PDA

View Full Version : T500 RS Wheel Centering-Issue

Facepl4nt
26-12-2015, 17:47
Hello everyone,
I got PCars on Christmas and tried configuring my T500 RS Wheel correctly for the right feel.
After studiyng the settings and searching the Internet for 2 days now, I noticed that no matter I change, the Wheel stays in it's Centering mode on the racetrack
as if I just plugged it in.
So if I steer, it gets harder the further i turn the wheel and if I release it centers the wheel.
While playing around with the FFB I noticed changes but there was always something weird.
So I turned FFB Master to 0 and the Wheel still wants to Center while Im driving without any FFB given by the game.
It feels like everything works just fine, but on top of the game's FFB there is the centering of the wheel, which for example I also have while just having it plugged in without playing anything.

I couldnt really find a solution anywhere, so I wonder if there's anyone here, who has the same problem and might know how to fix it.

Thanks for your Help,
Max

Fre.Mo
26-12-2015, 18:24
Try also to lower Tyre Force and the Mz FFB component.

If the center spring is too strong at low speed, there are also other dedicated center settings in the menus...

copes24
26-12-2015, 23:24
I am a T500 user. You should have no force with the FFB at 0. Are you connecting the wheel to the PS4 before launching Project Cars?

Facepl4nt
27-12-2015, 13:47
Yes I am, I noticed that it isnt quite what I thought. But still, using FFB Master at around 45 and Tyre force master at 75 and car tweaks from Jack Spades. The wheel either starts to wobble around center if i let it go or i dont have to low feedback.
Could you give me some advice what to teak in the settings copes24? Im just lost, because I feel like I tried every Setting.
And am I to connect the wheel after starting the game?

P.S. Fre.Mo I tried that but I just got worse, if let go of the wheel it just goes crazy in center or if I lower some settings I dont have any feel of the car in terms of countersteering/grip etc.

notanuva
27-12-2015, 13:49
Yes I am, I noticed that it isnt quite what I thought. But still, using FFB Master at around 45 and Tyre force master at 75 and car tweaks from Jack Spades the wheel either starts to wobble around center if i let it go or i dont have to low feedback.
Could you give me some advice what to teak in the settings copes24? Im just lost, because I feel like I tried every Setting.
And am I to connect the wheel after starting the game?

Check this site out has some wheel settings it might help you out.
http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/browse

Facepl4nt
27-12-2015, 14:48
Check this site out has some wheel settings it might help you out.
http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/browse

Thats exactly what I used for my settings, still the wheel starts to freak out if i let it go i wiggles from side to side and feels like really hard to turn, I also used the recommended Car FFB Settings from this Site.

bradleyland
27-12-2015, 17:27
Thats exactly what I used for my settings, still the wheel starts to freak out if i let it go i wiggles from side to side and feels like really hard to turn, I also used the recommended Car FFB Settings from this Site.

From the main menu:

Press R1 to go to the MY HOME screen.
Select "Options & Help"
Select "Controls"
Press R2 to activate "Calibrate Force Feedback"
Scroll down to "Low Speed Spring Saturation" (note: you should leave the "Low Speed Spring Coefficient" alone).
Lower this value to reduce the "centering spring" feeling you get at low speed.
I run mine at 0.40, and I think it's a good balance of feeling more realistic, but still providing enough feedback to feel oversteer at low speeds.

One more thing that is VERY IMPORTANT! If you put your PS4 in rest mode while the game is running, I've noticed that some FFB settings don't appear to activate when you return from sleep. For example, I set the "Menu Spring Strength" to zero, because I don't like the wheel centering itself at the menus. This setting doesn't appear to activate when I return from sleep. I don't know if other settings are having the same problem, but my wheel feels "off" if I put the PS4 to sleep while the game is running, then try to play again without closing and re-launching PCars.

Facepl4nt
27-12-2015, 19:55
From the main menu:

Press R1 to go to the MY HOME screen.
Select "Options & Help"
Select "Controls"
Press R2 to activate "Calibrate Force Feedback"
Scroll down to "Low Speed Spring Saturation" (note: you should leave the "Low Speed Spring Coefficient" alone).
Lower this value to reduce the "centering spring" feeling you get at low speed.
I run mine at 0.40, and I think it's a good balance of feeling more realistic, but still providing enough feedback to feel oversteer at low speeds.

One more thing that is VERY IMPORTANT! If you put your PS4 in rest mode while the game is running, I've noticed that some FFB settings don't appear to activate when you return from sleep. For example, I set the "Menu Spring Strength" to zero, because I don't like the wheel centering itself at the menus. This setting doesn't appear to activate when I return from sleep. I don't know if other settings are having the same problem, but my wheel feels "off" if I put the PS4 to sleep while the game is running, then try to play again without closing and re-launching PCars.

Hey Bradleyland,
I tried your advice and there still is a really strong force overpowering all other forces. It starts at around 100 km/h ifi let go of the wheel it starts to go left and right until i crash.
But while appliyng your options i noticed that soft clipping on 2.00 fixed the issue but also surpresses my other forces which I feel lik were ok. I tried every single Car FFb option and even Spring overall to 0 it didnt do anything but delete all other forces.

