PDA

View Full Version : DS4 pulling left like oh hey that wall looks pretty

hkraft300
24-12-2015, 09:44
I have steering mapped to the left stick. I'll be going down a straight with a slight left bend in it. So I have my L3 stick pushed ever so slightly left, for minimal steering angle and max speed, eg Road America back straight after the carousel and kink. Suddenly my steering will snap full lock to the left and BAM I'm all over the wall like s* on toilet paper. Happening in every car, and I can't drive DRS cars because it throws me into a spin.
I've reset my controller, PS4 off pressed the button at the back.
Deadzone 5
Steering sensitivity 30
Speed sensitivity 40
Controller filtering 45

Has anyone experienced this? I had the same problem a few months ago but reset my controller and it fixed. Not sure what to do now.

Wheel and rig a few weeks away yet.

N0body Of The Goat
24-12-2015, 17:55
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1179145&viewfull=1#post1179145

Have you tried Casey's controller setting suggestion?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
24-12-2015, 20:49
I would check the function of the stick in other games, as I've had left sticks go bad before. They seem to just wear out.

hkraft300
25-12-2015, 00:28
Not a fan of Casey's settings, it restricts steering angle too much for me at speed. I can scrub and opposite lock with my settings just fine. Bumped up my above settings by +5 its a lot better but it still twitches now.
I'll have to see if I'm getting an input in the telemetry yet, but if what Digby says is true, I'll just make a warranty claim I guess.

What's wrong with the DS4... The DS3 were indestructible and had better batteries -_-

bradleyland
27-12-2015, 17:45
I have the same problem with one of my DS4 controllers. I think it's a problem with the potentiometer. I ended up getting a wheel, and man, let me tell ya, it makes a world of difference!

bradleyland
27-12-2015, 17:48
BTW, it's really hard to spot this problem in other games, because racing games are kind of unique in that they require prolonged periods of very subtle input. I've noticed the same problem with my DS3 controllers and XB360 controllers in FPS games in the past. It's hard to notice in those games, but when I was sniping, I'd occasionally notice "jerks" in the input that I'm sure I didn't do.

hkraft300
27-12-2015, 20:07
Never had the issue with DS3. No worn buttons or sticks and believe me it went through many a FIFA and bf3 rage battle lol
I had my ds4 replaced under warranty 2 months after I got it this year: worn R stick from playing only bf4.
Its behaving much better with the settings I posted above its a slight twitch.
A wheel is in the negotiations process with The Wife so fingers crossed.

bradleyland
29-12-2015, 23:25
Never had the issue with DS3. No worn buttons or sticks and believe me it went through many a FIFA and bf3 rage battle lol
I had my ds4 replaced under warranty 2 months after I got it this year: worn R stick from playing only bf4.
Its behaving much better with the settings I posted above its a slight twitch.
A wheel is in the negotiations process with The Wife so fingers crossed.

Ah yes, the centralized procurement model. We've got the same thing at our household. Fingers crossed for ya, bud :)