on the app.
Now the one about locking when the session changes is more tricky, so far haven't been able to replicate it. But I will keep looking at it to find out the issue.

EDIT:... and maybe not :|
EDIT2:... it was on a different place after all. This multi-threading stuff is killing me!

EDIT3: I've submitted an update just now. There was the issue of when going back to the Start engine section, and also if the app tried to save the results file to a location it did not exist anymore, or that permissions were revoked. So hopefully these two will take care of things.

Also turned on the inApp to remove the limit of Displays and will be sending codes to who has donated shortly after the update goes live.

- Two critical bugs have been fixed that would crash the app
- Fixed an issue with the Label text not always updating
- Added the inApp purchase dialog to remove the Display limit of 3

RadicalRacer
03-03-2016, 18:54
1.2.2 has arrived.....I reckon that's a good excuse to fire up the 'box

oscarolim
03-03-2016, 18:56
Ninja! let me know how it goes :)

oscarolim
03-03-2016, 20:29
I've also send a code to redeem the inApp purchase to everyone that has donated. Thank you all.

TheReaper GT
03-03-2016, 20:32
What are the in app purchases? I'll gladly buy it to help...

oscarolim
03-03-2016, 20:37
In here (http://vhud.oscarolim.pt/support/images/how-to-use/options-4.png) you can have 3 active displays on the left side. The inApp removes that limit (it triggers a question to buy when you try to add a 4th, I will make a nicer interface at a later date :))

At some point I'l thinking of adding an add unit to the main menu ONLY, that wouldn't be there if you have the inApp purchase. But first I need to iron out the bugs (which hopefully are now gone with today's update) and release a few bits and pieces that I want to finish until the end of March.

kevin kirk
03-03-2016, 20:38
does it update itself or do I need to download it again? The download on the store says its the 1.2.1 version

ports
03-03-2016, 20:38
I've also send a code to redeem the inApp purchase to everyone that has donated. Thank you all.

I received my code mate thank you. How do i know if it worked in the email it said try one of the displays on the right but there the same as the left side so nothing happens when i try to move any of them ? When will we be able to make our own huds.

Edit, i had to double click to get the pop up to show .

oscarolim
03-03-2016, 20:39
does it update itself or do I need to download it again? The download on the store says its the 1.2.1 version

It was published a few hours ago, might take a moment to show up on the updates. You won't need to download it again.

I received my code mate thank you. How do i know if it worked in the email it said try one of the displays on the right but there the same as the left side so nothing happens when i try to move any of them ? When will we be able to make our own huds.

If you try to add one of the ones on the right (that's a lot of 'ones' :p) you won't get a message anymore about the limit. That means is purchase (or in your case the code) is active.

Next update I'll have an indicator elsewhere (maybe main menu) with an option to restore the status, make it nice. But today the priority was to fix the crashes while fitting around the normal 9-5 job ;)

EDIT: When you open the app check that it says 1.2.2 on the bottom right. I've noticed the store still shows the changelog of 1.2.1 but the actual app is 1.2.2.

ports
03-03-2016, 21:01
It was published a few hours ago, might take a moment to show up on the updates. You won't need to download it again.

If you try to add one of the ones on the right (that's a lot of 'ones' :p) you won't get a message anymore about the limit. That means is purchase (or in your case the code) is active.

Next update I'll have an indicator elsewhere (maybe main menu) with an option to restore the status, make it nice. But today the priority was to fix the crashes while fitting around the normal 9-5 job ;)

EDIT: When you open the app check that it says 1.2.2 on the bottom right. I've noticed the store still shows the changelog of 1.2.1 but the actual app is 1.2.2.

My app is 1.2.2 mate . I got the notification about buying more huds clicked yes and everything ran smooth .

kevin kirk
03-03-2016, 21:14
works like a charm and yea it says 122

oscarolim
03-03-2016, 21:37
Great. Now I can get some sleep :)

kevin kirk
03-03-2016, 21:54
still freezes at the start of the race.

ports
03-03-2016, 23:31
still freezes at the start of the race.

It's working perfect for me mate no freezing at all .

MortICi
04-03-2016, 01:26
Dude thank you! I just got a Lumia 640 (30$) super awesome cell phone, if you need a backup go buy one now! This is perfect! I have been waiting for a W10 mobile app to come out.

