PDA

View Full Version : Xbox one version because of Elite controller

glasgowman
26-12-2015, 16:24
Ive had the game since release on the ps4 which ive enjoyed immensely but the the ps4 controller isn't the most comfortably for racing games

(its a vast improvement on the ps3 controller)

I now have the elite controller for Xbox i was wondering if all the problems from launch that the xbox version had have been ironed out

and would i notice any difference graphically from the ps4 version

nissan4ever
26-12-2015, 17:42
Graphically, they basically the same. 1080p PS4 & 900p Xbox One. Besides the soon to be changed tire model of Patch 7.0. I'm pretty sure that most that use a controller, are pleased with using a controller on Project CARS on Xbox One. Definitely more so than back at launch.

Plus with Elite Controller, you can adjust the sensitivity of your analog sticks.

Psychomatrix
26-12-2015, 20:43
Give it a try. You can get used pcars versions pretty cheap.

glasgowman
26-12-2015, 21:14
thank guys, you've convinced me to pick it up it was just the 3 star user review on xbox live that had gave me doubts, but i think some people didn't like the handling and the vast options the game has.

Mecky79
27-12-2015, 00:15
No, many had similar control expects a Forza and determined that have are moving road vehicles a little more difficult with the controller.

nissan4ever
27-12-2015, 10:04
thank guys, you've convinced me to pick it up it was just the 3 star user review on xbox live that had gave me doubts, but i think some people didn't like the handling and the vast options the game has.

In my case, I was ready to graduate to Project CARS on console. There's nothing like it, until possibly Asseta Corsa next year. I guess some folks that didn't like PCars with a controller on Xbox One, missed taking a Nissan GT-R & putting a disrespectful Chevy 350 V8 in it. :)

Flat_out
27-12-2015, 12:29
Got Forza for Chrimbo but guess what's in my Xbox just now.PCARS!

nissan4ever
27-12-2015, 12:55
Got Forza for Chrimbo but guess what's in my Xbox just now. PCARS!

Apoc112
27-12-2015, 19:26
Definitely come a long way since the issues at launch. And with the Elite, I recommend the longer left stick for even more precise steering.

girlracerTracey
29-12-2015, 12:48
Ive had the game since release on the ps4 which ive enjoyed immensely but the the ps4 controller isn't the most comfortably for racing games

(its a vast improvement on the ps3 controller)

I now have the elite controller for Xbox i was wondering if all the problems from launch that the xbox version had have been ironed out

and would i notice any difference graphically from the ps4 version

I'm curious. Why not purchase an adapter and use your x1 Elite controller with racing games on your PS4 console?

There are now two adapters that are now fully compatible with the x1 Elite controller when used on the PS4 console.

i) Brooks Super Converter (fully compatible with the x1 Elite controller after firmware upgrade)

N.B. a little bit tricky sometimes to perform firmware updates. Onboard chip provides controller authentication to the PS4 console.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brook-XBOX-360-XBOX-One-Controller-Adapter-to-PS4-for-Console-No-Need-PS4-Pad-/151839186469?hash=item235a521e25:g:hFkAAOSwFnFWEnsj

ii) Cronus Max Plus V3 2015 Edition (fully compatible with the x1 Elite controller after firmware upgrade)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-CronusMax-Plus-Add-On-Rapid-Fire-Controller-Modded-for-PS3-PS4-Xbox-One-360-/131573189285?hash=item1ea25f8aa5:g:H8AAAOSwjVVVzrWk

FFB "rumble" support with both adapters.
Neither adapter is compatible with standard PS4 head-sets so you will need a usb head-set to use "party chat".

Here's a video to show you how the CronusMax device works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okCKKAvWJLM

I have both these adapters as I did some back to back testing of both adapters for Brook LLC. Both adapters work equally well with the x1 Elite controller on PS4.

Thought this might be an option for you perhaps?

grT

Fractured Life
29-12-2015, 16:19
I'm curious. Why not purchase an adapter and use your x1 Elite controller with racing games on your PS4 console?

