PDA

View Full Version : Wheel jerks very violently when spinning out.

TheLastRezort
31-12-2015, 04:32
I run a thrustmaster TX on my Xbox one. At the moment I've just got all the force feedback settings on default, except for master force feedback strength which is at 80.
I've spent a lot of time trying to get the right settings on project cars, but I can't find settings that work for me.
Anyway, no matter what settings I've used the wheel jerks to one side very violently when I spin out, I'm surprised I haven't sprained my wrist. Also when the car is stopped the wheel becomes extremely heavy and difficult to turn. Can anyone please help me?
If anyone could also tell me some ffb settings to use, that are up to date, it would be greatly appreciated.

Dan77 DESTROYER
31-12-2015, 07:33
Have you updated the wheel to the latest firmware?

There's some links to an app with Jack spade settings on it which helps massively when setting ffb settings, top of the Xbox one section

I'd suggest turning your TF setting down and your ffb down, at default they are too high.

STEELJOCKEY
31-12-2015, 07:40
I run all of my settings on default except the following

Deadzone on zero
Speed sensitivity on 60

Stock rim I run scoop knee at 0.50 and scoop reduction at 0.49
GTE rim I run scoop knee at 0.46 and scoop reduction at 0.45

I expect my wheel to feel a bit heavy when I am stopped as turning the wheels when they are not rolling. Too much power steering these days has made it easy for drivers to turn wheels while standing still, I come from the old school with no power steering and find this normal.

Ixoye56
31-12-2015, 08:17
If steering feels to heavy when the car standing still, turn down "Low Speed Spring Saturation" in general ffb settings.

Personally I don't like driving with heavy FFB, I have my wheel set more as a car feels in reality with modern power steering, I use 80 in general settings and Tireforce at 75 in combination with Jacks Fy+LateralSop settings in the cars setups.

BreadedVirus
01-01-2016, 02:36
If steering feels to heavy when the car standing still, turn down "Low Speed Spring Saturation" in general ffb settings.

Personally I don't like driving with heavy FFB, I have my wheel set more as a car feels in reality with modern power steering, I use 80 in general settings and Tireforce at 75 in combination with Jacks Fy+LateralSop settings in the cars setups.

After getting my wheel from Amazon, i decided to take my car out for a drive simply to get the feelings that i wanted to feel from my racing wheel. Took me a while to set up the wheel, but it was very much worth the effort.

Nickname85
03-01-2016, 13:07
I sometimes have the same problem... Mostly when I change from f2015 to project cars, this ffb bug appears. The thing that always fixes it is to unplug the USB from the Xbox and plug it back in (so I starts the physical recalibration). Maybe this will help you out? I have my ffb setting set to default, except for the wheel force, that's on 60.

Kennytomson
04-01-2016, 01:50
Never had an issue until tonight.just recently got f1 2015 and did play it before protect cars. Thanks for the insight.

But had same problem has original poster, would hard jerk at stop.

bradleyland
04-01-2016, 03:50

This is such an important setting if you want your FFB to feel more like a real car.

TheLastRezort, be sure to keep in mind that different wheels have different strength FFB. So just plugging in someone else's settings might not achieve the same results for you.