So buying this app :D

kevin kirk
05-03-2016, 00:04
It's working perfect for me mate no freezing at all .....Yea see know one else has reported an issue. To update my freezing I have noticed my laptop may be having some low memory space issues.

oscarolim
05-03-2016, 00:31
Still no one should have issues :)
I'll check the memory usage, as since the last 1.2 update im saving every lap of every car. Not that that alone should cause any freeze, but there might be a leak somewhere. And your issue is very specific, only when a race starts.

Spitfire_88
05-03-2016, 01:42
Thanks for the updates, works fine in my lumia 640 XL, with Windows 10 Mobile, (preview).

oscarolim
05-03-2016, 12:56
I haven't had the time to look at the code, but I gave a look at the reports and so far there are 0 reports of crashes with the latest update (apart from the user Kevin). So make sure you update to the latest version as soon as possible :)

RadicalRacer
05-03-2016, 19:05
Afraid it's still freezeing for me. I normally do a full race session when I play and the app works fine if you move between the sessions without restarting. i.e. Practice -> Qually -> Race 1. However I was having a bit of a nightmare at a very wet Spa with LMP1 so I restarted. The app freezes and doesn't recover. From then on it will freeze if I restart. On more than one occasion I had kill and restart the app a couple of times to get it to work. So it looks like it is something around the session reset (or that might be a red herring)

Maybe if I didn't crash the app wouldn't .. lol!

oscarolim
05-03-2016, 19:08
That's good info, hopefully will help me narrow down the issue! Already gave me two ideas of what could be the reason (likely concurrency again).

oscarolim
06-03-2016, 11:36
I've submitted a new update for approval.

I've put more checks to confirm that the data is valid, so let's see if it improves. Is quite difficult to nail as not everyone has the same issue, and the info I get from the actual reports is useless to point to a cause.
If the app crashes again, make sure that saving the session results is turned off on the settings. I don't believe the issue is there, but is just to help narrow down and rule out possible causes.

Thank you all again for the understanding :)

oscarolim
07-03-2016, 12:37
Well, while we wait for the 1.2.3 to be approved and hopefully fix all those pesky crashes, I've started working on the next version, that I will try to submit towards the end of this week.
What will come out of it is the possibility to upload the time trial lap times (and only time trial, as is the only mode where track conditions are the same for everyone), which you can then review on the website here (http://lm.oscarolim.pt/laps).

It will show multiple lap times based on the combination of car and track, not only the fastest time. So say you raced Imola with a GT car and made a 2:00.000. Then you race with a FA and made 1:40.000. Both times will show on the table for Imola, since you used different cars.

As you can see from the link above, at the moment there is only one table, but I will be adding options to filter by track, car, class, search by gamertag, filter by platform, controller used, and driving aids. This will all be there before release.

There is something else I am planing to add (but maybe not this week), which would be lap data, to then allow you to analyse and compare laps. The data will be there, but not visible yet. It will be something simple, I won't be getting into a lot of depth. Would be: BrakePressure, ThrottlePressure, ClutchPressure, Steering, Speed, RPM, Gear, Boost and TyreGrip.
This means that for a 10 minute lap, assuming UDP 1 without breaks, it would upload about 800kb of data.

Also, I can open the website to other developers to upload data from their Apps, as long as it follow the rules (coming from time trial only). If there's anyone interested, just let me know.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, because of the server requirements (it this takes off), I will be adding google ads to a column on the main page.
Assuming 250 people (half the users of the App at the moment) upload 1 hour worth of data a week, I would have 10GB stored of data in a year! This doesn't come cheap :p

Why so much data? I want to keep very lap you upload, not just the fastest per track + car combination. This is so you can do 10 laps, go to the website, and compare the 10 of them. What I might to to ease off is laps that are older than one month (and are not the fastest) won't have the telemetry data anymore. But let's see how popular this feature gets first, so, like they say in my hometown, lets not put the cart ahead of the bulls.

ports
07-03-2016, 14:37
If you can pull of the TT times to show all cars used that is all i have ever wanted in pcars i love chasing time but with the way pcars leaderboards are i soon got bored not being able to see the slower cars times . This will bring new life to the game for me nice one Oscar :).

oscarolim
07-03-2016, 14:41
I won't be able to use the times that are there now (unless SMS can kindly provide me with a dump of said times...), but the idea is to create time trial leaderboards but with less restrictions, so that you can compare same cars on the same track or similar performance cars.

