PDA

View Full Version : Any clubs looking for drivers?

biggbaddwolf
26-12-2015, 19:39
Prefer USA, easier to keep the times straight..LOL

Gravit8
27-12-2015, 00:27
And they say league racing is the answer?. ;)

I too feel your pain.
This game is so niche and all the REAL RACERS hide out in their own spots playing buddies from work or who knows.
Real competition is non existent though.
Nobody can be bothered to race for real if they don't get to make the rules.

Have you tried joining a league yet though. I've never had good luck with them. But maybe you'd have better luck with a name like little red racer instead.
No joke, the assumption people drawing from your name may be enough to cause some to ignore and not invite.
Probably assuming you're a bad ass who will beat them. haha
My offer still stands to run with ya anytime.

hkraft300
27-12-2015, 01:22

Venturing online are ya mate?
I work the afternoon shift so maybe I'll catch you guys at the right time. Send me a request we'll do some sprints, test session whatever. That's usually all I have time for before work.

biggbaddwolf
27-12-2015, 03:47
And they say league racing is the answer?. ;)

I too feel your pain.
This game is so niche and all the REAL RACERS hide out in their own spots playing buddies from work or who knows.
Real competition is non existent though.
Nobody can be bothered to race for real if they don't get to make the rules.

Have you tried joining a league yet though. I've never had good luck with them. But maybe you'd have better luck with a name like little red racer instead.
No joke, the assumption people drawing from your name may be enough to cause some to ignore and not invite.
Probably assuming you're a bad ass who will beat them. haha

Yeah all the people I used to race with are still playing Gran Turismo 6, and don't seem too eager to upgrade to the new system and games!

Gravit8
28-12-2015, 00:33
Venturing online are ya mate?
I work the afternoon shift so maybe I'll catch you guys at the right time. Send me a request we'll do some sprints, test session whatever. That's usually all I have time for before work.

Not sure I want to give up my 6.0 tires. ;)

Wasn't really expecting a serious reply
I might though.
Was tempted last night to try to make my own default lobby, probably a waste of time and 6.0 tire model though.
I'm in the lotus 86T career events right now and I feel like the 7.0 update and that lotus not going to be as good as what I have in 6.0.

I'll send a FR though. I'll be back online with 8.0 or soon enough most likely.

hkraft300
28-12-2015, 05:48
Lucky bastard...
I updated to 7.0 you can't go online unless you update.
I didn't get to race the 98T (1986) much with 6.0 tyres :(
By the time 8.0 is out I'll be back at work but I'm sure I'll catch you for a race or 3.
Default on the Lotus F1 are boring: the 98T is choked under 5 bar boost and the 78 is an understeery mess!
I generally never run default. Steering ratio adjust because I'm on controller. Though I raced the CLK LM at Solder with default and it was peachy.

itzhipno
28-12-2015, 06:34
I'm always up for a race if I'm not at work, school, or doing something else

hkraft300
28-12-2015, 08:23
Ye man don't be shy throw out some invites. With the new PS4 OS there's a community option too. I'll add you in to the llLotus 98T group if I can. Raced with a couple of the guys they're alright

biggbaddwolf
28-12-2015, 10:40
Yeah I bought the Playstation Plus for a year so I could play PCars online, but I am seriously thinking that I won't renew it, as I hardly race online in PCars..I raced daily in GT6 so I guess for some crazy reason I thought I would in PCars too...LOL

BoereJack
28-12-2015, 11:32
to bad your rep is **** on these forums ,well you know what i mean, mister wolf..
i mean rep on the forum

hkraft300
28-12-2015, 12:42
I got the PS membership to play GT5 and cod MW3 online.
I mostly play pcars online too. Occasionally nobody is on and there are no interesting public lobbies so I'll do a career race or 2, or an FP test session, tune a car maybe.

biggbaddwolf
28-12-2015, 13:37
to bad your rep is **** on these forums ,well you know what i mean, mister wolf..
i mean rep on the forum
I am over it...are you? LOL

biggbaddwolf
28-12-2015, 13:39
I got the PS membership to play GT5 and cod MW3 online.
I mostly play pcars online too. Occasionally nobody is on and there are no interesting public lobbies so I'll do a career race or 2, or an FP test session, tune a car maybe.

GT5 was a PS3 game, and you didn't need Playstation+ to play on PS3, besides they took down the servers a few months after GT6 was released..

hkraft300
28-12-2015, 14:39
Ye my mistake. I meant that was the beginning of my PS online gaming.
I remember getting my arse kicked online back in the half life counterstrike and rainbow 6 rogue spear days, so I practiced before getting online. The Ferrari F2007 was fun in GT5 :)
But ye I made a PS account for MP. Got the Plus for BF4 and pcars. Get a few discounted gamesw
With it.
Paying subscription to play online is robbery: you pay for the console, the game, ISP... A*holes...

biggbaddwolf
28-12-2015, 16:27
Ye my mistake. I meant that was the beginning of my PS online gaming.
I remember getting my arse kicked online back in the half life counterstrike and rainbow 6 rogue spear days, so I practiced before getting online. The Ferrari F2007 was fun in GT5 :)
But ye I made a PS account for MP. Got the Plus for BF4 and pcars. Get a few discounted gamesw
With it.
Paying subscription to play online is robbery: you pay for the console, the game, ISP... A*holes...
No kidding..what the h*ll is Sony thinking?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Oops I said a cuss word, I will probably get another infraction...Oh well life goes on :)

biggbaddwolf
28-12-2015, 16:30
Just a SS from a race I ran today, if anyone is interested :cool:

biggbaddwolf
28-12-2015, 16:32

Here is another, and no I didn't cause the wreck, it happened in front of me, and I just zoomed past the mess..LOL

hkraft300
28-12-2015, 21:32
Oh ye I'm down for some FR3.5 action. Get a lobby up mate.
Be on soon, while the wife sleeps in ;)

Gravit8
28-12-2015, 21:58
Yeah I bought the Playstation Plus for a year so I could play PCars online, but I am seriously thinking that I won't renew it, as I hardly race online in PCars..I raced daily in GT6 so I guess for some crazy reason I thought I would in PCars too...LOL

I'm sure GT Sport will bring the fun if you can't get plugged into a league or club.
There's also Forza. It gets my vote for best racing game, no, not physics or tire model, just game that's actually well fleshed out, has an online component, and is populated with enough racers to step right out to public lobbies and have real fun racing.
But I have not popped for an xbox1 and live yet. I'll probably pick up a second ps4 so I can play one of my family in house instead. racing Public lobbies is always better when you bring a friend or family member.
But forza's very good public hopper system makes me miss it all the time. And I miss GT shuffle.
GT will fill in the gaps for you though IMO.

hkraft300
29-12-2015, 00:09
I played forza 5 shuffle lobbies and hated it
Much prefer pcars and GT's user optioned lobbies instead.