PDA

View Full Version : Game has stopped being fun

TK-Jeff
21-12-2015, 01:55
I have deleted my game for the 35th time since I had it. The difficulty has changed with every update it seems, the clios spin all the time. I just want to have fun, I know this is suppose to be a realistic sim, but it's still a video game. I am trying to find a happy median where I can both have a challenge and have fun at the same time. If anyone knows what that is please let me know.

SUBGTRACER
21-12-2015, 02:08
With regards to the difficulty drop it down a bit until you find that happy medium with the AI .

It is on the sim side of things so mistakes on the track are going to cost you dearly ...... Practice is key here, I know they have changed the tyre model once again and I'm find it a little difficult to get used to as I have not played the game in a month, with the new apps and the crew chief apps added I'm sure it will make the game more enjoyable in a realistic type of way.

I have not had a go at the app side of things yet , I have download Pcars app for Ipad and I phone and also the crew chief .

Maybe get a wheel If you are not using one , makes the world of difference .

Ian Bell
21-12-2015, 02:15
I have deleted my game for the 35th time since I had it. The difficulty has changed with every update it seems, the clios spin all the time. I just want to have fun, I know this is suppose to be a realistic sim, but it's still a video game. I am trying to find a happy median where I can both have a challenge and have fun at the same time. If anyone knows what that is please let me know.

That's pretty much sums up what we're trying to find also Jeff. We'll keep trying.

SUBGTRACER
21-12-2015, 02:25
nice to see you back on Ian. Merry Christmas .

ONESPACE
21-12-2015, 02:40
I don't use the game for fun anymore, since the default setup side of the game isn't made for sim racing. I have had plenty of intense races though with the tuning side of the game.
If you want a challenge and have fun, go to gtplanet and look up SNAIL World Road Racing Challenge. The guys are all clean for the most part and like to have fun. This league does not do setups. I might start racing again there after the new year, but like I said before the default setup side of the game, to me is garbage for sim racing. Mainly with just the road cars.
Go check them out SNAIL World Road Racing Challenge, you'll have fun and meet some good guys.

cmch15
21-12-2015, 02:56

I used to spend ages setting up my car to beat the AI in career at 100%, but with such limited play time of late I am finding my fun just jumping into QRW in a car I fancy at the time, with the AI set to 85/90 and starting midpack.

With your Clio problem, try turning the Decel lock up quite high, say 75%. Could also set Toe to 0 or 0.1 if it is too twitchy on turn in.

Ryzza5
21-12-2015, 07:19
I had memories of the Clio being a fun car to throw around, so recently did a bit of racing in it again (Patch 6) and was very surprised to find how oversteery it was. Took a good 30 minutes to fix with setup changes, which led to a great race against the AI. Tried it again last weekend with Patch 7 applied and despite the setup changes still being in effect the car reverted to o/s which had me finishing stone dead last after a couple of offs. So I can feel for you guys.

Konan
21-12-2015, 07:27
With regards to the difficulty drop it down a bit until you find that happy medium with the AI .

It is on the sim side of things so mistakes on the track are going to cost you dearly ...... Practice is key here, I know they have changed the tyre model once again and I'm find it a little difficult to get used to as I have not played the game in a month, with the new apps and the crew chief apps added I'm sure it will make the game more enjoyable in a realistic type of way.

I have not had a go at the app side of things yet , I have download Pcars app for Ipad and I phone and also the crew chief .

Maybe get a wheel If you are not using one , makes the world of difference .

Which app did you download for Ipad...it doesn't seem to work for me?

chig88
21-12-2015, 08:28
I had memories of the Clio being a fun car to throw around, so recently did a bit of racing in it again (Patch 6) and was very surprised to find how oversteery it was. Took a good 30 minutes to fix with setup changes, which led to a great race against the AI. Tried it again last weekend with Patch 7 applied and despite the setup changes still being in effect the car reverted to o/s which had me finishing stone dead last after a couple of offs. So I can feel for you guys.

Yep. Our league has had some really fun races in the Clio, so decided to use it for every race this month.

Speaking for myself, it has been bloody awful. Used to really enjoy the car but it's just undriveable at points now. Oversteers like a b***h & doesn't respond all that well to setup changes.