Basically, the way it will work is if you do a lap with 50 different cars around the same track, you will be those 50 laps on the table (pre filtering of course). I got a few people asking me for something like this, so it is coming :)

EDIT: Which is exactly what you wrote :)

ports
07-03-2016, 14:54
I won't be able to use the times that are there now (unless SMS can kindly provide me with a dump of said times...), but the idea is to create time trial leaderboards but with less restrictions, so that you can compare same cars on the same track or similar performance cars.

Basically, the way it will work is if you do a lap with 50 different cars around the same track, you will be those 50 laps on the table (pre filtering of course). I got a few people asking me for something like this, so it is coming :)

EDIT: Which is exactly what you wrote :)

Yeah i understand that mate we just need to get everyone who does TT to use your app to get the boards filled up . It would be nice if sms could just give you the top 30 times for all cars even the top tens would be nice .

oscarolim
07-03-2016, 14:57
Once I have this working I will contact them. Let's see what they say :)

ports
07-03-2016, 15:00
You just never know until you ask they might surprise us with a big fat yes we can only hope and pray :)

jimmyb_84
07-03-2016, 15:08
That's some impressive work! If I had a Windows 10 device I'd love to join in, the ability to upload all times and review/compare adds life to the game.

Look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.

oscarolim
07-03-2016, 16:47
Version 1.2.3 has passed certification and should be on the store shortly. Let me know how it goes in regards to the crashing issues.

ports
07-03-2016, 17:05
Update has just gone live .

kevin kirk
07-03-2016, 18:28
I will let you know if it is fixed. Like I mentioned before I was having some memory issues with other things on my laptop. I just reset the whole laptop back to factory. I didn't have anything on it I couldn't download again and I got rid off all the junk on my memory. Even after the reset and redownloading the app it still freezes on start of race. Its just 2 clicks to restart it so no big deal and I'm just not convinced the problem isn't on my end with 2 other apps running with it.

oscarolim
08-03-2016, 12:21
New version submitted:

- Ability to upload your lap times to online leaderboards. You can view your times at http://lm.oscarolim.pt/laps

Online leaderboards
http://vhud.oscarolim.pt/support/images/how-to-use/upload-times.png

Choose the right platform you are in (PC, Playstation 4 or XBox One) and the control method used (Gamepad, Wheel or Keyboard + Mouse) and if you want to upload your times or not.

This window is displayed every time a new time trial session is started.

Then you can see your times at http://lm.oscarolim.pt/laps. Only clean laps are displayed, and is updated every 5 minutes.

It has ads which you can block with AdBlocker, so the decision is yours :) I've tried to make them as unobtrusive as possible.

---

We will now be returning to normal programming :p
I'll be releasing a maintenance update on the FFB website to allow multiple wheel profiles per user, and add some information about force feedback (probably this weekend).
After that, by the end of this month I'll be releasing one or two new Displays, make a few additions to the elements you can add to Displays and start working on the Display editor :)
Also the League Manager website will go under further development, with options to see the lap telemetry, add more tracks and work out the League part of the name!
Enough to keep me busy for a while!

ports
08-03-2016, 14:21
Awesome work mate :)

oscarolim
08-03-2016, 17:22
A quick update: I had to resubmit the app, as there was something that I left behind that would not let you upload the laps. So a little delay, but while you wait I leave you with this:
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1698/25252019409_5c89f1d8e0_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/EtrcAZ)

jimmyb_84
08-03-2016, 20:58
Wish I had a Windows 10 device now! Love the idea of having my laptime recorded for everything in TT mode could add a nice competition between platforms too.

ports
08-03-2016, 22:52
The new update is live :).

oscarolim
09-03-2016, 07:11
Let's put some lap times up there :)

inthebagbud
09-03-2016, 07:32

I have been away from the thread for a while but I have got to say that the website idea is absolutely amazing and hope SMS can provide you with the leaderboards as they are which would be fantastic . As A start maybe one of the otehr leaderboard sites may give you a dump of PC times at least or could you tap into the feed that these sites use?

