PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Setup Bug!

VulcanVFX
24-12-2015, 13:00
So I've been trying to set my cars FFB up and I can't get any of my tunes to save! Spent bout an hour trying to find a work around but can't seem to find one, any work arounds?

d4ninho
24-12-2015, 13:50
you have to delete you game saves which means all your career is gone, even then its not a definate problem solver as each Patch breaks something else

VulcanVFX
24-12-2015, 15:47
you have to delete you game saves which means all your career is gone, even then its not a definate problem solver as each Patch breaks something else

So is deleting my save REALLY the only work around to this?!

Schnizz58
24-12-2015, 16:27
So is deleting my save REALLY the only work around to this?!
Hold on, don't delete anything just yet. There's something I'd like for you to try if you're willing. No guarantee that it will work. Let me go find the procedure and I'll be back.

_____

I'm back...didn't take as long as I thought. So first of all this profile save bug has been dogging us since 3.0 at least, possibly since release. We haven't found a way to reliably reproduce it or any workaround for it so far. So OpticalHercules put together this procedure to try to see if it will recover your data. It may not work but I don't think it will make anything worse. If it doesn't work, you're pretty much screwed anyway. If it makes you feel better I've had to start over a few times and I'm not the only one. So here's Optical's procedure. Your local save file might already be corrupted and if so then it might be too late to recover it but it's worth a shot.

1: Go into Xbox settings (network, i think), and put the xbox into Offline Mode.

2: While in Offline Mode, start PCars. It will give you a warning that something won't be saved or whatever. Click around it to continue playing. Remember, if anything goes wrong here, You're already at the point where you can't play so just go for it.

3: Once the game starts, load a career race/qualifier and complete it then save. Make some settings change. Make some Tune change. Make a couple changes in the status of your save file since last you were able to play normally.

4: Now shutdown the game through the xbox dashboard, and perform a Hard Reset (Hold power button on xbox for 15-20 seconds until the power brick light goes from white to orange, then unplug the power cord form xbox, tap the power button a few times, then plug it back in)

5: Now restart the xbox, go into settings and put it back into normal Online Mode.

6: Try to boot the game. What I hope will happen here is that XBLive will detect a newer save file on the local system than exists on the cloud and will try to update the bad cloud file with the newer local save file. Complete the sync and play

MAARTEN
24-12-2015, 16:32
So I've been trying to set my cars FFB up and I can't get any of my tunes to save! Spent bout an hour trying to find a work around but can't seem to find one, any work arounds?

Where are you tuning? In your garage or in a race? For me it's only possible to save tuning and make it stick if i'm in directly in garage via mainmenu.

STEELJOCKEY
26-12-2015, 07:20
The first time I hit this bug was when I decided to do a base tune save to all tracks for one car. It only managed to save to about the first 38 tracks, then locked me out from doing a save tune anywhere for any car.

Up to that point I was only saving tunes singly per car and per track. Unfortunately my only choice at the time was to delete save file everywhere and start again.

Luckily I'm not into the career, but loosing all my tunes was frustrating, and since then I have gone back to sving tunes individually for cars and tracks, and not using the 'save all' feature in the hope of avoiding this major fail.

Der Ambergauer
03-01-2016, 09:30
Hello,

same bug here for several times. So I stopped playing.

Question to the developpers: Why not saving setups like Forza with name and prescription to load again and share? Actual it's the gamebreaker.

Gre vom Ambergauer