PDA

View Full Version : Chat Feature

Vitessekid
29-12-2015, 21:22
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I think this would be the most appropriate place to put my question / suggestion:

Will there be a in-game chat feature (coming from Gran Turismo this is probably the first thing I noticed in the multiplayer lobby)? I don't have a mic, and it is a bit frustrating for me as I'm racing in a league. The best alternative for me so far is using the PS Message app on my phone, but then I can only send a message to one person. Any help would be appreciated, please don't take this as a rant, I just want to know if either this could be implemented or maybe way to chat in group. :confused:

biggbaddwolf
29-12-2015, 21:52
I think it would be a great feature to implement if there is any way possible...

Vitessekid
29-12-2015, 22:21
I think it would be a great feature to implement if there is any way possible...
Maybe it's just my problem because I don't have a mic, but this is how it looks like on the "lobby" screen on Gran Turismo:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/images/c/i1BOiEMj1aueRz.jpg

As you can see, on the left there is a chat box. Whether the person is driving or in the lobby, the message will pop up on the left side, and everyone will see the message. You can type while driving in Gran Turismo, but that'll be a problem in Project Cars because in Gran Turismo there is an "auto driver" when you press pause which slows you down, ghosts you and brings you back to the pits if you don't take back control of the car, while Project Cars just makes you fly off the track and land on Mars (at least it ghosts you, but only if ghosting is allowed in the multiplayer settings)

Liquid7394
29-12-2015, 22:24
You can setup a group message on PSN, that will allow you send a message to multiple people.

Vitessekid
29-12-2015, 22:25
You can setup a group message on PSN, that will allow you send a message to multiple people.
Ok thanks, that'll be my alternative for now. I'm also new to the PS4, so both Project Cars and the new UI is new to me.