http://pcars.13ms.de/

Is another possibility whether one of the android app guys could feed into your site as well to help populate the site

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app

oscarolim
09-03-2016, 07:41
This week I'll write a proper request do SMS, see what they say :)

The 13ms.de website, it seems they are showing every kind of lap. At least in time trial you cant use karts on certain tracks (at least not on xbox, maybe is different on other platforms?)
Ideally we would have at least one app per platform that would upload the times. That would be great.

ports
09-03-2016, 10:30

I will be getting in the hot lapping zone today, No work thanks to the rain but i'd off been finished fir 12 any way so it was always going to be a gaming day.

oscarolim
09-03-2016, 10:51
I've found an issue today, where someone uploaded a lap time of 0 (but there was telemetry data). I'm not sure the root cause of it yet, but I will be doing some internal testing before releasing an update.
It's odd because last night all laps I did uploaded, although this might have something to do with the app crashes that some are still experiencing.
So for now, treat this new feature as a beta trial, and hopefully I will have everything ironed out within the next week :)

EDIT: Another thing I've noticed checking the data is that when you switch tracks, the first lap time uploaded is the same as the last time uploaded of the previous track (so odd). Definitely something odd there, as that kind of data should be clear when a new session starts.

oscarolim
09-03-2016, 16:58
New version submitted. There's a few fixes here, all important. Because there is an issue with the lap times uploaded with the current version, once this update goes live I will clean the database of erroneous laps (easy to spot) and will only be saving laps uploaded with version 1.2.6.

- Fixed an issue with the Tyre temperatures
- Fixed an issue with the brake temperatures
- Fixed an issue with saving session results
- Fixed an issue with uploading times when changing track on time trial
- Fixed an issue preventing the UI from resetting when returning to the main menu of the game

kevin kirk
09-03-2016, 16:59
What does it mean by buying unlimited displays?

oscarolim
09-03-2016, 17:02
With the base version you can have three displays (which by default are the Race HUD, Timings HUD and Temperature / Mechanical HUD). At the moment there are none, but I plan to release more HUDs, and hopefully others will do. When this happens, if you want to have more than three selected, you need to have bought the unlimited displays iap.
Of course you can remove all 3 default ones and add 3 custom ones, keeping it at the 3 display limit.

ports
09-03-2016, 20:01
Update has gone live :).

oscarolim
09-03-2016, 20:10
Indeed, and as such, laps uploaded with version 1.2.5 will no longer be accepted, so please update to version 1.2.6.
Future version won't have this kind of limitation, the reason for this was because of a bug on how the laps were uploaded on 1.2.5 (where a phantom lap would be uploaded when changing tracks).

Also, don't know if you have noticed, but I've also added some basic telemetry. If you click on the lap time you can see it: http://lm.oscarolim.pt/laps/telemetry/734/1

And, if you upload a time with the wrong settings (platform, controller), feel free to send me an email with your name, the correct settings, and I'll update your times on the website to reflect those.

inthebagbud
09-03-2016, 23:46
Used the latest version for a quick run and my TT time was uploaded ok , Donnington park gp with formula gulf.

Although the app did keep shutting down, I think it was when I was exiting the session to make changes

On the option to upload or not my observation is that have you realised that if you are going out of tt to,tune then going back in , which you will do numerous times to access tuning menu each time you have to answer the question about uploading which becomes a nuisance after a while

Also is it not possible to have more than the current lap time shown on the timing screen for on screen analysis and then maybe for exporting to a file

And one last item, on the league site could we not have "Al tracks" as a selection; once I have some laps from different tracks up it would be good to see these in a list as well.

Sorry just thought of another , on car class is also possible to somehow add the TT category, as for console users we do not get to see the car class in TT mode, not a biggy but it would reflect what we see. I am not sure if that info is reproduced by the udp but I have a list with this info except for some dlcs I haven't bought

oscarolim
10-03-2016, 07:00
Hi mate.
I wasn't aware that going back to the garage and returning would trigger the screen. I will look into it and make changes so it only shows once.
When you export to a file (if you have the option turned on on the settings to save the session) it saves all laps. I will double check however if it saves correctly when you go to the garage and then return to track. Also, I can reuse the session table (last display) to show all laps.

