PDA

View Full Version : Should I Return for Refund Xbox one controller issues?

worldcitizen1919
30-12-2015, 06:28
Hi everyone,

Just bought the game and all add ons yesterday on XBox One and on default controls the game was unplayable. I then came here and tried a few configurations and not much better.

I love Forza 6 but this is much deeper and a true sim if I could play it but so far I can't.

I tried the various suggested settings and still unplayable.

The first recommended settings on the tech support thread worked better but I still found it not that good when I tried to really race.

Has anyone here got the game working properly on XBox One or should I refund it as it is unplayable currently.

Also, how do I know if my version is the latest. With all add ons my file size says about 22.3 gigabytes???

Thanks

Dave

cmch15
30-12-2015, 06:48
I am on PS4 and have been playing with a pad until now (just changed to a wheel). Not sure how it translates onto Xbox but I run/ran controller input mode 2 (select that first)

Steering deadzone 5
Sensitivity 0
Speed sens' 50 - 65
Controller filtering 10. If you set this too high I find the steering too slow to respond, in tight chicanes for example.

Version/update should be in bottom left of menu screen.

Edit There are also these which were posted by one of the devs a while back. A mate of mine uses these settings.

My preferred settings (same for DS4 and XB1):

Deadzone=10
Sensitivity=20
Speed sensitivity=70
Filtering=50
Input Mode=3

worldcitizen1919
30-12-2015, 07:12
Just won my 1st race in the rain with a go kart!! I'll try some other cars and tracks.

Good one. Thanks.

NavyFlipper HUN
30-12-2015, 07:15
Don't give up Dude! You just step into simulator from a game!

I played on Xbox1 with pad until early november, now I'm using G920.
If I remember correctly my pad settings were
Steering sens: 0 , Deadzone: 10-20 depend on pad
Brake sens: 100 , Deadzone: 10-20
Throttle sens: 100, Deadzone: 10-20
Speed sens: 65
I can't remember for filtering
Thats all what I can remember.
I hope these can help.

NavyFlipper HUN
30-12-2015, 07:16
The karts are the worst in the game :D GT3 cars are much easier to drive! ;)

worldcitizen1919
30-12-2015, 07:38
Just won another race with an Audi. With Forza 6 I usually take the curves at higher speed then brake suddenly but here I get thrown off the track when I don't slow down before a curve. Also I noticed I have to brake more often than Forza It's not just that simple but I bought this because Forza 6 is great but more tracks and depth.

And this is more a real sim.

If I can at least start to play this I'm definitely not taking it back but you need a lot more skill than Forza. I like the challenge.

I'm beginning to start to enjoy this thanks to you guys. Thanks heaps. Really appreciate your tips.

STEELJOCKEY
30-12-2015, 07:49
Remember this game is designed to simulate a real racing environment with as real physics as can be designed. This means you will need to brake properly for corners and control the throttle and steering more than arcade style games. No more too late braking and throwing it into a corner expecting to pull it off.

If you have been looking for more in a race game than what you have been playing, this game will satisfy you more. However a controller is not the easiest to drive with this game. It is designed for those looking for sim style racing that has only previously been available on PC. Be warned! The more you get into it, the more you may enjoy it, and you may consider upgrading to a wheel setup. If you do, you will be REALLY be getting the most out of this game and wonder why you didn't upgrade sooner.

You might want to update your platform to Xbox in your profile so we know which version you are asking about too.

cmch15
30-12-2015, 08:37
The karts are the worst in the game :D GT3 cars are much easier to drive! ;)

I thought that when I first tried them soon after launch and never looked at them again. Don't know if they changed them specifically or if it down to some tyre changes but they're much better now and I actually enjoy them for a quick blast.

Be warned! The more you get into it, the more you may enjoy it, and you may consider upgrading to a wheel setup. If you do, you will be REALLY be getting the most out of this game and wonder why you didn't upgrade sooner.

Absolutely this ^^

Played with pad since launch, got a G29 for Christmas, Playseat on the way (ordered boxing day) :D

worldcitizen1919
30-12-2015, 09:45
I've just started using the GT cars and it's no good. Car swinging from side to side like a drunk. Just can't seem to get any decent control.

Also I still can't find my version number on Xbox one. I read that there was an update that fixed these problems but I don't know if I have that yet because nothing's working.