One more Example: If start riding the california highway @ the first 180 turn, i have to use a lot of power to even turn my wheel 360 to the right and as i'm exciting the turn the wheel jumps back to center with max. power even if i have low speed centering spring on 0.

Sankyo
27-12-2015, 20:24
Hey Bradleyland,
I tried your advice and there still is a really strong force overpowering all other forces. It starts at around 100 km/h ifi let go of the wheel it starts to go left and right until i crash.
But while appliyng your options i noticed that soft clipping on 2.00 fixed the issue but also surpresses my other forces which I feel lik were ok. I tried every single Car FFb option and even Spring overall to 0 it didnt do anything but delete all other forces.

One more Example: If start riding the california highway @ the first 180 turn, i have to use a lot of power to even turn my wheel 360 to the right and as i'm exciting the turn the wheel jumps back to center with max. power even if i have low speed centering spring on 0.
How are the Thrustmaster options on the wheel set, if any?

Facepl4nt
27-12-2015, 20:39
How are the Thrustmaster options on the wheel set, if any?

Since I bought the game for ps4, because i want to play with a friend, I dont have any Options from the Thrustmaster software like on PC

bradleyland
27-12-2015, 21:52
Hey Bradleyland,

It sounds like your FFB is still set too strong. When a car is driving at normal speeds, the wheels naturally want to roll in the direction of travel. This force is created by a suspension geometry called caster. Increasing caster increases this natural centering force.

If your FFB settings are too strong, this centering force (combined with dampening that the game filters FFB through) can cause this oscillation effect. I'd recommend reducing the FFB amount to a point that feels more natural (not so strong). I run the main FFB setting at 75, and then adjust each car's "Master Scale" FFB setting in the "Edit Setup" menu. I run around 12 for most road cars, and around 14 for race cars as a general guide.

gotdirt410sprintcar
27-12-2015, 21:56
Just got mine no issue here

thegt500
27-12-2015, 22:07
FFB Master at around 45 and Tyre force master at 75 and car tweaks from Jack Spades.

I'd suggest you set master FFB at 100% and leave it. Tyre Force, if set too high causes over saturation so initially set it to around 30~35% and adjust it to your taste as you see fit. I use a T300RS and find TF at 30% about right on most cars.
The only adjustments I've played with on the individual car FFB settings are master scale and SOP settings to increase/decrease the weight of FFB. Make sure whatever the master scale is set to, you change the SOP to as well (for example, default master is usually 26, so set SOP to 26 too). Another thing I do is set the Fx smoothing slider to zero on each car as it seems to give a more 'direct' feel. Another setting to play with is Arm Angle. If you set it too low, you get a tightly centred feel which weakens when cornering, if set too high, the opposite happens. Get this set just right and it feels great.
When I'm back in front of my PS4 I'll try and post my global FFB settings as there's some I can't remember at the moment.

Facepl4nt
28-12-2015, 16:29
I'd suggest you set master FFB at 100% and leave it. Tyre Force, if set too high causes over saturation so initially set it to around 30~35% and adjust it to your taste as you see fit. I use a T300RS and find TF at 30% about right on most cars.
The only adjustments I've played with on the individual car FFB settings are master scale and SOP settings to increase/decrease the weight of FFB. Make sure whatever the master scale is set to, you change the SOP to as well (for example, default master is usually 26, so set SOP to 26 too). Another thing I do is set the Fx smoothing slider to zero on each car as it seems to give a more 'direct' feel. Another setting to play with is Arm Angle. If you set it too low, you get a tightly centred feel which weakens when cornering, if set too high, the opposite happens. Get this set just right and it feels great.
When I'm back in front of my PS4 I'll try and post my global FFB settings as there's some I can't remember at the moment.

Thank you all for your advice, I really appreciate your efforts. But still:

Turning down the tyre force really seems to be te only thing helping a bit. It doesnt feel realistic though. I tweaked every Scale of the car individually and figuered that the Y-component really makes my wheel go crazy. If I turn it up it makes it real hard for me to turn into corners and flicks my wheel over center if i come out of corners and it also makes it oscullate. Also the SoP Diff seems to cause the same effect turnt to the max.
Also I found out that changing the Arm Angle to 1000 or higher for example @ the Mitsubishi evo makes the wheel rumble as soon as im turning and the it jsut breaks out (still rumbling). I dont think it's intended to that after just changing the arm angle from 0 to 1000, whatever it is, that this option does.

Isnt there anybody who could share his/her T500 RS PS4 settings with me? :/ Ive invested so much time and still cant find a nice balance between menu settings and car settings :(

delahosh
31-12-2015, 12:28
Isnt there anybody who could share his/her T500 RS PS4 settings with me? :/ Ive invested so much time and still cant find a nice balance between menu settings and car settings :(

Have a Look : https://www.pcars-forum.de/thema/2377-faq-t500rs-force-feedback-kalibrierung-setups/?pageNo=1

gotdirt410sprintcar
31-12-2015, 13:36
I use jack spade classic with my twist on it I have a t500 FFB is 50, 98TF 94 knee, reduction 18, RA'S 85, 03, 90. And the body Longitude scale at about 26 gives a good heavy under breaking feel on the gas the wheel goes lighter half 3.20 full 2.79. I keep my in car settings close at the most thirty off each other. you can tell what you change if you do one at a time.