The UDP doesn't say what is the TT category, but that is something I can manually add to the car. If you can share your list that would help as a start point.

Thanks for all those suggestions, they will be present on the next update :)

oscarolim
10-03-2016, 09:40
- When on Time Trial, the Results Display will show all your laps
- When going in and out of Time Trial, the options for time upload will not keep showing up. Also you can now set them in options and have it not show every time you start a Time Trial session
- Removed ads from the app (weren't working in the first place, will revisit this at a later time)

Submitted, and should be available soon.

I've also added a new error check, kind of catch all, to try to find those pesky issues that are crashing the app. It should now show a popup with the error (which you should send to me for analysis). The app should keep working after closing the popup.

Changes to the website might come today or over the weekend (depends on time).

oscarolim
11-03-2016, 12:05
Update is now live!
Also made some changes to the website, and to telemetry analysis.

I'm working on a RenaultSport Display with I expect to release during the next week (with an App update, as I had to create some new controls). After this I will take a couple days break to regain some strenght back :p

inthebagbud
11-03-2016, 12:37
oscarolim

Added a championship to the site and seems to have worked fine except when you hover over the track pictures the wrong times are displayed but cant remember an option to put times in ?

Very simple to use and set up and the track pictures are a nice touch :yes:

When you use the toggle filter function on the lap times , when the filter is executed it minimizes the filter selections and you have to press the toggle filter again

oscarolim
11-03-2016, 12:48
When you add / edit a track you don't get this:
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1563/25672687666_ce1d5a3317_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/F7BeBY)

In case the browser doesn't support it (I only tested on Chrome), you can add the date on that format (DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM), for example 11/03/2016 18:00

oscarolim
11-03-2016, 16:28
Something I will be releasing next week (will need a new app update because of some new controls...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6lpDS9K6Gg

kevin kirk
11-03-2016, 16:38
pretty sweet, any chance of getting a g meter one day. You know, one of those target looking circle with a dot floating in it showing the direction of the g force?

oscarolim
11-03-2016, 16:43
Yes, I could add something like that. Not soon, as there is quite a few other things to fix / implement, but I'll add that to my list.

oscarolim
When you use the toggle filter function on the lap times , when the filter is executed it minimizes the filter selections and you have to press the toggle filter again
That's because the whole page refreshes when the filter is used. I'll look into ways to improve that :)

kevin kirk
11-03-2016, 16:57
Yes, I could add something like that. Not soon, as there is quite a few other things to fix / implement, but I'll add that to my list.....I know its kind of rude to see something new and immediately ask for something else. Sorry about that, the Renault dash is sweet. The app worked like a charm last night. No freezing at the start or nothing. The first time I opened it it gave me a error message. Just did it that one time and then worked like a charm all night long. Thanks for the upcoming Renault dash. In order to see the ingame g meter you have to have all the telemetry open and its just to much mess to try and race with. Would be nice to have it some where in the app.

oscarolim
11-03-2016, 17:00
No problem. This is made for the community, so :)
Do you remember what the error message said? I've made a change on the latest version to catch almost all errors and inform the user, so that in turn the user can inform me, and when you close the popup you can continue to use the app.

inthebagbud
11-03-2016, 17:04
When you add / edit a track you don't get this:
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1563/25672687666_ce1d5a3317_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/F7BeBY)

In case the browser doesn't support it (I only tested on Chrome), you can add the date on that format (DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM), for example 11/03/2016 18:00

Thinking about yes I did enter dates but when you hover over the track tiles they all say 30/11 00:00

oscarolim
11-03-2016, 17:07
I'll need to double check how that was done, chances are it didn't save the dates.

kevin kirk
11-03-2016, 17:23
No problem. This is made for the community, so :)
Do you remember what the error message said? I've made a change on the latest version to catch almost all errors and inform the user, so that in turn the user can inform me, and when you close the popup you can continue to use the app.....I made a screen shoot and posted it here last night then it never did it again so I deleted my comment with it in it to not cause any headaches for you since it only did it one time.......229642