By far the worst of all is the rear tyres flat out refusing to warm up. I tested putting the tyre pressures as low as possible & driving like an absolute loon at Sakitto - the fronts ended up on the warm side (dark green) while the rears stayed completely blue (sorry, don't know what the actual temps were).

Sankyo
21-12-2015, 08:30
Yep. Our league has had some really fun races in the Clio, so decided to use it for every race this month.

Speaking for myself, it has been bloody awful. Used to really enjoy the car but it's just undriveable at points now. Oversteers like a b***h & doesn't respond all that well to setup changes.

By far the worst of all is the rear tyres flat out refusing to warm up. I tested putting the tyre pressures as low as possible & driving like an absolute loon at Sakitto - the fronts ended up on the warm side (dark green) while the rears stayed completely blue (sorry, don't know what the actual temps were).
The Clio was always sensitive to cold rear tyres and needed proper warming up before pushing. With the current bug in the tyre heating, I think it's expected that this car will suffer.

chig88
21-12-2015, 08:32
The Clio was always sensitive to cold rear tyres and needed proper warming up before pushing. With the current bug in the tyre heating, I think it's expected that this car will suffer.

Yes it's always been sensitive, but it at least has been possible to warm them up.

Wasn't aware that there is a tyre heating bug. When was that introduced?

Sankyo
21-12-2015, 09:11
Yes it's always been sensitive, but it at least has been possible to warm them up.

Wasn't aware that there is a tyre heating bug. When was that introduced?
In patch 7.0 when undoing the tyre heating change of 6.0.

chig88
21-12-2015, 09:25

TrevorAustin
21-12-2015, 10:00

Which worked perfectly. Still no idea why that was undone. Because 5 or 6 people didn't like it? :)

cluck
21-12-2015, 10:11
Which worked perfectly. Still no idea why that was undone. Because 5 or 6 people didn't like it? :)No company will make a significant change to appease 5 or 6 people out of nearly 2 million. I cannot believe people still believe this.

Sankyo
21-12-2015, 10:12
Good to see you appreciate the difficulties of complex software development.

justonce68
21-12-2015, 10:14
As Ian said earlier they are trying to find a happy median. Whilst I preferred 6.0 on the wheel, if it messes up the gameplay for some pad users, then I feel they are doing the right thing trying to get it right for everyone.
If the boot were on the other foot and they weren't listening to wheel users then we would all be up in arms.
I'm sure there will be a solution in the new year.

chig88
21-12-2015, 10:19
No company will make a significant change to appease 5 or 6 people out of nearly 2 million. I cannot believe people still believe this.

Obviously it was more than 5 or 6 people, but I do find the change very odd.

In the tyre discussion thread the devs (think it was Casey) jumped in saying that 6.0 was how the tyres were supposed to be all along & that it was more realistic. He also said people will have to un-learn bad habits that were causing the tyres to overheat. Most wheel users seemed happy (myself included).

Then suddenly in the next patch it's reversed? Bizarre decision IMO.

Flip-flopping so extremely is frustrating as hell. You download a patch not knowing if you're going to be playing the same game afterwards. Small adjustments are to be expected but it's been too much recently.

chig88
21-12-2015, 10:19

It was a joke.

Good to see you're full of Christmas cheer.

Sankyo
21-12-2015, 10:48
It was a joke.

Good to see you're full of Christmas cheer.
When making jokes, make sure to be aware of your general reputation or how you are perceived, so that you make sure it comes across the right way ;)

chig88
21-12-2015, 10:52
When making jokes, make sure to be aware of your general reputation or how you are perceived, so that you make sure it comes across the right way ;)

You mean how I am perceived by YOU.

I make plenty of jokes with other people without arsey replies (ask Cluck RE: the coleslaw thread). Seems to be off limits with you though. Maybe if I put a smiley at the end of everything it will be okay? :)

cluck
21-12-2015, 10:57
In Remco's defence, I read it the same way as he did. The trouble is, it is very difficult sometimes to determine what is a joke and what isn't, especially on contentious topics :).

cmch15
21-12-2015, 10:57
Obviously it was more than 5 or 6 people, but I do find the change very odd.

