PDA

View Full Version : Not getting any Invitational races

boss360
22-12-2015, 20:19
when i first started i used to get invites in career mode to race other cars during the season i was playing in. I haven't been getting them for some time. this is a bit disappointing as there doesn't seem to be any other way of racing some of these cars unless i use the create a weekend event option. does anybody know how to get more invites for these races or if there is a way to unlock different racing classes like historical or road cars?

Schnizz58
22-12-2015, 21:48
Yes, if you give me an invitational event, I can tell you what unlocks it. In general, the unlock criteria are things like complete a certain number of career laps, win a particular career championship, win a certain number of team championships, win a number of podium finishes, etc.

Schnizz58
22-12-2015, 22:13
That unlocks the McLaren Track Masters 3 hr Trophy.

Schnizz58
22-12-2015, 22:28
I don't really understand the question. There is no event that unlocks it. For each invitational there is a criterion that unlocks it. Completing 175 career laps is the criterion that unlocks the McLaren endurance event. Nothing unlocks 175 career laps because that is something you have to do to unlock something else. Also note that I think there is a bug that affects this particular unlock criterion. I think it unlocks but doesn't show as completed in the invitational screen.

Schnizz58
22-12-2015, 22:46
So you're saying the unlock criterion is something other than 175 career laps? That's definitely a possibility because there are two with that same unlock.

bluesky0870
22-12-2015, 22:50
Itís definitely a bug or mislabeled. I have read where some have completed all the invitations in the game but no one can answer what they did to unlock it except to say it was an endurance race. Thank You for the information. I will stumble across it at some point in career mode. Merry Christmas to you!!!

It was a bug in the early days and was said to be fixed with the 3.0 patch or nearby that one. I had the same problems, but after the fix it unlocked automatically. The same as the "Win 4 team championships" accolade...

Schnizz58
22-12-2015, 22:55
FYI, win 4 team championships unlocks the Supercar FreeFall 24 hr Panorama. I noticed also that there's an issue with the Vintage Stock Caper Special Trophy. That event is unlocked for me but I haven't completed the criterion for it, which is win GT3 US Trophy.

bluesky0870
22-12-2015, 23:01
FYI, win 4 team championships unlocks the Supercar FreeFall 24 hr Panorama. I noticed also that there's an issue with the Vintage Stock Caper Special Trophy. That event is unlocked for me but I haven't completed the criterion for it, which is win GT3 US Trophy.

That's a mistake I think. At least in the German version of the game for sure (corrected with last patch). The GT3 UK trophy was named as GT3 US trophy as well in the accolades. So you'll maybe have finished that and the Caper trophy was unlocked.

Schnizz58
22-12-2015, 23:02
Nope, I haven't done any GT classes at all so far in career.

bluesky0870
22-12-2015, 23:06
Then I have no clue. where do you know from that event x unlocks trophy y? Is there a webpage you can advise me?

Schnizz58
22-12-2015, 23:14
I'm keeping a spreadsheet of career mode events and invitationals. Part of that are the unlock criteria for invitationals that I've pieced together from playing the game and what I've been able to track down on this site. There are two omissions aside from what we've already discussed in this thread. I don't know what winning the LMP1 American Masters unlocks (but I'll know soon because I'm in that event right now). And I don't know what unlocks the Lotus Vintage Formula Challenge because that came with the Lotus DLC pack and I had already satisfied whatever criterion unlocks it.

chrisff87
23-12-2015, 19:30
This might come in handy. Feel free to update it with the missing information if you know it, and post it back for us!224436

Schnizz58
23-12-2015, 19:36
This might come in handy. Feel free to update it with the missing information if you know it, and post it back for us!224436
I'll publish my spreadsheet at some point. It started with another member here but he sorta dropped out and isn't maintaining it anymore. So maybe I'll just take it over and try to keep it up to date.