Where on th Xbox one does it show the version number anyone know? Thanks

TRL Karthikeyan
30-12-2015, 10:57
here is my settings.
steering
0% deadzone
0% sensitive

throttle, brakes, clutch
0% deadzone
30% sensitivity

controller input sensitivity 0%
force feedback 30-60(i run 40)
controller input mode 3.

i have given these settings to tonnes of people and they all said they are better than default settings.

the karts are very hard. lmp3 cars a good place to start and the radical sr3 or palmer jaguar are good starting cars. This game gets better the more you play it(even after 8 months!) you just have learn to be smooth to be fast.

and i'm on pad

nissan4ever
30-12-2015, 10:58
At the main menu where you can select career or free practice, etc. The very bottom left corner of the screen will show version number. It should read v7.0....... Okay. You might want to consider getting the Thrustmaster 458 Spider $99. You'll be amazed at the difference/driving in this game with a wheel.

Flat_out
30-12-2015, 13:45
Stick with it.Forza is has terrible driving physics.
I've used a controller from day one.You just need to be smooth and don't flick your steering from side to side.
There is plenty of tips to be had around this site,not all will work for you,as you need to do a bit of work to find what suits your driving style!
Will take a bit of trial and error.I also have a wheel but I still mostly play with a controller due to time and space.

Dan77 DESTROYER
30-12-2015, 16:46
I agree with steeljockeys post, there's a different approach needed with this game in terms of how you drive it, it is possible to be good and competitive with a controller,
I race with five guys every night who make it look easy on a controller and they can beat me and I'm on a wheel lol but you do need to drive it completely different to say forza or other arcade titles.
Had this game from release day and started off with a controller and within the first month bought a tx wheel and haven't looked back, it makes the driving/racing a lot easier and it immerses you into it more in my opinion.
Don't give up it is frustrating on a controller but it can be done once you get into it ;)

Umer Ahmad
30-12-2015, 21:12
helpful advice here for XB1

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28540-Having-Problems-with-Project-Cars-This-MAY-help!

STEELJOCKEY
30-12-2015, 21:38
I've just started using the GT cars and it's no good. Car swinging from side to side like a drunk. Just can't seem to get any decent control.

Look through your controller settings for speed sensitivity, up this to about 60. This will smooth out your steering inputs while driving at high speed so car not so twitchy. Most noticeable at speed on straights.

OpticalHercules
31-12-2015, 01:19
At the main menu where you can select career or free practice, etc. The very bottom left corner of the screen will show version number. It should read v7.0....... Okay. You might want to consider getting the Thrustmaster 458 Spider $99. You'll be amazed at the difference/driving in this game with a wheel.

Absolutely! If you don't want to take the plunge and invest >$300 in a wheel, get the Spider. I have used one on this game since release and it is fantastic.

As others have said on this thread: Don't Give Up!

This game is not Forza, and you cannot treat the cars like you would in Forza. Brake in straight lines and let off before/as you start your turn in or you won't be on the track for long. Be patient, and be Smooth. Stomping throttle or brakes, going to instant full lock on your turns (a little hard not to with a controller, I know...) will just hurt your lap times. Ease into every single input change you make and ease off them as well.

After you learn the controls and some tuning enough to be able to handle some of the higher end GT3/LMP2/1 cars, I think you will start to find that your absolute fastest laps are those where you almost feel as if you're going too slow and babying the car through the turns. Hop in a GT3 car and go do some Free Practice on Brno. That track REALLY rewards proper braking and turning speeds. Too hard/fast and you'll just eat the tires off your car while also eating the tire stacks around the track. That track is where I really learned how to drive GT3 after spending so long in the LMP1 cars that stick like glue and can be over-driven a bit too hard.

If you do want to stick with your controller instead of investing in a wheel, consider buying a set of Stick Extenders. They sell them at some Best Buys and Game Stops, but can also be found online. Putting one on your left stick should help you to make steady input changes and not try to over-control as much.

To get started in tuning and see what this game really has to offer, check out: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar Even if you don't find a specific tune in there that you like, you may at least find some settings on some tunes that you do like and can incorporate into your own setups.

kevin kirk
04-01-2016, 21:12
First a little tip, If you turn the advanced setting option on and then turn it back off.It will still have the jerky feel as if its on unless you cycle through the controller type presets,resetting your settings. Then just put everything back to were you want it. The method that worked for me is with the advanced steering setting off and being on preset 3. Turn your deadzone to 0 and turn your steering sensitivity to 0. Now put your speed sensitivity to 100. Go to the track and the car shouldn't turn at all. Now go thur the process off turning your SPEED sensitivity down by 5 numbers.Go back to the track. Still wont turn to your liking, then move the SPEED sensitivity down by another 5 numbers. Do that until you find the steering you want. I landed on 70 for tight turn tracks and 75 for high speed tracks. With your deadzone on 0 and your steering sensitivity on 0, you will be only dealing with one setting,the SPEED sensitivity setting. Its allows you to tighten up or loosen the car with just adjust one setting.