In the tyre discussion thread the devs (think it was Casey) jumped in saying that 6.0 was how the tyres were supposed to be all along & that it was more realistic. He also said people will have to un-learn bad habits that were causing the tyres to overheat. Most wheel users seemed happy (myself included).

Then suddenly in the next patch it's reversed? Bizarre decision IMO.

Flip-flopping so extremely is frustrating as hell. You download a patch not knowing if you're going to be playing the same game afterwards. Small adjustments are to be expected but it's been too much recently.

One of the guys in a thread I follow posted this, which I think explains what you are referring to. I think it is from the tyre discussion thread but it was easier to pull it from the quote I knew where it was. :)

Originally Posted by Stephen Viljoen View Post

Hi guys,

It's interesting to read all these theories and speculation on the what and the why! Apologies that a proper answer has been a while coming but we wanted to be sure of what exactly was causing the issues. Well, after much back-and-forth testing between patch 5.0 and patch 7.0, we finally got to the bottom of this. Firstly though, we decided it was best to revert to the patch 5.0 style tyre heat model. The simple truth is that it was a too far-reaching change that on review should not have been patched into the game at this late stage in the product's life cycle. As it happened, there was another change in patch 6.0 that we didn't revert as it wasn't obviously related, which is now causing the discrepancy between how the tyres heat in patch 7.0 versus patch 5.0. We have a fix in testing currently and all being well, will roll it out in Patch 8.0.

We'll keep you posted on how testing goes, but please keep in mind that the team is pretty much shut down from end today until first week in January, so don't expect to hear too much back before January.

Roger Prynne
21-12-2015, 11:10

I make plenty of jokes with other people without arsey replies (ask Cluck RE: the coleslaw thread). Seems to be off limits with you though. Maybe if I put a smiley at the end of everything it will be okay? :)
To be fair it does make a difference if you put a smiley at the end of a joke post.

I think some people need to get a grip :friendly_wink:

See what I did there.

Sankyo
21-12-2015, 11:25
Absolutely. But not only me, though.

Smileys certainly help, especially when using meme pictures that don't have a humorous meaning in many contexts where they are used.

BTW Have a look at my comment again, surely that could also have been a jest at you? How do you know it wasn't? Or was that YOUR interpretation biasing what you read into it? ;)

Look how much difference it would have made if I'd written

Good to see you appreciate the difficulties of complex software development :)

instead of

Good to see you appreciate the difficulties of complex software development

See? :)

chig88
21-12-2015, 11:26
Absolutely. But not only me, though.

Oh so I have a bad reputation then do I Remco?

Sankyo
21-12-2015, 11:31
Oh so I have a bad reputation then do I Remco?
Nope, just referring to the responses above by cluck and Roger. And simply stating that what you posted before influences how your posting now is interpreted. Which can be solved by being very explicit (with smileys).

Curious BTW how you did not respond to the rest of my reply ;)

Haiden
21-12-2015, 11:38

Most consumers don't care to ruminate over how their products are made. They just want them to work. It' s a reasonable expectation.

chig88
21-12-2015, 11:42
Curious BTW how you did not respond to the rest of my reply ;)

Because I didn't want to get any further into it, but if you insist - lets.

Smileys certainly help, especially when using meme pictures that don't have a humorous meaning in many contexts where they are used.

:) My apologies. I promise to put multiple smileys before, after & in amongst :) any future jokes so as to avoid offending. :)

BTW Have a look at my comment again, surely that could also have been a jest at you? How do you know it wasn't? Or was that YOUR interpretation biasing what you read into it?

Doesn't really make any sense does it? You can't tell when my post is a joke because I didn't include a smiley, and yet I'm biased for reading your reply as arsey yet you didn't include one yourself?

And as far as 'general reputation and perception' goes, you're correct. It very much had a role to play in my reading of your response as needlessly arsey.

chig88
21-12-2015, 11:51
Most consumers don't care to ruminate over how their products are made. They just want them to work. It' s a reasonable expectation.

Nope not unreasonable, especially after 7 months or however long it's been.

Seems to be the default response here though - if you complain about some things you simply 'don't know how it works'. Funny to note that I, in fact, do have a pretty decent knowledge of it being an IT professional myself, not that they would know that - it's easier to just assume otherwise.

Game development is hard.

