PDA

View Full Version : G29 Paddle Shifters not working after 7.0 patch update

luv2drive
26-12-2015, 06:29
I'm brand new here so sorry in advance if this is already a known issue. I didn't see it on the known issues thread

I just installed Project Cars on PS4 and am using it with a Logitech G29 wheel.

After initial install and basic testing I was able to drive just fine and manual shifting was working.

Overnight the 7.0 patch downloaded and installed. After this, the manual shift completely stopped working. My car will just stay in Neutral and I can't shift into gear. If I go into Controls and set to Automatic then I can drive in this mode, but if I switch back to Manual, same problem, car won't shift. I tried doing a "Reset" on the Wheel's Controls and that didn't help.

I then deleted the game from the PS4, presumably sending it back to version 1.0. At this point the manual shift works again. Only problem is that everything is locked out and I can only run the Dubai race.

After allowing the 7.0 patch to download and re-install, I again can no longer manually shift.

I've got to believe this isn't happening to everyone, so I'm hoping there's some workaround for this or I'm just doing something stupid or missing something simple.

Please let me know :)

Sinco69
26-12-2015, 07:39
I'm brand new here so sorry in advance if this is already a known issue. I didn't see it on the known issues thread

I just installed Project Cars on PS4 and am using it with a Logitech G29 wheel.

After initial install and basic testing I was able to drive just fine and manual shifting was working.

Overnight the 7.0 patch downloaded and installed. After this, the manual shift completely stopped working. My car will just stay in Neutral and I can't shift into gear. If I go into Controls and set to Automatic then I can drive in this mode, but if I switch back to Manual, same problem, car won't shift. I tried doing a "Reset" on the Wheel's Controls and that didn't help.

I then deleted the game from the PS4, presumably sending it back to version 1.0. At this point the manual shift works again. Only problem is that everything is locked out and I can only run the Dubai race.

After allowing the 7.0 patch to download and re-install, I again can no longer manually shift.

I've got to believe this isn't happening to everyone, so I'm hoping there's some workaround for this or I'm just doing something stupid or missing something simple.

Please let me know :)

You need to mapp the paddles in the meny, go to Options>Controls and there you will find the assign controls ore something.
Go down to Gear UP and Gear Down and chose the right peddle.
And you are good to go :)

luv2drive
26-12-2015, 07:43
You need to mapp the paddles in the meny, go to Options>Controls and there you will find the assign controls ore something.
Go down to Gear UP and Gear Down and chose the right peddle.
And you are good to go :)

They already appear to be mapped to the correct settings in the default mode, and I never changed them. As I said they were working before and then stopped. I also reset to defaults just to be sure

Sinco69
26-12-2015, 08:08
They already appear to be mapped to the correct settings in the default mode, and I never changed them. As I said they were working before and then stopped. I also reset to defaults just to be sure

I know but after the patch the default is not correct, just try to assign them again and you will se that they change from default to R1 and L1 :) pleas try that.

luv2drive
26-12-2015, 08:57
I know but after the patch the default is not correct, just try to assign them again and you will se that they change from default to R1 and L1 :) pleas try that.

You know what you're absolutely right! Thanks so much. I didn't even realize that the defaults had changed to invalid values. Doing what you said completely corrected the problem

...now I have to go look at why the steering wheel is suddenly so stiff :)

Sinco69
28-12-2015, 07:34
You know what you're absolutely right! Thanks so much. I didn't even realize that the defaults had changed to invalid values. Doing what you said completely corrected the problem

...now I have to go look at why the steering wheel is suddenly so stiff :)

Good to know :) Try to lower Tire Force from 100 to something less to see if that helps.

luv2drive
28-12-2015, 07:36
I actually found that the Steering gain (a new setting after the update) was at 3.00. I saw some other post somewhere that said it should be 1.00. I split the difference and set it to 2.00 and that made it comfortable.

Sinco69
28-12-2015, 08:01
I actually found that the Steering gain (a new setting after the update) was at 3.00. I saw some other post somewhere that said it should be 1.00. I split the difference and set it to 2.00 and that made it comfortable.

That is correct :)