There are now two adapters that are now fully compatible with the x1 Elite controller when used on the PS4 console.

i) Brooks Super Converter (fully compatible with the x1 Elite controller after firmware upgrade)

N.B. a little bit tricky sometimes to perform firmware updates. Onboard chip provides controller authentication to the PS4 console.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brook-XBOX-360-XBOX-One-Controller-Adapter-to-PS4-for-Console-No-Need-PS4-Pad-/151839186469?hash=item235a521e25:g:hFkAAOSwFnFWEnsj

ii) Cronus Max Plus V3 2015 Edition (fully compatible with the x1 Elite controller after firmware upgrade)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-CronusMax-Plus-Add-On-Rapid-Fire-Controller-Modded-for-PS3-PS4-Xbox-One-360-/131573189285?hash=item1ea25f8aa5:g:H8AAAOSwjVVVzrWk

FFB "rumble" support with both adapters.
Neither adapter is compatible with standard PS4 head-sets so you will need a usb head-set to use "party chat".

Here's a video to show you how the CronusMax device works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okCKKAvWJLM

I have both these adapters as I did some back to back testing of both adapters for Brook LLC. Both adapters work equally well with the x1 Elite controller on PS4.

Thought this might be an option for you perhaps?

grT

With the elite there is the option to change how the triggers and sticks respond to inputs, you can change for example how much throttle is applied for x amount of trigger travel - i think its setup on an app from dash though i assume there is a similar pc app. Would the saved ranges apply on the PS4 also as i believe they are saved to a profile in the chip on the pad itself?

Apoc112
29-12-2015, 17:26
With the elite there is the option to change how the triggers and sticks respond to inputs, you can change for example how much throttle is applied for x amount of trigger travel - i think its setup on an app from dash though i assume there is a similar pc app. Would the saved ranges apply on the PS4 also as i believe they are saved to a profile in the chip on the pad itself?

Yep, mappings and sensitivities are stored in the controller itself, so they carry over from system to system, whether you take your pad to another xbox or to a PC. Have to assume it's the same going into an adapter for PS4, as long as the adapter doesn't apply an of its own remapping.

girlracerTracey
29-12-2015, 20:27
Have to assume it's the same going into an adapter for PS4, as long as the adapter doesn't apply an of its own remapping.

Yes from what I understand that is correct. I have not tried this yet myself tbh.

The Elite controller is such a nice controller it seems a waste to me not to use it on PS4 also..

grT

stanza101
31-12-2015, 16:15
Yes from what I understand that is correct. I have not tried this yet myself tbh.

The Elite controller is such a nice controller it seems a waste to me not to use it on PS4 also..

grT

This interests me a lot.

May i ask, the trigger vibrate on xbox pad is something i really like. Especially for PCars.
Does this work on PS4 with the adapters you mention?

girlracerTracey
01-01-2016, 18:41
This interests me a lot.

May i ask, the trigger vibrate on xbox pad is something i really like. Especially for PCars.
Does this work on PS4 with the adapters you mention?

At present there are no trigger "rumble" effects available for the x1 controller (Elite or standard controller) with either the CronusMax or the Brook Super Converter when used on the PS4 console. For the moment the "rumble" effects are concentrated in the two "palm" motors. Having said that the "rumble" effects that you do get with both these adapters are nicely done and very accurate. To obtain a "rumble" effect with the CronusMax device you have to programme a script into the device using a pc or a laptop. With the Brook Super Converter the "rumble" effects are pre-programmed into the device through the latest firmware update. With the CronusMax "rumble" effects are adjustable through the scripting but with the Super Converter they are "set in stone" by the latest firmware update.

CronusMax are currently working on providing trigger "rumble" effects for the x1 controller on the PS4 console in the near future. If I am out of date on that and it is now available then apologies..I haven't checked on their website recently.

grT

stanza101
02-01-2016, 19:34
Thank you. Very useful info, i'll have to decide if to stick with XB or go PS4 with this adapter :)