But when every patch introduces new problems (and going by the 7.0 patch notes, doesn't include a lot of fixes) I tend to think that things can be improved.

LotusTeam
21-12-2015, 11:56
That's pretty much sums up what we're trying to find also Jeff. We'll keep trying.

Ian, just curious...I consider Pcars is a serious motorsport racing simulation title and observed there are a lot of Hong Kong people given up on GT6 and shifted to pcars for half a year now....what is the direction of SMS's day 1 development? For me, stay in simulation class is crucial for me, I know I know...as a studio head you will have to compromise business and customers' needs, but i still hope SMS can stay in a seriously hardcode made racing simulator going forward!

Haiden
21-12-2015, 12:10

Nope not unreasonable, especially after 7 months or however long it's been.

Seems to be the default response here though - if you complain about some things you simply 'don't know how it works'. Funny to note that I, in fact, do have a pretty decent knowledge of it being an IT professional myself, not that they would know that - it's easier to just assume otherwise.

Game development is hard.

But when every patch introduces new problems (and going by the 7.0 patch notes, doesn't include a lot of fixes) I tend to think that things can be improved.

Agreed. I'm an IT director, as well. The way I see it... Yes, software development can be difficult, but PCars is no longer in development. I'm sure SMS and the devs would like to think of it that way, but it's not. PCars 2 is in development. PCars 1 was released. It's now a production version. Updates and changes are expected to make the game progressively better, not be major setbacks and/or complete reversals on core functionality. I love the game, and hope this gets sorted quickly. But I do find it irritating that SMS seems to always find a way to make the consumer wrong for expecting a smoother experience, no matter how bad they mess up. They seem to not want to hear the complaints and often don't respond to them unless the voices get loud enough to become disruptive. I realize this is just my opinion, but I've basically conceded that PCars1 will never be fixed. It will become more stable, but there will always be a few major quirks and bugs that persist and won't be worked out until PCars2, because they are too deeply embedded in the PC1 code.

chig88
21-12-2015, 12:14
Agreed. I'm an IT director, as well. The way I see it... Yes, software development can be difficult, but PCars is no longer in development. I'm sure SMS and the devs would like to think of it that way, but it's not. PCars 2 is in development. PCars 1 was released. It's now a production version. Updates and changes are expected to make the game progressively better, not be major setbacks and/or complete reversals on core functionality. I love the game, and hope this gets sorted quickly. But I do find it irritating that SMS seems to always find a way to make the consumer wrong for expecting a smoother experience. No matter how bad they mess up. They seem to not want to hear the complaints and often don't respond to them unless the voices get loud enough to become disruptive. I realize this is just my opinion, but I've basically conceded that PCars1 will never be fixed. It will become more stable, but there will always be a few major quirks and bugs that persist and won't be worked out until PCars2, because they are too deeply embedded in the PC1 coe.

Well said. Reflects my feelings exactly.

TK-Jeff
21-12-2015, 12:40
Thanks for all the advice guys. I do have a wheel but not sure if it will work. It's the Logitech GT driving force from my PS3

chig88
21-12-2015, 12:43
Thanks for all the advice guys. I do have a wheel but not sure if it will work. It's the Logitech GT driving force from my PS3

Don't think that works with PS4 I'm afraid mate :(.

TrevorAustin
21-12-2015, 14:10
No company will make a significant change to appease 5 or 6 people out of nearly 2 million. I cannot believe people still believe this.

So where was the sample taken from to make the decision to change it back? I saw a handful of pad users complaining their flick style driving caused the tyres to overheat, was there a poll or similar to see who wanted it changed back? The majority appeared to be much happier so somebody somewhere must have better statistics that I missed.

vahagn_hayk
21-12-2015, 14:27
all of us, should just accept pCARS1 will NOT be fixed, it will be more stable and eventually updates/ patches will stop, once pCARS2 is closer to release date or known to be released. i think the problems are deeply embedded in the physics engine and core of the game and the studio will try to correct or make changes in or towards pCARS2...but realistically pCARS1 will remain what it is now, just slightly more stable in next 6months, but core problems will remain. and the understand there are business decisions and money making is important, but without the fanbase/ consumers, none of it is possible! and it does seem strange that they don't take in what the main and common complaints are from the community...which goes back to the question of why initially while in development, how and why so many race game essential things were not included??? did they just not want to include it? no time to implement it? did the testers not know enough about racing? own interests? lack of know-how to how a racing game should be?
completely agree with Haiden!

biggbaddwolf
21-12-2015, 15:45
Personally I am loving this game, sure there are a few things I would like to see added, but I am not going to trip out about it... :D

Konan
21-12-2015, 15:47
Personally I am loving this game, sure there are a few things I would like to see added, but I am not going to trip out about it... :D

The big bad wolf is actually a little nice kitten...lol

GrimeyDog
21-12-2015, 15:57
I was Actually Loving PCars until update 7.0
I have My FFB Tweeked to My Liking and the Racing was Much better with 6.0 then they took it away... Seems like just a Tease to Me I Hope they put it Back and i Don't Mean in PCars 2!!! I Really don't get or Notice some of the Bugs or Missing Game Features some Mention.... Maybe I'm outta the Loop or Lost. I dunno... Even 7.0 is ok but just ok IMO after experiencing 6.0 everything but 6.0 is just sub par at best.

Sasquatch
21-12-2015, 16:22

It works on the PC, but if you're looking for it to work on PS4 -it's a negative and a Sony support issue not SMS/PCARS sadly.

biggbaddwolf
21-12-2015, 16:40
Ok I play on PS4, and I guess I don't really understand what is "broke" about it. Other than I was having some issues with the rain tires, but they seem fixed after the latest update, and it wasn't bad enough to classify the game as broke.

Konan
21-12-2015, 16:48
Ok I play on PS4, and I guess I don't really understand what is "broke" about it. Other than I was having some issues with the rain tires, but they seem fixed after the latest update, and it wasn't bad enough to classify the game as broke.

Same here...no issues worth mentioning,i had one crash on my ps4,that's it...
Just waiting for some improvements according to gameplay immersion...

Haiden
21-12-2015, 17:31

Really? The last update is what brought about the tire issue. Now, in many cars, especially GT3, your tires are colder after one or two laps than they were when you left the pits. Prior to that, I wasn't having that many problems. Some where there--losing FFB in the wheel and having to restart the session (about once a week), and the occasional crash to dashboard, which, when it does happe, always seems to happen in the last few laps/quarter of the race. I can tolerate those things. But what really bugs me about this 7.0 update is that, at least to me, it confirms what many have suspected since the game's release--SMS' testing process isn't very good. Say what you want about 7.0 being meant to bridge the gap or appease pad players. That might have been the intention. But simply driving one or two laps in a GT3 would have been enough to see that there was a problem. Unless you're going to tell me that the physics engine works differently on the dev machines? If they were testing the new heat model, how could they have missed that the tires were getting colder????

Konan
21-12-2015, 17:51
Really? The last update is what brought about the tire issue. Now, in many cars, especially GT3, your tires are colder after one or two laps than they were when you left the pits. Prior to that, I wasn't having that many problems. Some where there--losing FFB in the wheel and having to restart the session (about once a week), and the occasional crash to dashboard, which, when it does happe, always seems to happen in the last few laps/quarter of the race. I can tolerate those things. But what really bugs me about this 7.0 update is that, at least to me, it confirms what many have suspected since the game's release--SMS' testing process isn't very good. Say what you want about 7.0 being meant to bridge the gap or appease pad players. That might have been the intention. But simply driving one or two laps in a GT3 would have been enough to see that there was a problem. Unless you're going to tell me that the physics engine works differently on the dev machines? If they were testing the new heat model, how could they have missed that the tires were getting colder????

I'm a pad player and for me they didn't have to change anything...
Patch 7.0 has taken away some of the excitement of tire management...an important element of sim racing imo...

LotusTeam
21-12-2015, 18:01
Anyone notice when using soft tires on road cars like R8 is more slippery than using a medium street tires even though tires are warmed up to green ?

biggbaddwolf
21-12-2015, 18:05
Well I guess everyone's experience is different, the only thing I had problems with is rain tires overheating much too quickly, but that seems to be resolved with the last update

vahagn_hayk
21-12-2015, 21:25
Well I guess everyone's experience is different, the only thing I had problems with is rain tires overheating much too quickly, but that seems to be resolved with the last update

well then, I guess all is resolved, game is perfect now, only DLC's needed! Haiden, please don't post problems that only you and/ or hundreds more have! Game is perfect! Please stop posting problems that only your Ps4 has!

biggbaddwolf
22-12-2015, 00:42
Awwwwwww did someone get his panties in a wad? Sorry I am just not having the issues that everyone keeps talking about. Anyway carry on!

TenthDan
22-12-2015, 01:47
well then, I guess all is resolved, game is perfect now, only DLC's needed! Haiden, please don't post problems that only you and/ or hundreds more have! Game is perfect! Please stop posting problems that only your Ps4 has!

Much as others could reply to the inverse style post saying "everyone stop playing, the game is broken, bugs detected, not going to be enjoyable."

The hyperbole is unnecessary and the issues have been noted, some people are just saying they're not affected.

As the wolf said: 'everyone's experience is different.'

TenthDan
22-12-2015, 01:47
Awwwwwww did someone get his panties in a wad? Sorry I am just not having the issues that everyone keeps talking about. Anyway carry on!

And also, no need to antagonise each other...

aj85234
22-12-2015, 02:26
Thank you SMS for making such a wonderful racing simulator. My first racing game was poke position for the Atari 2600..... I am just grateful that racing games have come so far !!!!!

aj85234
22-12-2015, 02:34
......After reading the entire thread, I just felt like saying thank you.

lollygag
22-12-2015, 02:36
Some people need to be harrased and antagonized.. and to the OP,

I have deleted my game for the 35th time since I had it..

You know what they say.. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

poirqc
22-12-2015, 03:15
Some people need to be harrased and antagonized.. and to the OP,

You know what they say.. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

A co-worker of mine always say that! :)

On a side note, would you have a shot @ Oulton Parl, Foster. CTR. ;-)

Haiden
22-12-2015, 11:35

Care to post a video of you not having problems--like say... two or three laps in a GT3--showing your out of pit tire temps, and then the temps after two or three laps? Because, I'm sorry, but the only way you're getting those tires to stay warm in a GT3 is if you're driving like an absolute mad man and scrubbing the crap out of your tires. This isn't a subjective kind of thing or one of those bugs that affects some consoles and not others. Everyone is having this issue. The only subjective about it is whether you mind it or not. For some reason, some people think driving on cold/not optimally heated tires is okay. That, I don't understand, but to each his own.

Gravit8
22-12-2015, 12:23
I was Actually Loving PCars until update 7.0
I have My FFB Tweeked to My Liking and the Racing was Much better with 6.0 then they took it away... Seems like just a Tease to Me I Hope they put it Back and i Don't Mean in PCars 2!!! I Really don't get or Notice some of the Bugs or Missing Game Features some Mention.... Maybe I'm outta the Loop or Lost. I dunno... Even 7.0 is ok but just ok IMO after experiencing 6.0 everything but 6.0 is just sub par at best.

So. Umm. I think I'm gonna keep it then.
6.0 that is.
At least til after the holiday or there's a better reason to ditch it.
Glad I paused that download.
And I can confirm it has stayed paused since.

Did you say tire heating bug was introduced?
Phew

Edit:
Oh and as for the OP?!
Dude said 35 times.
Like a Sunday routine or something?
thats seriously 5 per month/update.
Dude what?
I'm not sure if I'm teasing an epic rant or I just know that's the only way it will sound worded out when I imagine the three or four day tailspin cycle that had to be happening.
But I kinda want to here your story. ;)
Hang in there OP

Liquid7394
22-12-2015, 16:02
You're not having any issues so others who are must be lying right? I guess I just imagined the numerous issues I've encountered such as game crashes, wheel issues, landmine bugs, save corruptions and multiple physics glitches. Clearly your experience is representative of everyone elses. /s

Konan
22-12-2015, 16:17
You're not having any issues so others who are must be lying right? I guess I just imagined the numerous issues I've encountered such as game crashes, wheel issues, landmine bugs, save corruptions and multiple physics glitches. Clearly your experience is representative of everyone elses. /s

I don't have those issues either but I must say it has to be game breaking for those who do...
I hope they'll be fixed soon...

vahagn_hayk
22-12-2015, 17:18
i don't think we will see a video nor any posts from @biggbaddwolf

GrimeyDog
22-12-2015, 18:43
I don't have those issues either but I must say it has to be game breaking for those who do...
I hope they'll be fixed soon...

I second this statement... Every Now and then i get a Random issue... But i dont expect any Extra Features Bells or Whistles i just like Race... I will Say The Sim Racing Experience has Not been as enjoyable with since the 7.0 update... 6.0 was Nearly Perfect for Me.... Note i said for Me... I make No Claims to speak for the whole PCars Community.

Konan
22-12-2015, 18:46
I second this statement... Every Now and then i get a Random issue... But i dont expect any Extra Features Bells or Whistles i just like Race... I will Say The Sim Racing Experience has Not been as enjoyable with since the 7.0 update... 6.0 was Nearly Perfect for Me.... Note i said for Me... I make No Claims to speak for the whole PCars Community.

Well...that makes two of us...

GrimeyDog
22-12-2015, 18:48
So. Umm. I think I'm gonna keep it then.
6.0 that is.
At least til after the holiday or there's a better reason to ditch it.
Glad I paused that download.
And I can confirm it has stayed paused since.

Did you say tire heating bug was introduced?
Phew

Edit:
Oh and as for the OP?!
Dude said 35 times.
Like a Sunday routine or something?
thats seriously 5 per month/update.
Dude what?
I'm not sure if I'm teasing an epic rant or I just know that's the only way it will sound worded out when I imagine the three or four day tailspin cycle that had to be happening.
But I kinda want to here your story. ;)
Hang in there OP

YES!!! If you dont Mind Not Racing online I STRONGLY Recommend that you SKIP 7.0 update!!! I Know i wish i Skipped it!!!

Konan
22-12-2015, 18:51
YES!!! If you dont Mind Not Racing online I STRONGLY Recommend that you SKIP 7.0 update!!! I Know i wish i Skipped it!!!

Wish i did too...

Synner40
22-12-2015, 19:07
I don't use the game for fun anymore, since the default setup side of the game isn't made for sim racing. I have had plenty of intense races though with the tuning side of the game.
If you want a challenge and have fun, go to gtplanet and look up SNAIL World Road Racing Challenge. The guys are all clean for the most part and like to have fun. This league does not do setups. I might start racing again there after the new year, but like I said before the default setup side of the game, to me is garbage for sim racing. Mainly with just the road cars.
Go check them out SNAIL World Road Racing Challenge, you'll have fun and meet some good guys.

I race with this guy can confirm with the right set up racing can be fun. as seen here
https://youtu.be/9O2Jzx1sJx4

can also confirm one mistake can cost you (also seen in the video,and to let it fool you,he is a lot better then what Is seen in this video.)

ONESPACE
22-12-2015, 19:58
I race with this guy can confirm with the right set up racing can be fun. as seen here
https://youtu.be/9O2Jzx1sJx4

can also confirm one mistake can cost you (also seen in the video,and to let it fool you,he is a lot better then what Is seen in this video.)
LOLOL, that's a good example of entering a race and doing all my 50 to 75 lap practices in the daylight. What a difference between a day race and a night race. Especially in the brakes department. All they wanted to do was lock up at night and had no problems with my brakes during the day. I pay close attention to the race calendar now though. LOL. And the temperature. We had a couple good battles for last place though. LOL
thanks for the video, you you. And good luck in the AOR special event.

GrimeyDog
22-12-2015, 20:57
Don't get me wrong the Game is still playable But Check out this straight tire abuse on watkins Glen short and i could have kept this 1:07.xxx pace up until i ran out of fuel but i got board... without having to mange tire heat and wear Pcars is just a mindless hot Lapper!!! JMO straight Tire abuse and Tires have little to No signs of wear and not 1 heat issue.

https://youtu.be/QWilkFfl7jk

Salty Dog
04-01-2016, 08:38
Ive been playing PC solo offline on my ps4 and ive come across some small issues, but nothing big at all.

Ive has a few cars feel as though they were magnetised to each other and pulling to the left coming up mt panorama, a few handling issues usually fixed after a tinker with the car and or controller, im sure it would feel better on a wheel but for me the game feels pretty good.